Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 29, 2012 7:39 PM

Jul 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Kaidoh! He's crazy strong, ahhhhhh, I wish I was like that! xD
And.. uh. Nice chest ;)

Honestly, I feel like the National Tournament doesn't have the essence of Prince of Tennis in it, it's way too straightforward, match after match.
Well, I don't even remember the real PoT too much anyways, so I can't say anything. But my FAVORITE show when I was little wasn't this stupid.. nvm lawl

Mar 4, 2012 5:39 PM
Jul 2018
No the main series was pretty much match after match as well for the most part.
Jul 1, 2014 6:09 PM

Apr 2014
This ep felt half-assed.

A supposedly strong school such as Higa put out a pair like that for doubles 1? Lame. They didn't even have any 'powers' or special skills. Just endurance, which ended up screwing them over anyways.
Jul 31, 2016 6:16 PM
Jul 2018
Kaidou is a beast! But yeah, Higa's Doubles 1 was lame, but I think we are also missing some details in the story because of how rushed everything is in the National OVAs.
Jan 18, 2020 7:57 PM

Dec 2012
Despite being the most low stakes game so far, this has ironically been the best one. Watching the rallies was intense and Kaidoh needed this match in order to grow strong enough for the rest of the nationals.
Feb 10, 2020 6:47 AM

Apr 2011
My fave game so far, I guess. No "magic tricks" of some sort. Just Kaido and his pure strength.

Dec 28, 2022 2:22 PM

Oct 2012
it's nice it was just kaido being good, ridiculous that this was all so boringly one-sided. really hyped them up to have them lose every game o k.
Jun 2, 4:38 PM

Nov 2022
I must say I was a little disappointed in Higa schools pair. Kaido was no only wearing weights but also didn't use his snkae at all. I understand that he needs some character development in order for him to continue playing in tennis, but the other school(Higa) did make it to nationals so you would expect them to be better. Also not to mention the Higa pair is supposedly to also have really good endurance but Kaido did all that alone in the heat, and they were the ones to have a player pass out. Overall still enjoyed the ep.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Prince of Tennis: The National Tournament Episode 13 Discussion

Eneeli - May 22, 2010

11 by Axlaria »»
Jun 2, 10:40 PM

Poll: » Prince of Tennis: The National Tournament Episode 12 Discussion

fishergirl16 - Jan 31, 2012

10 by Axlaria »»
Jun 2, 10:12 PM

Poll: » Prince of Tennis: The National Tournament Episode 10 Discussion

5 by Axlaria »»
Jun 2, 8:32 PM

Poll: » Prince of Tennis: The National Tournament Episode 9 Discussion

4 by Axlaria »»
Jun 2, 8:09 PM

Poll: » Prince of Tennis: The National Tournament Episode 7 Discussion

Eneeli - May 22, 2010

13 by Axlaria »»
Jun 2, 6:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.