Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 17, 2012 12:45 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
THE FINALE CHAPTER!

Well, I gotta say that this manga was one of hell of a ride with emotions, drama, and a little ecchi here and there. I think in this chapter, Ryoki and Hatsumi finally did it or rather implied. However, the ending...was meh and lame.

Overall, this manga was alright but had so many damn cliches and plot holes. 7/10 so far. I should probably go a bit more stricter on my manga grading in the future but going to be nice to this series this time around
Oct 1, 2013 10:34 AM

Sep 2012
OMG I had never read a manga like this, with so much romance and good drama. I couldn't stop from reading it
But the end really pissed me off. There are a lot of things left without explanation and things that should be more explored.
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Oct 19, 2022 9:16 AM
Jul 2020
This whole manga would’ve been a thousand times better if Ryoki was taken out of the equation. The good drama that was Azusa and Shinogu was undershadowed by Ryoki’s abuse towards Hatsumi. The fact that anyone ever glorified their relationship should take a good hard look at themselves and evaluate what abuse means to them. This series was misogynistic; victim blaming Hatsumi time and time again; Hatsumi’s character was also depicted as a freaking doormat for abuse and having no personality and no voice to defend herself, it was all very hard to read. And the characters who’d witness Ryoki’s abuse just stood there and did NOTHING about it, as if they had no personality to comprehend the abuse right in front of them. Every page with Ryoki in it was abuse galore with no real chemistry with Hatsumi. Their conversations were incredibly bland; just insults toward Hatsumi for no fucking reason. Ryoki’s main goal was to have sex with her, that’s it. Is this really a series we should show to younger adolescents? Thinking this is acceptable how to treat your lover? Or anybody for that matter? There are better ways to depict abusive relationships but this is not it. Glorifying abuse does not make this a good manga.

This series did not age well at all, and the fact people even glorified this series in the early 2000’s should be ashamed of themselves. Hot Gimmick should be avoided completely.
azenobioJul 14, 4:11 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hot Gimmick Chapter 6 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - Dec 24, 2009

1 by kirakiradeths »»
May 4, 2:58 AM

» Tachibana Ryoki wa Ubenawanai 2019 chapter discussion

azenobio - Oct 19, 2022

0 by azenobio »»
Oct 19, 2022 8:57 AM

Poll: » Hot Gimmick Chapter 51 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2012

1 by azenobio »»
Oct 18, 2022 12:31 PM

Poll: » Hot Gimmick Chapter 42 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2012

1 by azenobio »»
Oct 16, 2022 6:25 PM

Poll: » Hot Gimmick Chapter 41 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2012

1 by azenobio »»
Oct 16, 2022 6:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.