Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 24, 2021 8:28 PM
Jan 2021
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Once again Funimation is late on the upload, it seems last episode was updated early morning Friday last week (US timezones) since it was up when I woke up. I guess I'll nap until Bad Batch releases on Disney Plus in 3.5 hours and then also fit in LINK CLICK if it is uploaded by then.

Edit: Episode is up as of 12:28 Eastern Time.

Mod Edit: Modified title for clarity and/or easier searching.
anime-primeJul 14, 2021 5:28 AM
Jun 24, 2021 10:46 PM
Nov 2020
So many flashbacks in this episode. To be fair, though, using flashbacks is kind of a dilemma: without them, the plot would appear confusing to most of the audience save for the bright and attentive ones, and with them, they can be in-your-face.

I was surprised that Qiao Ling didn't know what the main pair was doing, but it's true that this fact has been briefly mentioned before in a previous episode.

It looks like the last two episodes will mostly focus on finding and apprehending the antagonist. There might be deeper meaning or more twists later on, which might include further depictions of Cheng Xiaoshi's mental state, something that dramatically changes the angle from which we should view the story, or even some philosophy that would preferably connect the quotes on the opening titles.
ilalocheziaJun 24, 2021 11:00 PM
Jun 25, 2021 12:52 AM
Apr 2021
MY HEART'S BEATING LIKE CRAZY I DID NOT EXPECT IT TO TURN OUT LIKE THIS
Jun 25, 2021 1:51 AM

Jan 2021
and the plot thickens. This was a good episode but the wait for the next one will be tough haha

That footage of Emma at a bridge alone was pretty odd. Was that footage from after the time that she was supposed to be dead? In that case, maybe Cheng Xiaoshi's interruption gave her a chance to regain consciousness and escape? Although that wouldn't explain why she's still missing once he returned to the present. I'm also really curious what's up with this serial killer. Why is he pretending to be Liu Min (I think that's his name idk)? Maybe he's doing it as a way to get revenge?
"π“Œπ‘’'𝓇𝑒 π’Έπ‘œπ“‹π‘’π“‡π‘’π’Ή π’·π“Ž 𝓉𝒽𝑒 π“‚π‘œπ“‡π“ƒπ’Ύπ“ƒπ‘”, 𝒸𝓁𝑒𝒢𝓇𝑒𝓇 𝓉𝒽𝒢𝓃 𝓁𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉"
Jun 25, 2021 2:12 AM

Jan 2021
What an episode, now I don't know what is changed and what is not. I just hope to know what really happened

Is there going to be an episode where they don't leave us with a cliffhanger? πŸ˜‚
Jun 25, 2021 3:05 AM
Apr 2021
okay let;s sum up how bad Xiaoshi ooffed up everything

- he texted Emma's parents making her want to go home which she probably didn't do in the original timeline, and because of this she got kidnapped.

- he's responsible for Doudou being kidnapped for 3 years

- and finally back to Emma, he changed her fate again, probably letting her run away somehow because if he hadn't shouted or hadn't even been in the car in the first place Liu Ming wouldn't have gotten out of this car.

my guess is that Emma's death will turn out to be a suicide after all. firstly, i was supposed to be suicide, then Xiaoshi's actions changed it to a murder, then he changed it again to suicide.

man, I feel so bad for Cheng Xiaoshi, my poor baby

I also have another theory. Since we know Liu Ming's motives for kidnapping Emma, it's possible that he either isn't the person they're looking for OR he really is te serial killer. Hear me out.
Liu Ming somehow found out why the company data leaked and that is was because of the main characters. He killed all these people hoping they would find him and he would make them pay back for what they did. For this to happen he would have to have time travel abilities.

I wish we could get a second season this show is too good to end so quickly
ron_ron_Jun 25, 2021 3:09 AM
Jun 25, 2021 6:30 AM
May 2021
Woah the episode was good. I think when Lu Guang talks with the officers I feel that Liu Min gets into a car accident and Emma gets out or time is changed and Emma escapes from that guy. Now I think maybe there’s someone else ( the murderer ) who actually finds Emma walking down the abandoned bridge and kills her.
Jun 25, 2021 7:11 AM
Oct 2016
pizzaphantom said:
ManyLovelythings said:
Hi, where did you watch the episode ?

you can watch in on olevod it's a chinese site. just copy and paste chinese title there
it's with english subtitles of course

