Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 7, 2023 5:32 PM

Jan 2020
I had this question lingering in my mind a long time ago so I decided to ask about it here and now, four years have passed by and there's still no English dub coming for this anime.

Can someone tell me why?

Jun 7, 2023 5:48 PM
Jun 2021
RaiYou said:
I had this question lingering in my mind a long time ago so I decided to ask about it here and now, four years have passed by and there's still no English dub coming for this anime.

Can someone tell me why?

Its like Monogatari where I don’t think they want an english dub. The style of the show doesn’t fit English voices
Jun 7, 2023 6:10 PM
Aug 2022
it's so good it just doesn't need it
Jun 7, 2023 6:20 PM
Jan 2022
Same for Sakura-sou no pet na kanojo
Jun 7, 2023 6:21 PM
Jan 2022
i don't need that one
Jun 7, 2023 6:46 PM

Mar 2023
RaiYou said:

Can someone tell me why?

i always thought it had a dub but looking back i think what i watched was the sub which is weird since i was a dub only fan back then... i honestly dont remember but i didnt know a dub version was never made.
My Candys!

Jun 7, 2023 6:52 PM

Jan 2013
Sagepool said:
RaiYou said:

Can someone tell me why?

Its like Monogatari where I don’t think they want an english dub. The style of the show doesn’t fit English voices
Unlike Monogatari, I can't think of any reasons that the style of the show wouldn't work for English voices. 
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Jun 7, 2023 7:00 PM

Jul 2021
Reversign said:

that has a dub though unless I won't have watched it xd
Jun 7, 2023 7:28 PM
Mar 2021
yes please...
dub please...
dialogue goes so fast
fae's hitting pause n backing up non stop...
and fae can't find the movie...
cry...
fae needs...
Jun 7, 2023 8:07 PM

May 2020
Sagepool said:
RaiYou said:

Can someone tell me why?

this is no where near as complicated to translate as the monogatari series

Jun 7, 2023 10:23 PM

Feb 2021
Because.... Sub over dub?

Protect the smile!

Jun 7, 2023 10:28 PM

Feb 2021
Because Aniplex of America
Jun 7, 2023 10:28 PM
Feb 2022
RaiYou said:

Can someone tell me why?

idk why there is no dub but the sub is perfect so I'd rather there be no dub
Jun 7, 2023 11:01 PM
Aug 2022
Because of Aniplex of America.
they didn't gave anyone (studio) the Rights to Dub the anime
Jun 7, 2023 11:14 PM
Aug 2021
good question, probably some licensing issue or something
Jun 7, 2023 11:17 PM
Aug 2022
eng dub doesnt fit the show imo
Jun 7, 2023 11:33 PM
Mar 2021
it’s the way it’s written. too many little things just wouldn’t work well in translation so they didn’t even try.
Jun 8, 2023 12:08 AM
Nov 2022
breq_ said:
it's so good it just doesn't need it

Absolutely well said. Dub bunny girl senpai just seems weird
Jun 8, 2023 12:41 AM
Jun 2021
Homura24 said:
Sagepool said:

this is no where near as complicated to translate as the monogatari series

Its not as complicated for sure, but if I had to guess which we all are. I’d guess it didn’t get a dub for the same reasons as Monogatari
Jun 8, 2023 1:49 AM
Mar 2021
some anime just dont get it cuz it doesnt fit in
Jun 8, 2023 1:53 AM
Mar 2021
fae-nadine said:
yes please...
dub please...
dialogue goes so fast
cry...
fae needs...

when i was watching this one my english knowage was close to zero. still understood it well. i have no idea why peaople have problems with reading subs i always have time to read it and watch animation with no problem and even as a non-native english speaker.
Jun 8, 2023 2:34 AM
Mar 2021
vojtak_kun said:
fae-nadine said:
yes please...
dub please...
dialogue goes so fast
cry...
fae needs...

when i was watching this one my english knowage was close to zero. still understood it well. i have no idea why peaople have problems with reading subs i always have time to read it and watch animation with no problem and even as a non-native english speaker.

fae is not very fast

and she is frequently unable
to watch the show
and read the subtitles at the same time

fae is super happy
that you are able
to do this easily

have a lovely night ♡
Jun 8, 2023 2:54 AM
Nov 2021
There is a german dub, which is pretty decent, so it may be an licensing issue for the english version?
Jun 8, 2023 3:57 AM

Jul 2015
Nothing of value was lost.

