Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Accel World (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Do you think Accel World will be having season 2?
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
Aug 7, 2014 9:30 AM

Jun 2014
skullcruncher said:
Illustration said:
Yeap, just VOL 1 as of now. Vol 2 coming out in november i think
Ok thanks for the info. I'll probably get both once Vol.2 comes out. I have one question to what Volume does the anime reach? Do you know? Just curious.

It ends at volume 4, chapter 12
Aug 12, 2014 10:45 AM
Jan 2014
Maybe Summer 2015??? You never know?? Especially since SAO II is airing, so Sunrise might want to bring it back next year to give it some comp??

Wishing something like this would happen!!
Aug 14, 2014 10:17 AM
Aug 2014
Illustration said:
skullcruncher said:
Ok thanks for the info. I'll probably get both once Vol.2 comes out. I have one question to what Volume does the anime reach? Do you know? Just curious.

It ends at volume 4, chapter 12
How many light novels are there ??
Aug 14, 2014 10:24 AM
Jul 2014
RosarioAvid said:
How many light novels are there ??

16 volumes
Aug 24, 2014 7:36 AM

Nov 2012
SAO got a second season, and I mean Accel World is made from the same guy, and both did fairly well I believe? So its a "Never gonna happen kiddo" situation, but I don't think its the first thing to do on their list either.

"Climb the mountain not so the world can see you, but so that you can see the world."
Aug 30, 2014 9:05 PM

Jan 2013
DarthVantos said:
No sales no second season.

And SAO just came through to wipe this anime off the face of the planet. They should have let Accel World finish before releasing the kraken they basically stabbed themselves in the foot.

After reading this I got to thinking about the similarities between SAO and AW. In reality I feel that both follow a very very similar plot line/focus. Where in the first Arc the main character goes from being new/inexperienced to an "unstoppable" force meant to change the way the world turns. Then in the second Arc of both series a seemingly unstoppable and all powerful antagonist appears on the scene and causes havoc and "cages/controls" a female character. This then causes the protagonist to fight a uphill battle and against all odds win to claim the prize.

This reminds me a lot of Summer Wars and Digimon: Our War Game.

So will there be a second season for AW? I doubt it because there was such a large response from SAO that they already received a third Arc. If AW does get one then it will be later down the road as an after thought. Or after SOA blows over.
Sep 2, 2014 2:26 PM
Jul 2014
man... looks like i'll never see my favorite anime again... i guess the light novels would have to do it for me
Sep 4, 2014 5:58 AM

Aug 2012
Nah Sunrise is too busy animating idol anime.
Sep 5, 2014 1:00 PM

May 2014
NOO i need a second season.. Come on sunrise T_T it's been 2 years

Sep 24, 2014 9:04 PM
Nov 2013
ZoroZoldyck said:

Well I had been thinking and well the short of it is that Sunrise Studio 8 which did accel world has around 23-24 episodes of free time open in 2015 because love live is getting a movie not a full series next year and buddy complex isn't going to get a second season due to terrible sales that and considering the name of the OVA it was going to be the end anyways I haven't watched buddy complex but yeah its named like buddy complex the final chapter or something.

So theres a chance it could be Accel world there are various other tentative reasons to think it could be accel world but its by no means a certainty.

And The Longggggggg... of it

So that's around 14 episodes free from not animating buddy complex 12 episodes + 2 OVA's and a average anime feature is around an hour long so that aprox 3 episodes worth of animation so take that from the usual total of 10 episodes worth of animation.

So we have 23 - 24 episodes of animation not accounted for in 2015 early 2016 this however only says that they have 24 episodes worth of animation coming out in 2015 it could be for example a third season of horizon in the middle of nowhere being made into a 24 episode anime because the second season was criticized for trying to cram too much novel material into 12 episodes and horizon was way more popular than Accel world.

Or it could be 12 episodes of a new IP and 12 episodes of Horizon or a 24 episodes of a new IP.

