Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 5, 2010 1:29 PM
Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hm, now what do we have here?

The characters have changed drastically compared to Excess, except maybe Rio who is just not as slender anymore, that's all. Maya has been made into a calm, introverted girl (parts of her maniac personality have been preserved though and given to Yuujis dumped fiancée) and Lilica... well, Lilica still stays a spoilt brat but that's portrayed differently (and I don't like this Lilica, by the way, she becomes annoying with her second appearance). They didn't include Nanvel this time and Yuuji... hasn't changed at all, just got a new role.

The plot has changed a bit, to the better side. Whereas Excess was a police story with much action and many sad attempts to be humourous, Scramble is a funny police story with a great portion of action and yet manages to put some fun into the action. More enjoyable in any case. But too much bare skin for my taste. But I know the rest of you will like it.

To sum it up, this re-telling of a police story is definitely an improvement and should be made like this from the start.
Feb 25, 2010 2:49 AM

Sep 2008
Yes, Mamiko Noto is free once more and even got drunk again <3
I can't believe that they even thought about cuffing her gain though! What kind of people are they?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 26, 2017 6:20 AM

Jul 2008
Rio for best girl.
Jun 12, 2020 2:38 AM

Apr 2013
Felt more like a side story, but I guess it kinda set up a season 2 that never came.

This improved some parts of the previous shows and got worse in other areas. I guess I'll keep the score. 3/10
May 15, 2022 1:02 AM

Sep 2010
Oh, well, classic ending for a classic of its time series.

There is such thing as shit taste. Only idiots think that every "work of art" should have the same value.

Persona anime are good. Deal with it.
Sep 10, 2023 6:46 PM

Sep 2020
So the shadow council all got away and only the Captain/Commander got caught? What about all the evidence Maya was talking about? Certainly, someone's identity would've been known.

But it's finally over, phew! This series was as bland and generic as they come with very few standout moments. If I was the dropping kind then I would have bailed after episode 2.

Why they threw away the winning formula they had with Excess and went with this I'll never understand. What a crummy end to what was a fun franchise.

6 "wish I was psychic so I could've skipped" /10
"You can't decide the future, but I'm going to re-educate you in the past!" - Erna Kurtz

More topics from this board

Poll: » Burn Up Scramble Episode 11 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Feb 25, 2010

3 by SlammyHammy »»
Sep 10, 2023 6:32 PM

Poll: » Burn Up Scramble Episode 10 Discussion

WolfWood37 - Oct 26, 2017

3 by SlammyHammy »»
Sep 10, 2023 6:27 PM

Poll: » Burn Up Scramble Episode 8 Discussion

WolfWood37 - Oct 23, 2017

3 by SlammyHammy »»
Sep 10, 2023 6:21 PM

Poll: » Burn Up Scramble Episode 7 Discussion

WolfWood37 - Oct 23, 2017

2 by SlammyHammy »»
Sep 10, 2023 6:20 PM

Poll: » Burn Up Scramble Episode 6 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Feb 25, 2010

4 by SlammyHammy »»
Sep 10, 2023 6:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.