Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 19, 2009 2:13 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
We sure got to the end quick, the ending isn't really the best. Cecily did manage to win her fight despite not really taking full control of the battle. Siegfried did a pretty good job in fighting Luke so at least it's not a one sided battle^^ I certainly didn't expect Cecily to defeat Siegfried there, but it's more because of the katana i suppose :D
ShanaFlameDec 19, 2009 3:30 AM
Dec 19, 2009 3:41 AM

Oct 2009
I for one found this last episode to be perfect. Emotional exchange was best with Cecily/Siegfried confrontation and Lisa/Luke on the bridge. Mass deaths of the towns people. Luke getting wounded so badly that he barely made the circle to get a magical blade out. Siegfried escaped so season 2 will be there in the future....his assistant got knocked out cold. Mass destruction. More action than before and a ED that tells of the season 2 possibilities. Best part would be the face off of Cecily against Siegfried with Cecily holding Luke's made katana from contract of him and Lisa=> The after effect of that Katana breaking Siegfried sword was pure joy to me here=>
Pure happiness at Siegfried being wounded
and bleeding with a broken piece of the katana....that was really ^_^ and take that Siegfried....but he dissapears so there will be a second season find him and kill him.Interessting enough was Lisa being able to heal=>
Find the Cecily detrmination to protect Luke was far more intense here than any other time=>
Luke/Siegfriend sword exchange was good too but the wound on Luke was bad....really bad.
Aria getting so tired I though she would be dead of exhaustion but she survived and just lost consciouness.
There was a wide variety of monsters like these:
Cecily must be one lucky human to have escaped that blow but at least she got the bad guy really badly to make him KO.
Something interesting about the ED is that Charlotte here
looks to be accepted by the princess of the Militant Country and she looks young also. BTW no ecchi, breast jokes and only pure action makes this the best episode. Overall glad to have started anime with this.
ShanaFlame said:
Siegfried did a pretty good job in fighting Luke so at least it's not a one sided battle^^
z wut? He only was good because of the sword.
ShanaFlame said:
I certainly didn't expect Cecily to defeat Siegfried there, but it's more because of the katana i suppose :D
Yeah it's the katana....might also add Cecily determination.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Dec 19, 2009 3:51 AM

Aug 2009
The series was horrible( ironically I continued to watch to the end). Seshiri was good to nothing, hetare is the word but I don't know the exact meaning it is in english. All she has is a good mouth but can't do anything without Maken Aria. Except the last scene of this episode when Luke gave seshiri his sword and she some how beats Siegfried..

It was ridiculous when Seshiri was talkin as Luke was making that sword and Siegfried was kind enough to wait there standing still for a good 5 minutes. Not only that, but he listened to Seshiri's annoying introduction after she got the sword. I thought that was sort of funny.

From what I see from comments of the novel readers(might spoil for those who plan to read it), Siegfried, at that scene
but since its an anime I suppose they had no choice but to cut that part out. But they could have at least changed the story a bit like have Aria and Seshiri fight against Siegfried as Luke makes the sword and having Aria die as she saves Seshiri from a attack. I say die because I don't even remember seeing another scene from Aria after she took a rest.. Lol So why not have her die, the inspiration would have actually made me cry.

Another comment from a part of the novel readers(I say a part because I'm sure there are people out there who think different which I do respect) is that the anime really raped the actual story in the light novel.

As I was typing all that I finally realize why I was watching this. Lisa was extremely adorable with her Un-tan voice part. I love the scene when she panics because she lost sight of Luke. She says to Seshiri that she lost sight of Luke when she was making a circle. The way she said that was hilarious yet cute~

*Note* I just typed Seshiri how I would type it in Japanese but I'm referring to the main character for those who didn't know who the heck I was talkin about.
porkypinkDec 19, 2009 3:54 AM
[right]

Dec 19, 2009 4:08 AM

Oct 2009
porkypink said:
It was ridiculous when Seshiri was talkin as Luke was making that sword and Siegfried was kind enough to wait there standing still for a good 5 minutes. Not only that, but he listened to Seshiri's annoying introduction after she got the sword. I thought that was sort of funny. From what I see from comments of the novel readers(might spoil for those who plan to read it), Siegfried, at that scene
but since its an anime I suppose they had no choice but to cut that part out.
You serious about that thing in the spoiler? Does he even
I did find it strange that he waited...write to the studio to put that spoiler scene in the DVD/BD
porkypink said:
As I was typing all that I finally realize why I was watching this. Lisa was extremely adorable with her Un-tan voice part. I love the scene when she panics because she lost sight of Luke. She says to Seshiri that she lost sight of Luke when she was making a circle. The way she said that was hilarious yet cute
Ah yes Lisa was very cute but also affected me emotionally also...and you?

