Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 31, 2008 3:33 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
SUBS ARE OUT! LOL this part is funny! You going to see how Hayase is shy! LOL! ENJOY YOU ALL.

OMG I LOVE IT! YES! YES! YES! So much more robots slashed by LineBarrels! I felt the rush! IT'S GETTING BETTER AND I PITY THOSE WHO LET IT DOWN. Really followng the manga on top of that. I REALLY FEEL EVEN BAD MYSELF FOR JUDGING other anime that I have not even read the manga too.

THIS BEING SAID! KEY POINTS and edit after subs.

LOL at Hayase waking up and getting around the commander's secretary was the best LOL. On top of that she was looking at him perverted after this...hmmmmmm are all the girls in Juda corp. horny? Yeah right!

I CANNOT DESCRIBE HOW AMAZING IT WAS TO SEE THE BATTLE OF THE TWINS SHIZUNA AND IZUNA and THE LINEBARRELS JOINS IN! That was amazing! I love it! The music WAS GOOD TOO!

The introduction of the twins was good but they skipped the introduction of the other members for later.

I LOL AT when they prepared a party for him when he woke up! It was just funny to see Hayase react and thinking WTF?

I GOT REALLY SAD AGAIN AT THE FUNERAL OF YAJIMA! Damn YOU KATOU! I WANT LINEBARELLS TO KILL YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!! Unforgivable! Yajima was really good person although I have seen a lot worse than him in other animes, in this anime Yajima was really a character that leaves a impression on you.

Even now I think Hayase is doing it for Yajima! Hayase KILL'EM ALL DAMN KATOU!

I liked the the elevator part, with HOLOGRAPHIC SCREENS! It was way better than the manga!

Introduction of the twins did respect Shizuna gicing Hayase A KICK IN THE NUTS! They exaggerated it way over! XD I think Hayase cannot have kids anymore.......good thing is it's anime.

The Machina of the twins (this is from what you can tell about it) it has these needle types that penetrate the armour of anything almost and makes the enemy have hallucination to the point of being too fearful and thus enabled to function in battle.

At first when checked this part out in the manga I WAS SURE that the twins would die BUT Thank GOD Hayase MOVED HIS SORRY ASS TO HELP THEM!

NOW HAYASE DOES NOT HAVE TO TOUCH THE BREASTS OF Kizaki! No more fan service but now there will be other fanservices of the other girls........I don't MIND THE FACTOR OF PAINKILLER!

I WILL TELL that because of ALL THIS the twins will become Hayase's best friends.....HE BETTER WATCH OUT FOR SHIZUNA.......She has A TSUNDERE character.

THE PART I HATED----->People GETTING CRUSHED BY ROBOTS IS NEVER COOL....----------->The little girl losing HER DAD IS NOT COOL!........--------->THE MARINES GETTING CRUSHED SUCKS!....---------->SEEING SHIZUNA SUFFER IS NOT COOL EITHER.........----------->Having to watch Kouichi BEING A RETARD INSTEAD OF A HERO WAS BAD until the moved his ass!

OVERALL.........................GREAT STUFF!

HIGHLIGHTS

I love the elevator part with the holographic screens+how the hell did he Hayase's signature?

The introduction of the twins was cool+Shizuna kicking Hayase in the nuts! OUCH!

Yajima's funeral was sad!+The twins machina is cool!

IT WAS NOT COOL TO Crush the marines+It was not cool to hurt the twins!

THAT WAS A COOL SAFE!+The cell phone live feed is nice but the suffering of the twins is not!

The part of LineBarrels becoming a demon due to the twins machina IS COOL!+Group pose of those who cannot fight. TOO BAD FOR THEM!

The beginning was LOL +that lady is looking at Hayase in a pervert way.

The welcome made me laugh after considering all the damage he's done!

Frito said:
well to those people who have a bad feeling about this after seeing this episode. you can suck it.

i liked the fact that most characters are enjoyable and don't take themselves too seriously, heck pops JUDA was kinda hilarious in this episode. this series feels more like a growing up drama in which the lead learns his ways through life. realizing mistakes as an individual and somehow correcting them. that's always a win in my books.

so what if haya isn't a like-able character but to see him act this way is heart warming in a manly way. (that's because im a fan of protect anything with my power mecha cliche ;))

COOL! YEAH PEOPLE WHO DROPPED THIS CAN ALL SUCK IT! :P

angel999Nov 5, 2008 1:18 AM
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 31, 2008 7:26 PM
Apr 2008
well at first i loved this series episode 1-4 got me really interested.
what loved about it was his self centered justice and his destructive nature , i thought if they maintained his wild side and after a kick ass episode 4 turned him into a anti hero the series would stand out and truly run off as a new breed of mecha .

