Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 19, 2023 8:40 PM
May 2017
With the remake coming; Buronson claimed, he would do his best to make sure it capture the feeling of the Manga with delicacy. It made me wonder; are there things that should have been added or had happened in the Manga?

There are several time where I wished Kenshiro used a bike just like Kurt Russell did in his movies instead of walking. Many time he was late to scene because Buronson never wrote him using any vehicle apart from Burt's. I also wanted him to use shotgun in early stage of the story when he still had not achieved or learned many techniques/abilities. So, we he could be more like Cobra played by Sylvester Stallone.

And last but not least; I wanted him to use Bruce Lee fighting style more. He was mostly using Hokuto shinken with various martial art technique but nothing that Bruce Lee did.
Sep 19, 2023 8:48 PM

Jan 2021
I just want better pacing. That was always the OG anime's biggest problem.
Sep 19, 2023 8:54 PM
May 2017
Reply to johneaston
I just want better pacing. That was always the OG anime's biggest problem.
@johneaston Toei executive had a bad habit of not dividing stories in part or making them seasonal. They try to cash in many big IP with the broadcaster by giving the spot reserve for shows that air the entire year. Overall quality degrade when the staff do not have time rest or have to work on multiple project at once.
Sep 19, 2023 8:56 PM
Apr 2021
I just want great animation (obviously) but also the art style in particular to be on point. Because that’s what I loved most about the manga, the art was so damn good.

Has the studio been confirmed? I personally want david production on this series.
Sep 19, 2023 9:02 PM
May 2017
Reply to majin_mark505
I just want great animation (obviously) but also the art style in particular to be on point. Because that’s what I loved most about the manga, the art was so damn good.

Has the studio been confirmed? I personally want david production on this series.
@majin_mark505 We just have rumors that the producers are trying to get animators of JoJo to work on the project. But even if true; it is David Production that still need to decide. I am fully sure they are busy with wrapping up their their project to start production of Steel Ball Run. One of the most famous JoJo Manga. I am not so sure if they will say, yes.
Sep 19, 2023 9:18 PM
Jul 2020
I actually just want it to be a complete adaptation this time with good animation that's all I ask
Sep 19, 2023 9:36 PM

Apr 2015
As someone who has never watched Fist of the North star and will probably be watching this, I hope they actually follow through the story well and finish it properly.
Sep 20, 2023 12:38 AM
Dec 2010
I don't ask for much improvement. I just hope they'll keep the original show's qualities/spirit.
And won't make into "for all family" or "not to offend anyone" type of the show for "modern audiences" ¯\(°_o)/¯
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Sep 20, 2023 12:44 AM
May 2017
Reply to greenmarty
I don't ask for much improvement. I just hope they'll keep the original show's qualities/spirit.
And won't make into "for all family" or "not to offend anyone" type of the show for "modern audiences" ¯\(°_o)/¯
@greenmarty Even if they won't; the uncensored version will take time to reach outside of Japan. Most of the subtitles will be altered.
Sep 20, 2023 12:50 PM
Feb 2022
If we get good animation and it adapts the full story this time then I should be happy with it I love the original 80s anime I was only disappointed it didn’t cover the whole manga. If they don’t use CGI I’m hoping this will be great. Idk if they can top the original soundtrack though I personally think that original soundtrack for the 80s anime was perfect.
Sep 20, 2023 7:45 PM
May 2017
Reply to Mr_Mayhem_101
If we get good animation and it adapts the full story this time then I should be happy with it I love the original 80s anime I was only disappointed it didn’t cover the whole manga. If they don’t use CGI I’m hoping this will be great. Idk if they can top the original soundtrack though I personally think that original soundtrack for the 80s anime was perfect.
@Mr_Mayhem_101 They should just use the original sound track vocals and combine it with the instrumental of the movie. It would be amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9hhDEfV4uo
Sep 20, 2023 8:48 PM
Feb 2018
The worst part of Hokuto no Ken were the filler episodes, so that. A more condensed story or at that same filler but with a lot more substance would be nice.

