Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 28, 2015 11:29 AM

Jul 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Really loved the old-school contorted bodies in pain this episode gived us in the action scenes.

Lyfia

That repaint of
was awesome!

I'm sure I've read somewhere that this series was planned to have another 13 episodes season. Any news about it?

(My first post :3)
Apollo_MadaoSep 8, 2015 12:27 PM
I'll fade away and classify myself as obsolete!
Obsolete!!
Aug 28, 2015 12:40 PM
Jul 2018
Odin looks pretty dashing...

I wonder if we will ever learn more about that Utgarda guy
Aug 28, 2015 3:02 PM

Apr 2008
- what a twist on Lyfia o-O; Even if one doesn't like this show, it made us ask a lot of questions. Andreas you big liar. Lyfia revived the harem to save everybody! And you're right Apollo, old-school Araki-ish distortion action! =D

- MY BOY AIOLOS! (sniff) I thought you turned into a useless pile of scrap.

- We hear too many fresh (or greenhorn?) sounds in voice acting in cartoons these days that it takes a bit of patience and character love to handle this show. An action show where the actors have voiced the characters over twenty years. I'm actually surprised. I think Yasuhara (Aiolos) was a bit better today.
Aug 28, 2015 4:55 PM

Mar 2015
So the new Seiya is wearing the new Odin cloth. Saint Seiya always surprises me with its recycled ideas,when i think they're going to do something new they do the same trash as ever.
TOEI, Saint Seiya was my favorite anime please let it die in peace dont turn it into a souless undead, i'd rather see it dead than see the same thing over and over again.
Aug 28, 2015 9:33 PM

Jun 2012
Lyfia was Odin...DAFAQ?

No surprise in what we saw in Lost Canvas Manga. Well I little surprise becuse who was Lyfia.

Like in Saint Seiya The lost Canvas There female poseidon She host vessel of God of Sea Poseidon like Lyfia She host vessel of God Odin.

God Robe Cloth why in Gold Cloth form Original color it's Blue.

I'm not happy with what they're doing to Odin's Robe. Even if the title for next episode didn't give it away, the God Cloths are the main point of this series, so by going to Airoia the Robe pretty much signed its own death sentence. Loki is going to shatter Odin's Robe, then the Gold Saints are going to come resurrect back, all of their cloths are going to go God Cloth and they'll beat Loki.
salvationhopeAug 29, 2015 1:24 AM
Aug 29, 2015 12:14 AM

Jun 2013
I'm enjoying Soul of Gold so much
That's amazing!
Weakness is a sin!
Aug 29, 2015 5:42 PM

Oct 2011
Odin Cloth Awesome
Aug 30, 2015 10:45 AM

Jul 2009
Aiolia with Odin's cloth was cool, it was also a surprise to know that Lyfia is Odin.
Aug 30, 2015 1:33 PM

Dec 2008
Can't wait to see aiola fight!
Aug 30, 2015 8:53 PM

Jul 2013
Honestly... These series are pretty fucking boring. Saint Seiya needs to die... Or TOEI to stop fucking it up.

I don't feel the same thrill anymore when watching.

6/10 is my rating so far.... It's probably going to drop to 5/10 depending on the ending... Which I'm sure will be predictable as hell.
Aug 30, 2015 9:24 PM

Aug 2013
salvationhope said:
I'm not happy with what they're doing to Odin's Robe. Even if the title for next episode didn't give it away, the God Cloths are the main point of this series, so by going to Airoia the Robe pretty much signed its own death sentence. Loki is going to shatter Odin's Robe, then the Gold Saints are going to come resurrect back, all of their cloths are going to go God Cloth and they'll beat Loki.

Not exactly happy about it either. I mean..why Aiolia? I know he's the hero of SoG but he's also Athena's saint. Wearing Odin's God Robe is just blasphemous.

Just give it to Frodi. I'm really disappointed in Aiolia that he didn't just flat-out refuse it.
Aug 31, 2015 1:10 AM

Aug 2012
il-Palazzo said:
Not exactly happy about it either. I mean..why Aiolia? I know he's the hero of SoG but he's also Athena's saint. Wearing Odin's God Robe is just blasphemous.

Just give it to Frodi. I'm really disappointed in Aiolia that he didn't just flat-out refuse it.

Agree. Frodi is more worthy to wear Odin's God Cloth. Yeah Leo wore it because he's the amazing mc (¬_¬)
VirgoSaint said:
Honestly... These series are pretty fucking boring. Saint Seiya needs to die... Or TOEI to stop fucking it up.

I don't feel the same thrill anymore when watching.

6/10 is my rating so far.... It's probably going to drop to 5/10 depending on the ending... Which I'm sure will be predictable as hell.
Agree once again. The fights became so lame lately. Pretty sure the ending will be predictable for everyone ;P
Aug 31, 2015 2:49 AM

Jun 2012
I hate to admit But As Long Saint Seiya Soul of gold Bandai Figure Toys Sales and blu ray There Gonna be New Saint Seiya Anime.

i hope they Bring Back Saint Seiya The Lost Canvas.
Aug 31, 2015 11:59 AM

Jun 2013
Psh.

