Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 9, 2014 11:50 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So I guess the ending was a bit open ended. Charles' records were destroyed with his recognition of the operation he undertook. Shame though since he made quite a name for himself in the eyes of Fana.

I think in ways, Charles was also in love with her.

Great novel overall, 8/10. I did wish Charles made one last appearance in the form of a memory or some sort though but I can deal with this as well because like the author says: "It is a story of these two that takes place over one summer—a story of love and aerial combat."
Aug 10, 2014 12:28 PM

Apr 2013
This LN was utterly disappointing. While it was well written (as in, sentences were well writen compared to most LN, the flow of the text was good), that's about all I can say for good points.

Clichés and plain characters, predictable romance development, not a single correct plot twist from start to finish, every single moment was predictable long before it happened, including the final scenes with the use of the reward, everything. None of the world peculiarities were explained properly. This is one of the poorest world building I ever saw, we know NOTHING. Most of those aerial battles were crap, as most of the time the hero was relying either on luck or on a ridiculous 6th sense, that last thing was a true deus ex machina during most of the novel.

As for the world building, I have my hope that we'll know more in the second series (haven't seen the anime, but I have the LN) so this part can still be saved by the author. The rest? A complete failure. With this novel, I'm under the impression that the author knows how to write a good text, but doesn't know how to write a good story, and doesn't know how to create good character/build a fictional world either.
I hope I'm wrong on the 3 points and that his later series are better. If they aren't, then I just wasted my money.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Tsuioku Chapter 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2014

0 by Stark700 »»
Jan 9, 2014 11:44 PM

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Tsuioku Chapter 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2014

0 by Stark700 »»
Jan 9, 2014 11:38 PM

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Tsuioku Chapter 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2014

0 by Stark700 »»
Jan 9, 2014 11:27 PM

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Tsuioku Chapter 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2014

0 by Stark700 »»
Jan 9, 2014 11:11 PM

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Tsuioku Chapter 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2014

0 by Stark700 »»
Jan 9, 2014 10:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.