Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 11, 2023 5:13 AM

Jul 2017
The audtions are less than a week away, and time passes so fast that it's intense, the same goes for everyone else working hard to present the best version of themselves.

Everyone is working to their best, except Akine, who thinks otherwise, and the other 1st Years compliment her for her learning speed. But when it came time to put everything together, as with Carmen, they could not catch up, much less being stared by Tachibana. And her stuck-up attitude is what pisses Akine off for a face-off between both girls, that the 2nd Violin section leader Yonezawa put to a stop before things could get worse, The promise with Aono and Haru left unaccomplished and raced off leaving Akine behind, she wants to catch up to them, and that includes Tachibana as well.

Late into the night, and Tachibana is still practicing for Yonezawa to notice her. Tachibana thought that she's in for some trouble with Akine that Yonezawa noticed, and the latter questions her and her past, whom she went with Harada before. But the outburst that Tachibana can't get along with Akine, it all amounts to her shutting down the sound of others and only listening to hers. If only she improved on this point, that the section can be more cohesive. But Tachibana herself is at fault for putting too much on her shoulders because of her promise to Harada to play the 1st Violin. The most important thing is: not everyone runs at the same speed, and Tachibana has ran the race too fast for others to catch up, so she oughta slow down. Sure enough, things between Tachibana and Akine get more awkward, but at least with the small step that the latter equests the former for help, and the feud has since calmed down.

All Akine needs now is to combine her sound with everyone else's expression, a world outside of the music score. And her friendship with Tachibana, grows a tad bit.
KANLen09Jun 18, 2023 12:57 AM
Jun 11, 2023 6:54 AM
Feb 2022
Still good show so far
Jun 11, 2023 7:22 AM
Aug 2020
my eyes, the animation won't improve but my eyes...

let's talk about music, nothing deep once again...

the relationships between the girls, it was not bad.

yeap, i'm just waiting for the end...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jun 11, 2023 11:05 AM
Dec 2021
LOVED IT
score back to 10/10

This is what I like about music anime.
This shit is not a dumb isekai, a retarded battle shounen or your delusional romcom where characters get their skills and achieve their goals whitout any effort.

Give a damn message, inspire people!!
WORK FUCKING HARD MAN
It's never easy. Ask for help, don't be too prideful and accept feedback/advice from your superiors.

LOVED BOTH TACHIBANA AND AKINE, WAIFU MATERIAL RIGHT THERE.
AnimeIs4KidzJun 11, 2023 2:50 PM
Jun 11, 2023 2:10 PM

Mar 2020
Again, it was an okay episode, still very surface level in terms of its themes, and very predictable. Tachibana's one of those characters with a rough exterior, but is just a person who wants to push others to their full potential. Found it hilarious when Akine said "Why don't we take this chance to say how we really feel about each other" to Tachibana, and upon the first thing Tachibana said, Akine got completely flabbergasted. This show can be so dumb sometimes.

I suppose the first half will end with the audition, so another build up episode next week, and then we'll get the big event.
Jun 11, 2023 2:30 PM

Feb 2019
10/10 episode. Probably my favourite so far. It’s really nice to get a ricchan focused episode. Just like last week where we thought the senpai were assholes, this week features a big misunderstanding as well. Tachibana is actually a really nice girl who just wants to get better and help others get better, but struggles making those connections.

Just goes to show, you never really know someone without talking to them. A lot of times we have preconceived notions about people who we’ve never even sat down to speak with. Props to Akane for being mature enough to go over and ask for help, kicking off a new friendship.
Jun 11, 2023 5:43 PM
Sep 2018
I think it can be said that Tachibana and Akine are both poor at expressing themselves at times.
They're fortunate that the Second Violin section leader has a decent level of interpersonal skills as well as being a good violinist.
How you say things matters.

---

Haru and Akine both are driven as a result of things in their past.
I have to wonder what there is in Tachibana's past that is riding her so hard.
Or what the future is that she's striving for.
Jun 11, 2023 6:21 PM
Apr 2022
We see a glimpse of Akine, the heroine of her own story in this episode

Haru and Hajime are none the wiser.

Akine flashing the V at the end is key framed from the manga, its pure delight.

Again, makes me wonder if the characters should have been in full 3D, like Sanzigen, so the consistency in the animations is carried over from story telling and performances, because this time, the story telling is also depicted in the performance, and I dont think its shown well in the CGI; this needs some polishing...or more experience.
Jun 12, 2023 3:27 AM
Sep 2021
Akine thanks to shizuka is now improving in violin and is now trying her best to catch up to aono and others.
Jun 12, 2023 10:07 AM
Apr 2023
Aono once said that Akine may be a beginner but her sense of sound and replicating it has always been exceptional and it helps her improve in multiples as she progresses.
Well now, that will be very helpful so she can improve as a member of an orchestra, thanks to Tachibana making her realize of this about her.
Jun 12, 2023 9:07 PM
Jul 2019
this arc is much more fun to watch than the last one, excited for what comes next
Jun 12, 2023 9:52 PM

Apr 2021
What a delight to see Akine and Tachibana make up

Jun 14, 2023 5:43 AM

Sep 2015
Tsundere X Tsundere interactions can be painful to watch sometimes, but this one was entertaining and wholesome.
Again I wanted to say that it's refreshing to watch such a slow-paced show these days, which is why I am loving Ao no Orchestra so far.
Jun 15, 2023 3:53 AM
Jan 2018
Hmm, looks like they can be friends after all!
Jun 19, 2023 12:06 PM
Mar 2015
It helps t know why people behave like they do
Oct 9, 2023 3:12 PM

Oct 2017
I really like how Akine can listen to others criticism, accept her weakness and work to improve on them. Sounds easy but it's really hard to do, respect to anyone capable of doing that. Btw the characters have started to look funny at times and funnily enough the cgi designs look more consistent.
Oct 22, 2023 6:53 AM
Aug 2021
Tachibana needs to hop off Akine's dick. Everyday violating for no reason😂.
Dec 1, 2023 9:20 PM

Dec 2022
I like Akine I just dont find it believable she's at the level she's at and striving for at that point. Also wish Aono was in the episode hes missed a few so far lol.
Feb 8, 10:10 PM
Dec 2022
the perfect musician!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao no Orchestra Episode 24 Discussion

KANLen09 - Oct 8, 2023

29 by LockardGamer »»
Mar 12, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Ao no Orchestra Episode 23 Discussion

KANLen09 - Oct 1, 2023

18 by Mr_Fudgee »»
Dec 29, 2023 1:28 AM

Poll: » Ao no Orchestra Episode 22 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 24, 2023

10 by Mr_Fudgee »»
Dec 24, 2023 8:55 PM

Poll: » Ao no Orchestra Episode 21 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 17, 2023

15 by Mr_Fudgee »»
Dec 22, 2023 8:38 PM

Poll: » Ao no Orchestra Episode 20 Discussion

otakuweek - Sep 10, 2023

13 by Mr_Fudgee »»
Dec 18, 2023 9:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.