Dec 19, 2009 4:34 AM

Aug 2009
francismeunier said:
You serious about that thing in the spoiler? Does he even
I did find it strange that he waited...write to the studio to put that spoiler scene in the DVD/BD

I'm not sure if I got what you meant, but if your asking what actually happened.
It doesn't go that far it's just everyone calls it the
scene, but according to the novel

francismeunier said:
write to the studio to put that spoiler scene in the DVD/BD

Lol! I think I might XD

francismeunier said:
Ah yes Lisa was very cute but also affected me emotionally also...and you?

Yea, It was also really emotional to me when she was crying to Luke about her not being similar to Liza but Luke still accepts her as who she is.
porkypinkDec 19, 2009 4:44 AM
[right]

Dec 19, 2009 5:53 AM

Jul 2008
francismeunier said:
z wut? He only was good because of the sword.
Well duh^^ it's always the swords :P
Dec 19, 2009 12:17 PM

Sep 2007
Fairly good for me.
I enjoy the whole serie for what is it.
It's not like some bulls*** (Kampfer) or 11eeyes...
So i want a second season. :)
Dec 19, 2009 12:33 PM
Nov 2008
Good !
Me wants season 2 NAO ! Fast fast !
Dec 19, 2009 12:48 PM

Apr 2008
It's like Manglobe is forcefully asking for a season 2.

Manglobe, you let me down.
Dec 19, 2009 12:59 PM

Sep 2007
And till the very end Cecily talks non-stop >_>

6/10

Sohei said:

^this
Dec 19, 2009 1:21 PM

Apr 2009
not bad i guess but wasnt really a proper ending. there should be a s2 or at least manga to read..
Dec 19, 2009 1:34 PM

Sep 2008
ok that was fast, it didnt even felt like an ending it felt more like the end of an arc
.....i want S2, and since the purpouse of him being the blacksmith is to seal valvanil, i supose this is only going to end when that happens
well at least she got her katana

i would really buy the dvd just to see the rape scene
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Dec 19, 2009 1:42 PM

Aug 2009
I thought it was okay. It was pretty enjoyable, but I dislike the end, they rushed it way too much. It feels like the ending is incomplete :/
Dec 19, 2009 2:37 PM

Sep 2007
Because it's not a real ending but the end of a arc ...
The Light novel continue.
Zero_r2, i'm not sure they will put the rape scene. ^^'
Dec 19, 2009 2:55 PM
Nov 2009
idk if its because i watched this right after i watched railgun arc ending(which is awesome), but this ending sure was lousy...fighting scenes were short and poorly done, dialogues were dumb and childish, oh and whats up with the forging at the last fight? lol Siegfried just stood there and let them forged a sword just cuz Cecily was standing there with nothin but her arms out tryin to stop him from interfering? seriously? llol..
Dec 19, 2009 3:46 PM

Nov 2008
Meh. When I watched this episode I got the feeling I haven't watched this anime in two months or so despite being last week. Everything was rushed and felt like a lot of stuff was missing. Pretty average animu so I was not expecting a satisfying ending.

On a positive note: +1 completed series baby!
Dec 19, 2009 4:45 PM

Dec 2008
Maximatum99 said:

ROFL that is seriously the only thing good about the show
Dec 19, 2009 5:40 PM

Jul 2008
Average show with good animation at time, entertained me tough.

It look like there'll be a season 2 someday.

Seiken no blacksmith has a very good potential imo but this anime wasted it (bad adaptation or simply the main novel wasn't that good?). Well it wasn't bad but could have been way better and I guess that's the main reason why it get stone throwed at, afterall I don't recall people badmouthing much show like Tayutama when everyone knew it stood as a bad anime and didn't bothered to yell at it.
Dec 19, 2009 5:41 PM

Jan 2008
Zero_r2 said:
i would really buy the dvd just to see the rape scene

There's a rape scene? Damn, that's pretty hard core. I haven't gotten that far in the manga yet.

Overall, not terrible, but not great either. Just another meh anime added to the roster. If they didn't do a second season I wouldn't be all that upset.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Dec 19, 2009 6:41 PM

Jun 2009
it seems like so many people disliked this series D:

I actually enjoyed this anime.
I love how brave Cecily was.
and Luke was very cool
Dec 19, 2009 8:43 PM

Feb 2008
I feel generous by giving it 6/10
Dec 19, 2009 8:45 PM

Apr 2009
It's a good thing I never expected much from this anime.
Dec 19, 2009 8:49 PM

Nov 2007
Ugh, thank god this show is over. If they make a second season I will NOT be watching. :/

Such a disappointment, Manglobe!
Dec 19, 2009 8:51 PM

Jun 2009
FANTASTIC pacing. Having the battle stopped midway so the Spiffy Katana could be forged was brilliant. And the villain waiting patiently for its construction was a MASTERSTROKE.

