Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 13, 2015 4:41 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Ah family relationships...

Imo, that itself is like art.
Nice ending overall although the manga's story felt hard to follow at many occasions.
Apr 25, 2016 6:21 AM

Mar 2016
I liked this manga. It was so good *^*
Feb 28, 2019 4:29 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
I don't think I was particularly in the mood to read this, when I read the first two chapters. However, today, I decided to finish it, and I couldn't stop reading. It was a completely difference when I actually felt like reading it. I really liked how the relationship between Theodorus and Vincent was portrayed, it was...multi-layered? Deep? Not sure what the right word is for it, but it was definitely a complicated relationship. I honestly never thought I'd cry reading this manga, but I did in the last two chapters. The mangaka definitely made an interesting take re-writing the story of Vincent van Gogh, not to mention, having the story rewrite Vincent's life into our world's knowledge of van Gogh's life.

I found Theodorus to be a captivating protagonist, his arrogant smirks, his confidence, his drive. It's also quite interesting to see the conflict between the academy and artists who were rejected by the academy. Elitists who believe that normal people don't know what true "art" is. But whether it was the academy, the rejected artists, or Theodorus, everyone agreed that art is beauty. Seeing Vincent's paintings which depicted dark emotions, it sure is difficult to believe that Vincent thought the same way. What an reasoning though the mangaka came up with to explain how come such a person with a bright personality could paint such subjects. Just living is beauty, and somehow that really resonates with me. It's a bit sad they had to fabricate Vincent's whole life into a tragedy so that people would be curious and interested in looking at the paintings of someone who had lived such a life.

Vincent van Gogh has always been one of my favorite painters, as I chose to do my speech in 4th grade on him. Our topic was to act as an historical figure, and honestly, it's surprising to myself that I chose to act out someone who cut off his own ear and committed suicide...um, but yeah, because of this, I enjoyed reading this retake on van Gogh, especially the relationship between the brothers. Theodorus was equally a tragic figure, perhaps the real tragic one of the two.
Mar 6, 2023 7:29 AM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
As if Vincent van gogh had hair.
let alone so much of it.. He was ugly not good looking at all

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sayonara Sorcier Chapter 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2015

0 by Stark700 »»
Oct 11, 2015 12:54 PM

Poll: » Sayonara Sorcier Chapter 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2015

0 by Stark700 »»
Sep 30, 2015 6:14 PM

Poll: » Sayonara Sorcier Chapter 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2015

0 by Stark700 »»
Sep 15, 2015 1:11 PM

Poll: » Sayonara Sorcier Chapter 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2015

0 by Stark700 »»
Aug 30, 2015 4:05 PM

Poll: » Sayonara Sorcier Chapter 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2015

0 by Stark700 »»
Aug 20, 2015 2:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.