Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Laid-Back Camp
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 9, 2023 2:37 AM

Sep 2020
8-bit are a good studio, but I'm not a massive fan of the new character design in the new visual personally, hoping it grows on me, what are your thoughts on it?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 9, 2023 4:07 AM
Mar 2019
8-Bit worked on a show called Encouragement Of Climb which is a similar show but instead it's about hiking so maybe they were the go to choice.
As much as I love 8-Bit it's just not gonna look as good as C-Station. Yuru Camp has that unique feeling and a change in style is gonna be really wierd. Also C-Station have nothing they are working on at the moment.

Regardless if the story is good this season I'll enjoy it nonetheless. Now I just need to beg Silver Link for Non Non Biyori Season 4
TheRealNinjanime
Jul 9, 2023 4:12 AM

Sep 2017
That's a huge disappointment for me

Of course it could have been worse, 8bit isn't a bad studio, but the news still hits me like a truck
Jul 9, 2023 5:11 AM
Jan 2018
I going to assume the old studio intend the movie to be the send off ? Then the committee decided differently and c station refused to continue?

That’s what it seems like
Jul 9, 2023 5:14 AM
Apr 2021
Ninjanime said:
8-Bit worked on a show called Encouragement Of Climb which is a similar show but instead it's about hiking so maybe they were the go to choice.
As much as I love 8-Bit it's just not gonna look as good as C-Station. Yuru Camp has that unique feeling and a change in style is gonna be really wierd. Also C-Station have nothing they are working on at the moment.

Regardless if the story is good this season I'll enjoy it nonetheless. Now I just need to beg Silver Link for Non Non Biyori Season 4

But Non non biyori officially ended right?
Jul 9, 2023 5:52 AM

Dec 2014
Very disappointed. 8bit may be a good studio, but there's no point in changing something that works already. C-Station adaptation was the best. I wonder what's the reason behind this
Jul 9, 2023 8:32 AM
Dec 2020
I'm not familiar with this type of discussion so as an outsider, I want to say that this type of change in the art style feels... weird. I mean, just look at Rin, she's definitely looking very different from what I remembered and that's not in the good way
Jul 9, 2023 9:26 AM

Jan 2020
I like the character design. Though i'm really scared of the studio after what i saw with Blue Lock with the LOVELLY RUNNING CGI. I don't mind CGI, just DO NOT MAKE IT LOOK HORRIBLE.
Jul 11, 2023 12:58 AM
Apr 2018
I wonder how the music might be, so far it's been bangers
My candies:
Jul 12, 2023 5:04 PM
Feb 2018
I don't think the new studio will be that much worse. My big worry is the Director. Yuru Camp has a very unique feeling about it that I fear the new guy will not be able to replicate.
Aug 6, 2023 4:10 PM
Jun 2019
The designs are practically indistinguishable to the other seasons
Sep 24, 2023 4:21 AM
Sep 2017
After watching the movie i'm not the biggest fan of the new character design tbh. It looks a bit meh... and out of place for me
I'm happy it gets a s3 but I just hope they don't change the pace, but who knows, maybe it will be good maybe not, we just have to wait and see how it goes.
Edit: 8bit did slime isekai so I'm excited to see how they adapt a slower paced anime.
Sep 28, 2023 3:10 AM

Feb 2016
Reply to Dransyo
I could've accepted a change in art style, but the characters look straight-up completely different, they're more childish and Shimarin's hair is completely different. People say it looks closer to the manga, I still have to read it (and now I have one more reason to do it), but I can't see the resemblance.
They also got rid of Asaka, apparently. It's almost like the studio purposely tried to disappoint as many fans as possible.

Shimarinbros, I don't think I'm gonna recover from this.

