Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Shaman King: Flowers
Available on Manga Store
New
May 9, 1:13 PM

Feb 2018
Hello, this thread is just some old time fan of Shaman King expressing his thoughts on this adaptation, who know, maybe some other fan might wanna give this sequel a try.

First, some context. I first watched the original anime and loved quite a bunch. Even got interested on the manga and even some OVAs which were pretty difficult to find back in the day but I did, I also read all the manga and even some special chapters. Hanna was an interesting character because he was there, way back, in the post ending chapters, I couldn't help be intrigued by him.
Then SKF started releasing monthly, but I think the scanlation group lagged behind plus the manga had also some choppy release scheadule, this made the worse asppects of the story really big, why: the recycled story beats and recycled character roles felt eternal; I spent more than half a year with the notion than this was only a cheap retelling of the original manga, by the time the story became more original, I couldn't shake the feeling it was a cheap sequel... and this was 10 years ago.

Just this week I began watching the series with the lowest expectations (since the remake was also pretty choppy with slideshow-like animation and a not so good last episodes), but as a fast paced anime, the reclycled parts go by fast giving the new stuff much time to breath and shine.

By episode 5 I was already convinced this is really a good anime... with a huge sidenote that only those who watched the remake or read the manga should watch it.
May 12, 7:02 AM
Nov 2019
SuperStar IS continuation of flowers manga and its way Berger thab flowers

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shaman King: Flowers Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 2

32 by RocketRaccoon83 »»
May 12, 3:08 PM

Poll: » Shaman King: Flowers Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 26

8 by Fortress_Maximus »»
May 5, 4:36 PM

Poll: » Shaman King: Flowers Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 20

19 by bossunhimeswitch »»
Apr 24, 3:12 PM

Poll: » Shaman King: Flowers Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 30

11 by bossunhimeswitch »»
Apr 23, 3:22 PM

Poll: » Shaman King: Flowers Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 19

12 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Apr 20, 9:23 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.