Although the thing that I would say lends some credence to the possibility of it being accel world is that it would make sense not to bring out Accel world season 2 in the same year as SAO season 2 because of its popularity and crossover in viewership.

But that is by no means hard evidence, I would say that an accel world season 2 coming out in 2015 has by my approximation about a 10% - 20% chance now, where as before I was thinking it was less than 1%.

Another reason why they would have stalled tell 2015 however is that Love live is SUPER popular more popular than Accel World SAO and Horizon combined.

So animating Accel World before Love live would be insane, but if they have run up against source material problems with love live then it makes sense to go with something they know will make them a little money while more source material comes out for Love Live.

It really makes some sense when you put the pieces together although I could just be making connections where there are none.

Also to people who say that Accel world wasn't popular enough i know of two anime which went on Blu ray sale within 1 - 2 months of Accel world that got a second and third season and did WORSE than Accel World.

Kuroko's Basketball thrid season coming in 2015

Highschool DXD third coming in 2015
qepsilonpSep 24, 2014 9:25 PM
Oct 18, 2014 1:17 AM

Jun 2012
[quote=qepsilonp]
ZoroZoldyck said:

This news must be the thing I've been waiting for :) .
Oct 23, 2014 2:42 AM

Apr 2013
The Game-World Anime (Now Airing)
1.SAO (2012) > SAO II Phantom Bullet/Calibur/Mother Rosario (2014)
2.Log Horizon (2013) > Log Horizon Season 2 (2014)
3.Accel World (2012) > ?????

Please make it sequel possible....I've been waiting for so long :
Hope still hope....
Oct 23, 2014 5:36 AM

Jun 2014
MrBluebear said:
The Game-World Anime (Now Airing)
1.SAO (2012) > SAO II Phantom Bullet/Calibur/Mother Rosario (2014)
2.Log Horizon (2013) > Log Horizon Season 2 (2014)
3.Accel World (2012) > ?????

Please make it sequel possible....I've been waiting for so long :
Hope still hope....
HOPE!
Oct 23, 2014 11:47 AM

Jul 2013
qepsilonp has given me hope... dammit, I don't want to be disappointed again like during Dengeki Bunko Fall Festival 2014...
Dec 30, 2014 1:27 PM
Mar 2014
qepsilonp said:
ZoroZoldyck said:

Well I had been thinking and well the short of it is that Sunrise Studio 8 which did accel world has around 23-24 episodes of free time open in 2015 because love live is getting a movie not a full series next year and buddy complex isn't going to get a second season due to terrible sales that and considering the name of the OVA it was going to be the end anyways I haven't watched buddy complex but yeah its named like buddy complex the final chapter or something.

So theres a chance it could be Accel world there are various other tentative reasons to think it could be accel world but its by no means a certainty.

And The Longggggggg... of it

So that's around 14 episodes free from not animating buddy complex 12 episodes + 2 OVA's and a average anime feature is around an hour long so that aprox 3 episodes worth of animation so take that from the usual total of 10 episodes worth of animation.

So we have 23 - 24 episodes of animation not accounted for in 2015 early 2016 this however only says that they have 24 episodes worth of animation coming out in 2015 it could be for example a third season of horizon in the middle of nowhere being made into a 24 episode anime because the second season was criticized for trying to cram too much novel material into 12 episodes and horizon was way more popular than Accel world.

Or it could be 12 episodes of a new IP and 12 episodes of Horizon or a 24 episodes of a new IP.

Although the thing that I would say lends some credence to the possibility of it being accel world is that it would make sense not to bring out Accel world season 2 in the same year as SAO season 2 because of its popularity and crossover in viewership.

But that is by no means hard evidence, I would say that an accel world season 2 coming out in 2015 has by my approximation about a 10% - 20% chance now, where as before I was thinking it was less than 1%.

Another reason why they would have stalled tell 2015 however is that Love live is SUPER popular more popular than Accel World SAO and Horizon combined.