Jun 8, 2023 10:28 AM
Jan 2021
Reversign said:

that has a dub (char limit)
Jun 8, 2023 10:47 AM
Aug 2021
Ricky16 said:

Then why is there a German version...
Jun 8, 2023 10:54 AM
Aug 2022
Gerri123 said:
Ricky16 said:

beats me. I don't know what they thought. I think they didn't thought this Anime will become Popular 😂 if my this statement is true then they made biggest mistake in their life.
Jun 8, 2023 11:01 AM
Aug 2021
Ricky16 said:
Gerri123 said:

beats me. I don't know what they thought. I think they didn't thought this Anime will become Popular 😂 if my this statement is true then they made biggest mistake in their life.

it is true, I watched it myself in german 😂

Although I have to say that the voice actors did a really good job. It is a really good dub. I have seen worse
Jun 8, 2023 11:08 AM
Aug 2022
Gerri123 said:
Ricky16 said:

it is true, I watched it myself in german 😂

Although I have to say that the voice actors did a really good job. It is a really good dub. I have seen worse

I haven't watched it in German & tbh I didn't want to. SUB is better
Jun 8, 2023 11:42 AM
Aug 2022
RaiYou said:

Can someone tell me why?

I’m not sure if this is the right answer. But my guess is that translating, localizing, and fitting it to the mouths would be hard since they use lots of bigger words.
Jun 9, 2023 12:53 PM
Jan 2022
Reversign said:

Well Sakurasou got a dub
Jun 10, 2023 5:17 AM
Jan 2022
Sara_Karma said:
Reversign said:

Well Sakurasou got a dub
Yeah mb. Mixing em up with nisekoi and stuff. Im watching sakura-sou rn. 
Jun 10, 2023 9:07 AM
Mar 2023
SkepticalTG said:
RaiYou said:

Can someone tell me why?

Hour does the existence of a dub negatively affect you in any way?
Jun 10, 2023 9:10 AM
Feb 2022
bahimiron said:
SkepticalTG said:

Hour does the existence of a dub negatively affect you in any way?

I just don't want the shows reputation to be ruined by a shitty eng dub because most shows are like that
Sep 15, 2023 5:33 PM
Jul 2017
Reply to SkepticalTG
RaiYou said:

Can someone tell me why?

@SkepticalTG the sub is perfect so anyone with a visual impairment or other issue that makes watching sub exceptionally difficult can go f themselves, right? Why make a great show accessible to everyone?
Sep 30, 2023 6:36 AM
Feb 2022
Reply to JohnACK3379
@SkepticalTG the sub is perfect so anyone with a visual impairment or other issue that makes watching sub exceptionally difficult can go f themselves, right? Why make a great show accessible to everyone?
@JohnACK3379 what is bro babbling about
Aug 8, 12:22 AM

Dec 2015
2018 was BEFORE the Crunchy/Funimation buyouts by SONY Japan and merger (who also created Aniplex years and years ago). so an OLDER title/season won't get precedence with Funi-Roll. ALL the movies have gotten an English dub as of Knapsack Kid and will CONTINUE to get them into the 'College Arc' which will happen next. as for the format for 'College Arc'... nobody knows if it'll be a TV series or Movie.

for an Aniplex of America example, Love is War was 'batch dubbed' by Funi-Roll AFTER it came out. so one huge bulk of episodes was released by Funi-Roll after the LiW movie. also, Irregular at Magic High School got a S1 BR release from Aniplex (subs only, i own that one) WELL before S2 ever came out with the Funi-Roll weekly episode release dub. THEN when the S2 dub showed the franchise was popular enough online, S1 was back-dubbed with the same cast and released as a WEEKLY episodic version.

i'm betting Funi-Roll has a backdub scheduled for BunnyGirl S1 sometime between the release of Knapsack Kid and the College Arc project FULL announcement for format/date etc.
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.
Aug 9, 12:19 AM
Aug 2023
Reply to KiliianSleipnir
2018 was BEFORE the Crunchy/Funimation buyouts by SONY Japan and merger (who also created Aniplex years and years ago). so an OLDER title/season won't get precedence with Funi-Roll. ALL the movies have gotten an English dub as of Knapsack Kid and will CONTINUE to get them into the 'College Arc' which will happen next. as for the format for 'College Arc'... nobody knows if it'll be a TV series or Movie.