BUT now its going the same way Most mecha that arent gundam went . if he becomes The boy pilot who gains expert piloting skills becuase he has soething to protect and all the cliche stuff im going to be really dissapointed.
bring back the true A**hole know as Hayase then ill be happy
Oct 31, 2008 7:40 PM
Oct 2008
It was only a matter of time before hayase learned the error of his ways, but to be honest i prefered when he didnt where he was sort of the anti-hero in a way, but now it has just dropped back down to a pretty average anime
Oct 31, 2008 7:41 PM

Mar 2008
Shin-kun said:
BUT now its going the same way Most mecha that arent gundam went . if he becomes The boy pilot who gains expert piloting skills becuase he has soething to protect and all the cliche stuff im going to be really dissapointed.

I'd say 90% of the people will not agree with this...

I am actually quite happy about his character right now (at least he realized he was the cause for this friend's death). Good character development ;)

I like how he get harassed by the twins LMAO
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 1, 2008 4:01 AM

Oct 2008
well to those people who have a bad feeling about this after seeing this episode. you can suck it.

i liked the fact that most characters are enjoyable and don't take themselves too seriously, heck pops JUDA was kinda hilarious in this episode. this series feels more like a growing up drama in which the lead learns his ways through life. realizing mistakes as an individual and somehow correcting them. that's always a win in my books.

so what if haya isn't a like-able character but to see him act this way is heart warming in a manly way. (that's because im a fan of protect anything with my power mecha cliche ;))
Nov 1, 2008 7:56 AM

Jan 2008
more drama! need more drama!!
Nov 1, 2008 8:19 AM
Nov 2007
First time I appreciated Ecchi scenes XD

Now it's getting better in my opinion.
Nov 1, 2008 9:31 AM
Aug 2008
I'm really glad Kouichi has stopped being a douche. I was really going to drop it after this episode if there wasn't serious improvement. The series as a whole is average at best. I gave it a couple episodes for Kouichi to man up and now I'll give it a few more to to improve.
Nov 1, 2008 9:49 AM

Jun 2008
I think it is getting better and better. I'm glad I didn't drop this :)
Nov 1, 2008 3:20 PM

Aug 2008
Oh it's that time of the week again.. when i restrain myself from flaming the living hell out of this show :)
Ok, so I have to admit it, this ep had some pretty good parts (apart from the ones where i tried to pull my hair out and eat it). Humor was a bit refreshing but maybe not the right direction for this particular show. Anyways, I guess I had fun watchin it even if I dislike it.. See ya next week
KvakondNov 1, 2008 5:32 PM
Nov 1, 2008 4:10 PM

Jul 2008
Wow, I'm actually growing to like this series and watch it because it's actually... decent, and not a trainwreck. Is that a bad thing? Anyway this episode was a HUGE step in the right direction, I really enjoyed it. At the same time though, I am sad there is no longer a need for his hand on her breast =( Her reaction was of epic proportions, too.

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Nov 1, 2008 5:16 PM

Mar 2008
Bakayaro said:
Wow, I'm actually growing to like this series and watch it because it's actually... decent, and not a trainwreck. Is that a bad thing? Anyway this episode was a HUGE step in the right direction, I really enjoyed it. At the same time though, I am sad there is no longer a need for his hand on her breast =( Her reaction was of epic proportions, too.

no, it is far from being a trainwreck

glad we didn't drop it eh?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 1, 2008 6:05 PM

Jul 2008
kaminakun said:
Bakayaro said:

REALLY GLAD YOU ALL STAYED! ^_^
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Nov 1, 2008 6:59 PM

Mar 2008
angel999 said:
kaminakun said:
Bakayaro said:

REALLY GLAD YOU ALL STAYED! ^_^

that's MY line! lmao :D
Nov 1, 2008 8:06 PM

Sep 2008
1st ep = 6
2nd ep = 6
3rd ep = 7
4th ep = 8
5th ep = 6...

So sad to see its going to be just like any other mecha heroe show. He will realize his mistakes, say I am sorry, and do the right stuff from now on. Everyone will forget Jayima, and keep living happily ever after....Didn't like ep5...
Nov 2, 2008 12:45 AM

Apr 2008
the episodes are definitely getting better as they go along....but after seeing this episode, i hope kouichi doesn't completely lose his 'wild' side, otherwise there will be no unexpected crazy mecha action with him yelling and laughing like a maniac

otherwise yeah ....Yajima's death was really sad even though it's only been what? 4 episodes?
his character really grew on me :( RIP
Nov 2, 2008 1:17 PM

Jun 2008
I'd really rather have Kugimiya Rie voice Shizuna over Izuna, specially with her(Shizuna's) accent it would be very interesting. Now that you hear his voice it's pretty much the same as Miharu from Nabari no Ou, except geared more towards sounding generic. Fukuyama Jun's Katou also sounded exactly like Lelouch, which he didn't in previous episodes.