Now please excuse me while I purge my brain of this memory with some hydrochloric acid.
Dec 19, 2009 9:07 PM

Apr 2008
o-olll wasn't really my type of show ..

well average ending

Dec 19, 2009 9:52 PM

Dec 2007
FOr those that liked the show, you prolly haven't watched anything better. For those that found it average, you're being too kind.
Dec 19, 2009 10:10 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
Sohei said:
It's like Manglobe is forcefully asking for a season 2.

QFT

Syllen said:
Maximatum99 said:
ROFL that is seriously the only thing good about the show
lmao I feel the same way!

Spookt said:
And the villain waiting patiently for its construction was a MASTERSTROKE.
I hate when that happens in anime. It's so stupid. What serious villain would wait for their opponent to get ready!? such failure.

so when's season 2 coming out? I want more Luke and a Luke x Cecily ending:3
edit: 6/10 for me
NaruleachDec 19, 2009 10:13 PM
p r o f i l e 👀
Dec 19, 2009 10:14 PM

Nov 2009
I wanted more of the Halberdier.
Dec 19, 2009 10:15 PM

Jul 2007
The only thing I can say after finishing this is....lmfao.
All the mods fucking blow on this website except Kaiserpingvin, Cloudy-Sky, Baman and aero. PM me if you're actually good and I left you out.

Oh, rule 8...

( ̄ー ̄)
Dec 19, 2009 10:15 PM

Apr 2009
I enjoyed this. :)

Lukeee. <333 He will forever be in my top 10.
Dec 19, 2009 10:43 PM

May 2008
The series was Alright.
Dec 19, 2009 10:53 PM

Sep 2007
Naruleach said:
I hate when that happens in anime. It's so stupid. What serious villain would wait for their opponent to get ready!? such failure.

Dec 19, 2009 11:03 PM

Mar 2009
Well overall, I quite liked it.

Doubt there is a need for a season 2 - not after one, wouldn't mind though..
Dec 20, 2009 12:04 AM
Custom Title

Jul 2009
Why do antagonists always wait for the protagonist to power up/recover/etc when they can very easily finish them off and move on with their plans. -___-

Thank god it's over.
Dec 20, 2009 12:32 AM

Jul 2008
well it leaves it open for another season, and poor cecily, as soon as she gets a katana it gets destroyed in like 5 minutes
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Dec 20, 2009 12:54 AM

Sep 2007
HalberdierRetsel said:
FOr those that liked the show, you prolly haven't watched anything better. For those that found it average, you're being too kind.

It's not because we like that we have bad taste.
If we loved Eiken, so YOU CAN say we don't have watched anything better.
For me, i prefer Seiken no Blacksmith to Railgun (with their loli yuri <_<), 11eyes (yey, bad guys, red world ... Night Wizard ?), Kobato and others things.

So it's not your tastes, ok.
But don't say you know other tastes better then they.

EDIT : Oh, i forgot, Kampfer with his gender bender + yuri.
Dec 20, 2009 1:21 AM
May 2008
I'm not sure if I really like this anime, or do I found it completely bland. I know I like the animation a lot. The fight scenes are cool. The story could be a little bit better if it was longer. The last episode left me with a "what the- is that all?"

7/10
Dec 20, 2009 1:30 AM

Jan 2009
Wasted potential, really. I actually hope that there will be a 2nd season for the series to justify itself, but I don't think sales will be high enough to warrant one.

5.5/10. Pacing of the show has been horrible, and I felt they spend too much time on what I felt was an utterly useless Charlotte E Firoshiber arc.
Dec 20, 2009 4:09 AM

Oct 2007
SunyiNyufi said:
Naruleach said:

I LOLed.

Oh, when did they show us about Aria getting exhausted from using her power too much? Or did they just throw a stone at us?

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Dec 20, 2009 4:26 AM

Oct 2009
Siva said:
SunyiNyufi said:
Naruleach said:

I LOLed.

Oh, when did they show us about Aria getting exhausted from using her power too much? Or did they just throw a stone at us?
I though I showed it with one of my spoilers....

Dec 20, 2009 4:51 AM

Jul 2009
6/10 from me..that's all.. by2

Dang rape scene? better praying for the manga to show it XD
New things to looking forward to in manga of course :))

firefistace01 said:
not bad i guess but wasnt really a proper ending. there should be a s2 or at least manga to read..
There are the manga..it's scanlated up to chapter 4 for now..and Cecily is way much hotter and bad-ass..and no censor..
LaevanteinDec 20, 2009 5:05 AM
Dec 20, 2009 5:06 AM
Jun 2008
This series is a clear testament that Manglobe should never do adaptations and stick to anime-only series.
Dec 20, 2009 5:32 AM
Oct 2009
WOW, WOW, WOW.

That was the lamest fight scene ever. It was almost exactly like the one in the first episode.

