Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 13, 1:32 AM
Sep 2015
Don't get me wrong, I don't think this arc is useless or bad. But I still think this season is a questionable decision?

First off, we had season 1 in which episode 19 specifically hyped the show up a lot.
Then, we had the movie which was amazing.
Then, the Entertainment District arc, with one of the best animated fights in anime.
Personally, I enjoyed the Swordsmith Village arc too, but its problems should be obvious to anyone open to criticism - the pacing was particularly bad in the beginning and UM5 was underwhelming. Obviously, coming from the previous season, this caused many people to call it disappointing and/or boring.

And so, we reach this season, where we literally have a training arc that should've normally taken 3 episodes adapted into 8. Do I need to mention why this is a terrible idea? The people who disliked the last season are probably going to hate this one, regardless of the extra stories being adapted or not. After all, they don't really advance the plot and are completely optional to read anyways. On top of that, many people who were previously fine with it are now going to believe Demon Slayer is becoming boring because nothing is happening.

Not to mention it's been 1 year since last season. If the next season is 12 episodes long, then there's no good stopping point, so it's most likely going to be longer than that. Which means there's no way in hell that the next season appears anytime soon.

So what exactly is this season? A way to keep the show relevant? The hype will just die before next season anyways. It would've been better if this was released closer to that instead.
I just don't understand the reasoning behind releasing this season like this. I know that it doesn't fit well in a movie format, so it makes sense that it's episodic. I just really find its placement VERY weird.

Instead of doing it like Frieren and releasing 4 episodes at once in the beginning of next season containing the entirety of this arc, they choose to make an entire season? Hell, they could've just dedicated 3-4 episodes out of 25 for it instead.

So what is happening? Are they just milking the show? Is this a way to sell manga after it ends by teasing the next season?
May 13, 1:33 AM

Jan 2009
its not yet confirmed that it will be 8 episodes though that is just rumors or leaks so its not 100% confirmed

my guess is it will be 5 episodes total for this short arc given that it only adapts 9 chapters of the manga
May 13, 1:37 AM

Aug 2018
Yeah, honestly, this training arc should have been adapted together with the Swordsmith Village arc.
May 13, 1:52 AM

Sep 2016
Why does it even matter if this is a separate season or part of another season? Seems completely irrelevant to me.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
May 13, 1:57 AM

Jan 2021
That's just how Ufotble are going with this anime. They are naming seasons based on arcs, not numbering them.
Now is that a good decision for such a short arc, I don't know. It definitely won't be a success or praised like some of the previous seasons but they have mentioned nothing about the infinity castle arc. They might just drop it this year (although that's unlikely).
Anyways, all I know is that this season is going to end with a bang and hopefully that keeps the viewers interested.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

May 13, 2:48 AM
Sep 2023
TehBlaxxor said:
Don't get me wrong, I don't think this arc is useless or bad. But I still think this season is a questionable decision?

First off, we had season 1 in which episode 19 specifically hyped the show up a lot.
Then, we had the movie which was amazing.
Then, the Entertainment District arc, with one of the best animated fights in anime.
Personally, I enjoyed the Swordsmith Village arc too, but its problems should be obvious to anyone open to criticism - the pacing was particularly bad in the beginning and UM5 was underwhelming. Obviously, coming from the previous season, this caused many people to call it disappointing and/or boring.

And so, we reach this season, where we literally have a training arc that should've normally taken 3 episodes adapted into 8. Do I need to mention why this is a terrible idea? The people who disliked the last season are probably going to hate this one, regardless of the extra stories being adapted or not. After all, they don't really advance the plot and are completely optional to read anyways. On top of that, many people who were previously fine with it are now going to believe Demon Slayer is becoming boring because nothing is happening.

Not to mention it's been 1 year since last season. If the next season is 12 episodes long, then there's no good stopping point, so it's most likely going to be longer than that. Which means there's no way in hell that the next season appears anytime soon.

So what exactly is this season? A way to keep the show relevant? The hype will just die before next season anyways. It would've been better if this was released closer to that instead.
I just don't understand the reasoning behind releasing this season like this. I know that it doesn't fit well in a movie format, so it makes sense that it's episodic. I just really find its placement VERY weird.

Instead of doing it like Frieren and releasing 4 episodes at once in the beginning of next season containing the entirety of this arc, they choose to make an entire season? Hell, they could've just dedicated 3-4 episodes out of 25 for it instead.

So what is happening? Are they just milking the show? Is this a way to sell manga after it ends by teasing the next season?

since most of your argument is based on conjecture,

theirs not really much of a point in grouping it with an average season,
{ thats also whst people are doing with the upcoming overlord movie }

we're just gonna have to wait and see
May 13, 3:12 AM
Sep 2015
Reply to Zarutaku
Why does it even matter if this is a separate season or part of another season? Seems completely irrelevant to me.
@Zarutaku It is very relevant in the sense that shows usually lose their audience by releasing subpar seasons. Maybe ufotable thinks Demon Slayer is too popular for that, who knows.
May 13, 5:08 AM

Jul 2015
Ufotable so far had flawless record regarding this series pacing, so I trust then that they'll make the best decision.

