Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 11, 2009 7:26 PM
Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well basquash is becoming more and more known. Didn't expect Sela's mom to pass away... Boo no game...
Jun 12, 2009 6:33 PM

Nov 2008
That was a very odd and rather different episode. Where did all the energy of the previous episodes go? Sure, I understood why Sela and Iceman were subdued, but Dan was uncharacteristically pensive - he hasn't shown that before.

In any event, I hope that they go back to the edginess, energy and comedy again next episode.
Jun 15, 2009 7:27 PM

Sep 2007
I guess they needed a somewhat slower episode to stick in some character development but looks like they'll be back into the usual pace with another match next time.
Jun 15, 2009 8:13 PM
Nov 2008
Well it looks like the recent developments with the director and animator stuff has taken a definite toll on the animation quality. The backgrounds still look good but the characters looked really off and flat.
Jun 15, 2009 10:41 PM

Oct 2007
Looks like things slowed down enough to build up to another climax. I actually kinda liked how this episode built up. Now for the next episode.
Jun 15, 2009 11:10 PM

Apr 2009
DragonMZ said:
Well it looks like the recent developments with the director and animator stuff has taken a definite toll on the animation quality. The backgrounds still look good but the characters looked really off and flat.

I felt it was better than the last episode in that regard though. Regardless, I continue to enjoy this, though the decline is notable.

Next couple episodes should be nice. I expect the usual happenings, plenty of teams that are all kinda silly and based around some crazy gimmick like they all wear their hair in the same style and finish each other's sentences, or they deal primarily in acrobatics. :P
Oooh Miss Alicia
It's our own secret garden
Lesbians at war
Jun 15, 2009 11:47 PM

May 2009
the_muteKi said:
DragonMZ said:

I felt it was better than the last episode in that regard though. Regardless, I continue to enjoy this, though the decline is notable.

I can't say that I noticed much degradation of quality on the prior episode. Then again, my focus was diverted to by the whole ridiculous bit with the horse and tiger. As for this episode, I do agree with what DragonMZ wrote. For instance, I loved the attention to detail on those wind turbines, yet Rouge was noticeably off.

Back to the story, I thought it was fine as a set up episode for the upcoming tourney. The backstory on Sela was nice as was Iceman's (though to a lesser extent). I'm going to go out on a limb and bet that Dan will not run over Rouge next week, breaking the current streak. :p
Jun 16, 2009 12:46 AM

Apr 2008
woo ... their going to play in a place with such strong winds xD cool~

Jun 16, 2009 1:26 AM

May 2008
wow now that was an awesome basquash haha ,the idol red thing is still funny, the name of the next episode is also funny the way iceman said it, league league league

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jun 16, 2009 5:54 AM

Aug 2008
Tampon shop, lol!

Slower, transition episode with a noticeable decline in character animation quality, but I still enjoyed it to some degree. Aka the atmosphere is still there. I wonder if this ep was already created by the new team..

ArcticMech said:
the_muteKi said:
DragonMZ said:

I can't say that I noticed much degradation of quality on the prior episode. Then again, my focus was diverted to by the whole ridiculous bit with the horse and tiger. As for this episode, I do agree with what DragonMZ wrote. For instance, I loved the attention to detail on those wind turbines, yet Rouge was noticeably off.
Both character expressions, movement and physics (the way he bounced the ball sometimes) got a huge hit
Jun 16, 2009 6:03 AM

Aug 2007
Glad i was not the only one noticing the deficient animations. Great scenary but horrible character and ball animations.
Jun 16, 2009 10:18 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Building up for the next episode I guess. Dan actually used his head ^^. Somehow this episode felt different though, hope the next ep will be another great one.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jun 16, 2009 10:19 AM

Feb 2008
Static said:
Glad i was not the only one noticing the deficient animations. Great scenary but horrible character and ball animations.

