Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 7, 2013 11:07 PM
Jul 2013
So I kind of want something similar to Case Closed/Detective Conan in the sense that there's smaller cases that are leading up to a huge one, but I don't want it to be seriously long, like maybe 20-30 episodes at most???

I also don't mind thinking a lot over series so I don't mind it being overly confusing in the beginning or the end (I'm thinking of paranoia agent haha)

I'm pretty good at dealing with 'annoying character' and not caring whether it's subbed or dubbed, but I don't want it to be fanservice ALL over the place.
Nov 7, 2013 11:10 PM

Mar 2012
Tantei Gakuen Q (slightly under 50 episode)
Gosick (24 episode)
NeoAnkaraNov 7, 2013 11:13 PM
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Nov 7, 2013 11:12 PM

Sep 2013
Death Note
Monster
Nov 7, 2013 11:18 PM

Apr 2013
Spiral and
NeoAnkara said:
Tantei Gakuen Q (slightly under 50 episode)
Gosick (24 episode)

Hyouka is kind of detective but still has good simple mysteries in it.

Nov 7, 2013 11:27 PM
Jul 2013
wow, thanks for the fast responses!

Tantei Gakuen Q sounds really good, even if it's a bit long (i've gotten too used to short animes haha) but the reviews got me pumped!!! Gosick sounds good too, and it's in my range so that's even better *A*

I read the Death Note manga and watched the live action films (I used to own them actually) but I don't actually remember if I ever finished the anime...but as for monster it sounds super long, but super good! gotta feel bad for that doctor from what I read in the summary!

I've actually heard of spiral, but I forgot to look it up before typing this long message (i'm actually on my wii so it feels long) so i'll look it up and hope there haven't been more replies
Nov 8, 2013 12:59 AM

Oct 2013
Hiryu12 said:

Hyouka is kind of detective but still has good simple mysteries in it.

I second this. Hyouka is good when you want a fun mystery, but also want to kick back and watch a school anime.
Nov 8, 2013 1:08 AM

Mar 2008
Hyouka isn't very Psychological though, it's more like slice of life fluff.

I recommend Psycho-Pass.
Nov 8, 2013 1:10 AM
Apr 2013
Un-Go
Nov 8, 2013 1:10 AM

Jan 2009
i second Psycho-Pass
Nov 8, 2013 2:44 AM
Nov 2013
The best I could recommend is "Death Note" it has a lot of investigation going on it and believe me the case is a BIG one ^^ Trust me you will be confused as to whether sympathize or hate the main protagonist.
Nov 8, 2013 3:18 AM

Oct 2013
UMINEKO
Nov 8, 2013 4:17 AM

Jun 2010
Kindaichi Case Files it is!
there's a lot of similarities sweety, you'll like it. hopefully. cause i'm a BIG Case Closed junkie and I was hooked in watching Kindaichi.

it's more than 20-30 episodes but... there's no major plot unlike Shinichi's involvement with the Black Org. Each case is fairly interesting and well-executed. It has been one of my go to anime whenever i feel bored and wanted to exercise and tickle my brain for a bit. ;']
Nov 8, 2013 4:31 AM

May 2009
shin_caroline said:
there's a lot of similarities sweety, you'll like it. hopefully. cause i'm a BIG Case Closed junkie and I was hooked in watching Kindaichi.

it's more than 20-30 episodes but... there's no major plot unlike Shinichi's involvement with the Black Org. Each case is fairly interesting and well-executed. It has been one of my go to anime whenever i feel bored and wanted to exercise and tickle my brain for a bit. ;']

Most of it is not subbed though.
Nov 8, 2013 5:23 AM

Jun 2010
bergil said:
shin_caroline said:

Most of it is not subbed though.

yes... unfortunately.. :'( but kissanime has upto 63 episodes subbed.

More topics from this board

» Early Toei Movies

Lucifrost - Mar 8

5 by Lucifrost »»
32 minutes ago

» Ainu

Lucifrost - 39 minutes ago

0 by Lucifrost »»
39 minutes ago

» Recommend a masterpiece I haven't seen yet

phantom346 - 11 hours ago

4 by 8oomer »»
2 hours ago

» Recommended anime that has DBZ style fight scenes?

Jetstreamraiden2 - Sep 22

8 by deg »»
Today, 7:53 AM

» Anime as good as Evangelion/Utena?

Thecutedog - Sep 23

34 by nyugvo6 »»
Yesterday, 6:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.