Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 4, 2014 3:42 AM

Oct 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Have you noticed that OP sequence in both Advance and Advanced Hen was slightly different every time?
Oct 3, 2015 2:24 AM

May 2014
So far, So Near....gets me everytime T^T really loved this show.
May 10, 2017 6:38 PM

Feb 2014
That was it? The end was a little empty.
This show could have been done in just 12 episodes but the pace was too slow, and they give me this fast end..? =/ Still unclear the intention of that guy who is always smoking, in the end he wanted to just help? It seems.
And Rei was all about her integration into society?
Kojo and Miharu meet was a little too... meh. Waited so much for it... was disappointing.

Anyway, don't get me wrong, someone more missed the fanservice after the first 12 episodes? lol

And what about Karin? He fell for Mikaze? It was just curiosity? It was the still dormant virus inside her? They completely put aside this subject.

Anyway, 5-6 / 10 (probably going for a 6).
TechOtakuMay 10, 2017 6:47 PM
Dec 10, 2017 7:23 AM

Mar 2016
I'm very impressed that they managed to tell a coherent, and sometimes subtle, story over the course of 12 episodes, and basically 3 sets of OVAs. I think this is a strong franchise with a good cast. Definitely memorable.
Mar 13, 2020 4:54 PM
Dec 2014
Cute girls and cool planes. What more could a man want?
Jun 13, 2021 9:36 AM
Apr 2019
This OVA is disappointing, not as good as original. They introduced a lot more characters (new recruits, Ran's parents, Miharu's child, new commander in space station, etc) but didn't have time to go into details on any of them. And way too many story lines (Miharu, her child, Ayamo's family issue, smoking man's relationship with Karin, etc), they didn't have time to go into details on any of these either. And the ending is abrupt, whatever happened to Miharu? Is she still infected? Who freed her? A lot of unanswered questions are left.
Aug 23, 2022 10:49 AM

Nov 2010
Finally, the titular vehicle is finally in use. It only took 22 eps for this show to do so! lol Those aircrafts look sexy btw.

I'm gonna miss Shizuha and the girls so much. The plot is boring, but it's so nice to look at their pretty faces and sexy bodies in uniform!

What was the point of that melodrama since the OVA? Blasting 3 comets as the ending is so unsatisfying. 6/10
Jul 15, 2023 8:43 PM

Dec 2022
Just as great as the first series. Most of the newly introduced subplots and details that I was confused by on the first watch are much clearer on rewatch, so that's definitely improved my outlook on this OVA.
Archean-ReturnMar 5, 4:39 PM

Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

Poll: » Stratos 4 Advance Kanketsu Hen Episode 1 Discussion

Serhiyko - Sep 30, 2014

1 by MizuhoKamui »»
Aug 23, 2022 10:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.