THANK YOU FOR THE SITE I'd be dead waiting.
This episode was truly heavy, I feel emotionally exhausted and I'm just a viewer! I cannot fanthom what will happen in the next episode but can we all discuss that Cheng Xiaoshi all this time could enter a picture by himself and in the past episodes we have been watching them combining their powers, or that we actually saw how Lu Guang sees through the pictures and can turn around and see stuff instead of it playing like a movie?
Also about Cheng Xiaoshis mental health, after realising how much his innocent actions affected the timeline? I feel sorry for him to have such a mental breakdown, one more second and he would be seen by the killer. Also it pained me when he reached for Lu Guang only to realize that he really, is alone since he didn't wait. CONCLUDING: ENDLESS PAIN
Jun 25, 2021 7:59 AM

Dec 2020
my heart was literally on a rollercoaster the entire episode !!

love the ost; not sure how to describe it, but it's very modern-time and fits the setting of the show perfectly.

the comparison of cheng xiaoshi following his heart and being conflicted with all his emotions in the moment VS lu guang's calm collectiveness analyzing a situation and preparing beforehand is so drastically different. they work so well together because they compliment eachothers weaknesses, but if they work alone then its not going to go well (SPECIFICALLY CHENG XIAOSHI FOLLOWING HIS GUT AND BEING CAUGHT UP IN THE MOMENT THIS MAN DOES NOT THINK AHEAD AT ALL! ITS DRIVING ME INSANE)

i for real got shivers at the end of the episode.. did cheng xiaoshi change events of time again !? or is blondie (liu meng? i think) not the actual murderer !? next week cant come any slower!!

this would have been such a good show to binge consdering all the connections the new episodes make with the previous ones, wow... im so in love with this donghua!
Jun 25, 2021 9:34 AM

Jan 2013
Cheng Xiaoshi, stop messing with the timeline (again)! At least Cheng is now more aware of the consequences of his actions...
It is hard to confidently tell if Cheng's action's actually changed anything. So either the present changed again so that Liu Min was hospitalized at 1 AM of the night of Emma's murder, or perhaps that was always the case. I can't tell if the show is trying to tell us Liu Min is the murderer, or not... Like it seems that he definitely is, but now there's less evidence against him and we don't know who the phone caller is...

I do like how Cheng took the initiative and found out and learned about the enitre situation. Wonder how Emma managed to leave that car.

So Qiao Ling really didn't know how their powers worked either.

"Cheng was the one who distracted Qiao Ling from seeing who kidnapped Dou Dou"
FALSE.... or?
This is weird. When Qiao Ling told Cheng that she was distracted, this was before Cheng went back to the past. So she should have been distracted without Cheng's interference. HOWEVER, the flashback when Qiao Ling mentioned of her distraction, it showed her friend waving to (probably) Cheng. BUT this was before Cheng went back in time. So perhaps originally Qiao's friend was waving to someone else.

So I'm thinking, either way, Qiao Ling wouldn't have noticed Dou Dou's kidnapper with or without Cheng's interference, so it's not his fault. OR the show isn't following its own rules and it is definitely Cheng's fault. I personally thing Qiao Ling would have been distracted no matter what.
Jun 25, 2021 9:58 AM
Oct 2016
ChaosK9 said:
Cheng Xiaoshi, stop messing with the timeline (again)! At least Cheng is now more aware of the consequences of his actions...
It is hard to confidently tell if Cheng's action's actually changed anything. So either the present changed again so that Liu Min was hospitalized at 1 AM of the night of Emma's murder, or perhaps that was always the case. I can't tell if the show is trying to tell us Liu Min is the murderer, or not... Like it seems that he definitely is, but now there's less evidence against him and we don't know who the phone caller is...

I do like how Cheng took the initiative and found out and learned about the enitre situation. Wonder how Emma managed to leave that car.

FALSE.... or?
This is weird. When Qiao Ling told Cheng that she was distracted, this was before Cheng went back to the past. So she should have been distracted without Cheng's interference. HOWEVER, the flashback when Qiao Ling mentioned of her distraction, it showed her friend waving to (probably) Cheng. BUT this was before Cheng went back in time. So perhaps originally Qiao's friend was waving to someone else.

So I'm thinking, either way, Qiao Ling wouldn't have noticed Dou Dou's kidnapper with or without Cheng's interference, so it's not his fault. OR the show isn't following its own rules and it is definitely Cheng's fault. I personally thing Qiao Ling would have been distracted no matter what.