Dransyo said:

My eye doctor is quite good at his job, you should book an appointment
I believe in Shimarin supremacy
Sep 28, 2023 6:34 AM
Feb 2021
I dont mind the design of Nadeshiko or the Camp club.But the design of Rin feel so much different from the C-station design.The 8bits studio version of Rin alway look Sad for some reason while the previous Design have some kind of quiet cool girl vibe but very cute(like a Kuudere).It just feel so different.This is not complain, i still happy this got a third seasson and gonna watch when it come out.
Sep 28, 2023 7:42 AM
Sep 2022
i saw on new PV's characters is more of Moeficiation than old studio, no comment for this and still waiting into the trailer release for the new visualitation.
Oct 2, 2023 12:44 PM
Sep 2022
the difference is too big
im very disappointed

Oct 5, 2023 2:36 PM
Nov 2021
They went for the manga style
It's exactly the same
So I'm not very annoyed by it just hope the atmosphere will be good
Oct 22, 2023 8:17 PM

Jul 2012
Why they changed the studio behind?
Oct 23, 2023 8:02 PM

May 2021
I know it's strange to see characters look different from one season to another season. Dagashi Kashi also did that for Season 2, since they made the characters in Season 2 of Dagashi Kashi look more like how they did in the manga.
Oct 23, 2023 8:11 PM

Jun 2020
Based on the replies, I was expecting something utterly horrifying when I watched the teaser. It was fine. It looks more like the manga style. Animation looks fine, too! Of course, I'm still going to miss the previous style. But I'm alright with this, as well.
Oct 24, 2023 3:19 AM
Mar 2017
Im honestly not sure what to think.

The designs look too... Simplified. Like they removed a bunch of detail. It looks flatter, and is lacking a lot of the warm and fuzzy feeling from before.

I do have the manga, and while I have read only a bit of it so far, I honestly wouldnt say from that trailer that the new artwork matches the manga better than the old.

Especially the hair looks much closer to S1-2 in the manga, while maybe their eyes and other facial features look a bit closer to the new design.
Nov 9, 2023 12:45 PM
Apr 2018
Not sure why some are saying it's closer to the manga, it really doesn't look anything like the manga.

It looks like they tried to make Rin's face look closer to her adult appearance in the movie, with a sharper chin and smaller pupils. However this makes no sense, as no time has passed between season 2 and 3.

For comparison movie adult Rin:

Latest Yuru Camp preview showing Rin:

They've definitely changed her design to look more like the movie instead of being consistent with season 2.
Nov 13, 2023 11:55 PM
Dec 2016
The way I see it, if the situation were reversed and the first two seasons had been done by 8bit in this art style (assuming all other things remained equal) and then C-Station had taken over the 3rd and done it in their style, then people likely wouldn't like the C-Station style. People just generally don't like changes to things they like. Also, don't bother listing examples of times a mid-way studio change was seen as a general positive, I'm well aware there are counter-examples but their existence doesn't invalidate the point.

I just hope the feeling remains mostly the same, the slower tempo, allowing the splendor of the landscape to passively be the central focus when appropriate, character interactions, music, etc. As has been pointed out, 8bit were the studio behind Encouragement of Climb, so that's a plus, but the actual staff includes basically nobody from that production and this iteration sure doesn't look much like EoC from the PV, either.

That being said, as long as they don't play up the CGDCT angle too much (insomuch as not falling back on tired tropes of that genre which the original seasons didn't really do that much, e.g. nobody is actively jealous of Aoi's breast size or gropes her from behind asking how her they got so big, etc.), don't try to amp up action or stakes (S2 came kinda close to doing that a few times, especially with music design), don't COMPLETELY change the atmosphere of the music, don't turn it into a blatant vehicle for tourism advertisement (the original series of course did this to an extent but it felt like more of a natural consequence of the girls researching where they were going so it fit and wasn't distracting), and don't shift the focus too far away from the girls and their journeys/interactions to becoming more focused on being a camping education show (like how Dagashi Kashi is just a thin narrative designed mostly as a vehicle to deliver history and fun/interesting facts about candy and snacks), then I think there's every chance that this next season will be just fine.

