Forum Settings
Forums

Why do people want to be mean to each other on purpose

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 12, 2013 3:23 AM
Jan 2013
daintybiscuit said:
i think people are mean b/c they have anger in their hearts - and deep inside, may hate themselves.

That's like saying that people who start a war in real life actually wanted to kill themselves not others ...
Jan 12, 2013 3:26 AM

Oct 2012
ChingChongChang said:
daintybiscuit said:
i think people are mean b/c they have anger in their hearts - and deep inside, may hate themselves.

That's like saying that people who start a war in real life actually wanted to kill themselves not others ...

Maybe they do :O PLOT TWIST
"He's not dead, he's Katsura."
Jan 12, 2013 3:38 AM

Nov 2009
KaiserNazrin said:
Because they are tsundere.

Jan 12, 2013 5:01 AM
Nov 2012
theres many reasons but mainly:
Friends- because its funny to piss each other off
someone you love or like- bit different to friends but kinda the same thing. its funny and cute when you see your girlfriends gets abit annoyed or angry when you be mean or tease them
personality- because you like to be mean purely for fun
or because your a bully
Jan 12, 2013 6:16 AM

Feb 2009
People are rarely mean for no reason.

The wife pisses you off and chances are you are not going to be nice to anyone at the office.

You are late for school and chances are you might not be the most friendly when you find out you are also late for a test.

You have a splitting head ache and chances are you are not interested in someone not noticing and asking you to do something they could have done themselves.

You just lost your job, and it's likely you are not in a very generous mood.

Just had some dick slam on the brakes in front of you and rear ending him is unlikely to make you very friendly.

I am not mean by nature, but I can be entirely nasty some days simply because the day is sucking.

I'm rarely hard to be around when the day is sunny and pleasant, and I have cash in my pocket, nothing needing it, and there is no where I have to be, and no work that needs to be done.
While not technically anime, currently I am a big fan of Hatsune Miku.
At least I can go see her in concert.
Jan 12, 2013 9:14 AM
Dec 2012
All humans are scum.
Jan 12, 2013 9:14 AM

Oct 2012
Anonymity mostly. People know they can get away with it, and belittling someone else makes some people feel bigger.
Jan 12, 2013 9:26 AM

Jul 2012
HiddenVoice said:
ChingChongChang said:
daintybiscuit said:

Maybe they do :O PLOT TWIST

+up for PLOT TWIST. most politicians strike me as twisted bastards. but i could be wrong? :)
Jan 12, 2013 11:27 AM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Red_Keys said:
Because some people are so dumb, they deserve to be insulted.

Kind of like teaching them a lesson the hard way: You don't want to be treated like an idiot? Then don't act like an idiot.

Oh, the irony...

Red_Keys said:
Because some people are so dumb, they deserve to be insulted.

Kind of like teaching them a lesson the hard way: You don't want to be treated like an idiot? Then don't act like an idiot.

/thread.

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Jan 12, 2013 11:47 AM

Sep 2012
BatoKusanagi said:
Oh, the irony...
Explain the irony.

MellowJello said:
Do we have a right to be jackasses to people just because they've done retarded shit? To the point that they kill themselves?
I can't speak for other people, but I am not as mean irl as I am on the internet. I jest a lot with my friends, and I curse a lot, but I don't target other people I don't know and make them feel bad because I overhear them say/do something I think is stupid. I ignore them. I've never bullied anybody, nor have I been bullied, in my life. I think once it gets into the realm of unnecessary harassment and physical abuse, it is serious and needs to be stopped.

That being said, bullying on the internet is a joke. Especially on forum sites like this, where there is a certain sense of anonymity within the community. Maybe sites like Facebook and whatnot, where your identity is known, can be a little more serious. But even then, bullying on the internet is just words. Words. And, on such sites as Facebook or this, you can delete members or block them.

I have two older brothers. When I was little, they would tease me a lot, as siblings usually do. I was kind of a cry baby in elementary school, and would tell my parents every little thing they said. My parents would always tell me, "Unless my brothers actually hurt me, ignore it. And get a thicker skin." I think that is great advice. If somebody on the internet says something mean to you, ignore it, or get a thicker skin and don't let it bother you.

Bullying in real life is serious. But on the internet, it is a fucking joke.
Jan 12, 2013 12:02 PM

Aug 2012
Red_Keys said:
Very interesting. I kind of disagree about internet bullying being a joke, but you put up a good argument that words are just words. Glad to have a response nonetheless.
Jan 12, 2013 12:05 PM
May 2012
MellowJello said:

Do we have a right to be jackasses to people just because they've done retarded shit? To the point that they kill themselves?
I probably seem really mean via the internet, but irl, I'm the one who gets bullied, so I wouldn't know how that feels :c

It's fun being the villain after being a victim for so long.
Jan 12, 2013 12:07 PM

Jun 2012
-Miyu- said:
MellowJello said:

I probably seem really mean via the internet, but irl, I'm the one who gets bullied, so I wouldn't know how that feels :c

It's fun being the villain after being a victim for so long.
So much for treating people like the way you would want to be treated.

All those bedtime stories, children's cartoons, and Disney movies, your morals were for naught.
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» スキンケア事は男性にとって必要でしょうか? is skin care necessary for men ?

ISeeLifePeople - 6 hours ago

10 by JaniSIr »»
3 hours ago

» The Proust phenomenon

RobertBobert - Today

8 by Stavrogin_ »»
3 hours ago

» "Connoisseurs" of MAL, what are your thoughts on ART NOUVEAU? ( 1 2 3 )

Fario-P - Mar 11, 2021

129 by Fario-P »»
4 hours ago

» Is it easy to detect fictional drawings from real photographs?

DesuMaiden - Yesterday

18 by DesuMaiden »»
4 hours ago

» About MBTI ミビチアイの事

ISeeLifePeople - Yesterday

7 by Auron_ »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.