I was curious about the doudou thing as well, first of all the creepy hand vibes were definitely a sign of their "new friend" approaching. And yes! Even before Cheng Xiaoshi went back in time, she was still distracted. Even though her memory was altered and now she was distracted by Cheng Xiaoshi, back then someone else did the trick, or she simply just passed it. Either way, wd do have an antagonist somewhere out there and i believe that we haven't seen his real Face yet but we have seen people possesed by him. Thats just a theory but you know!
Jun 25, 2021 10:29 AM

Feb 2021
the fRICKK why does the ending always have to give me chills ?! i think emma was either forced or it was by choice to walk down the abandoned bridge (wait so does she jump off or whatnot?)

bruh tbh is the guy a lookalike or he does some kinda trick idk which
Jun 25, 2021 12:09 PM

Mar 2008
Forget the Uyghurs (that are not being "genocided" after all... seriously, it's the 21th century, there's no excuse anymore to fall for washington propaganda to justify imperial wars), this imbecile chinese boy let Emma (Whu Lihua) die! Now this is a reason for war!

Is so good when a series makes you this much excited while watching it's episodes!
Link Click is always finding new ways to surprise us, amazing.

Now, I had commented this during episode 7:

PaninaManina said:

For example, Xiaoshi went into the photo, to the past, and was seen by Xiao. When they went back to the present was like this didn't had happened in their current present. Xiao mentions that he was outside the country making an explanation impossible, her friend even phoned him to make sure he didn't had got back to the country. Xiaoshi appearance should had left a big impression on that moments diminishing greatly the memory of Doudou getting kidnapped. The chances of Xiao forgetting the incident and feeling no regret are strong, and she could very well blame her failure to act on Xiaoshi.
When she talked and asked forgiveness to the father was like this didn't had happened, nothing had changed, but then letter the story tells you that the past in fact changed, Xiaoshi was even catch by the cameras allowing the detective to discover their powers.
This is a plot hole.

Wasn't a plot hole after all!
What was important for Qiao was only that she left the opportunity to act slip, the reason was irrelevant and she couldn't put the blame of others (on Xiaoshi). Now that it's relevant to remember that Xiaoshi was there it was done.

The whole Emma situation.
When Liu Min appeared on the wheelchair my mind was blown with the implications. Maybe Xiaoshi had succeed in saving Emma but at the cost of Liu's walking and there was a real possibility that he was innocent, having suffering the car accident while running in distress from Xiaoshi. But no, he was really there to kill Emma... but like I already said, Link Click is always finding now ways to surprise us, episode by episode, scene by scene. At every moment a new little surprise and conflicted feelings.
Liu wasn't a serial killer, he probably never killed anyone but was going crazy with all the online harassment. When a company that relate to him was caught on that hit job he snap. I still need to think how he knew it was Emma who leaked the information, or was it only by inferring that she could be the only one to leak the fraudulent information? Anyway, he went after her because of the job Lu and Xiaoshi did, but... was Emma destined to die anyone? Even if randomly by overwork? Lu seems to believe that there are limitations to how much they can change the past, was Emma's death one of those limitations? Was she destined to die around those days? Because first Emma only died by Liu's hands because of the message Xiaoshi sent on her phone, and now she died because he interrupted Liu from killing her.

And there's still this mysterious person who send that messaged in the beginning...

Oh, yes, the execution is as good as the plot.
That scene with Xiaoshi agonizing inside the trunk and editing with his memories and what was happening inside the car... just look at this, it's "pottery".
Jun 25, 2021 12:21 PM

Mar 2008
boredombutterfly said:

That footage of Emma at a bridge alone was pretty odd. Was that footage from after the time that she was supposed to be dead? In that case, maybe Cheng Xiaoshi's interruption gave her a chance to regain consciousness and escape? Although that wouldn't explain why she's still missing once he returned to the present. I'm also really curious what's up with this serial killer. Why is he pretending to be Liu Min (I think that's his name idk)? Maybe he's doing it as a way to get revenge?

If you rewatch the first episode you'll hear the news saying she was found by the river.
The photo of her body shows her on the ground that fits a river side.
First we could assume that she was killed somewhere else and latter her body dumped there to pretend it was as suicide, but with what we watched in this episode looks like Xiaoshi unintentional interruption only saved her temporarily. She wanted around alone for a while until reaching the river where... was she killed? Or did she killed herself? Maybe the second option, she was already very mentally frail, maybe that murder attempt made her give up and she let herself fall in the river.

pizzaphantom said:

my guess is that Emma's death will turn out to be a suicide after all. firstly, i was supposed to be suicide, then Xiaoshi's actions changed it to a murder, then he changed it again to suicide.

This is the probably answer, that's how she was destined to die.
Jun 25, 2021 3:31 PM

Apr 2018
HelerWz said:
ChaosK9 said:

FALSE.... or?

