Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 9, 2013 7:29 AM

Aug 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This has got to be one of the darkest episodes yet. I have no idea what Yugi is going to do about this.. but he better have a plan.
Mar 16, 2014 6:14 PM

Oct 2012
I thought the same. Marik is pretty sick... pretty surprising for a kids-show, but I like that. This life points attacking with magic-cards is pretty effective, but I guess Yugi will use the Red Eyed B.Dragon to get Joey's conciousness back and get an advantage. Or he'll fusion it with his Summoned Skull. I love that fusion.
Nothing much to say besides that, it always looks like Yugi got no chance, but he'll draw the right card eventually :D
Sep 16, 2016 6:15 AM
Jan 2012
I worried about Anzu(Tea in portuguese).
Liked the idea to battle again joe vs yugi because is constructed different of arc of pegasus.
I hope one intense duel next episode. the begin of duel and first turn's is more previsible,but feeling difficulties of yugi.
May 13, 2017 2:53 PM

May 2012
Yugi sure is in a pinch! I wonder how he'll work himself out of this!
Aug 6, 2017 8:28 PM

Aug 2013
I'm legitimately surprised 4Kids left in falling into the sea, I was expecting Marik to mention there being some sort of portal to the shadow realm just underneath the water.
Feb 21, 2020 8:45 PM

Nov 2017
Yuugi and Jonouchi are dueling, but this is NOT the kind of duel either would want.

Jonouchi is being possessed by Marik and Anzu is held hostage. Huh, so Battle City rules ban magic cards that directly attack the player's life points.

The duel has only started and it's already turning out to be the most intense duel in this arc
May 5, 2020 7:31 PM

Nov 2009
Jonouchi playing burn cards instead of dice cards, what a sad turn of events.
Oct 13, 2021 12:18 PM

Aug 2019
I'm guessing that Jounouchi's new deck was stacked, because the odds of him drawing 2 copies of Hinotama within just the first couple of turns would've been pretty low otherwise. It also made me laugh that he used Raigeki just to get rid of one monster.

That aside, I loved that Marik foreshadowed Rishid's deck type and also that Marik's plan remained just as cruel as in the manga, maybe even more since he was holding Anzu hostage while threatening to have her crushed to death, while in the manga she had a poison capsule instead.
Dec 25, 2021 1:35 AM

Jan 2020
Malik could've kill Yugi anytime he want, but he goes through the trouble of settling it with an unfair card game, this is just a sad way of revenge....
Dec 26, 2021 6:44 PM

Aug 2019
Malik could've kill Yugi anytime he want, but he goes through the trouble of settling it with an unfair card game, this is just a sad way of revenge....

He did make it clear that he wanted Yugi (Yami Yugi) to suffer. He didn't care about Yugi (the host body) that much and was after revenge by setting up plans that involved Yami Yugi suffering before he died. That was Marik's whole shtick in the early Battle City arc.
Apr 13, 2022 9:32 PM

Nov 2010
Yugi is too nice. He could've used Slifer as a bargaining chip as well. Maybe he isn't aware that if that card is destroyed, Malik wouldn't be able to complete his becoming the Pharoah plan, right?

Honda is so touchy towards Shizuka. hehe

That burn deck is cool. It reminds me of Red Aggro decks in MTG which is my favorite.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 49 Discussion

EvianBubble - Sep 12, 2010

16 by -DxP- »»
Yesterday, 8:33 AM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 45 Discussion

EvianBubble - Jun 25, 2010

13 by -DxP- »»
Yesterday, 4:39 AM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 42 Discussion

EvianBubble - Jun 23, 2010

13 by -DxP- »»
Yesterday, 3:04 AM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 39 Discussion

EvianBubble - Jun 22, 2010

13 by -DxP- »»
May 24, 3:19 PM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 37 Discussion

EvianBubble - Jun 22, 2010

10 by -DxP- »»
May 23, 1:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.