Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 14, 2017 1:53 PM

May 2014
I never thought I'd see the Straw Hats looking so...weak.

These can't even be considered fights at this point, they're just unsuccessfully looking for an escape route. I like it a lot though- not a lot of shounen anime do this sorta thing...felt like I was watching an episode of Hunter x Hunter or something- I really can't believe the direction this arc has taken since the rescue of Camie.

I've been wondering where all the people Kuma touches with his ability disappear to and I guess we'll be finding out soon judging by that preview.

Maybe Zoro will end up in the same place as Perona??

Poor Luffy though- It must be frustrating as hell just having to watch all this go down.

This episode is definitely in my top 10 of OP so far, and that's saying something.
Honestly these last two arcs have been insanely good.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 2, 2017 1:29 PM

Jun 2015
Everyone is getting beaten up and the old man isn't enough to defend them all. He can't create shadow clones.

Zoro

Zorooooooooo

What have you don't to Zoro? Give him back.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
May 8, 2018 4:11 PM

Mar 2017
Rayleigh was so cool ghad.

AND

ZOOOOOOOOOROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Jan 31, 2019 6:31 PM

Jun 2016
Kid and Law showed off another way to defeat the Pacifista's, to tear into their armour and destroy their wiring. Interesting, either explosives in the mouth or tear them open and cut them up from the inside that way.

This episode was masterful at showing the love the Straw Hats have for eachother. From the little moments like Robin trying to pull Zoro from Kizaru out of desperation, to Luffy's tears as he was saved. Or in the huge moments, like Sanji tugging on the Pacifista's leg like Usopp did for his town in the Khaladore arc, or Brook's "all for one!" speech showing just how strong he is under pressure, he's certainly a trustworthy and great comrade already.
But my personal favorite two moments regarding the nakama bond proudly on display were Usopp carrying Zoro on his back and Chopper going monster mode.

Remember back in the Arlong arc when Usopp and Jonny(or was it Yosaku) retreated off the boat they were on and let the tied up Zoro be captured when the fishmen raided them? Normally the Usopp / Zoro dynamic is Zoro showing his love for Usopp in small ways and pushing him to improve and get over his weaknesses, or consoling him. Here we finally had a time where Usopp could shine when it comes to Zoro. Rather than leaving him behind like the old Usopp did, he carries him on his back and refuses to put him down even on request. This is so sweet. It shows how Zoro would rather die or attempt to fight on the last legs he’s on than put his crew in this much danger, and it shows Usopp’s determination for keeping him safe. It’s really awesome to see him protecting Zoro for once. :)

My other favorite as mentioned was the Chopper moment. Chopper was so pained to see everyone losing, every moment you saw him he was full of tears and panic. And when he saw the situation as it was, Zoro, Usopp, Brook, and Sanji's life on the wire he didn't even hesitate to throw himself into chaos. Instead of being forced into using too many rumble balls like last time, this time he ate a mouth full and OD'd on purpose. He knows the small chance they have to escape is whittling and, like I said last thread someone may be a sacrifice, Chopper took that on himself by throwing his reason out the door for power in this situation. If he can do anything to help his dear friends escape he will. And that came through so much with the brief and sudden shot of him filling his mouth with rumble balls. I literally cried, his actions spoke so much more than words ever could.

The other incredibly powerful part of this escape episode for me was Luffy's reactions. From his teary eyed gratefulness that Zoro didn't die.
To his looks of desperation.
And finally to his screams and commands. Luffy is normally the guy who goes headfirst into everything, his plans are not “smart” but they are straightforward and to the heart of the issue. His nakama plan around him. Yet here you can see on his face and you can hear in his orders the absolute desperation he feels. It comes through so strong!!! I wouldn't have ever thought I'd hear Luffy so resigned to battle. And it's because he knows if they stay here everyone he loves will friggin die. He's taken a role he doesn't usually take and that's being the smart guy. He's not punching these enemies in the face. He's on the brink of tears due to the hopelessness of the situation and the danger he and his friends are in. My gosh, even Luffy himself can’t have hope and believe in the impossible right now. This episode is bringing out amazing sides from everyone. Seeing everyone risk their own lives to protect Zoro is so moving...

One good thing to come out of this no matter what: Luffy developed gear 2 and 3 due to his loss against Aokiji when he realized he couldn't protect his nakama as he was. It was a hard loss that made him develop into a far stronger person than he was before. The one thing we can be sure is going to come out of this is Luffy will train very hard so this never happens again. Perhaps we'll get a gear 4.