for an Aniplex of America example, Love is War was 'batch dubbed' by Funi-Roll AFTER it came out. so one huge bulk of episodes was released by Funi-Roll after the LiW movie. also, Irregular at Magic High School got a S1 BR release from Aniplex (subs only, i own that one) WELL before S2 ever came out with the Funi-Roll weekly episode release dub. THEN when the S2 dub showed the franchise was popular enough online, S1 was back-dubbed with the same cast and released as a WEEKLY episodic version.

i'm betting Funi-Roll has a backdub scheduled for BunnyGirl S1 sometime between the release of Knapsack Kid and the College Arc project FULL announcement for format/date etc.
@KiliianSleipnir

It has been confirmed to be a TV series.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2024-08-02/rascal-does-not-dream-franchise-university-arc-anime-premieres-in-2025/.213889
https://myanimelist.net/anime/57433/Seishun_Buta_Yarou__Santa_Claus_no_Yume_wo_Minai
Aug 9, 12:34 AM

Dec 2015
@Silveredge7 yup, i got a notification on my smartphone hours ago via an article on GiantFreakingRobot about 'santa claus' ... :D i'm quite happy about the next TV season... but i do wish it was our Christmas Present THIS year instead of having to wait till next year. :(
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.
Aug 9, 1:05 AM

Dec 2015
Reply to SkepticalTG
@JohnACK3379 what is bro babbling about
@SkepticalTG i think 'bro' is sarcastically challenging your statement "idk why there is no dub but the sub is perfect so I'd rather there be no dub".

i know several folks with reading impairments (dyslexia) and learning disabilities who love dubbed anime and wished they could read better so they could also enjoy subs. so i totally DISAGREE with you Skep, dubbing anime helps it get out to MULTIPLE regions and nations world-wide. as well as folks who just have issues with reading subs. :) Crunchyroll these days dubs and subs multiple anime every Season in upwards of SEVEN different languages.

also, i don't think the sub is 'perfect' for this franchise either. it is just the original. nothing truly can be 'perfect' in any way... especially something like a piece of art or entertainment media. i feel that this Sub VS Dub 'war' really just needs to stop. it has been ongoing for over 3 DECADES now in my experience and neither side truly has a concrete platform to prop up its viewpoints. both forms of anime presentation are equally valid and should be appreciated.
Aug 9, 1:28 AM

Dec 2015
Reply to KawaiiWaz
RaiYou said:

Can someone tell me why?

I’m not sure if this is the right answer. But my guess is that translating, localizing, and fitting it to the mouths would be hard since they use lots of bigger words.
@KawaiiWaz sorry Waz... but the 'lip flaps' is the technical term you're reaching for "fitting it to the mouths" ... and nope, no dubbing company for the past 20 YEARS has worried about the lip flaps. they're edited inside the video masters by the dub companies to fit the timing of the English dub script.

THE TIMING OF THE LINES inside the audio masters is an issue though! but that is handled with the ADR Director, technical staff for the recording, multiple English script readings using the visuals for that episode alongside the Japanese audio with the English talents, and good ol fashioned 'elbow grease' with the editing computers' assistance later on.

all the masters these days both video and audio are digital information. including the SFX tracks for horn beeps, laser blasts, and explosions etc. they are simultaneously coded and verified and linked by one overall 'chart' inside the files that is accessible only via folks who have the specific program(s) and access codes. that 'combined data chart' is how ADR work is done nowadays digitally instead of cutting physical recording tape and connecting it back together again. or recording a whole new physical tape with the original vocal tracks purposefully omitted and the new language vocal tracks inserted into the new physical tape. the 'combined data chart' is also how the video editors at dub companies change the lip flaps to match the English vocal tracks and scripts.

say 'Fred' and 'Joe' are having a conversation in a scene. Joe notices a hot girl walking past their little hangout spot while Fred is fiddling with his smartphone. Joe elbows Fred in the ribs and whispers, 'Hey, hottie on the way! Look up man!' the camera cuts to the hot girl walking hotly towards and past the two guys. their heads turn slowly following her.

now... if the timing of the English lines is mis-edited with the on-screen cues... Joe could be saying his line during the camera cut TO the girl walking PAST the two guys... just a few seconds worth of a 'bad pause'... and the line misses ALL of its impact on that scene.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2018

532 by Freuks »»
Yesterday, 5:50 PM

» Does anyone know the dub release date and dvd release for west for the movie

SorryNT - Oct 16

2 by half3D »»
Oct 16, 7:13 PM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2018

195 by discriminator999 »»
Oct 14, 11:25 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2018

197 by discriminator999 »»
Oct 9, 2:17 PM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2018

144 by discriminator999 »»
Oct 8, 12:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.