Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 6, 2023 12:21 PM

Jul 2017
The Marginal Service getting their access blocked from investigating Rubber Suit, and Zeno is not happy about this as there is definitely something fishy going on. With the few leads that they have, the group must act discreetly, and while Zeno is still distraught from inhaling Rubber's gas, his target is Theodore. With the Service tailing him wherever he goes, Theodore's definitely suspicious, leading the group astray while abducting the normal people.

With Zeno the only sane person out of the group, there's only one conclusion: Theodore being a Borderlander to hide Rubber Suit, and a blood test to confirm this, everyone seems normal. But Zeno would go to lengths to prove that Brian and the others before him are Borderlanders, which he can't prove, experiment after experiment with food or chemicals. Having enough of his games, everyone abducts him...to the tune of his birthday party.

Oh well, consider this a one-off for Zeno, and a symbol has him all terrified.
Jun 6, 2023 3:31 PM

Jan 2021
... I want to have hope in this series but this episode was a waste of time.
Jun 6, 2023 7:25 PM

Sep 2021
I can't believe everything was for a birthday party!

But this was probably my favorite episode so far, with a lot of focus on the characters!
Anyone else ship the buddy duos? Lyra kissed Cyrus, Brian gave Zeno an indirect kiss (plus their entire love-hate relationship) and Bolts did a...romantic weightlifting competition with Robin. I know it will never go anywhere and it's probably not even intended, but I still enjoy it!

For next episode, it seems like The Marginal Service will have to deal with an actual abduction, probably kicking off the final arc, featuring Zeno's past. I'm looking forward to it!
Jun 6, 2023 10:31 PM
Oct 2019
Honestly the the show has been a drag but imo this episode was the most engaging one so far
Jun 7, 2023 11:55 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So the whole thing was a misunderstanding and the Marginal Service wanted to throw Zeno a surprise birthday party. Zeno's paranoia is out of control and the next episode will focus on Zeno's past.
Jun 13, 2023 11:43 AM

Jun 2015
Loved it. I like how the run down with a side story of a party, but at the same time intertwined with an actual party until rest of crew decided to have enough and bring him in. Damn, Zeonos must of had it wild to not trust his crew like that. Now however, with some clever dialogue and visuals, I feel it safe to say its kicking off time for the Marginal Service!! Lets hunt some real bad guys
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jul 11, 2023 7:53 AM

Jan 2017
Can't believe I was on Zeno's side during the whole blood test scene, what a tense atmosphere but it was all a birthday party bait
Dec 4, 2023 5:25 AM

Dec 2022
Bro needs his meds... They put him through an existential crisis for a surprise party lmao.

More topics from this board

Poll: » The Marginal Service Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jun 27, 2023

23 by Destroyer31 »»
Dec 11, 2023 11:52 PM

Poll: » The Marginal Service Episode 11 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jun 20, 2023

6 by katakumplat »»
Dec 9, 2023 3:00 AM

Poll: » The Marginal Service Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jun 14, 2023

6 by katakumplat »»
Dec 5, 2023 1:37 AM

Poll: » The Marginal Service Episode 8 Discussion

AddaeAkono - May 30, 2023

8 by katakumplat »»
Dec 3, 2023 3:33 AM

Poll: » The Marginal Service Episode 7 Discussion

KANLen09 - May 23, 2023

8 by katakumplat »»
Nov 27, 2023 5:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.