Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 3, 2021 5:15 PM
Mar 2021
So I always end up stumbling towards many anime which I always think is good but apparently the internet doesn't share that opinion 😂 Like this show has a really good plot line in terms of both of the main characters having amazing development as well as episodes that either leave me completely satisfied with life or has me on the edge of my seat! Like I legit don't understand where the hate towards this show. Unfortunate that the internet is always so critical of things 😭
Jun 3, 2021 5:23 PM

Sep 2020
It been a long time since I watched Assassin's Pride and I forgot most of it, so I can't really tell you what's wrong with it.

All I can tell you is that it is pretty trash. But you like what you like.
Jun 3, 2021 5:26 PM
Feb 2021
Aytr0 said:
So I always end up stumbling towards many anime which I always think is good but apparently the internet doesn't share that opinion 😂 Like this show has a really good plot line in terms of both of the main characters having amazing development as well as episodes that either leave me completely satisfied with life or has me on the edge of my seat! Like I legit don't understand where the hate towards this show. Unfortunate that the internet is always so critical of things 😭

I don't hate the show. It's one of the first animes that I've ever seen. It'll always have a special place in my heart but, I do think that it's missing something. I can't put my finger on it, but it needs one more thing. The characters are good, the story is interesting. I think they need to delve in more to the mysticism of all of it. I would never bad mouth Assassins Pride. I enjoyed it.
Jun 3, 2021 6:17 PM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
I didn't mind it, there certainly worse.

Alot of people took offence against it because of what it is, one in a long line of somewhat cheaply made light novel adapations with an incredible overpowered protagonist, set in a magical highschool and no doubth is does take in alot of those Tropez. However it does have a degree of wholesomeness, the main girls are forced to develop and the plot is their. Furthermore the world building is pretty interesting and the art style ain't half bad, some of the figths look pretty good.

So ya all in all, it ain't anything mind blowing but it's a little above average and I think it does what it wants to achieve. It's certainly watchable ligth entertainment and that's all that really matters, glad you found yourself something to enjoy😊👍.
Jun 3, 2021 6:35 PM

May 2018
The animation and sound were at most average. The characters were trash and not likeable. The story was written by a 10 year old and most importantly the anime itself was rushed.
The only “good” thing was the catchy opening.

But that’s my opinion I guess.
Jun 3, 2021 8:21 PM
Nov 2020
I watched it when it was airing, the anime was pretty boring. but I did like the colors and the animation of it.

No hate tho
Jun 3, 2021 8:59 PM

Jan 2021
I don’t hate it I just thought it was meh
Jun 3, 2021 10:39 PM
May 2021
Aytr0 said:
I agree, I think that the show was fine, I rated it a nine but everywhere people seem to be a lot more critical at anime than me lmao
Jun 4, 2021 1:22 AM
Jan 2021
It was kinda a mid tier show I felt that it was made to sell a manga it had a good ending song tho.
Jun 4, 2021 4:36 AM
Feb 2020
ye my favorite show is their a season 2
Jun 4, 2021 5:08 AM

Sep 2014
This show is a lot better than what its MAL score suggests.
Jun 12, 2021 12:27 PM

May 2020
I don't really remember anything about it because I watched it over a year ago but I remember not minding it, I wouldn't say it's good though
Jun 12, 2021 2:35 PM
Senpai
Nov 2020
The two first reviews that show are dumb, they say that the start was bad and that the end was good, like literally, the last episode made the least sense and the first one was normal, the animators just probably put wrong tags to this anime and it got to wrong people's hands, that's why the hate, wrong people found kind of good anime.
Jun 13, 2021 5:23 PM

Jan 2020
It was bad imo. I was looking forward to it before it aired because of the cool mc, but it focused too much on the lolis and the plot wasn’t very interesting. Also, the animation was bad.
Jun 26, 2021 3:58 AM
Jun 2019
Is just trash and enough, and also is one of the worst anime ever made
Jun 29, 2021 8:54 PM
Jul 2018
AkaHusky24 said:
The two first reviews that show are dumb, they say that the start was bad and that the end was good, like literally, the last episode made the least sense and the first one was normal, the animators just probably put wrong tags to this anime and it got to wrong people's hands, that's why the hate, wrong people found kind of good anime.

I wouldn't say it's trash but it felt rushed and compared to the Manga they cut out some content.
Jul 15, 2021 7:11 PM
Sep 2018
Yea, I rly don't understand all the hate about it, it was great to me and I liked relationship between Melida and Kufa. Would rly like season 2.
Aug 1, 2021 1:14 AM
Feb 2020
MrElias said:
The animation and sound were at most average. The characters were trash and not likeable. The story was written by a 10 year old and most importantly the anime itself was rushed.
The only “good” thing was the catchy opening.

But that’s my opinion I guess.