I was curious about the doudou thing as well, first of all the creepy hand vibes were definitely a sign of their "new friend" approaching. And yes! Even before Cheng Xiaoshi went back in time, she was still distracted. Even though her memory was altered and now she was distracted by Cheng Xiaoshi, back then someone else did the trick, or she simply just passed it. Either way, wd do have an antagonist somewhere out there and i believe that we haven't seen his real Face yet but we have seen people possesed by him. Thats just a theory but you know!

I'm thinking this is probably a case of cheng xiaoshi being an unreliable narrator and blaming himself for everything that could've possibly gone wrong because of him.
Him saying that does come right after he finds out how badly he really fucked up and how dire the consequences of his actions were, so it's no wonder he'd be racked with guilt and taking the blame for everything bad that has happened, whether it's actually his fault or not.
Jun 25, 2021 5:18 PM
Sep 2017
I was gripping my couch as if I was gonna fall off of it at any time the whole episode!
Jun 25, 2021 6:52 PM
May 2021
Damn, they ended at the best part! The timeline changed, but Cheng Xiaoshi didn't do anything. I can't believe it. The pacing is good, and this episode was full of surprises.

- The homicide victims imply Liu Min is the culprit, but Liu in a wheelchair; another question to be answered in the next
episode.
- Cheng Xiaoshi admits his mistakes, and I'm left feeling sorry for him.
- Cheng Xiaoshi enters the photo by himself.
- Qian Ling just learned the truth about Lu Guang and Cheng Xiaoshi.
- Liu Min is related to the company and killed Emma because of what transpired in episode one.
- Emma cause of death changes

I can't handle these cliffhangers. The OST and ending are so perfect after watching something so tense, but please save Emma too.
Jun 25, 2021 7:18 PM

Mar 2008
I was totally revolted, going absolutely mad while watching not believing that Xiaoshi would hid there and hear Emma being killed but I have to praise this in the end. That he was able to hold himself and not interfere was narratively good, it proves that what happened before have consequences and continuity.

elany said:

I'm thinking this is probably a case of cheng xiaoshi being an unreliable narrator and blaming himself for everything that could've possibly gone wrong because of him.
Him saying that does come right after he finds out how badly he really fucked up and how dire the consequences of his actions were, so it's no wonder he'd be racked with guilt and taking the blame for everything bad that has happened, whether it's actually his fault or not.

This is a nice angle to keep in mind.
Jun 25, 2021 9:49 PM

Dec 2020
wait qiao li didnt know about their powers?? huh .? but what the fuckkk was that ending, im guessing criminal guy can also time travel but emma walking by herself on the bridge..? can he brainwash too wtf
Jun 25, 2021 11:27 PM
Mar 2021
lizzziziz said:
wait qiao li didnt know about their powers?? huh .? but what the fuckkk was that ending, im guessing criminal guy can also time travel but emma walking by herself on the bridge..? can he brainwash too wtf

I'm guessing the antagonist possessed the victims themselves but not until death or even any feeling of suffering comes. Like for the case of Emma he might have jumped off the bridge and then exited before she hit water. That's why all his victims look like suicide.
Jun 26, 2021 1:02 AM

Dec 2020
qwqpwp said:
I'm guessing the antagonist possessed the victims themselves but not until death or even any feeling of suffering comes. Like for the case of Emma he might have jumped off the bridge and then exited before she hit water. That's why all his victims look like suicide.
something like cheng xiaoshi's power ? ooo thats actually a rly good theory :OO
Jun 26, 2021 1:21 AM
Apr 2021
pizzaphantom said:
I also have another theory. Since we know Liu Ming's motives for kidnapping Emma, it's possible that he either isn't the person they're looking for OR he really is te serial killer. Hear me out.
Liu Ming somehow found out why the company data leaked and that is was because of the main characters. He killed all these people hoping they would find him and he would make them pay back for what they did. For this to happen he would have to have time travel abilities.

I feel like this show has been really grounded so far. That level of coincidental storytelling doesn't really fit with the way the show has been telling its story, so I guess we'll have to wait and see what the truth really is
Jun 26, 2021 3:33 AM

Apr 2018
Hmm i slept on it and i have a feeling that liu min is a red herring or at the very least that Emma's murder was an outlier. His motivations for killing her don't seem to match what we know about the killer.

He had a personal stake in this, a misplaced grudge almost, the murder didn't seem to be planned either since she was never meant to be there and also the person cheng xiaoshi fought off as shenshen was using chloroform which is presumably part of this killer's MO, while liu min just sort of....went for it.
On the other hand the police said the victims are random but the murders premediated, which is the exact opposite of what happened here.