That is a lot of "don't"s, though...
Dec 30, 2023 3:50 AM

Sep 2018
My main concern is that the characters look a lot more same face-y now. Definitely not opposed to it overall, it still looks beautiful, but C-station really made each of them feel so much more distinct.
Jan 11, 3:00 AM

Mar 2021
I don't see much difference, maybe there's a slight resemblance to Rimuru now but that's not a bad thing. Rimuru is one of the most breedable characters in all of cartoon.
Jan 16, 5:05 AM

Feb 2020
I don't really care so much. I'm pretty sure the atmosphere will remain same along with the characters and their personalities.
Feb 24, 2:09 AM

Dec 2014
Just went to a cinema for a first three episode preview. I didn't like the new character design when they showed it at first glance, but actually it's not that bad. It's even kind of closer to manga, I think. I only don't like some new Nadeshiko expressions, but otherwise not bad.
The TV premiere scheduled on April 4th, and will be releasing on Thursdays.
From a plot side, (minor spoilers ahead) it follows the events of the 2nd season, 2-3 weeks passed or so.

The overall graphic quality stays on the same level, soundtrack also the same. Atmosphere is perfect and very close to a 1 and 2 season (movie seemed a bit off for me, but the 3 season looks promising so far).
I also liked the opening sequence very much, it's very catchy. Visual style is vary close to a second season's OP, which includes animation style and one-color images (don't knot how to properly call it, but I'm sure you understand).
On the other hand, I didn't like the ending this time. While the song is OK (song by Asaka), the visuals are a bit lazy.
Gigas001Feb 24, 2:48 AM
Feb 24, 2:35 AM
Oct 2019
Reply to Ninjanime

@Ninjanime you can't have a season 4 when season 3 and the last ova adapted the remaining chapters.
Feb 24, 2:37 AM
Oct 2019
Reply to SFPunishment
Why they changed the studio behind?
@SFPunishment usually it's the schedule for airing don't fit with the studio who produce so the committee find another one or it's creative different among the committee resulting in one leaving. Shingeki no Kyojin with Wit was the former they wanted more time to maintain quality but the committee wanted to air faster so they left.
Feb 28, 8:19 AM

May 2020
Don't like it. Plus the director change too. I'm disappointed but I'll still take more yuru camp
┏────────┓
WHY
Is HoneyComeBear so Underrated?

─────────
┗─────────┛
Feb 28, 8:51 AM

Nov 2023
My most anticipated show of next season.

Let's hope it will be good as always.
I need somebody who can love me at my worst
No, I'm not perfect, but I hope you see my worth
'Cause it's only you, nobody new, I put you first
And for you, girl, I swear I'll do the worst

If you stay forever, let me hold your hand
I can fill those places in your heart no else can
Let me show you love, oh, I don't pretend, yeah
I'll be right here, baby, you know I'll sink or swim
Feb 29, 3:23 PM

Jul 2017
I'm currently rewatching Yuru Camp and finally actually saw the PV and new key visuals for the first time, man they look... bizarre. Might need time to get used to it but in anime form, I'm not much of a fan of the new changes from first impressions, they look a lot more different and in my opinion, weaker than before (original anime's designs had it just right by being a bit cute but normal enough to not be a moeblob turnoff visually since I don't like those in general). I know that these designs might be closer to the manga but that doesn't mean that I like them more that way. I'll see how it actually turns out in the anime though, a shame that the new studio opted for these designs than something similar from the earlier seasons instead.

Not like this means that season 3 is a complete failure already and will be doomed, in fact it still has a reasonable chance of being a good and comforting anime again. But I don't know, somewhat not feeling this right now at least at this moment.
Mar 2, 9:02 PM
Dec 2022
8-bit seems to be willing to coast on the background design more than the character design, but I don't mind it. 8-bit is more than capable of making the best backgrounds representing Japan's natural beauty as proved from the studio's previous work, Yama no Susume: Next Summit.