May 13, 6:00 AM
Mar 2021
no Only Tv version has lot of viewership if others it will fall,oly have to see in ott ,but in japan this is the most wached show in recent years,everyone including kids are watching this.so they went only for Tv version,and also thnk abt mugen train arc,it ws also released in tv Too,so it attracts lot of attention and viewership,but also another reason for this is They are taking lot of time in( Infinite castle arc) its the reason behind it
Anime Rules the world
May 13, 12:02 PM
Oct 2019
In order to keep the high standards of KNY production-wise they need these type of resting seasons. It's impossible to animate a 24ep season just after 1 year of the previous one and keep the same quality. Anime industry is killing their workers and i don't mind having these seasonal arcs if it guarantees human working conditions and an excellent product.
May 13, 1:00 PM
May 2022
From what I've heard about this arc, they really should just have made one season with Swordsmith Village and this one.
May 13, 2:46 PM
Jun 2021
They want to earn money, that's it. More episodes/seasons brings more money. Besides, the animation isn't even like before, they using too much CGIs now.
And you are probably right with the hype dying, cause many more amazing animes will be coming in future, besides ds popularity has already been replaced by jujutsu kaisen. So, I won't be shocked when the infinity castle movies comes out they might earn even less than 200M$ cause ds might not remain relevant up until that time.
- ad99
May 13, 8:31 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
I think it's fine considering how short this arc actually is.

This arc doesn't need to be extended and let's just be thinking positively that Ufotable want to prepare more for the final arc so it will be a blast :)

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
May 13, 11:22 PM
Mar 2021
neglected-icon said:
They want to earn money, that's it. More episodes/seasons brings more money. Besides, the animation isn't even like before, they using too much CGIs now.
And you are probably right with the hype dying, cause many more amazing animes will be coming in future, besides ds popularity has already been replaced by jujutsu kaisen. So, I won't be shocked when the infinity castle movies comes out they might earn even less than 200M$ cause ds might not remain relevant up until that time.

uve got to be kidding 😂😂 even if it releases all the arc it never even comes close to DS KNY ,just look at the viewership in japan for jjk it is 3 -4times less thn kny, doesn't evn stand a chance,but it's plr bcs of mappa advrtisn and promoting it evrywr...tell them to release without promoting and revealing anything .not evn one piece,or othr pop anime coms clse to ds populrty.
Anime Rules the world
May 14, 7:14 AM

Nov 2020
I agree it's pretty stupid. I think Ufotable are limiting themselves by sticking to this "one arc a season" rule, cause it seems like we're going to have this short ass season that's more of a build-up to the next. Could be a way to drag it out or make more money, but I feel like it'll just hurt the series' reputation a bit.

One of the benefits of anime over manga is getting way more story development at once. With Demon Slayer, getting less then 12 episodes a year for a story that isn't that complex isn't satisfying. It'd be like if JJK did a separate season for the Hidden Inventory or MHA did that for any of its shorter arcs.

And as for arguments that Ufotable need more time to animate these arcs, I don't see how this upcoming training arc would be so much more demanding that they couldn't have just added it to Swordsmith Village, giving us a more well rounded S3.
Are ya winning, diners?
May 16, 4:46 AM
Feb 2022
Reply to _Gaidenn
In order to keep the high standards of KNY production-wise they need these type of resting seasons. It's impossible to animate a 24ep season just after 1 year of the previous one and keep the same quality. Anime industry is killing their workers and i don't mind having these seasonal arcs if it guarantees human working conditions and an excellent product.
@_Gaidenn it would be very possible for them to keep up with it if they just used this thing called AI, which is the main reason why I can’t wait for it to get better, I don’t think it’s gonna take peoples jobs, but I think it will help create the framework for animating panels
May 16, 6:53 AM
Oct 2019
Reply to Hornyweebsgoaway
@_Gaidenn it would be very possible for them to keep up with it if they just used this thing called AI, which is the main reason why I can’t wait for it to get better, I don’t think it’s gonna take peoples jobs, but I think it will help create the framework for animating panels
@Hornyweebsgoaway we all know how conservative ppl are towards AI, the amount of hate kny received for that CGI fish in the last season was unreal even tho it was really well animated
May 19, 1:20 PM

Aug 2019
The "this arc was short in the manga" excuses make me laugh. Nothing was stopping the studio from adapting some material from the next arc to increase the episode count in cour 4.

The manga ended years ago so there's no problem with Ufotable catching up to the source material; for now it just seems like Ufotable is being greedy and they want to prolong the series for as long as possible instead of giving us a well-paced adaptation. I bet the next arc will take years to be fully adapted in the anime at this rate and we'll keep getting shitty cour recap movies in the meantime...
May 19, 1:56 PM

Apr 2021
People are barking up the wrong tree if they want to blame Ufotable for this.

It's Aniplex. Of course they want to milk this series as much as humanly possible.
May 20, 4:08 PM

Oct 2019
Demon slayer's hype will never die.

This show has placed some kind of woodoo magic on the entire community, so it will always be considered the peak of anime by millions of people.
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Hashira Geiko-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

IzanaSolos - Feb 20

229 by amlg »»
9 hours ago

» WTF with the eyes

peregrintuk - May 20

21 by deg »»
Yesterday, 10:36 AM

» Is this arc skippable?

CJustawaye - May 30

32 by Ridzaxster »»
Yesterday, 10:20 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Hashira Geiko-hen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - May 26

120 by sakurasyinks »»
Yesterday, 5:25 AM

» Return of Hantengu

OroficB06 - May 28

9 by Wendysekai »»
May 31, 7:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.