Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Heaven's Design Team
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 4, 2021 7:28 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
God's latest project: An animal that inspires maternal instinct a.k.a love. When the designs are left to either Meido or Kimura, whatever animals both can concoct or have ideas fed to are definitely in the extreme spectrum of the weirdest. Still though, animals depicted like families and friends, that's a yes, but the way that Kimura and Meido framed it was hilariously OFF. Kimura sticking to the crabs, but Meido creating rhizocephala...OK, still part of the barnacle family. Love is NOT confinement FYI!

HEH, Unabara vs. Kimura for a talk-show like design competition for a bird that lives on an island of ice a.k.a penguin. As expected, there are differences between both penguins in design and aesthetics, created as per the personalities and preferences of the designers themselves. But oh well, a draw of a win for both the King and Emperor penguins.

Wait, hold on...English ED??? Well it's the Technoboys Pulcraft Green-Fund version, so...by my request, it's ACCEPTED!
KANLen09Mar 4, 2021 11:09 AM
Mar 4, 2021 8:25 AM

Jun 2019
An animal that activates the motherly instinct or LOVE.
I wonder if God really enjoys watching them do those projects. That bear visualization was hilarious. And the resulting creature is something that I haven't seen before. Wow.
The second half was funny as well. The reality show for how to design a penguin so it can survive in the winter.
Mar 4, 2021 8:53 AM
Jul 2018
interesting episode as usual, that talk show type thing was pretty funny lol. also, english ed is actually quite nice but still like the original better
Mar 4, 2021 9:00 AM

Feb 2020
Yet another funny and educational episode.

SerafosMay 23, 11:44 PM
Mar 4, 2021 9:43 AM
Sep 2015
Shimoda is actually an extrovert but since he's new employee he can't show off much, but now he's ready to show off!
Mar 4, 2021 3:49 PM
Mar 2016
I had to google king penguins eyes after watching, the pupil really is square :D
Mar 4, 2021 4:58 PM

Sep 2020
Parasites are truly nightmarish creatures.
spaesu said:
interesting episode as usual, that talk show type thing was pretty funny lol. also, english ed is actually quite nice but still like the original better

Same, it was a nice alternative version but the original ending song sounds better to me.
Mar 4, 2021 5:11 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Interesting episode as always. The designs were really unique making it hard to predict the outcome. The first part where they wanted to created such an animal that tickles the maternal instinct, even if its a male gender. The available designer was the one whose least-suited to the quest, ofc by Shimoda-kun perspective. But the result, surely unexpected, and really suited well with her taste. Yep, the barnacle boys type of animal, the parasitic crustacean which remembered most of her creation at the beginning of the series. To think that the parasites manipulated the host into tickling their own instincts. Lmao, its as creepy as their reality in the true nature world.

The second part was the penguin contest. The new way to educated me how penguin survived into such an extreme cold. The ironic part where Kimura did the simple opposite ideas from Unabara looked simply hilarious. However, the result simply unexpected, and Kimura design truly an innovative way to introduced another species of penguin. Well despite some hilarious ideas such as long-legged (the fact that pengu actually had that, but squat, truly enlightened me) and thorny chick pengu design, everything just way too outstanding.

Good job, you both, and for the first part designer too. Tehee.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 4, 2021 9:01 PM

Mar 2020
This is the episode I was waiting for lol.
Mar 5, 2021 12:17 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It was pretty fun at the beginning with the explications on how the parents act, but the best was the contest to create penguin at the end, sure there are a lot of different species for it, and I didn't know that their legs were folded xD also that english ending... it's probably even better like that, nice
Mar 5, 2021 4:41 AM

Aug 2019
gotta say this show teaches me a lot about animals
Mar 5, 2021 4:42 AM

Oct 2016
Pretty good episode, the moment the "activate maternal instincts" project went to Meido I knew it's gonna be some fucked up shit lmao and she got help from Kimura... more fucked up shit we go. Cool that the Rhizocephala is actually related to crustaceans, though is it actually edible lmao, or Kimura just eats anything.

The game show was pretty great. Ahh yes, long legged penguins lmao, was pretty shocked when that penguin with a monstrosity of a tongue was accepted, though it became smaller which is how real penguins tongue are. Penguins are always cool though. That ED surprised me, was actually pretty good even though I didn't understand shit lmao.
Mar 5, 2021 6:28 AM
Aug 2020
Finally got my penguin episode, I am happy now. <3
Mar 6, 2021 7:03 PM

Sep 2011
Lost the exact count but there were like 35ish translation sins this week. It's extra bad this week since not only did they have two of the names on screen in English text during the penguin showdown but all of them are listed in English during the credits.

Great episode other that that though.
Mar 6, 2021 7:40 PM

Oct 2008
Bwahaha the ED is on english version! that was a pleasant surprise!
another weird species: Rhizocephala are parasites to crabs! Eugene H. Krabs probably won't like this!
5/5.

Mar 10, 2021 3:12 AM

Oct 2017
Uwaaa so Bear females are slut, I did not need to know that.
Mar 10, 2021 3:16 AM

Mar 2010
Boy I was pretty scared of this team too lol. The bears are cute. Another fun episode
Mar 12, 2021 7:29 PM

Aug 2018
I didn't expect to enjoy this show that much and I'm so glad that I continued watching despite the pretty low score. Great episode!!!
Also, the penguin kinda reminded me of Punpun.
May 30, 2021 3:19 AM

Jul 2015
Truly a creature that makes your maternal instincts tickle, great job by the people 'best fit' for the job: Kimura and Meido.

The Penguin with the long legs design of Kimura would be absolutely terrifying

Aug 27, 2022 4:43 AM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
Didn't expect the penguin to have so many odd features. I didn't know the penguin had differently shaped eyes. Then again I've never seen a penguin up close, only behind glass. I heard they smell pretty bad so I thought they'd excrete salt through their droppings. Maybe some do.
Nov 13, 2023 1:44 PM
Aug 2022
Loooool. two batshit crazy weirdos in lead omg i died.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tenchi Souzou Design-bu Episode 3 Discussion

Ringare - Jan 21, 2021

35 by RGreatDanton »»
May 15, 7:33 PM

Poll: » Tenchi Souzou Design-bu Episode 2 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jan 14, 2021

40 by RGreatDanton »»
May 15, 7:17 PM

Poll: » Tenchi Souzou Design-bu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jan 7, 2021

94 by RGreatDanton »»
May 15, 6:58 PM

Poll: » Tenchi Souzou Design-bu Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 25, 2021

47 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 13, 2023 2:59 PM

Poll: » Tenchi Souzou Design-bu Episode 8 Discussion

KANLen09 - Feb 25, 2021

27 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 13, 2023 1:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.