I mean there's a monster/Siegfried out to kill you, and you're given the time to freaking forge a sword that can slay them.

Oh right, and Cecily intended to shield Luke with her boobs. It's kinda a shame Siegfried didn't corrode that breastplate at that moment. I mean that would have made sense.

Seriously. What. The. Fuck.

Ending was super anti-climactic. And I mean who didn't expect that to happen? <_<
Dec 20, 2009 5:40 AM

May 2008
I didn't expect much, but it was a really crappy ending.
Dec 20, 2009 6:36 AM
Aug 2009
I didn't think it would be a brilliant ending, but, that ending was REALLY awful.

The villlian just waited for the katana to be forged. And Luke's sword-skills> Cecily's. How'd she win?

6/10 from me.
Dec 20, 2009 6:38 AM

Nov 2008
Really, such a pathetic ending for an already average show.
What was so great about it? Seriously, please, no second season.

At first I didn't get why everyone called this a bad season, but now I've finally realized how right they were. First, Nyan Koi, now Blacksmith..
it's truly a sad list.

A2ZOMG said:
I mean there's a monster/Siegfried out to kill you, and you're given the time to freaking forge a sword that can slay them.

That was definitely stupid. That dude could have killed Cecily ten times already but they were all busy and staring 'ooohh'.. katana forging! C'mon..
Dec 20, 2009 6:58 AM

Sep 2009
SunyiNyufi said:
And till the very end Cecily talks non-stop >_>
Oh Lord XD X XD ...she blabs so much , i guess this is what makes the opponents weak.

maxime1007 said:
Seiken no blacksmith has a very good potential imo but this anime wasted it.
continuation : by not putting Luke as the lead in fights..

A2ZOMG said:
I think siegfried was counting how long Cecily can blab..

"The Sacred Blacksmith" : damn it , the title shrieks for Luke , but where was he ???

I started to watch this show to see Luke fight in apocalyptic battles , and thought maybe he will fight Siegfried but damn Cecily and her dialogues and her irrational winning destroyed it..
Dec 20, 2009 7:28 AM

Aug 2009
The ending is, unpredictable (about the part that Siegfried is stupid enough to wait for Luke to complete his katana forging without interrupt). The ending is crap indeed. :(
Dec 20, 2009 7:36 AM

Oct 2009
desolato said:
Really, such a pathetic ending for an already average show.
What was so great about it? Seriously, please, no second season.

At first I didn't get why everyone called this a bad season, but now I've finally realized how right they were. First, Nyan Koi, now Blacksmith..
it's truly a sad list.

A2ZOMG said:

That was definitely stupid. That dude could have killed Cecily ten times already but they were all busy and staring 'ooohh'.. katana forging! C'mon..

I was thinking more of the line "You can make anything but I am still invincible" then look at what happens Siegfried gets wounded. HA! The novel rape looks better though....someone write to studio to put that in the DVD/BD.
Kleeyook said:
The ending is, unpredictable (about the part that Siegfried is stupid enough to wait for Luke to complete his katana forging without interrupt). The ending is crap indeed. :(
I don't agree on one point.....the part with the credits that shows what happens after....find that informative about what can be in the second season.

Dec 20, 2009 7:39 AM

Dec 2007
ShiroiRyu said:
HalberdierRetsel said:

It's not because we like that we have bad taste.
If we loved Eiken, so YOU CAN say we don't have watched anything better.
For me, i prefer Seiken no Blacksmith to Railgun (with their loli yuri <_<), 11eyes (yey, bad guys, red world ... Night Wizard ?), Kobato and others things.

So it's not your tastes, ok.
But don't say you know other tastes better then they.

EDIT : Oh, i forgot, Kampfer with his gender bender + yuri.

Actually, I am hating 11eyes, and feeling very average to Railgun and Kobato as well. It's just this season. Pure crap. I've been watching anime for years never has there been THIS many failures on my list from a single season. And Kampfer isn't even worth my time watching.

EDIT: Adding Shugo Chara 3 and Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu 2, possibly the worst of the season.
HalRyderDec 20, 2009 7:54 AM
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Should I watch this anime?

Terium - Feb 27, 2017

7 by DINGO_SCUM »»
Jun 19, 1:16 AM

Poll: » Seiken no Blacksmith Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

radiantfire - Oct 2, 2009

194 by a0i-kun »»
Dec 17, 2023 3:03 AM

Poll: » Seiken no Blacksmith Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ShanaFlame - Nov 7, 2009

109 by notmarsman »»
Nov 26, 2023 8:01 PM

Poll: » Seiken no Blacksmith Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ShanaFlame - Oct 24, 2009

100 by yngtadpole »»
Sep 19, 2022 11:30 AM

Poll: » Seiken no Blacksmith Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

francismeunier - Nov 14, 2009

85 by Guts-Valley »»
Sep 15, 2021 2:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.