Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 17, 2022 9:55 AM
Oct 2017
WHY IS NO ONE TALKING HOW HARD THIS WENT HOLY SHIT.
THAT 1 MIN OF FULL UNCUT SAKUGA MUSTVE TOOK AN INSANE AMOUNT OF EFFORT AND TIMING
YUTAKA NAKAMURA. PERIOD
beautiful raw simplified scenes with no excessive filters and composition
THE FULL USE OF THE 3D BRIDGE AS NOT JUST A BACKGROUND BUT IS PART OF THE ENTIRE CHOREOGRAPHY OF THE FIGHT!!
The villains didn't have to prolong the fight with dialogue and are actual villains trying to kill them as soon as possible.
The smokes, the effects , the beautiful debris all hand drawn frame by frame with no loss of quality.
Horikoshi's Character Designs GODDAMN (salaam tho XD)
and I haven't even talked about Yuki Hayashi's Soundtracks AND THE OTHER YUKI HAYASHI THE ANIMATOR

Maybe I could've worded these comments properly but I really couldn't help myself. I'm really biased as an animation fan to put this movie as the best thing I've ever watched. The idea that there were 100+ artists and staffs involved in this movie, fluorishing with talent and the best of the industry to put out the most unique and insane animated fights you would not normally get with weekly tv series is just something I have to appreciate and be amazed by it. It is what made me love anime so much, everything moves and direction and skill is in the palm of an animator.

And I gotta give credit to whoever is at Bones who had the capacity to maintain 6 seasons and 3 movies!! with this much quality (AND THEY'RE STILL RELEASING MOB AND BUNGOU STRAY DOGS). And it just looks so goddamn good aaaaaaaaaaaah.

And before someone points it out, of course there are some negatives to this film (loosely canon, not in depth with the antagonist, plot conveniences,etc). I'm sure someone (or perhaps almost everyone at this point) will talk about it in every shape and form of every negative thing they can find. But I have not seen anything that has praised this movie to the extent of what i experienced watching it. It was hype, it went hard, and i may have experienced what euphoria actually is.

tldr; yeh this movie's pretty good 10/10

imma cringe about this post tomorrow but goddamn i love anime
Feb 17, 2022 10:04 AM

Jan 2021
If we are only going to talk about animation then yes it was pretty good. Not peak animation/sakuga though because there are far better animated anime movie and weekly TV series as well.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Feb 17, 2022 10:10 AM
Aug 2020
I mean it is a movie production so it’s no doubt it’ll look good.
Feb 17, 2022 10:17 AM

Feb 2020
I have not seen it. But lot of people were saying that this was a downgrade from 2nd movie in terms of animation. Though it may be due to them being baised because of hate over s5 going lackluster. But then again I cant be sure that u are being true either. I guess went it finally comes out outside of japan I will find out.
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Feb 17, 2022 10:20 AM
Oct 2021
I liked the 2nd movie better overall.
Feb 17, 2022 12:35 PM
Feb 2021
This movie was awful and the animation must have had a budget of 5 dollars
Feb 17, 2022 2:07 PM

Aug 2020
Sujal234 said:
I liked the 2nd movie better overall.

Same, the final fight here was a disappointment and I just felt there wasn’t much action. It’s also disappointing when you consider that Josee the tiger and the fish came out the same year and was also made by bones but Josee is far better in terms of animation even though it’s only a romance. I still like the movie but 2 was non stop action after the first 30 mins.
Please stop, I don’t want to see any more DekugošŸ˜­
Feb 17, 2022 4:52 PM
Oct 2017
Ofcool2947 said:
I mean it is a movie production so it’s no doubt it’ll look good.

There is, anyone seen Seven Deadly Sins: Cursed by Light? everyone expects animated movies should look good because they're movies but noone really seen the amount of poorly animated movies.
Feb 17, 2022 5:03 PM

Aug 2015
yeah tbh, the 2nd movies animation was so much better.. this one was poorly done, i almost laughed haflway through lmao.
Feb 17, 2022 6:39 PM
Jan 2021
with this movie it was clear that animation came before plot.
Feb 17, 2022 6:40 PM

Sep 2020
the only reason why i actually want to quit mal even sooner

Feb 17, 2022 11:45 PM

Jan 2020
I don't know about that when the heavens feel trilogy exists

Feb 17, 2022 11:47 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Movie was good! I enjoyed it. But I did prefer the first two, and I LOVED the first.