So animating Accel World before Love live would be insane, but if they have run up against source material problems with love live then it makes sense to go with something they know will make them a little money while more source material comes out for Love Live.

It really makes some sense when you put the pieces together although I could just be making connections where there are none.

Also to people who say that Accel world wasn't popular enough i know of two anime which went on Blu ray sale within 1 - 2 months of Accel world that got a second and third season and did WORSE than Accel World.

Srr i couldn't read everything (but i almost did it) so in you opinion is that there isn't going to have
Jan 11, 2015 5:47 AM

Nov 2014
I think he is saying there is a chance for another season, although it might not be high. I hope there is to be honest tho.
Jan 15, 2015 5:13 AM
Jan 2015
DarthVantos said:
No sales no second season.

And SAO just came through to wipe this anime off the face of the planet. They should have let Accel World finish before releasing the kraken they basically stabbed themselves in the foot.

Bro somewhere along the line you got very misinformed. SAO and Accel World was written by the same author namely Reki Kawahara, and ASCII Media Works Produce both. In a recent interview about this topic Reki Kawahara explained that since he is 100% part of the production of both and work hard to make sure the anime and the novels are as alike as possible, he doesn't have the time to focus on both, thus they will start releasing Accel world season 2 after SAO season 2(although technically season 3, according to him as well since gun gale is the third novel) is completely finished and all the episodes released. He also stated that alot of the same actors are in both which would also make it more difficult to release both at the same time. the production team are also the same. thus just wait a bit and you'll have both or have you learned nothing of patience through these two amazing anime?
Jan 17, 2015 12:40 AM
Jan 2015
I really love Accel World! I hope it will come out in 2015 if not 2016 however long it may be, i'll wait for it!!!
Jan 18, 2015 2:27 AM

Sep 2013
This needs a season 2 now that the MC has finally (I hope) developed into something of a man after 24 episodes...
Jan 25, 2015 6:49 PM

Jan 2015
A season 2 would be absolutely amazing!
There's plenty of content ready, it just has to be animated.
"It wasn't me who was wrong, it was the world."
Feb 5, 2015 7:51 AM
Feb 2015
accel world season 2 2015 or 2016 ? please fast accel world season 2 ;(
Feb 23, 2015 4:17 PM

Apr 2014
They really should animate it. It gets extremely good later on, and it would really sell. Not only that, but I read somewhere, that they were planning on making a S2 after they finish the stuff they're working on right now. Don't know if that's true, though...
"I have to work harder than anyone else to make it! I'll never catch up otherwise...! I want to be like you...! Like you. The strongest hero.""
Feb 23, 2015 10:53 PM

Jul 2013
HakuryuNoKou said:
They really should animate it. It gets extremely good later on, and it would really sell. Not only that, but I read somewhere, that they were planning on making a S2 after they finish the stuff they're working on right now. Don't know if that's true, though...

I believe they stated that they were busy with Love Live last year, and I think the Love Live movie will release this spring. I'd look for a S2 announcement around then.
Mar 13, 2015 8:02 PM
May 2010
defan752 said:
HakuryuNoKou said:

I believe they stated that they were busy with Love Live last year, and I think the Love Live movie will release this spring. I'd look for a S2 announcement around then.

I would love it if you two are right. But I'm afraid that after this much time has passed without an announcement or a hint, we're probably going to be left with just the first season.

On happier news, Yen Press is getting closer to Volume 5 which will probably be published next year, so for folks that really enjoyed the series and want to see how the story continues, they have something to look forward to in the years ahead assuming Yen Press keeps it up.

Since it feels like 75% of anime series stop without properly ending, we all have experience of being left wanting more. It's also a hopeful sign that fans are starting to get into the source material like LNs.
Mar 14, 2015 7:29 AM
Sep 2014
at lest we'll have the light novels & manga translated by yenpress
Mar 15, 2015 8:44 AM

Jun 2013
3 years and i think it's no chance for ss2.
Mar 15, 2015 10:07 PM

Apr 2014
nategator said:
defan752 said:

I would love it if you two are right. But I'm afraid that after this much time has passed without an announcement or a hint, we're probably going to be left with just the first season.