In my opinion Soul of Gold was worth it for episodes 4 (Deathmask debut) and 10 alone.
Weakness is a sin!
Sep 3, 2015 2:14 PM

Jan 2008
I'm too busy reminiscing all of Omega's bullshit to notice flaws in Soul of Gold other than its abysmal animation quality (they showed us that ugly Starlight Extinction* TWICE and that's not even beginning of trashy shots in this series).

Soul of Gold feels very old-school to me. Like, those recycled and simple ideas? Saints crying and dying and then crying some more? Saint Seiya not knowing its mythologies for life? All there. I feel like all my nostalgia-fuel for Saint Seiya kicked in and I'm riding on it all the way. Also Deathmask and Aphrodite who may be the best supporting characters in this show. But Aiolia getting Odin's Cloth only because he's main character is super lame. I'm iffy that Frodi didn't get it as he sure deserves it (even he lampshades it!) and it's logical to give it to him, but in the end if you have to give it to Goldies, then at least pick Aiolos. Also for a moment I thought that Lyfia is going to don Odin's Cloth, now that would be awesome.

How convenient that Draupnir resonates with Leo's Cosmo, it would be tad incovenient if it responded only to, say, Shura's!

Apollo_Magnus said:
Really loved the old-school contorted bodys in pain this episode gived us in the action scenes.

Thought I was the only one who noticed: yeah, brings back memories when I watched original Sanctuary arc 12 years ago or so. Ikki's and Shaka's battle was so extreme I remember it to this day.

*corrected by a kind soul (Ha!) down there, because I suck at remembering attack names when QUALITY is involved
CiaraSep 10, 2015 1:13 PM
Sep 4, 2015 3:00 PM

Apr 2008
What can make the show better?

Ehh..I have a feeling SoG might turn out like Elysion and the Odin Robe is useless. Then, we get all 12 Goldies back with God Cloth for one final shot. Again, we have yet to see Aphro's and Aiolos.

Not sure if I want that. Loki could use a nice sunshine barrage.
Sep 4, 2015 11:30 PM
Jul 2015
Ciara said:
(they showed us that ugly Stardust Extinction TWICE and that's not even beginning of trashy shots in this series).

It's actually Stardust Revolution, Aries gold saint's secret technique. The other one of Aries gold saint's combat technique is Starlight Extinction, it is used more often by Mu.
Sep 8, 2015 7:59 AM
Jan 2012
This episode Aioros make a great fighter,but that rest it's in the medium.
Sep 9, 2015 8:09 PM

Jan 2010
2/10 for me until now. Let's see if the show can be even more shitty to the point I rate it 1/10 in the end.
Sep 9, 2015 8:41 PM

Jan 2011
ehhh Odin armor didnt look cool with golden color, Toei quality strikes again, i love Saint Seiya but this just bad, very bad
Sep 10, 2015 7:45 PM

Apr 2008
It's the change isn't it?

And already, sometime this month, Odin Robe Aiolia EX toy figure is coming O.o)!
Sep 12, 2015 12:23 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Loki's Robe is cool, as expected from the God's Armor.

Loki attacked many times, but never screamed the attack's name, like everyone else in the series. I wanna know its name...

"Purple Thunder Ball"?
"Loki's Balls"?

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Dec 16, 2019 4:07 PM

Feb 2015
Lyfia was Odin? Wasn't expecting that.
Pretty cool to see the Odin cloth return from the original asgard arc.
Feb 27, 2020 4:19 AM

Jul 2016
silversaint said:
ehhh Odin armor didnt look cool with golden color, Toei quality strikes again, i love Saint Seiya but this just bad, very bad

Yeah I thought the golden armour ruined it
Feb 23, 2023 5:30 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
wowwwwwwwwwww........... MASTERPIECE !!!
張大です for 張大勇督察

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saint Seiya: Soul of Gold Episode 2 Discussion

salvationhope - Apr 24, 2015

27 by Momoiro_Hime »»
Nov 29, 2023 2:29 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: Soul of Gold Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

salvationhope - Mar 22, 2015

56 by Momoiro_Hime »»
Nov 28, 2023 11:53 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: Soul of Gold Episode 13 Discussion

salvationhope - Sep 25, 2015

34 by iamKetranLang »»
Feb 23, 2023 8:38 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: Soul of Gold Episode 12 Discussion

salvationhope - Sep 11, 2015

29 by iamKetranLang »»
Feb 23, 2023 6:17 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: Soul of Gold Episode 10 Discussion

salvationhope - Aug 14, 2015

25 by iamKetranLang »»
Feb 22, 2023 4:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.