Animation was fantastic in all three.
Feb 18, 2022 12:25 AM

Jul 2021
I watched it in theaters and when
me and my friend were literally screaming in the theater. This was a 10/10 movie.
Feb 18, 2022 1:52 AM
Oct 2017
ManWild said:
I don't know about that when the heavens feel trilogy exists

OH THAT ONES GREAT TOO!
while I personally dont like the composition work, the genga/drawings for the fightscenes speak for themselves and while that is great as their own. the 3 fights of deku, shoto, and bakugou just speaks volumes for me.
Feb 19, 2022 7:54 AM

May 2019
Plopop said:
WHY IS NO ONE TALKING HOW HARD THIS WENT HOLY SHIT.
THAT 1 MIN OF FULL UNCUT SAKUGA MUSTVE TOOK AN INSANE AMOUNT OF EFFORT AND TIMING
YUTAKA NAKAMURA. PERIOD
beautiful raw simplified scenes with no excessive filters and composition
THE FULL USE OF THE 3D BRIDGE AS NOT JUST A BACKGROUND BUT IS PART OF THE ENTIRE CHOREOGRAPHY OF THE FIGHT!!
The villains didn't have to prolong the fight with dialogue and are actual villains trying to kill them as soon as possible.
The smokes, the effects , the beautiful debris all hand drawn frame by frame with no loss of quality.
Horikoshi's Character Designs GODDAMN (salaam tho XD)
and I haven't even talked about Yuki Hayashi's Soundtracks AND THE OTHER YUKI HAYASHI THE ANIMATOR

Maybe I could've worded these comments properly but I really couldn't help myself. I'm really biased as an animation fan to put this movie as the best thing I've ever watched. The idea that there were 100+ artists and staffs involved in this movie, fluorishing with talent and the best of the industry to put out the most unique and insane animated fights you would not normally get with weekly tv series is just something I have to appreciate and be amazed by it. It is what made me love anime so much, everything moves and direction and skill is in the palm of an animator.

And I gotta give credit to whoever is at Bones who had the capacity to maintain 6 seasons and 3 movies!! with this much quality (AND THEY'RE STILL RELEASING MOB AND BUNGOU STRAY DOGS). And it just looks so goddamn good aaaaaaaaaaaah.

And before someone points it out, of course there are some negatives to this film (loosely canon, not in depth with the antagonist, plot conveniences,etc). I'm sure someone (or perhaps almost everyone at this point) will talk about it in every shape and form of every negative thing they can find. But I have not seen anything that has praised this movie to the extent of what i experienced watching it. It was hype, it went hard, and i may have experienced what euphoria actually is.

tldr; yeh this movie's pretty good 10/10

imma cringe about this post tomorrow but goddamn i love anime

yeah solid movie i really enjoyed it, felt a lot more inspired by other superhero movies which was quite cool, and rody was a lot more interesting than the average 'shows up for one movie' character
honorary member of ninomiya squad
Feb 20, 2022 3:46 AM

Jul 2019
This is one of the best animation sequences i've ever seen, no cap.

https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/180104

People who say this movie has bad animation don't know what they are talking about
Fax001sFeb 20, 2022 3:53 AM
Aug 27, 2022 2:11 AM

May 2020
movie 2 had arguable the REAL peak sakuga, so i dont think so.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia the Movie 3: World Heroes' Mission Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Usopp8000 - Aug 7, 2021

124 by marquinti2 »»
May 13, 3:25 PM

» Rank the three MHA movies, from your favourite to least favourite

eclipsesonic - Nov 11, 2021

21 by APolygons2 »»
Mar 29, 10:31 PM

» Justice for Rody

Korukewi - Oct 31, 2021

11 by JVskunkape »»
May 20, 2023 5:15 PM

» so... about deku's one for all usage...

psyche-K - Apr 11, 2023

16 by J_Vaso »»
Apr 20, 2023 10:25 AM

» The longest 5 mins ever

mechian - Oct 31, 2021

10 by CickNipolla »»
Aug 27, 2022 2:14 AM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.