Yup, I noticed that too. It's a bit disappointing. Hope they come back to the quality in the first few episodes.
Jun 16, 2009 12:06 PM

Jul 2008
Somewhat of a slower episode but we got to learn
hmm from preview do i see Triplets?
Jun 16, 2009 12:39 PM

Aug 2008
What a blah episode. I really hate when shows like this choose to try and paint mysteries around their simple characters when what's really going on is that they only budgeted out so much action for the show and had to have some filler. I despise the notion that character development is used for filler. But it's not like we really got any development in the first place. They just let us know a hair about what influences Sela, and an awkward confrontation with Falcon and Iceman that (as far as it looks) could have happened when they first met in the show.

And why is there no explanation in the change of Iceman's personality!?
Jun 16, 2009 1:20 PM

May 2009
Kinda disappointed that the animation quality for the characters has lowered, but I still enjoyed the episode a lot. There were some funny moments and I loved the part where he threw the ball through the city.

Tampon shop~ ;?
Jun 16, 2009 7:11 PM

Jul 2008
noteDhero said:

And why is there no explanation in the change of Iceman's personality!?

i believe it was Dan , not too sure tho some1 answer =D

stAtic91 said:

Tampon shop~ ;?

o looks like i wasnt the only one that noticed it >_<
was like "wtf? random subbin ftw?"
Jun 16, 2009 7:22 PM

Aug 2008
Nope, Iceman was already acting like this in the desert right after they left that town, before Dan caught the ball.
Jun 16, 2009 8:10 PM

Dec 2006
Damn, that was shit.
リスト 。。

Jun 16, 2009 11:39 PM

Feb 2009
next epd certainly looks promising

too bad about sela's mom, one of the highlights of the episode.
Jun 18, 2009 8:07 AM

Aug 2008
Anyone noticed a change of vocal for the opening song?
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
Jun 18, 2009 3:42 PM

Oct 2007
^Yea I did too. It was one person instead of the normal three I believe.

There was also a degrade in animation quality too. Slow episode so meh.

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Jun 19, 2009 12:52 AM

Apr 2008
It was an Okay ep, good to see a bit more info on Iceman and Sela.
Animation was a bit weird at parts though.

Breath||
Jun 20, 2009 3:26 PM

Dec 2007
Well, I enjoyed this episode because we learned about Sela’s past and her mom. If possible, it needs to have more character development because there are too many characters. I’m glad to see cute Rouge in that episode.
Jun 27, 2009 5:11 PM

Apr 2009
Yeah some character development on Sela but i would like to see more on her, iceman and rouge in terms of developmnet!
Overall an OK episode..

Jul 29, 2009 12:24 AM

Jul 2008
apparently sela's mom passed away and thats her hometown, which dan keeps calling the wrong name; and it seems that james guy is trying to lure dan into the league
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Feb 24, 2017 11:38 PM

Feb 2015
Nice to see a bit of backstory on Sela on Iceman this ep.

Jul 9, 2021 12:35 PM

Jul 2015
Learned something new this episode from Dan, when mishearing things just the right way one can hear Championship as Tampon shop. Bit of character development for Sela with her past and also Icemane interacting with Falcon but nothing much else.

Jul 26, 2023 6:46 AM
Oct 2022
Really no one said that dan changed in the last episode? Before he wanted to destroy basketball championships because they didn't play real basketball and they had done that to his sister. He changed, saw that the problem was with himself in the last episode and so he wants to face it by trying to at least play in something similar to the OCB league.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Basquash! Episode 13 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jun 25, 2009

37 by mahoazuma »»
Jul 26, 2023 8:47 PM

Poll: » Basquash! Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

lueser - Oct 1, 2009

63 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 16, 2023 7:42 PM

Poll: » Basquash! Episode 10 Discussion

dbaranyi - Jun 5, 2009

39 by Archean-Return »»
May 29, 2023 4:28 AM

Poll: » Basquash! Episode 25 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Sep 25, 2009

24 by Unkrowned »»
Jul 10, 2021 9:56 AM

Poll: » Basquash! Episode 24 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Sep 18, 2009

33 by Unkrowned »»
Jul 10, 2021 9:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.