Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 26, 2015 7:16 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
PERFECT!

I lllllllllllove it!

I can always count on Gotou as my favourite character. We finally got Gotou×Shinobu fanservice.

THAT WAS GREAT
Jan 26, 2015 7:28 AM

Dec 2012
Gotou x Shinobu OTP. I just wish they could admit their feelings to each other.
Aug 2, 2015 9:28 PM

Sep 2011
This was the cutest god damn thing ive seen in a while.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 23, 2017 3:16 PM

May 2015
Wow, that episode was PERFECT, by far my favourite episode of Patlabor!
Jul 2, 2019 4:14 AM

Dec 2013
Awesome episode! Goto and Shinobu are always fun to watch.
Feb 27, 2020 2:37 PM

Feb 2017
The lighting on their faces looked weird to me. I guess that's what happens when they're sitting in a poorly lit car.

Aug 24, 2020 11:38 AM

Jul 2008
I love Shinobu, I love her so much. This episode of her and Goto was perfect!
Jul 6, 2021 6:56 AM

Jan 2009
Even within Patlabor this one is a special little gem, 11/10
Sep 5, 2021 1:34 AM
Mar 2021
I actually found this episode pretty disappointing. The setup was alright, and very nostalgic-feeling for me, reminiscent of road trips I have taken in the past. But that's when the uncomfortable feeling started that would not leave for the rest of the episode.

It has been known for a while that Goto had a crush on Shinobu, but his behavior here came off as really desperate and somewhat forceful, with trying to setup a situation in which an outcome favorable to his crush would develop. Going to a love hotel and trying to peek in the bath was not okay and made what could have been a very sweet episode feel uncomfortable, as Shinobu was probably feeling.

Thankfully, at least, Goto mostly behaved himself in the episode, so that's one point in favor for him, but simply acted too weirdly in it and tbh I like him slightly less after seeing this.

Another thing I was wondering about is that this might have been a critique of City Hunter's MC, Ryo Saeba, whose anime ended about the time the production of this episode started?

Regardless, this is the second Patlabor episode I did not enjoy :(
Jan 29, 2023 6:32 AM

Aug 2017
Interestingly enough, there was a famous romcom manga set in Karuizawa too
https://myanimelist.net/manga/12580/Karuizawa_Syndrome

The facial shadows reminded me of those on Patlabor 1 movie.
Aug 6, 2023 12:33 PM

Jan 2008
I'm disappointed they turned Goto into a perv, because he was quite chivalrous for most of the ep. Did we really need to see him try to get a peek at her in the shower? And what on earth was that rapey scene of him looming over her? So unnecessary.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Dec 20, 2023 8:16 PM
Jan 2021
I didn't really "get" this one. Did he have ulterior motives or was he just teasing her? Maybe to make her feel better about her hurt foot? Not sure what he intended to get out of peeking into the bathroom. Like, she had a clear view of the door even if she was in the bath, so... not sure what he expected other than to be seen and anger her? Seemed like a weird prank I'm not understanding. Same with why he asked if she's awake but then approached the bed. Don't know what he was expecting there. But then again this had a rising rotating disco bed so there's a lot of weird stuff going on I'm confused by. Not the best episode imo.

I agree about the earlier post on the lighting. Shinobu looked like she had face wrinkles and looked super old. I didn't even realize it was her at first.
Feb 8, 3:20 PM
Blitzball Player

Dec 2011
Reply to WolfWood37
I love Shinobu, I love her so much. This episode of her and Goto was perfect!
@WolfWood37 Could not agree more!

My heart was practically beating out of my chest at the tension. Minimalism at its finest. Lot of emotions being shown rather than told.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Police Patlabor: The New Files Episode 14 Discussion

ChexGuy - Mar 21, 2013

13 by coloresajenos »»
Aug 6, 8:19 PM

Poll: » Mobile Police Patlabor: The New Files Episode 16 Discussion

Fronzel - Feb 21, 2013

12 by FireRifle64 »»
Apr 16, 9:18 PM

Poll: » Mobile Police Patlabor: The New Files Episode 7 Discussion

Fronzel - Feb 15, 2013

8 by FireRifle64 »»
Apr 12, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Mobile Police Patlabor: The New Files Episode 10 Discussion

zetsu_shoren - Jan 26, 2015

6 by divlyfein »»
Feb 8, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Mobile Police Patlabor: The New Files Episode 11 Discussion

Silent_Four-Eyes - Feb 14, 2017

4 by PrawnGuard »»
Dec 19, 2023 11:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.