Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 31, 2022 1:18 PM
Jan 2021
Saw the film tonight and really enjoyed it, unsure how its not been talked about much since the characters were charming and memorable and definitely something up my street!
Mar 31, 2022 4:19 PM
busy week =_+

Dec 2014
Because something you like ≠ people being interested in it?
The art style is probably what carries the show. It has kinda(?) good message but without the art style it's mediocre at best, it certainly isn't a show that wows people into recommending others to watch.

CURRENT: semi-hiatus (busy)

Mar 31, 2022 4:47 PM
Jul 2021
honestly i loved the movie, and the fact that it ended exactly on 90 minutes was sjust the perfect cherry on top
Mar 31, 2022 6:13 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Never heard of it to be honest. Where can I watch it in Australia? Crunchyroll / Netflix?
Apr 2, 2022 9:50 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
not based on a popular manga, and/or not adapted by a popular staff/studio, and/or its not a subject a lot of people in the community are interested to watch
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Apr 30, 2022 11:21 AM
Jan 2017
I never heard of this until GKIDS licensed the movie. Thanks to them I was able to watch this limited run in theaters & I enjoyed it.
May 10, 2022 5:59 AM

Feb 2014
AOD-MAL said:
Never heard of it to be honest. Where can I watch it in Australia? Crunchyroll / Netflix?

In selected Australian cinemas from 19th of May for a limited time.
Jun 8, 2022 6:03 AM
busy week =_+

Dec 2014
Priyadarshi said:
Yumerei said:
Because something you like ≠ people being interested in it?
The art style is probably what carries the show. It has kinda(?) good message but without the art style it's mediocre at best, it certainly isn't a show that wows people into recommending others to watch.

I think it would be more reasonable to say that it didn't have proper advertising or good studio name going for it for it's lack of popularity , i was very lucky to stumble across this film by chance . But truth be told your taste is mediocre, not the movie even if were to judge it on factors that exclude it's animation

Alright, smart one. Don't get butthurt just because someone dislikes something you like. Looking at your list, you aren't qualified to even judge me by my taste. Lol.

Jun 11, 2022 2:25 AM
busy week =_+

Dec 2014
Priyadarshi said:
Yumerei said:

Alright, smart one. Don't get butthurt just because someone dislikes something you like. Looking at your list, you aren't qualified to even judge me by my taste. Lol.

Well more no of days watching does not equal better taste . And what is this rubbish taste you take so much pride in . Spy X family peraphs . A spy dealing with family issues for World peace . Oraganised an entire event at a big castle to please his daughter and greatest spies in the country who never suspected a thing and also put the entire organization in danger as a result , never suspected his wife for her raw strength despite being so intelligent like seriously how much bullshit can you take . What else one piece something even 10 yr old piss on , repetetive story but i guess things like that are the only things that lie in the range of what your low IQ brain can comprehend . Natsume and Gintama are great but then again about the only things you can comprehend . Kakegurui , girls getting horny over games that are so poorly written that makes you wanna puke all the time and the school is run by gamblers how logical is that . Bsd , main character is a super cool guy who wants to sucide , has no will to live but become a pro at giving advice to people who are struggling with their lives . Very disrespectful as adapted from a real person for cheap and cringe sarcasam and the rest of the cast is cringe as fuck . Rest of your rating are just as rubbish. You called me smart one but let me tell you are the real smart one here . Let me tell you why Since you can't understand most of what you consume you rate them extremely low so you get to be the cool one amongst your group that is if you have one or on the internet but in reality you just live under a rock and how can someone who live under a rock can relate to anything ? I hope you got the attention you're looking for miss

Tbh, I'm not sure why you need to write a 300 word essay just to come to the conclusion that people have different taste.

Jun 11, 2022 7:05 AM
busy week =_+

Dec 2014
Priyadarshi said:
Yumerei said:

Tbh, I'm not sure why you need to write a 300 word essay just to come to the conclusion that people have different taste.

Because you're dumb peraphs

It would have made much more sense if you had known how to read or type, perhaps

Jul 10, 2022 6:07 PM
Jul 2008
Because the length is above 90 minutes and like Pompo said, long movies are insult to modern society lol.

I think because there's almost no advertising? I only came across this movie by chance. The story is decent and there's nothing to talk about the movie too.
Mar 17, 2023 2:51 AM

Aug 2018
lol bozo, your taste is objectively garbage. criticize accessibility and advertisement for it not being popular, but the animation was good. its not the same recycled isekai shit. it had a different style while still keeping the pretty characters pretty. ur apparent definition of good animation seems to be that everyone needs to be rias gremory and vanitas. well this ain't it. but this was good animation the same way keep your hands of eizouken was good animation.
L
Mar 17, 2023 3:16 AM

Jan 2013
ah_rin said:
lol bozo, your taste is objectively garbage. criticize accessibility and advertisement for it not being popular, but the animation was good. its not the same recycled isekai shit. it had a different style while still keeping the pretty characters pretty. ur apparent definition of good animation seems to be that everyone needs to be rias gremory and vanitas. well this ain't it. but this was good animation the same way keep your hands of eizouken was good animation.
L
Why did you bump a 6 month old post to trash talk the OP who said they really enjoyed the movie...?
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Mar 17, 2023 8:10 AM

Aug 2018
i meant to trash talk yumerei for his obnoxiously confident L take

edit: whys the quote not working? i hit quote to reply to you too.
May 13, 2023 2:08 AM
Aug 2021
i just watched it last night i loved it so much people need to be made aware of it
Jul 20, 2023 1:13 PM

Nov 2011
Releasing during Covid didn't help
Jul 24, 2023 1:45 AM

Feb 2021
Iirc this was an independent release, and the release date coincides with the COVID epidemic.

It's really a shame - Pompo is one of the better anime movies I've seen and after a rewatch, my rating went from 6.5 to 8.5.
Oct 8, 2023 7:57 AM

Sep 2016
It's not popular because it lacks 2 of the most overused themes that popular movies tend to have: love & death
... and that's precisely why I find it recommendable
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.

More topics from this board

» 1hr 30min movie length

mshfqtny - May 2

8 by onespankman »»
May 3, 1:22 AM

Poll: » Eiga Daisuki Pompo-san Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Feorg - Dec 27, 2021

54 by Jack-Kai-Lantern »»
Mar 27, 8:40 AM

» What yee yee ass dance was Natalie doing?

iamthinking - Feb 5

3 by mhkr »»
Feb 5, 3:38 AM

» A Missed Opportunity for Gene's Character Development

IHateThis69 - Apr 30, 2022

3 by Gbpabloa »»
Aug 10, 2022 11:03 PM

» Canada: Is the SUB not premiering here?

zz0 - Apr 24, 2022

1 by zz0 »»
Apr 26, 2022 5:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.