You forgot to mention the fire ED
Aug 17, 2021 1:18 PM

Nov 2014
Nah it's really that bad dude. Like I'm surprised the MAL score is that high
Sep 24, 2021 5:55 AM
Jul 2020
Aytr0 said:

Most of them is a people that have watch a tons of anime. That's why they want something new,unique,and very good. I don't know about you,but this show's pretty normal to me. I would give it 6/10 at best. To me,9-10 is a score that I could give to a show that I think close to being masterpiece,or already a masterpiece to me. 7-8 is a good show that I thought was a good experience and maybe could rewatch it a few time. 5-6 is a normal show that I could kill times when I don't have anything to watch.
Oct 11, 2021 7:31 PM
Feb 2020
Because people on MAL and Reddit have shit taste.
Oct 23, 2021 9:30 AM
Feb 2021
I wouldn’t consider it trash but it is mediocre
Oct 31, 2021 2:38 PM
Sep 2021
I enjoyed the anime despite the haters. Of course the anime is a bit rushed but it's rare to get a really good anime that has a 1st season of 12 episodes be great and not be rushed. I enjoyed the relationship between the two main characters and I want to see more of them. I enjoyed the story and the characters. We need another season to see more character development and learn more about their world. I'm hooked to the anime and I wish someone would translate the LN to English. I want to read the LN's so badly.
Oct 31, 2021 2:47 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Well I don't wanna judge since I haven't seen it, but from the looks of it, it looks like guilty-crown-levels of generic

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 27, 2022 5:43 PM
Feb 2021
MAL community is popular for hating things instead of either praising or being neutral.They can't just calm their ass without bashing and slandering. If I dislike any show I will just be neutral but leave it to the Elitist who think they are top of food chain and deem worthy to judge things instilling more prejudice. I really hate them with passion.

In my opinion, series was quiet entertaining and I really enjoyed and I too love the dynamics of two main Characters. Show was overall 8/10 to me.
Jan 28, 2022 8:57 AM

Feb 2020
dude you literally rate anything high, u have like 120 animes that you rate 10
Jun 10, 2022 7:24 AM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
Aytr0 said:

There will always be someone that doesn't like something that you enjoy. Or vice versa.

For instance, a lot of people love Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. (like me) And then there are also people who think it is average, overrated or worse.

So-- and this message is for everyone who reads it to be honest-- just watch what you enjoy and what other people think is irrelevant to that. don't let negative people ruin a good anime experience for you.

Aug 16, 2022 7:42 PM

Feb 2011
i forgot this even existed until i watched the first episode. it really isn't deserving of the hate, especially from the three pronounced reviews on the site.

It's not anything to write home about, but it's not unwatchable by any means. If people would get over their stupidity and realize that THE CHARACTERS ARE FICTIONAL AND ANIMATED they'd be able to sit back and just enjoy a show, instead they superimpose their (or their countries) standards upon the animation/animators and force themselves to have a bad time.

Is it worth watching? Kinda. i gave it a 6, which is passable but again, nothing to write home about.

Sep 14, 2022 6:58 AM

Jan 2014
I've just finished the series. at first I thought the same thing, why the hate? but then because I curious about this, I thought I give it a shot to complete. and now I understand why it's low on the rating, and most of people hate this.

so after watching all of this, I still couldn't find the "punch" for this series. I mean, what's the point of all of this? it lacks of foundation, every single conflict. I like the concept, but it's just feels like something is off.

I don't know if it's the studio at fault for interpreting what's in the novel, or it's just bad storytelling from the original story.
Nov 1, 2023 9:34 PM
Sep 2018
me too, I have no idea why people hate it, I absolutely loved it, hope they make season 2. Anime had everything I want.
Jan 14, 4:46 AM
Mar 2022
Bro people really need to stop analysing animes and enjoy them more
I ve seen a lot of comments with the colors or the animation being mid
Bro u can t have JJK animation on every anime
The colors?Tf?I ve enjoyed most of the animes and never see any bad thing abt the color..learn to enjoy something and expect that not all the animes are the same
Some of them have their own charm like this one
Pretty unique storyline
Kufa was amazing and Melida was soooo cuteee
Animation was great for me
I recommend to read the manga bcs i heard the anime rushed it...(don t know why)
May 6, 11:04 AM

Jan 2019
This show is so bad that I started watching this pedo-bait back in 2020, and it's 2024, still haven't finished it.
Aug 27, 3:35 PM

Dec 2013
I just finished this anime and I can 100% see why someone would hate it.
It's boring, the story is cheap, the characters are one-dimensional and the relationship between Melita and her tutor makes this disgusting.
IMO The only great thing that happened in this story was the past of Vampyr and his sister, but that certainly doesn't save the anime.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Assassins Pride Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2019

226 by hieu2000 »»
Feb 14, 12:53 AM

» what makes the show THIS bad?

APolygons2 - Apr 20, 2023

23 by Akanekino »»
Nov 1, 2023 9:28 PM

Poll: » Assassins Pride Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2019

104 by f_lopezjmz »»
Oct 31, 2023 4:40 PM

Poll: » Assassins Pride Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2019

66 by f_lopezjmz »»
Oct 30, 2023 6:59 PM

Poll: » Assassins Pride Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2019

94 by f_lopezjmz »»
Oct 29, 2023 8:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.