So either the police are wrong about the other cases, or there was something different about this one.
Jun 26, 2021 7:49 AM

May 2011
I'm impressed Cheng Xiaoshi held it in there this time and didn't do anything overly rash (other than entering the picture by himself) while being in the photo.

I initially thought Cheng Xiaoshi altered something that causes the murderer to be a crippled, but I guess not.

Looks like you guys' speculations might be right in the previous episode's discussion. It seems convincing that the murderer might be a time-traveler too. I didn't really like the idea before, since having two time-traveler seems awkward and messy. Now I wonder, does his legs actually heal when he travels back in time (given if this theory is correct).

Oh man, the series is ending soon, I hope they'll be able to wrap it up properly. Loving this series so far.

Edit:

theGodde said:
pizzaphantom said:

I feel like this show has been really grounded so far. That level of coincidental storytelling doesn't really fit with the way the show has been telling its story, so I guess we'll have to wait and see what the truth really is

I share the same consensus. Can't wait to see what's really going on!
jr_paperbagJun 26, 2021 8:10 AM
Jun 26, 2021 6:42 PM
Jul 2018
Full of surprises. Criminal took Emma away and tried to tried to spit it out. As Lu said, "We can't change the past." I agree with Cheng's action though. Can't wait for next episode.
Jun 26, 2021 6:49 PM

Jan 2010
It's nice to read other's comments, because I just feel so lost when I watch some of these episodes.

and the fact that there's only two episodes left. I'm hoping it can stick the landing. I guess the show is never gonna properly explain the "lore" of Cheng Xiaoshi and Lu Guang's powers huh. I mean I guess that's okay..but, it almost feels like this show could go on for much longer to properly explain the lore and everything, but I guess that's not what this how is about.

I feel so conflicted over Cheng Xiaoshi as a character. Part of me sympathizes with him, part of me gets frustrated with how bad he can be at doing this job. Lu Guang' tells him the things he can't do, but it obviously doesn't get through CX's thick skull. In almost every episode of this season, CX has doe something really stupid or screwed up something during all these missions they've done. Meanwhile Lu Guang can't rein him in or anything.

When I first started watching this show, I really wanted to ship Lu Guang and Cheng Xiaoshi, but their relationship is so ???? 9 episodes in and I don't know what to think of their relationship. The show still hasn't given a good idea of how long they've been friends. They went to college together. so at least a few years.

They feel like they have a strong bond with each other, but at the same time they don't? the show hasn't really taken the time to develop their relationship. It's just been all about the missions.

I'm still enjoying this show, but it makes my head hurt with how convoluted everything is.
Jun 26, 2021 10:35 PM
Oct 2020
i just noticed that every panel before the opening, there's a new quote! I'm kinda late but I thought it was the same quotes every eps
Jun 26, 2021 10:56 PM
May 2021
It's nice to read other's comments, because I just feel so lost when I watch some of these episodes.

and the fact that there's only two episodes left. I'm hoping it can stick the landing. I guess the show is never gonna properly explain the "lore" of Cheng Xiaoshi and Lu Guang's powers huh. I mean I guess that's okay..but, it almost feels like this show could go on for much longer to properly explain the lore and everything, but I guess that's not what this how is about.

I feel so conflicted over Cheng Xiaoshi as a character. Part of me sympathizes with him, part of me gets frustrated with how bad he can be at doing this job. Lu Guang' tells him the things he can't do, but it obviously doesn't get through CX's thick skull. In almost every episode of this season, CX has doe something really stupid or screwed up something during all these missions they've done. Meanwhile Lu Guang can't rein him in or anything.

When I first started watching this show, I really wanted to ship Lu Guang and Cheng Xiaoshi, but their relationship is so ???? 9 episodes in and I don't know what to think of their relationship. The show still hasn't given a good idea of how long they've been friends. They went to college together. so at least a few years.

They feel like they have a strong bond with each other, but at the same time they don't? the show hasn't really taken the time to develop their relationship. It's just been all about the missions.

I'm still enjoying this show, but it makes my head hurt with how convoluted everything is.

I think the reason you feel that is maybe because Cheng Xiaoshi And Lu Guang are the opposites of one another. In episode 6, Cheng Xiaoshi had said that it will be a big thing if they work together. After watching episode 9, I don’t know what to believe, we have been coming with different theories and predictions. The next episode will truly make or break the series along with the ending. Emma walking alone in the bridge had me confused. I had the same reaction as Lu Guang lol. What about their friend ? It’s like having two plots going at the same time.
Jun 26, 2021 11:37 PM

Oct 2008
WOOOOW! the future change because the past was changed as well!
5/5.
edit: or maybe not...stupid brain of mine! lolz

Jun 27, 2021 1:35 AM
Oct 2019
Ok now my head hurts
Jun 27, 2021 7:52 AM
Nov 2020
Recall that the first episode did not reveal who actually approached the protagonists to change Emma's past.