I must admit the quality is reaching an acceptable level, and they're coming closer to the manga's storyline. For a moment I was afraid Linebarrels' summoning would turn back into boobgrabbing, I'm glad it didn't.
Nov 2, 2008 8:29 PM

May 2008
it so weird to have katou have the same voice as lelouch
but it was a good episode awesome fight especially when linebarrel came
Nov 3, 2008 3:05 PM

Aug 2008
I'd like to take this moment to applaud all the badguys in anime, manga, and elsewhere who patiently wait while the hero(es) make boring speeches.

And the sfx when he destroyed that last ARMA were awesome.
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Nov 3, 2008 5:35 PM

Jul 2008
JadeMatrix said:
I'd like to take this moment to applaud all the badguys in anime, manga, and elsewhere who patiently wait while the hero(es) make boring speeches.

And the sfx when he destroyed that last ARMA were awesome.

I'd like to applaud you for making A GREAT REMARK! That part was funny he talks and they wait for him! LOL
Nov 3, 2008 6:18 PM

Sep 2008
very funny when he want to call to linebareels touching like always the bobies :P of the ex-factor....

Nov 4, 2008 5:32 PM

Jun 2007
Shin-kun said:
what loved about it was his self centered justice and his destructive nature , i thought if they maintained his wild side and after a kick ass episode 4 turned him into a anti hero the series would stand out and truly run off as a new breed of mecha .

I agree, I'm pretty angry he turned into a little bitch that listens to people now. It would have been so much better to have him keep his "questionable" hero personality. That, in my opinion, was what made this show interesting and different from all the other Mecha hero of justice type shows. Now we know how the story is gonna go and I'm not to happy with that. O well, not much we can do about it other then to continue to watch. This episode was still pretty decent though.
Nov 5, 2008 2:22 AM

May 2008
Uhh..which subs are out? oni-toki doesn't seem to released it. D:
Nov 5, 2008 8:40 PM

Mar 2008
DeathfireD said:
Shin-kun said:

I agree, I'm pretty angry he turned into a little bitch that listens to people now. It would have been so much better to have him keep his "questionable" hero personality. That, in my opinion, was what made this show interesting and different from all the other Mecha hero of justice type shows. Now we know how the story is gonna go and I'm not to happy with that. O well, not much we can do about it other then to continue to watch. This episode was still pretty decent though.

well... most people would say they are rather happy at seeing a change in his character .... being a little bitch is better than being a cocky bitch IMO LOL
Nov 6, 2008 7:41 PM

Feb 2008
Shinigami Team subbed is out now, well it's followed the manga well, but the story progness really fast then manga.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Nov 11, 2008 11:16 PM

Sep 2007
I actually liked the episode. I thought that the action was decent with enough story development to progress the story. I agree with some people that although I hated him for his flawed attitude and weakness....that's what made the story appealing. I liked the controversy of the self proclaimed "hero of justice" title. I will continue watching anyways and hope that he doesn't become like every other (or a large majority) of mecha main characters.

And I thought it was hilarious when he went for the squeeze and she told him he didn't have to do that anymore...him and his super big attitude lol.
Nov 20, 2008 1:57 PM

Sep 2008
Why coudn't they leave it thinking that LINEBARRAL was a demon!!! that sene was what made this ep the best one so far. :)

I'm glad that his personality changed finally. I actually only skipped maybe 2mins instead of 10 from the past eps.
Dec 26, 2008 11:27 PM

Oct 2007
I wonder if Kouchi's penis size will serve as a critical plot device in later episodes...
Apr 20, 2015 8:38 AM
Jun 2013
did she just make fun of his junk lol. Also I dont get the cat noise joke. its 2015 and we still dont have giant robots and yet in 1999 they have them :(. Ok so the robots are from outer space. Im surprised noone notices them coming in. Holy dam kouichi got kicked in the balls so dam much. I wouldint be able to walk after that. Dam kizaki with another kick to balls though she wasint wrong. I guess this ends kouichi douchbag era.
Feb 23, 2017 4:14 AM
Mar 2012
REJOICE, where there's Nakata Jouji there's much REJOICING. We have two despicable characters now lol.
Does Emi become irrelevant now for the mech or has some other purpose?
Deceive mech funky design, & flexible how it uses wires.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kurogane no Linebarrels Episode 23 Discussion

KaminaKai - Mar 13, 2009

20 by Archean-Return »»
Jan 24, 5:27 AM

Poll: » Kurogane no Linebarrels Episode 17 Discussion

id - Jan 30, 2009

16 by Archean-Return »»
Jan 23, 11:11 AM

» Bluray release outside of Japan

removed-user - May 15, 2020

0 by removed-user »»
May 15, 2020 3:05 PM

Poll: » Kurogane no Linebarrels Episode 24 Discussion

KaminaKai - Mar 20, 2009

44 by gophercg »»
Mar 1, 2017 6:37 AM

Poll: » Kurogane no Linebarrels Episode 22 Discussion

noteDhero - Mar 9, 2009

25 by gophercg »»
Feb 27, 2017 2:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.