On happier news, Yen Press is getting closer to Volume 5 which will probably be published next year, so for folks that really enjoyed the series and want to see how the story continues, they have something to look forward to in the years ahead assuming Yen Press keeps it up.

Since it feels like 75% of anime series stop without properly ending, we all have experience of being left wanting more. It's also a hopeful sign that fans are starting to get into the source material like LNs.

Sorry for the late reply, lmao. Anyway, DRRR!! took five years, I believe, to get a S2(then again, that was so that they could animate the rest of the novels), so there is still hope. I think. xD
"I have to work harder than anyone else to make it! I'll never catch up otherwise...! I want to be like you...! Like you. The strongest hero.""
May 5, 2015 11:01 AM

Jan 2015
fightingotaku said:
still hoping and wanting a season 2 hopefully news will come soon enough i hope
Jun 5, 2015 9:03 PM
Jun 2015
I hope there's a second season!! but if there's no season 2 in anime then I just wish there's an ending in the manga!! I'm really curious about the the ending, because ending fighting with nomi is a cliff hanger and it sucks!! and most of the GUYS here are all wuss!! all they think is about KYH and it sucks sheesh.... I just hope men today understand deeper things....who cares if the protagonist is a piggy? if my intuition is right all the guys do because they want the protagonist brave,cool and etc. because they want to be like that and they don't want to be the dweb! the hell! all I just want is the story!! AW story is not that bad at all you know!
Sorry for the wrong grammar!!
Dec 9, 2015 9:01 PM

Dec 2015
Uhm, i'm probably late but..there's a season 2/ anime original of Accel world.
I ship @Cewkie and @DarkZeroCalibur
Dec 27, 2015 5:56 PM
Dec 2015
Yes accel world will be having season II because they still need to reach level 10 to know the secrets of accel world
Feb 27, 2016 5:41 PM

Dec 2015
Everyone that said Accel World will not get a season 2, hold this L.
I ship @Cewkie and @DarkZeroCalibur
Dec 31, 2016 12:03 PM

Mar 2016
It's been 4-5 years wheres season 2
Jan 3, 2017 5:42 AM
Jan 2017
Yeah the show ended in 2013/14 If you count the different in game special shows added to the PS Games. Also the stand alone movie that came out. I do not think they thought this idea out. They left fans wanting more and even cross over briefly with SAO. When referencing the old school tech people used to use.
For me they had two stories the one that fans got all pumped up about and then the one they wanted to push. The one where the show wanted a kid who gets bully to show that he can become anything and strengthen the bond of good friends.
I guess if you go off that logic they did that and the show has sort of come to a end.
Now sadly they seem to push the other story way more. The story of reaching level 10. For fans that is what they had hoped would continue in future seasons.
Makes me wonder why they just stop.
The two mini series they released on the PS games. Do not seem to match up to the story of the main anime. They seem so out of place to me. No back story either.
Feb 10, 2017 1:09 AM
Feb 2017
us as fans can only hope that they wont leave us on a cliff hanger and leed us to want more but never get it i think that there will be another season because of how good i personally like it and knowing that i'm not the only fan out there
Feb 12, 2017 2:15 PM
Jul 2014
I hope that SAO VS AW game make more AW fans and 2 season come out after Ordinal Scale movie.
Jul 13, 2017 3:16 AM
Jan 2017

I really want Accel World to have a season 2, it would be great already has a movie!
:)
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

» The episodes 16 to half of 24, gave me an anguish & pissed off reaction

Kiryotsu - Feb 3

3 by Eckl3 »»
Feb 4, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 14, 2012

185 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 11, 10:53 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2012

223 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 10, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 13, 2012

178 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 10, 4:27 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Apr 20, 2012

185 by TuanDai »»
Jan 2, 11:14 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.