Jun 27, 2021 9:54 AM
Jun 2021
Why does the crown appear and disappear constantly on the sweatshirts of "maniacs"? Liu Ming had it in Episode 1, but no longer in the car with Emma. She also appeared and disappered on the swwatshirt of that pervert in ep.8
Kathrina_ShadeJun 27, 2021 10:23 AM
Jun 27, 2021 10:20 AM
Jun 2021
I think Emma is really still dead at the time of the end of episode 9, because the detective in the car, during a conversation with Lu Guang says "he was in the hospital at the time Emma was killed", i.e. he not only mentions that she is dead, but also specifies that she was killed. So, the cameras filmed Emma on that bridge, and then something happened, maybe a real maniac killed her, or maybe she jumped off herself, but because of the marks on her neck, the detective thought it was murder.

Perhaps the maniac really has powers similar to those of Chen Xiaoshi? What if he deliberately arranged so that Shanshan (or Xiaoshi in her) caught the maniac and her photo got into the newspaper, so he could use that picture (if, say, he could move into the bodies of people like Xiaoshi), and through it reach to Lu Guang and company, which was his original goal?

It's just a theory, but what if the maniac is Chen Bin (detective's assistant ). He had access to all the evidence and methods of the police to kill quietly + he could steal files and photos from the crime scenes, documents, which would allow him to go back in time there, if he could do it like Xiaoshi.

I still don't understand, however, why would a maniac challenge the guys at all. Perhaps, after a series of successful murders that none of ordinary people could solve, he wanted to find an equal in strength?

Sorry, just wanted to sort my thoughts out))
Jun 27, 2021 12:53 PM
Oct 2016
Kathrina_Shade said:
I think Emma is really still dead at the time of the end of episode 9, because the detective in the car, during a conversation with Lu Guang says "he was in the hospital at the time Emma was killed", i.e. he not only mentions that she is dead, but also specifies that she was killed. So, the cameras filmed Emma on that bridge, and then something happened, maybe a real maniac killed her, or maybe she jumped off herself, but because of the marks on her neck, the detective thought it was murder.

Perhaps the maniac really has powers similar to those of Chen Xiaoshi? What if he deliberately arranged so that Shanshan (or Xiaoshi in her) caught the maniac and her photo got into the newspaper, so he could use that picture (if, say, he could move into the bodies of people like Xiaoshi), and through it reach to Lu Guang and company, which was his original goal?

It's just a theory, but what if the maniac is Chen Bin (detective's assistant ). He had access to all the evidence and methods of the police to kill quietly + he could steal files and photos from the crime scenes, documents, which would allow him to go back in time there, if he could do it like Xiaoshi.

I still don't understand, however, why would a maniac challenge the guys at all. Perhaps, after a series of successful murders that none of ordinary people could solve, he wanted to find an equal in strength?

Kathrina_Shade said:
Why does the crown appear and disappear constantly on the sweatshirts of "maniacs"? Liu Ming had it in Episode 1, but no longer in the car with Emma. She also appeared and disappered on the swwatshirt of that pervert in ep.8

I thought that his behaviour was kinda odd as well, besides whats the best position to know everything there is to know if not within the police? He can be fully updated and plan hid next step. Thats a nice theory
Jun 27, 2021 12:55 PM
Oct 2016
Kathrina_Shade said:
Kathrina_Shade said:

The what now?! You mean a t-shirt print? Thats kinda odd and i doubt its an animation error
Jun 27, 2021 1:27 PM
Jun 2021
HelerWz said:
Kathrina_Shade said:
Kathrina_Shade said:

The what now?! You mean a t-shirt print? Thats kinda odd and i doubt its an animation error

I also thought it was strange, but I can't find any other explanation for this, except for an error. This crown print appears and disappears in episode 8, and in the car in episode 9, it was completely forgotten, although it was in the first episode.

Kathrina_ShadeJun 27, 2021 1:35 PM
Jun 27, 2021 1:50 PM
Oct 2019
Kathrina_Shade said:

Ah! I think the detective's assistant kinda suspicious too! He's supposed to be the secondary character but he appears a bit too often. It's like he's supposed to have an important role later on.

