Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 7, 2018 9:00 PM

Jun 2017
Anyone else planning to watch it despite having no experience with the mobile game?
Apr 8, 2018 8:45 PM
Sep 2009
Yes, I watched various animes based on games before, and never played them.
It's even possible that I watched animes based on games and I don't even know that they were.

Edit: NVM is a 3D anime if it was a 2d I would give a try.
May 1, 2018 2:18 PM

Mar 2016
I played Ingress two years ago, but I think it doesn't matter, you should be able to watch this anime without having played the game, because it doesn't have a relevant plot, only the development of the two factions between players.
May 6, 2018 1:37 PM

Apr 2018
I played it but I don't see anything that the game has that would help understand how they're going to make this anime or anything that would be "spoiler" plot-wise as it's just "conquer this Portals and make a triangle to create Control fields and keep them on your faction" and nothing else. Excited to see how's going to be
Aug 28, 2018 12:43 PM
Jan 2018
LilyWhiteheart said:
I played it but I don't see anything that the game has that would help understand how they're going to make this anime or anything that would be "spoiler" plot-wise as it's just "conquer this Portals and make a triangle to create Control fields and keep them on your faction" and nothing else. Excited to see how's going to be

Same, I have no idea how they are going to make an anime out of such a simple (and kind of boring) game.
Sep 15, 2018 1:47 PM
Sep 2018
TheCattastic said:
LilyWhiteheart said:

Same, I have no idea how they are going to make an anime out of such a simple (and kind of boring) game.

If they did the Ingress Backstory instead, it would be cool. (Ingress Backstory characters: http://investigate.ingress.com/persons-of-interest/) Start out having them follow Obsidius as main character, then pan to whatever story they have planned for Prime.
Sep 26, 2018 5:14 AM

Feb 2015
I didn't know there was a mobile game before I read this thread. I just saw the trailed on YT now and what I saw was a "3d anime" that didn't look like shit so it's definitely worth giving it a try.
I'm watching anime since 2012. I also play games, sometimes.

Don't bother me if you want to 'become friends' or things like that.
It's tiresome. I know you just want to collect some meaningless numbers.
Thought: How many people sparked H. Charlotta just for blue pot?
Sep 26, 2018 3:29 PM
Apr 2018
I actually tried it a little when I found out about this show
Oct 4, 2018 5:26 AM

Apr 2017
I think the game doesn't matter in this one. There's really no story in the game, you choose sides then claim sites to grow the faction. As a player, I'm excited to watch this :)
Oct 14, 2018 1:53 AM

Aug 2017
In really hyped for this one. I mean the 3D animations look like they are actually good and that alone is reason enough to watch this!
Oct 16, 2018 3:51 PM
Mar 2018
FzBlade said:
In really hyped for this one. I mean the 3D animations look like they are actually good and that alone is reason enough to watch this!
Exactly this. Also it reminds me of psycho pass for some reason, although I know it'll be nothing like it.
Oct 17, 2018 12:43 PM
Dec 2017
powerhcm8 said:
It's even possible that I watched animes based on games and I don't even know that they were.

Don't be an ass and just discriminate a title because it's 3D and not 2D. Watch Land of the Lustrous.
Oct 17, 2018 1:04 PM

Jun 2015
There's a strange alien power that appeared on our planet. This event spawned two factions: people who want to destroy the power before anything happens, and scientists who want to study it and use it for humanity's benefits. Pick your faction
That's virtually all there is to the story. After you pick a faction it's basically just Pokemon GO but without Pokemon and you're sending little hacking waves to locations that are near you. Quite frankly, it's kinda boring. So I'm interested to see how they'll take the concept of this game and turn it into a sci-fi mystery. Who knows, maybe it turns out good.
Oct 17, 2018 1:05 PM

Jun 2015
THICCDADDY1234 said:
powerhcm8 said:

Don't be an ass and just discriminate a title because it's 3D and not 2D. Watch Land of the Lustrous.
This.
Stop discriminating CG pls
Oct 18, 2018 5:55 PM

Feb 2014
Eh, 3D anime, it's on Netflix so I may watch it next year along with B.
Dec 10, 2022 3:12 AM
Dec 2022
I also played it some years ago, but I suppose it doesn't count number, you must be able to look at this anime while not having played the sport, as it does not have a relevant plot, most effective the development of the two factions among players.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ingress the Animation Episode 4 Discussion

Rod_Russ - Nov 27, 2018

3 by jiajia »»
Jun 14, 2023 1:16 AM

Poll: » Ingress the Animation Episode 11 Discussion

Rod_Russ - Nov 30, 2018

14 by OG_Otaku »»
Feb 26, 2023 9:21 PM

» subs for Ingress the Animation

Chaiwallah - Nov 13, 2018

11 by KasaiKoori »»
Feb 7, 2023 10:06 AM

Poll: » Ingress the Animation Episode 3 Discussion

KANLen09 - Oct 23, 2018

5 by Ronninn »»
Aug 23, 2022 3:23 AM

Poll: » Ingress the Animation Episode 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2018

29 by Ronninn »»
Aug 23, 2022 2:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.