Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 3, 2020 6:58 AM
Oct 2017
Is it a part of the "main" story or some afterthought such as the movies?
Aug 3, 2020 7:13 AM

Aug 2014
x-comber said:

Just gonna be some random filler, probably. This wasn't in the manga at all.
Aug 3, 2020 7:17 AM
May 2013
Huh this OVA part of season 3? As current anime season was season 5. 🤔 Is this right?
Have Great Day =)
Animekid3

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Aug 3, 2020 7:40 AM

Aug 2018
doubt it

it's rly weird, this is about season3, which aired almost 2 years ago...
Aug 3, 2020 7:46 AM
UltimateEnforcer

Apr 2015
Well it says in the synopsis that this is before they get the provisional licences, which happens in s3.

I wonder why they are doing this at all.
Aug 3, 2020 8:15 AM

Jan 2018
My guess is that they are probably anticipating some kind of slowdown in production of season 5 due to COVID so they are pushing something out for marketing purposes.
Aug 3, 2020 10:10 AM
Jan 2019
I don't think so
ONA, OV are almost always filler stuff.
Aug 3, 2020 11:08 AM

Jan 2020
I wish they'd stop making all these side story things for My Hero Academia and actually adapt the manga's real side story, Vigilantes. Especially cause Vigilantes actually adds to the main story with some extra context.

Little shorts like this provides no substance for the main story.

Bandori is love <3 Bandori is life <3
Aug 3, 2020 11:31 AM

Mar 2020
Animekid3 said:
Huh this OVA part of season 3? As current anime season was season 5. 🤔 Is this right?

SnowKidPT said:
doubt it

the timeline is around s3 and not around s5 bcoz the endeavor vs high end nomu arc isnt over yet and why are they even making it now?
Aug 3, 2020 11:47 AM
Apr 2020
I think it is about receiving their provisional licenses, therefore maybe their existing license needs to be renewed?
“Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many. working hard alone doesn't assure you that you'll achieve your dreams. actually there are more cases where you don't. even so, working hard and achieving something is some consolation at least.”
― Hikigaya Hachiman

Aug 3, 2020 12:21 PM
May 2020
Maybe they know that s3 is better to make money from so theire doing this shit.
Aug 3, 2020 1:56 PM
Jul 2019
If this is a filler then I'm dodging it. The series hasn't really been that good in most fillers to be honest, and the last arc of season 4 was a terrible filler for me.
Aug 3, 2020 3:16 PM
May 2013
bae_of_kyoka said:
Animekid3 said:

SnowKidPT said:
doubt it

the timeline is around s3 and not around s5 bcoz the endeavor vs high end nomu arc isnt over yet and why are they even making it now?

I see, plus interesting never seen anything like this happen before. I shall see what OVA from season 3 will show it as 🤔, very curious.
Have Great Day =)
Animekid3

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Aug 3, 2020 3:45 PM

Apr 2020
I thought this was OVA from season 4, but it wasn't
Aug 3, 2020 6:12 PM
Jan 2017
breebearani said:
I wish they'd stop making all these side story things for My Hero Academia and actually adapt the manga's real side story, Vigilantes. Especially cause Vigilantes actually adds to the main story with some extra context.

I’m expecting if we are going to get a vigilantes adaptation it will be after the manga ends, which is pretty soon since we are in the last arc. These OVA’s are usually pretty short in episode count (usually one episode) and are seemingly just ways to remind people that this show exists when it isn’t airing or to play at some event (or promote a DVD)

Considering Vigilantes isn’t the most popular thing in the world the anime will likely give it more shine and these OVA’s only really exist to remind people of the show and not to launch a new one which require a new staff and cast unlike this which just uses the old one (I wouldn’t be surprised if they adapt the Eraser arc next season and then adapt the rest of vigilantes after that)
Aug 3, 2020 11:10 PM
Community Mod
Aug 2019
Thread cleaned

Please remember to treat your fellow users with respect.

In accordance with the board specific rules please remember to follow the Site Guidelines.
Aug 4, 2020 12:30 AM

Nov 2016
Ljw said:
breebearani said:

I’m expecting if we are going to get a vigilantes adaptation it will be after the manga ends, which is pretty soon since we are in the last arc. These OVA’s are usually pretty short in episode count (usually one episode) and are seemingly just ways to remind people that this show exists when it isn’t airing or to play at some event (or promote a DVD)

Considering Vigilantes isn’t the most popular thing in the world the anime will likely give it more shine and these OVA’s only really exist to remind people of the show and not to launch a new one which require a new staff and cast unlike this which just uses the old one (I wouldn’t be surprised if they adapt the Eraser arc next season and then adapt the rest of vigilantes after that)
Wait, wait, wait, we are in the last arc? Vigilantes isn't a long manga like the main Boku no Hero? That's pretty sad
Aug 4, 2020 5:45 AM
Jan 2017
Alvaritoterreos said:
Ljw said:

Wait, wait, wait, we are in the last arc? Vigilantes isn't a long manga like the main Boku no Hero? That's pretty sad

It’s sad but also happy since it means it won’t get dragged out and we will get to see it beautifully animated soon
Aug 4, 2020 7:56 AM

Apr 2012
Is it just me, or is this promotion and the hype of this title already starting to resemble Naruto and Bleach? I'm not saying this is good or bad, it's just that MHA is gradually starting to become too mainstream for me.
Aug 4, 2020 8:58 AM
Oct 2019
el3mel said:
If this is a filler then I'm dodging it. The series hasn't really been that good in most fillers to be honest, and the last arc of season 4 was a terrible filler for me.

FYI the last arc of season 4 which is U.A. Festival arc in Manga canon. for me, the last arc of season 4 is really good because we got to see Eri chara development and the last arc of season 4 was wholesome arc before pro hero arc
Aug 4, 2020 9:32 AM
Jul 2020
Smurf said:
x-comber said:

Just gonna be some random filler, probably. This wasn't in the manga at all.
this is canon and it came straight after season 4 in the manga
Aug 4, 2020 9:34 AM
Jul 2019
Dean27 said:
el3mel said:

FYI the last arc of season 4 which is U.A. Festival arc in Manga canon. for me, the last arc of season 4 is really good because we got to see Eri chara development and the last arc of season 4 was wholesome arc before pro hero arc

It's a Manga canon yes but also a Manga filler. It's a filler story that's all, and a terrible filler for me too.

Look my opinion on season 4 isn't really that pleasing. It's a bang average season that I only enjoyed about 6 episodes out of the 25 ones or so.
Aug 5, 2020 4:10 PM

Sep 2016
Ive seen so many of these getting added ive a bit confused.. But at this point im gonna ignore it until ive seen the main story complete, which ive almost forgotten about.
Somehow not depressed.
Aug 15, 2020 1:04 AM

Mar 2020
el3mel said:
Dean27 said:

It's a Manga canon yes but also a Manga filler. It's a filler story that's all, and a terrible filler for me too.

Look my opinion on season 4 isn't really that pleasing. It's a bang average season that I only enjoyed about 6 episodes out of the 25 ones or so.

yes me too...even tho i am a die hard MHA fanboy but the provisional license arc, overhaul arc, cultural festival arc and the upcoming Class A vs Class B arc (the first arc for S5) are the hated arcs in manga and even the mangakka doesnt like it that much but i gave S4 a 8/10 bcoz of Kyoka Jiro but these things aside from the second cour of S5 things will get much good and you will love it and hate for MHA manga are for above mentioned 4 arcs only
Aug 15, 2020 7:02 AM
Jul 2019
bae_of_kyoka said:
el3mel said:

yes me too...even tho i am a die hard MHA fanboy but the provisional license arc, overhaul arc, cultural festival arc and the upcoming Class A vs Class B arc (the first arc for S5) are the hated arcs in manga and even the mangakka doesnt like it that much but i gave S4 a 8/10 bcoz of Kyoka Jiro but these things aside from the second cour of S5 things will get much good and you will love it and hate for MHA manga are for above mentioned 4 arcs only

I hope so. I actually like MHA overall bar last season. It's not anything new or innovative but it has been a pretty fun to watch with very good fights, creative quirks and likeable cast, so I was disappointed when I ended up not liking last season at all. Hopefully season 5 will be back to form.
Mar 13, 2021 6:40 AM

Jul 2011
This OVA is between hideout arc (ends on episode 12 on S3) and prov license arc (starts on episode 13 on S3)

Like synopsis says, they have yet to get prov licenses + Katsuki is also on this OVA (there is also flashback from hideout arc last battle on episode 11 S3)

But overall, I think this OVA setting is set after episode 11 S3.

Also Deku seem have used leg moves already, so after episode 14 (when he got costume upgrade + leg moves trained?)
GaichiMar 13, 2021 11:56 AM

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia: Ikinokore! Kesshi no Survival Kunren Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

uninstallthegame - Aug 15, 2020

59 by ToG25thBaam »»
Sep 16, 6:42 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia: Ikinokore! Kesshi no Survival Kunren Episode 1 Discussion

uninstallthegame - Aug 15, 2020

34 by ToTheGyz »»
Jul 18, 3:15 PM

» Will many people like it?

JetStreamSam001 - Aug 3, 2020

8 by DojimaNoRyu »»
Sep 13, 2020 8:22 PM

» How are both episodes done airing before the airing date started?

Sagara_Asakura - Aug 15, 2020

2 by davidyodo24 »»
Aug 16, 2020 1:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.