Yuru Camp's manga series is successful in Japan also because of the character dynamics with their unique ways of conversation. So, it's not that bad that the character design is now closer to the original manga.

But the most important thing of all, season 3 will be a huge turning point even in the manga's character development. It think it's more important than the overall character design.
Mar 4, 2:39 AM

Jul 2021
Can someone tell me important staff (other than director) who work for animation or background music whether they change or not? Honestly i'm worried about this studio, director, and character design replacement
shiro-seishunMar 4, 2:55 AM

𝕊𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕠 - 𝕊𝕖𝕚𝕤𝕙𝕦𝕟'𝕤 ℙ𝕝𝕒𝕪𝕝𝕚𝕤𝕥
"Time doesn't heal anything, it just teaches us how to live with pain." —Itachi Uchiha
Mar 29, 4:04 PM
Mar 2021
I've been waiting for quite a while for the new season, but didn't know the studio changed. And it is quite a big change and at the current moment I am not really a fan. I hope it grows on me as I really love and enjoy this series. Also I finally figured out what's been bothering be in the trailer, since I watched it few days ago. There is a quite substancial lack of shadows, especially in their hair from what I can see, making them look really flat. I hope this problem will be only in the trailer and not the anime itself
Mar 29, 7:23 PM

Jan 2019
Reply to SixofQueens
The way I see it, if the situation were reversed and the first two seasons had been done by 8bit in this art style (assuming all other things remained equal) and then C-Station had taken over the 3rd and done it in their style, then people likely wouldn't like the C-Station style. People just generally don't like changes to things they like. Also, don't bother listing examples of times a mid-way studio change was seen as a general positive, I'm well aware there are counter-examples but their existence doesn't invalidate the point.

I just hope the feeling remains mostly the same, the slower tempo, allowing the splendor of the landscape to passively be the central focus when appropriate, character interactions, music, etc. As has been pointed out, 8bit were the studio behind Encouragement of Climb, so that's a plus, but the actual staff includes basically nobody from that production and this iteration sure doesn't look much like EoC from the PV, either.

That being said, as long as they don't play up the CGDCT angle too much (insomuch as not falling back on tired tropes of that genre which the original seasons didn't really do that much, e.g. nobody is actively jealous of Aoi's breast size or gropes her from behind asking how her they got so big, etc.), don't try to amp up action or stakes (S2 came kinda close to doing that a few times, especially with music design), don't COMPLETELY change the atmosphere of the music, don't turn it into a blatant vehicle for tourism advertisement (the original series of course did this to an extent but it felt like more of a natural consequence of the girls researching where they were going so it fit and wasn't distracting), and don't shift the focus too far away from the girls and their journeys/interactions to becoming more focused on being a camping education show (like how Dagashi Kashi is just a thin narrative designed mostly as a vehicle to deliver history and fun/interesting facts about candy and snacks), then I think there's every chance that this next season will be just fine.

@SixofQueens
SixofQueens said:
if the situation were reversed and the first two seasons had been done by 8bit in this art style (assuming all other things remained equal) and then C-Station had taken over the 3rd and done it in their style, then people likely wouldn't like the C-Station style. People just generally don't like changes to things they like.

You closed the topic.

The new design isn't bad, it's just different, and people are mad at it because it looks different.
"If someone says it's wrong to hope, I'll tell them they're wrong every single time."
Apr 1, 6:06 PM
Oct 2017
Season 3 character design look similar like in manga even some scene in the anime trailer look similar in the manga
Apr 4, 11:44 AM

Apr 2008
With EP 1 out, I knew something felt different. Mainly with Chiaki's glasses.
Apr 4, 12:21 PM
Anime Emperor

Jan 2019
I like 8bit, they're a nice studio, but I was really used to the old character designs, so these feel a bit off for me. Hope I come to like them with time.
Apr 4, 12:38 PM

Jan 2017
I wouldn't call it ugly, but somehow it's weird and uncomfortable to look at, likely because I'm just not used to it yet.
鬼に逢うては鬼を斬る
仏に逢うては仏を斬る
ツルギの理ここに在り
Apr 4, 1:53 PM

