Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 2, 10:11 PM
Jan 2021
Hello! After catching up to Whisper Me A Love Song, I have been thinking about how good Bloom Into You is. Touko and Yuu's love story is an important part of the plot of course, but each of the main characters have lives outside of one another while the side characters are developed. The music, art style, and animation are all absolutely beautiful and compliment the complex feelings each of the main characters develop, and their own baggage that makes them human. I have never seen a romance quite as good within any medium, and as Bloom Into You is one of my favorite stories in general, I am aware that there may not be an equal yet. I hope to at least find some other amazing romances with similarly interesting characters and storyline without being overly convoluted.
May 2, 10:22 PM
Jul 2020
It's been a while since I've watched this, but I'd recommend Maria Watches Over Us (Maria-sama ga Miteiru). From what I remember I really enjoyed the relationships between characters and those other than the main girls were developed nicely throughout the show. I think my favourite thing about this show was the feeling of time passing. I don't know if I've seen that portrayed as well as this show surprisingly. I think it's worth a watch if you liked Bloom Into You
May 2, 10:23 PM
Dec 2021
Enderobot said:
Hello! After catching up to Whisper Me A Love Song, I have been thinking about how good Bloom Into You is. Touko and Yuu's love story is an important part of the plot of course, but each of the main characters have lives outside of one another while the side characters are developed. The music, art style, and animation are all absolutely beautiful and compliment the complex feelings each of the main characters develop, and their own baggage that makes them human. I have never seen a romance quite as good within any medium, and as Bloom Into You is one of my favorite stories in general, I am aware that there may not be an equal yet. I hope to at least find some other amazing romances with similarly interesting characters and storyline without being overly convoluted.

You could check out Nana. While it’s not girls love you still might like it. It’s very genuine and full of character. And what you wrote about Bloom into you kind of reminded me of it.

May 2, 10:27 PM
Jan 2021
Reply to Floundah
It's been a while since I've watched this, but I'd recommend Maria Watches Over Us (Maria-sama ga Miteiru). From what I remember I really enjoyed the relationships between characters and those other than the main girls were developed nicely throughout the show. I think my favourite thing about this show was the feeling of time passing. I don't know if I've seen that portrayed as well as this show surprisingly. I think it's worth a watch if you liked Bloom Into You
@Floundah Would you say that the romance between the main two characters is fleshed out and dynamic? I'll check it out so thanks!
May 2, 10:28 PM
Jan 2021
Reply to Eleben
Enderobot said:

You could check out Nana. While it’s not girls love you still might like it. It’s very genuine and full of character. And what you wrote about Bloom into you kind of reminded me of it.
@Eleben I am open to watching romance stories of any sexualities really, Bloom Into You just happened to connect with me the most out of the ones I have seen!
May 2, 10:36 PM
Jul 2020
@Enderobot I wouldn't call it a typical romance show, but if you are willing to watch all the seasons there is clear growth in the characters and their relationships as they go through the show. It sounds like a lot of investment, but everything felt like it progressed naturally for me. Dunno if this helps, sorry if it didn't, but you got me wanting to watch this show again lol
May 3, 12:59 AM
Apr 2020
None.
Or at least I've haven't watched an anime that matches it.
Bloom into you is so special and unique.
Sorry for not being of much help.
May 3, 1:44 AM

Apr 2021
The anime I enjoyed so far has been

Japanese: “Tensei Oujo to Tensai Reijou no Mahou Kakumei”

English: “The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady”

I saw other anime in this topic, but they were not enjoyable

Bloom into You is not that good
ejleonMay 3, 2:43 AM
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

May 3, 11:29 AM
Feb 2021
Hii! I would like to recommend the new anime that is airing rn called Whisper Me a Love Song it is quite good, the animation, the voices, the character literally everything, im in love with this anime. Another one is Citrus which is really nice too, moreover Scum’s Wish and Netsuzou Trap uhm well they aren’t really like Bloom Into You but they were good too. The latter was really fast and short.

So:
Whisper Me a Love Song
Citrus
scum’s Wish
Netsuzou Trap
May 3, 4:43 PM
Jan 2021
Reply to Mimi_Jazmin
Hii! I would like to recommend the new anime that is airing rn called Whisper Me a Love Song it is quite good, the animation, the voices, the character literally everything, im in love with this anime. Another one is Citrus which is really nice too, moreover Scum’s Wish and Netsuzou Trap uhm well they aren’t really like Bloom Into You but they were good too. The latter was really fast and short.

So:
Whisper Me a Love Song
Citrus
scum’s Wish
Netsuzou Trap
@Mimi_Jazmin Whisper Me A Love Song has been a lot of fun to watch so far! I’ve been enjoying how wholesome the relationship has been developing and the inclusion of a band since I always love music! I’ll check some of those out so thanks!
May 4, 2:06 AM
May 2022
I don’t think it’s that similar but I think Sasaki and Miyano is trying to emulate it—the main character has a very similar arc of “this super popular kid is into me but I don’t fully grasp my own sexuality so I’m going to tiptoe around it for at least half a season”.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yagate Kimi ni Naru Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2018

247 by Shirokanz »»
May 18, 1:07 PM

Poll: » Yagate Kimi ni Naru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2018

112 by oDaw1 »»
May 3, 8:38 PM

Poll: » Yagate Kimi ni Naru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2018

199 by Worsethansoap »»
Mar 24, 6:04 PM

Poll: » Yagate Kimi ni Naru Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2018

89 by CeliaOffcial »»
Jan 22, 3:05 AM

» anime or manga

kotosugu - Oct 12, 2023

17 by Atsunome »»
Jan 10, 8:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.