Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 20, 2019 5:37 PM

Jan 2014
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
"Final Chapter" and extra: Everybody comes through to support Emi! And wreck her new apartment (facepalm!). And they go viral! XD

Ending on a happy ending if one tinged with uncertainty, melancholy, and maybe hangovers, feels pretty real.

The extra just shows Kei 'falling in love at first sight' with Emi.

Here's the song printed on the double page of Emi biking to work - https://soundcloud.com/dancinthruthenights/local-distance "Local Distance" by dancinthruthenights (okadada x tofubeats), a cover of a song by Konyaga Tanaka. It's even a free download! Despite knowing a lot of tofubeats' music, I didn't know this track but seems it's beloved in the music scene in Tokyo and like this manga it's an ode to the electronic scene.
MiporinMar 13, 2019 3:00 PM
Apr 18, 2019 7:38 PM

Jan 2018
I first came by this manga on a "it's a good yuri manga" recommendation. Starting to read i can relate with some aspects.
As a former VJ i can tell how true those feelings of "after hours" are for Kei and Emi, and to any night clubs workers out there.
Doesn't matter if you are a bartender, dj, vj or whatever, as long if at the of the end of the night everyone celebrates each other work and heads home. The feeling of accomplishment can really keep us going.
As far of the story, imo, it could very well ended with the climax of chapter 10. Because after that climax i felt the drama came out of the blue and out of place, so much that it seemed an tragedy had happened.
This manga is good either you like "yuri with a different story", romance, or you are someone like me who experienced this night club feeling.

More topics from this board

Poll: » After Hours Chapter 13 Discussion

Miporin - Feb 20, 2019

1 by surprisedspace »»
Dec 2, 2021 10:13 AM

» Chapters? Hiatus?

NG_Chloe - Aug 28, 2017

13 by NG_Chloe »»
Apr 18, 2019 2:17 PM

Poll: » After Hours Chapter 16 Discussion

Miporin - Feb 20, 2019

0 by Miporin »»
Feb 20, 2019 5:21 PM

Poll: » After Hours Chapter 15 Discussion

Miporin - Feb 20, 2019

0 by Miporin »»
Feb 20, 2019 5:14 PM

Poll: » After Hours Chapter 14 Discussion

Miporin - Feb 20, 2019

0 by Miporin »»
Feb 20, 2019 4:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.