Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 15, 2017 10:51 PM

Jul 2014
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
It was a rather bittersweet ending, but still ended in a good note as Rin was able to die happily. It really sucks that she still dies, as she writes she most likely felt the same way Satoshi felt. But even though she is gone, Satoshi keeps his promise to do the band. I really liked this ending.
Sep 28, 2017 8:21 PM
Jan 2016
bro i cant find chapters 1 to 7 where did you see them?
Feb 10, 2020 2:19 PM
Jul 2019
so she does die in the end ..., maybe i'm not mature enough or something, but real life is bitter enough, i only wanna read stories with happy endings, so i'm gonna skip this one.
Apr 30, 2020 6:16 PM

Aug 2016
The best part were the shimoneta references.
:v
Jul 10, 2020 3:55 AM

Dec 2009
Even though he doesn't reveal his true feelings of love. He lies that he doesn't like anyone, but he does express his affection for her, to which he starts singing the school anthem which makes her hysterically laugh and stop crying.
After they hear Himeko and Rokurou perform alone while they wait for them, they join the band to perform.

Oh, damn. Wait. Was the teacher part of Animato band as well?

Now that their performance is done. She is in the hospital like last time, and he repeats the same question in leading her to reveal that she'll die soon.
After she asks him to continue the band, he gives her the melody they made (Him, Himeko and Rokurou) based on his melody resembled one she loved.

Upon hearing it, she reveals that is the melody. ...As if she's come from the past and somehow forgot about it.
As she cries, he returns to present time. With the letter being different, revealing that she felt the same way as he did, without directly revealing but clearly meaning that she also loved him which he realizes.

Keeping the promise alive. He calls everyone to make a band.

.....And that's the end. Fuck. I was hoping somehow she'd live on.
Why hide their feelings even though she indirectly reveals it in the letter this time, and what was that melody about. ... If she lived in another past as well, I don't understand how that'd relate to her actions and last message. 8/10.

It's quite predictable and not exactly original but I still enjoyed it a lot. Maybe it deserves a 7 though...
Sep 9, 2020 9:15 AM

Jan 2015
I really hoped something miraculous could've happened.
Your life to come is bound to make you smile
May 8, 2021 2:06 PM

Jul 2017
Wait so then why did the series bother emphasizing all those changes in the new timeline if it didn't really mean anything in the end? I had thought the series was alluding that Rin as well had a time leap hence why she's been more concious of satoshi but I guess that's not the case?

Kinda dissappointed with that then but at the same time, I do give credit it didn't just simply use the power of love to save Rin or smth. Oh wellz, this series honestly hovered around 7/10 which could've been 8 with a better ending. But just the way it didn't go the route where Rin also time leaped and instead just went the route where Rin for some reason was in love with satoshi even though the only difference between the 2 timelines is that satoshi treated her slightly harsher, can only give it a 6/10
May 13, 2022 3:47 AM

Jun 2020
Yes Rin can end it happily but I really want one of them to properly confess their feelings... like just imagine you need to hold your feeling to someone until the end, that's really hurt...

Overall it was good, I enjoyed it.
Dec 6, 2022 10:10 AM
May 2017
Good read, the story hints that she time leaped too, but it was never confirmed.

7.5/10
May 9, 2023 3:06 AM
Dec 2016
JoeGP said:
so she does die in the end ..., maybe i'm not mature enough or something, but real life is bitter enough, i only wanna read stories with happy endings, so i'm gonna skip this one.
I 100% agrees with you
It is a good manga indeed but I don't want to read just for the tragic ending
Jun 29, 2023 9:30 AM

Mar 2021
Short_Circut said:
Wait so then why did the series bother emphasizing all those changes in the new timeline if it didn't really mean anything in the end? I had thought the series was alluding that Rin as well had a time leap hence why she's been more concious of satoshi but I guess that's not the case?

Kinda dissappointed with that then but at the same time, I do give credit it didn't just simply use the power of love to save Rin or smth. Oh wellz, this series honestly hovered around 7/10 which could've been 8 with a better ending. But just the way it didn't go the route where Rin also time leaped and instead just went the route where Rin for some reason was in love with satoshi even though the only difference between the 2 timelines is that satoshi treated her slightly harsher, can only give it a 6/10

This confused me too. Why did Rin react so strongly when the MC first confessed to her? At first glance, one could assume that it was against her belief that he should move on or because his feelings made her want to continue living. This is never addressed. Instead, Rin writes that she may have felt the same way about him.

I also believed that she was conscious about going back in time. Unfortunately, this turned out be false. It is possible that Rin was aware of the Prez’s feelings the first time around. It doesn’t explain, however, why she acted differently toward these feelings the second time around. For example, she didn’t abandon the MC at the fireworks the first summer.

It was a great manga, but the author should have made it so that Rin was conscious of the repeating timeline. This would explain a little bit more.
Hi.
Sep 3, 2023 11:18 PM

Aug 2018
Satoshi will keep Rin's promise :')
It was very good.
Jul 3, 6:07 PM

May 2019
i have a question,did she gave up on a complete cure,or was it only a short life extension?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nidome no Natsu, Nidoto Aenai Kimi Chapter 9 Discussion

waalex11 - Jul 10, 2020

0 by waalex11 »»
Jul 10, 2020 3:37 AM

Poll: » Nidome no Natsu, Nidoto Aenai Kimi Chapter 8 Discussion

waalex11 - Jul 10, 2020

0 by waalex11 »»
Jul 10, 2020 3:19 AM

Poll: » Nidome no Natsu, Nidoto Aenai Kimi Chapter 7 Discussion

waalex11 - Jul 10, 2020

0 by waalex11 »»
Jul 10, 2020 3:02 AM

Poll: » Nidome no Natsu, Nidoto Aenai Kimi Chapter 6 Discussion

waalex11 - Jul 10, 2020

0 by waalex11 »»
Jul 10, 2020 2:44 AM

Poll: » Nidome no Natsu, Nidoto Aenai Kimi Chapter 5 Discussion

waalex11 - Jul 10, 2020

0 by waalex11 »»
Jul 10, 2020 2:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.