Aug 2011
I don't mind it, it's still the cute and relaxing show that I'm familiar with so a bit of animation change doesn't bother me at all!
desu desu binches
Apr 4, 1:57 PM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
I cant' see a difference, maybe since it's been a while since I watched the previous season.
However, they did bring back my favorite pine cone who says "hello" every now and then. Awesome.
"You only realize the real value of something you discarded when you get the chance to pick it up again." - Rudeus Greyrat
Apr 4, 8:43 PM

Sep 2018
Mostly a bunch of hot air, the change is so minimal that it almost feels trivial. Or maybe it didn't matter that much to me originally, what I enjoyed the most was the atmosphere the show created.

I also agree with the reverse hypothetical situation with the studios lol, some people really hate change and are naturally dubious when hearing about it. "Soulless", a buzzword I'm getting a little tired of hearing about, even if I've probably used it in the past admittedly.
Apr 5, 12:16 AM

Jun 2019
It looks so good too. I think they intentionally made the trailer different. Sensei is cuter this time too. I'm waiting for Nadeshiko's sister screentime.
Apr 5, 11:37 PM
Nov 2022
It’s looked more like the original design from the manga but still, I like the previous design in the 1st and 2rd seasons more
Apr 6, 7:08 AM

Jun 2020
i was thrown off when the episode started but quickly got used to it. the style has barely even changed, and since the quality and atmosphere seems consistent with previous seasons so far, i don't really mind it.
Apr 6, 6:39 PM
Nov 2018
I was a little worried when I heard 8-Bit was taking over production for Yuru Camp but I think it looks good so far. The style change is noticeable but it doesn't bother me. 8-Bit also did Yama no Susume, which is one of my all-time favorite shows, but there were times in the most recent season when the animation looked unfinished, and occasionally veered off into a weird cartoon-y style that looked really inconsistent. Hopefully they keep things consistent with Yuru Camp.
Apr 6, 8:31 PM

Oct 2010
Reply to SixofQueens

SixofQueens said:

I mean, but none of that will happen. It's not like the third season is changing the source material and the anime original content has been so far in tone with the rest of the series. The show is trying to be quiet all the time so it's not going to amp up stakes in a very significant way, it won't really be much more of a vehicle for tourism advertisement than it already is, and it would actually be very absurd if the girls suddenly obsess about Aoi's breast size after having it shoved in their faces for two seasons without any big reaction (the only time it's even mentioned in the show is when Nadeshiko finds out that Akari is impersonating her sister).

After watching the first episode though, I do like the new character designs and how they look in motion. With Rin and Chiaki I'm a bit torn, they don't fully work for me compared to their previous designs, but it's not like they look any bad, the characters are still fully recognizable and they seem to allow for more fluid character animation (which is one of 8-Bit's strengths). The thing I'm missing a little from C-Station so far is the set design, which was detailed but not plain photorealistic and added a bit of filtering and lighting that generated a recognizable atmosphere to the whole show, one that I sadly found a bit irregular in this first episode.
Apr 6, 9:10 PM

Jun 2010
Rin's design threw me off a little; I think she looks a little younger in this style. It took me a bit to realize that the part with her trying to start the fire the same way her grandpa did wasn't another flashback.
Apr 8, 12:33 AM

Aug 2020
Nothing biggie but yeah the previous studio did better design. This one just doesn't hit the same (so far).
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Im disappointed

Mr_Sai - Oct 2, 2023

27 by souraia »»
Yesterday, 5:03 AM

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Season 3 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 9

71 by Spo0ky-chan »»
Sep 16, 9:02 AM

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Season 3 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 18

74 by Spo0ky-chan »»
Sep 9, 11:55 PM

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Season 3 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 16

72 by modboy »»
Sep 9, 11:15 PM

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Season 3 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 11

75 by Matheus050 »»
Sep 9, 5:52 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.