Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 20, 2019 5:46 AM

Jun 2016
UMMMM, OKAY, I THOUGHT SHAKKY WAS EXAGGERATING BY SAYING RAYLEIGH WAS 100X STRONGER THAN LUFFY BUT NOW I'M THINKING THAT HE IS TOTALLY ONE OF THE STRONGEST MEN IN THE WORLD. He was Rodgers right hand man!!!!!!!!!!! Wow!

This has probably the most interesting plot in One Piece in terms of the directions it can go and I love it. I am having a hard time predicting where the heck it will go. It could be satisfying in so many different directions. That said, I'm predicting, seeing that Kid suggested buying a slave that seemed interesting, that his crew may buy Camie and that would trigger a villain for the arc, a whole crew in fact. At the very least it could start with getting Camie back from him.

I am so shocked by the way. 360 something episodes later we finally understand Arlong's motives. He wasn't the racist one discriminating against humans, he was a discriminated person with a lineage of slavery and persecution purely for being a fishman, being rejected the MAN in their name and being labelled an animal, a fish. He was lashing out probably for himself and his treatment and his ancestors. He hated humans and it was never clear why he did, it wasn't clear why he wanted to take back the world for fishmen and show their superiority but now... it seems like Disco-san is even worse than him. He's coming from the oppressors side, not the victims side like Arlong. This does not justify Arlong but it does make it clear why he felt so strongly the way he did. We even saw Disco smack Camie and call her a lousy fish, still classifying her as an animal. This is seriously so awesome and it totally went through Nami's head too. Those strong fishmen who tormented her were the real victims? WOW!!!! I love that it all ties back to Arlong and merfolk's place in the world.

Zoro may not do all that much for other people but he's certainly good natured, all the way back to the scene where he ate the dirty food the little girl made for him. :) He was real pissed off by the people suggesting not even helping someone for being a slave, and he did bring him to the hospital after all. It's so Zoro for him to get lost and find his way to the rest of the crew still with no clue what's going on at the auction house. I can't wait for that.

I also LOVED how Luffy finally decided that Hachi, Papug, and Camie were his tomodachi(not nakama but friends regardless)! Papug was crying and Hachi was so worried and their love for Camie came through strong. Further Luffy realized his new friends were regretting letting one of them reach their dream because other people in the world discriminate against her and make it unsafe for her. Someone can't achieve a dream they've had since they were a kid, something harmless that would bring them to tears because other people just don't like them or want to use them for profit. When it comes to people Luffy likes that won't stand. I loved how he yelled at them to stop crying, THEY WILL SAVE CAMIE! SO STOP CRYING!!! :D I can't imagine he was too happy seeing human beings being sold either.

P.S. It's very Brook to make the best of his time waiting for Sanji even in a tense situation, this is nothing compared to the years he spent on his ship.
Jul 31, 2020 1:26 PM

May 2016
The lighthearted moments of the Straw Hats and the Rosy Life Riders as they looked for their friend were very amusing to watch but I was absolutely disgusted at how they all treated Camie in that human auctioning house. Rayleigh saving her with his Haki and turning out to be Gold Roger's right-hand man was such an awesome moment though!

Saobody is a real mess even in shithole standards and it's very damn hypocritical for the World Government to support Fishman Island while at the same time supporting the Celestial Dragons who see both humans and fishmen as nothing but animals.

Aug 5, 2020 8:25 AM

Mar 2020
Okay, the ending has got me pumped up!
Aug 5, 2020 8:30 PM

May 2020
Oh boy, Zoro is gonna go to Grove #1 and end up running into troble!
Sep 14, 2020 8:10 AM

Dec 2007
didn't see that end coming!

zoro sure takes his time while everyone looking for camie...
May 26, 2021 4:19 AM

Jun 2019
Oh boy... this is fuckin' hype. Poor Camie.
Jul 6, 2021 9:33 AM

Dec 2012
Here we go.. Silver Rayleigh

Aug 10, 2021 10:08 AM

Aug 2021
Holy shit it's mindblowing

Gol D Rogers vice captain who'd expected this aaaaaaaaaaearraerrhh
Apr 18, 2022 10:26 AM

Oct 2020
Wait...so the guy they're trying to find was Gol D. Rogers, right hand man ? damn !
Also, this arc is kinda disturbing if you think about it, showcasing how Slavery and discrimination goes.
But holy shit, is it getting interesting !
Jun 17, 2022 3:09 PM

Jan 2021
So that’s the old man who can coat the ship and he’s captain Rogers right hand he used an ability called Haki things are really getting interesting
Aug 22, 2022 3:59 PM

Apr 2018
Omg... That ending surprise :O!
Jan 24, 2023 2:22 AM
Aug 2021
loved it, the best
Jun 5, 2023 2:49 AM
Oct 2019
Bruhh Human Shoppe and Human Auction House? This is fcked up!!

Holy Shit Former Vice Captain for Roger??
Jul 5, 2023 1:15 PM
Jul 2018
I wonder why Silvers became a slave? Surely he could’ve killed the kidnappers but maybe he wanted to do some espionage on the celestial dragons.
Aug 4, 2023 9:19 AM

Oct 2019
OMG WHAAT

Rayleigh was the Vice Captain of the Roger Pirates??? I'M SO EXCITED FOR WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT. 
Jan 1, 3:31 AM

Dec 2022
Rayleigh looks super cool and I'm excited to see more of him. This arc is shaping out to be really exciting. There is so many powerful pirates around and aton of action is on the horizon.

Apr 23, 11:33 PM

Dec 2022
"it's because scum rules the world that new scum is born"
RAYLEIGH BABY HERE WE GO
May 13, 1:47 PM

Jun 2017
things turning real inteesting
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Why the pacing of the One Piece anime is actually good.

GoatPieceLuffy - Yesterday

31 by Sannin_No_Zoro »»
51 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1106 Discussion

IzanaSolos - May 25

39 by kyledluffy »»
4 hours ago

» One Piece Egghead feel likes Oda was inspired by JoJo!

GoatPieceLuffy - Yesterday

10 by GTRaijin »»
8 hours ago

» Toei didn't improve anything after time skip beside the artstyle and animation

Reckless_weeb - May 26

48 by Kech_xd »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 921 Discussion ( 1 2 )

alphazero4um - Feb 8, 2020

53 by aliakbar016 »»
Yesterday, 12:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.