But where do we go from here... Rayleigh is holding Kizaru off(the kun makes me think they are long time acquainted). Monster Chopper has started holding off Sentomaru. If Kuma hadn't shown up it seems like they would have created a real opening to escape. But, I feel like Kuma may have just teleported Zoro to safety.. He teleported him somewhere. And I'm going with safety since he took a liking to him on their last confrontation. But I can't be for sure on this.. I guess we must really understand what Kuma's goal is here to understand that. If he's a friend he may be their savior. If he's an enemy I think it’s lights out. That said, Kuma intentionally saved Zoro yet again by telling the Pacifista to stop then teleporting him. If he wanted Zoro dead he could have simply let it finish him off.. I also wonder if Robin could snap Sentomaru's neck if she was very sneaky about it. This is still very grim though.......
Dec 21, 2019 4:18 AM
Jul 2019
Wcale nie płaczę, wcale ! Jestem mężczyzna, nie płaczę !!!
May 18, 2020 9:46 PM
Feb 2020
In my opinion the most heart wrenching episode to date the way luffy falls apart as each crew mate falls to kuma is amazing then you get to look inside luffy's head and you see all the flash backs of each crew member really giving you a feel for how much luffy cares for his friends for it to end and luffy looks up to kuma and all he can do is cry and then the episode ends.

ODA is the GOAT
Aug 5, 2020 7:35 PM

Mar 2020
Omfg hell yeah, Monster Chopper!!

But, Zoro :(
Aug 6, 2020 4:51 AM

May 2016
Even with Rayleigh's help in occupying Kizaru so he won't kill everyone for real in an instant, one bad thing after another keeps happening to the Straw Hat crew...

The real Kuma went ahead and poofed Zoro out of there but as dreadful as that looked, literally anywhere is better than where they are at his state. This might be a blessing in disguise for the desperate crew for all I know.

Sep 15, 2020 7:04 AM

Dec 2007
first i thought - how can you beat a guy made of light and if he even have weakness, but then reilyigh came.

damn, what turn of events, now the real kuma comes and teleport everyone?

next episode going to be touching.
Oct 28, 2020 11:38 AM

Sep 2019
Fuck! That was breathtaking episode.
Zoro better be ok!
Jan 20, 2021 6:15 PM

Oct 2020
seeming like 405 will be the last one instead of 957.
May 19, 2021 9:40 PM
May 2012
Wow they haven't been this utterly defeated before, such a sight to see. Well done.

ghostlyron said:
seeming like 405 will be the last one instead of 957.

Wonder what the remaining epsidoes will be about then.
May 27, 2021 5:03 AM

Jun 2019
Don't worry Zoro got lost again. But damn... shit's really intense at the moment.
Jul 6, 2021 11:20 PM

Dec 2012
Episode 404 = The HTTP 404, 404 Not Found
Clever!

Mar 23, 2022 4:16 AM
Jul 2018
one of the best episodes the Animation was amazing and I have to say those guys are just too strong
removed-userSep 9, 2022 10:10 PM
Jun 18, 2022 7:19 AM

Jan 2021
Bro that chopper transformation is still insane and when the Kuma’s clone was scanning Chopper’s Berserk mode I wanted his scanner to read Cotton Candy Lover Chopper instead of question marks
Aug 10, 2022 12:13 PM
May 2022
well, I wasn't expecting Chopper to use that again...
Aug 12, 2022 12:36 PM

Dec 2018
really solid episode, despite it taking 7 minutes to get to the damn show
chopper fucking turned into a wendigo lol
Aug 25, 2022 2:43 PM

Apr 2018
Omg! This was so epic! I did not expect Rayleigh to return so soon! My goodness Chopper!!!! T_T Everyone, please be okay! I'm sure the real Kuma sent Zoro somewhere safe, but gosh is he scary.
You know it's serious when Luffy is telling everyone to escape.
Sep 15, 2022 9:18 PM
Jan 2021
Great ending to an entertaining episode. 405 was even better, and more sad
Sep 24, 2022 12:31 AM
Jun 2022
Rayleigh's entry was 🔥🔥
Oct 20, 2022 3:00 PM
Oct 2022
Best episode so far.
Feb 19, 2023 11:26 AM
Sep 2020
He just disappeared? where to exactly wow, what an episode!! are you kidding me
Mar 22, 2023 12:55 AM
Mar 2020
what an episode, just wow
Jun 6, 2023 2:34 AM
Oct 2019
Rayleigh Epic entrance 🔥

No way, what happened to Zoro?
Jan 21, 5:51 AM

Oct 2019
Nahh this Chopper's form is still terrifying to me...
Mar 5, 11:04 PM
Jan 2021
Who the hell is Steve Jobs
Apr 25, 10:46 PM

Dec 2022
the tension is just fucking incredible
May 17, 1:27 AM

Jun 2017
looks like this arc is the pivotal point from which the anime would be graduating itself from conviction equals all battle manga.
Iam liking the evolution of Luffy into the role of a real captain.
He isn't throwing tantrums,accepted the hopelessness and figuring out strats to pull themselves out of the mess,together.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» The one piece

Danger_Hunter81 - Yesterday

21 by Rahat_Dpi »»
39 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 86 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kaizokuou - Sep 22, 2009

92 by leafdrops »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Longer running comedy gag than Sanji's "fall for every girl he sees" shtick?

GakutoDeathGlare - Jun 3

27 by KitsuFrost »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1015 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 23, 2022

486 by dusty22 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 380 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

VK11 - Dec 7, 2008

113 by AkiraxToru »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.