I really like your train of thought and your observations btw.
Jun 27, 2021 1:58 PM
Jun 2021
eardun said:
Kathrina_Shade said:

Ah! I think the detective's assistant kinda suspicious too! He's supposed to be the secondary character but he appears a bit too often. It's like he's supposed to have an important role later on.

I really like your train of thought and your observations btw.

Oh, thank you) I apologize in advance if I don't quite clearly express myself, English is not my native language.
Jun 27, 2021 6:26 PM

Mar 2008
Kathrina_Shade said:

I also thought it was strange, but I can't find any other explanation for this, except for an error. This crown print appears and disappears in episode 8, and in the car in episode 9, it was completely forgotten, although it was in the first episode.

My mind is preemptively blown away if this isn't just an animation error.

Anyway, the big question for the next episode is, will they choose to use that footage of the other security camera to find exactly how Emma died and maybe save her?
If Emma died because Xiaoshi changed the past, isn't fair that they undo this change to save her?
Jun 27, 2021 7:41 PM
Feb 2020
PaninaManina said:
Kathrina_Shade said:

Anyway, the big question for the next episode is, will they choose to use that footage of the other security camera to find exactly how Emma died and maybe save her?
If Emma died because Xiaoshi changed the past, isn't fair that they undo this change to save her?

Idk if I'm just slow, but I didnt realize both attackers we've seen are wearing the same hat and sweater despite being different people. I think this really hints towards the ultimate big bad being someone who can control other people. Maybe with a similar power to the bois.
Jun 28, 2021 12:51 AM
Jun 2021
PaninaManina said:

The truth is, now we will never know if Emma would have died if Xiaoshi hadn't intervened or not. It looks like Liu Min had a motive for killing her, perhaps he would have hunted her down and killed her anyway, even if she hadn't been on his way when she wanted to meet her parents. Perhaps the case of Emma and Liu Min is not part of the story of the maniac at all, if this is just Liu Ming's revenge on the specific person who leaked the company data.

If he killed her for "leaking" the data, he would think so, even if no one intervened in Emma's life at the first place, because she is the only one who could leak them, and it would be logical to suspect her.

Now it turns out that the creators will do everything completely differently and not in the way we suppose)) It is quite possible that at the end of the season they will save Emma, ​​given that her fate is almost the main theme of the season.

I think that really is what they will do, Chen Xiaoshi will want to jump at the moment where Emma was recorded on the bridge, in order to find out, at least, who killed her. Because the issue of revealing the identity of the kidnapper is still urgent, Shanshan is still kidnapped and needs to be rescued. Although, I think, they should have immediately notified the police that Shanshan was missing and about the call, as well as investigate her home and interviewed witnesses in order to understand how it all happened.
Jun 28, 2021 12:55 AM
Jun 2021
Berbino said:

Idk if I'm just slow, but I didnt realize both attackers we've seen are wearing the same hat and sweater despite being different people. I think this really hints towards the ultimate big bad being someone who can control other people. Maybe with a similar power to the bois.

maybe it's just a very popular sweater and hat) but still this is a suspicious coincidence
Jun 28, 2021 4:15 AM

Mar 2008
Kathrina_Shade said:

The truth is, now we will never know if Emma would have died if Xiaoshi hadn't intervened or not.

That's they key phrase, "we don't know".
The only thing we know for sure is that Liu Min only got her that day because of Xiaoshi's action. If not on that opportunity, then when? Would he have other opportunity? Would he still want to kill someone? Was he even thinking about killing her when he lured her to his car?
We don't know, the characters don't know.
They can't know when a person will die, how can they predict that under normal circunstancies? The only thing that they know is that they changed the past and a person died because of this. If they undo this to save her now and she dies later doesn't matter. Makes sense to you or anyone here to say, "we can't save her now because she'll die eventually anyway"?

I'm know that I'm biased about this dilemma, and even created a thread about this, but be it, this is my hill and I'll die on it!

Jun 29, 2021 9:44 PM
Nov 2020
I've really thought about this show, bringing me to a basic but essential question: what makes a show good? And by extension, what is an average show?

I honestly can't tell what caliber of storytelling Shiguang Dailiren offers. Is it a good show? Or is it simply average? The story has not and probably will not truly amaze me. Does that mean it is bad? No. But maybe it means that it is simply average. Regardless, I still can't tell.