By the way, does anyone knows if the manga has as much filler as the anime? I've been thinking about reading it but I'm not still sure because of that.
Sep 20, 2023 8:52 PM
May 2017
Reply to LittleAbacus
The worst part of Hokuto no Ken were the filler episodes, so that. A more condensed story or at that same filler but with a lot more substance would be nice.

By the way, does anyone knows if the manga has as much filler as the anime? I've been thinking about reading it but I'm not still sure because of that.
@LittleAbacus They aren't really fillers considering that Kenshiro do not have a mean of transportation due to which he have to stop in a lot of location. Leading to a lot of fights with the local thugs and clan leaders. It is suppose to be a long journey in a post apocalyptic world.
Sep 20, 2023 8:55 PM
Feb 2018
Reply to almightybismarck
@LittleAbacus They aren't really fillers considering that Kenshiro do not have a mean of transportation due to which he have to stop in a lot of location. Leading to a lot of fights with the local thugs and clan leaders. It is suppose to be a long journey in a post apocalyptic world.
@almightybismarck I know, but it gets to a point where it gets so tedious. At the final part I want to see Kenshiro fight Raoh, but instead I we get new out-of-nowhere characters who are there only to be killed by Raoh.
Sep 20, 2023 9:01 PM
May 2017
Reply to LittleAbacus
@almightybismarck I know, but it gets to a point where it gets so tedious. At the final part I want to see Kenshiro fight Raoh, but instead I we get new out-of-nowhere characters who are there only to be killed by Raoh.
@LittleAbacus Those things are present in the Manga too put they are better executed. And a lot of content that are fillers most of it doesn't exist as well. So, it is overall a better experience from the Anime.
Sep 21, 2023 11:11 PM
Dec 2018
man these guys here be like "good animation " like if the og adaption had bad animation or smth lol
Sep 21, 2023 11:13 PM
May 2017
Reply to Bushido99
man these guys here be like "good animation " like if the og adaption had bad animation or smth lol
@Bushido99 It was better than most garbage I saw. Some shows doesn't even have movements without still images.
Sep 22, 2023 11:48 AM
Aug 2023
Honestly I would like if cherography in some fights was better, for example Juza vs Raoh and final Kenshiro vs Raoh were all better in the anime and for some songs from the OST to be kept or remade and to flesh out Shin's character a bit more than they did in the manga, kinda like in the anime but without so much filler. Other than that, I will be perfectly happy as long as its a faithful adaptation without useless filler.
Sep 22, 2023 9:02 PM
May 2017
Reply to Alex_7000
Honestly I would like if cherography in some fights was better, for example Juza vs Raoh and final Kenshiro vs Raoh were all better in the anime and for some songs from the OST to be kept or remade and to flesh out Shin's character a bit more than they did in the manga, kinda like in the anime but without so much filler. Other than that, I will be perfectly happy as long as its a faithful adaptation without useless filler.
@Alex_7000 I also think they should improve the choreography of the fights. A lot of techniques are only shown when someone have mastered it and not shown when it is still imperfect. It would be great to see this evolution of the fighting style of the characters.
Sep 29, 2023 10:59 AM
Mar 2020
I would like to see the characters in their original coloring like they were intended in the manga. For example, Raoh with his light skin and hair or Rei with his darker clothes instead of green. It would help to separate this new version from the old one as well.
Sep 29, 2023 8:03 PM
May 2017
Reply to YuYuHunter55
I would like to see the characters in their original coloring like they were intended in the manga. For example, Raoh with his light skin and hair or Rei with his darker clothes instead of green. It would help to separate this new version from the old one as well.
@YuYuHunter55 This is a great idea.
Nov 15, 2023 5:00 PM
Feb 2020
I’m hoping that the gods army arc finally gets a perfect animated version where the backstory of the army is kept
Nov 15, 2023 7:41 PM
May 2017
Reply to napa_sensei_yt
I’m hoping that the gods army arc finally gets a perfect animated version where the backstory of the army is kept
@napa_sensei_yt Buronson stated that it will stick more to the Manga while also capture the feeling more. So, mostly it will be.
Dec 8, 2023 10:53 PM
Jan 2021
I just want it to match the pacing of the manga. The original toei anime was slower paced. Some of the filler was funny like Ken fighting a tank, but some was pointless. It probably doesn't need to be over 100 episodes.
Dec 8, 2023 11:38 PM
May 2017
Reply to MrBronze1445
I just want it to match the pacing of the manga. The original toei anime was slower paced. Some of the filler was funny like Ken fighting a tank, but some was pointless. It probably doesn't need to be over 100 episodes.
@MrBronze1445 Buronson stated that he will make sure everything match the feeling of the Manga (though not about the content of it).
Dec 9, 2023 12:49 AM

Oct 2013
I want the pacing to be closer to how it was like in the manga. The original anime was fun, but had way too many hit or miss fillers (some were okay, some were not and dragged out too much), and definitely too many recap episodes. I remember there were several recaps in a row, lol.

Dec 9, 2023 12:50 AM

Oct 2013
Reply to almightybismarck
@napa_sensei_yt Buronson stated that it will stick more to the Manga while also capture the feeling more. So, mostly it will be.
@almightybismarck Oh, so Buronson-sensei commented on that and what's more, confirmed the new anime is gonna feel more faithful to the manga? That's awesome!
Dec 9, 2023 2:11 AM
May 2017
Reply to Adnash
@almightybismarck Oh, so Buronson-sensei commented on that and what's more, confirmed the new anime is gonna feel more faithful to the manga? That's awesome!
@Adnash Well at least he have the idea that it will be feeling wise more faithful. But not sure about getting a full adaptation. We weren't given an answer on that. So, all we know that it will animate up to Ken-oh's defeat.
Jan 18, 12:23 PM

Oct 2017
Uncensored violence is the most important in my opinion. For this remake to be successful, it needs to be in the vein of Hellsing Ultimate and retain the violence in all its bloody glory.
Jan 19, 8:27 PM
May 2017
Reply to GreatestSaltboy
Uncensored violence is the most important in my opinion. For this remake to be successful, it needs to be in the vein of Hellsing Ultimate and retain the violence in all its bloody glory.
@GreatestSaltboy Uncensored guts flying everywhere is a must. Otherwise it would be one of the greatest tragedies of our time.
Feb 3, 8:08 AM
Apr 2023
I don't think we have to worry too much about censorship, many modern anime don't really tone that down that much. I really do hope they adapt the last unadapted chapters though. It's a sin that HNK 2 stopped before adapting everything.
Feb 3, 8:21 AM
May 2017
Reply to Vipadus
I don't think we have to worry too much about censorship, many modern anime don't really tone that down that much. I really do hope they adapt the last unadapted chapters though. It's a sin that HNK 2 stopped before adapting everything.
@Vipadus Was the last chapter something about Roah having a son?
Feb 15, 11:00 PM

Jul 2015
Biggest change I want to see is for the Golan arc to not be screwed over this time lol.
I want actual good 2D animation and not some CGI trash too.
It'd also be nice to have a complete adaptation.
Feb 17, 4:29 AM
May 2017
Reply to MrConnman123
Biggest change I want to see is for the Golan arc to not be screwed over this time lol.
I want actual good 2D animation and not some CGI trash too.
It'd also be nice to have a complete adaptation.
@MrConnman123 I wish the stretched his fight and only elaborated on how his dictatorship work instead of simply showing a comic book dictator.

More topics from this board

» Studio

lightenshadow - Sep 22, 2023

11 by Bernex7 »»
9 hours ago

» The hype is real!

Adnash - Sep 12, 2023

16 by Saphiran »»
Sep 26, 2023 11:31 AM

» NANI?!

concerned2 - Sep 13, 2023

5 by AnimePedestrian »»
Sep 22, 2023 3:46 PM

» REMAKE!!11?? ( 1 2 )

Lupinfag - Sep 12, 2023

50 by Alexioos95 »»
Sep 18, 2023 12:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.