It's going to be so hard to write a review for this show. Questions about its core are constantly being reiterated. What is the show's meaning? Does it have an overall direction of plot, and a good one at that?
Jun 30, 2021 1:04 AM
May 2021
This is one of my theories, I do believe that Liu Min is the killer, judging from what happened in this episode, due to getting hate from normal people, It may have resulted him having an antisocial personality disorder. I think this is the reason why the victims have no connection probably because he kills people who live their normal lives.Could be. I like to remember this characteristic of Liu Min
Jun 30, 2021 8:18 AM

Mar 2008
ilalochezia said:

I honestly can't tell what caliber of storytelling Shiguang Dailiren offers. Is it a good show? Or is it simply average? The story has not and probably will not truly amaze me. Does that mean it is bad? No. But maybe it means that it is simply average. Regardless, I still can't tell.

It's about average when you compare with average series, for example, Vivy that ended recently.
It's also about changing the past but that anime SHOWS US NOTHING, instead it TELL US EVERYTHING and we just have to believe. Characters just spell their feelings and dilemmas. Compare with Link Click that gives us no exposition, we just see things happening and it's implications, see how we are discussing what the characters may be thinking and what motives them, how we are trying to predict what will happen next based on WHAT WE KNOW ABOUT THEM instead of about WHAT THE PLOT WANTS TO DO.

Also, contrary to Vivy that have a very good studio with very good animations and some impressive Sakuga, the animation in Link Click is simple and utilitarian, but uses the little it have to do the most with it with the direction and editing. Vivy have some VERY DETAILED shots (trying to mimic Dezaki's post cards), but they MEAN NOTHING, absolutely nothing, tells us nothing. When Link Click does something different like inside that trunk it's to help put us in the character's place to better understand him, what he is feeling, what may motivate his actions.
That's why it's an above average story and series, it's does simple things that your average anime is unable to do no matter how many good animators they may have.
Jun 30, 2021 8:36 AM
Nov 2020
PaninaManina said:
ilalochezia said:

It's about average when you compare with average series, for example, Vivy that ended recently.
It's also about changing the past but that anime SHOWS US NOTHING, instead it TELL US EVERYTHING and we just have to believe. Characters just spell their feelings and dilemmas. Compare with Link Click that gives us no exposition, we just see things happening and it's implications, see how we are discussing what the characters may be thinking and what motives them, how we are trying to predict what will happen next based on WHAT WE KNOW ABOUT THEM instead of about WHAT THE PLOT WANTS TO DO.

Also, contrary to Vivy that have a very good studio with very good animations and some impressive Sakuga, the animation in Link Click is simple and utilitarian, but uses the little it have to do the most with it with the direction and editing. Vivy have some VERY DETAILED shots (trying to mimic Dezaki's post cards), but they MEAN NOTHING, absolutely nothing, tells us nothing. When Link Click does something different like inside that trunk it's to help put us in the character's place to better understand him, what he is feeling, what may motivate his actions.
That's why it's an above average story and series, it's does simple things that your average anime is unable to do no matter how many good animators they may have.

Thanks for your thoughts. Looking forward to reading your review for this show, if you will write one.
Jun 30, 2021 3:19 PM
Oct 2016
PaninaManina said:
ilalochezia said:

Mate im moved by your words and i wholeheartedly agree. Its a humane (yes with super powers hush) attempt at storytelling and it relies heavily on emotions. Its no mistake that the few people who have seen it, ranked it so high!
Jul 9, 2021 1:47 AM
Mar 2021
qwqpwp said:
lizzziziz said:

qwqpwpJul 15, 2021 1:18 AM
Jul 10, 2021 3:50 AM

Jan 2021
To be honest I don't want to blame Cheng Xiaoshi this bad but seriously his friend disappeared because he didn't act according to the rules, as well as in Emma's case.

Doesn't he realize that his act changed something in their past? Even if it was just a small thing that changed, it could make a difference to their future. Stop messing around, Cheng Xiaoshi.

I understand that he wants to help people, with his ability and kindness.. but what he is doing is something that is risky and dangerous.

Hopefully because of this incident you are fully aware that when you were entered a photo, you are not you. You are being someone else. Please listen to what Lu Guang is saying.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shiguang Dailiren Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stardew - Apr 30, 2021

173 by erturko »»
Sep 23, 3:18 AM

Poll: » Shiguang Dailiren Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

mystrias - May 20, 2021

160 by fakku48 »»
Aug 18, 7:26 AM

Poll: » Shiguang Dailiren Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jul 14, 2021

344 by ZedgeEdge »»
Aug 17, 8:12 PM

» For anyone who hasn't yet seen this show and is about to watch it in Japanese Dub

kizumi91 - May 3, 2022

25 by Sera_m0613 »»
Aug 7, 9:17 PM

Poll: » Shiguang Dailiren Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

WaterzBailed54 - Jul 1, 2021

92 by nickehhhhhh »»
Jul 30, 11:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.