Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Aug 2, 2010 2:13 PM

Aug 2007
DarknessAngel said:
So , considering OM has shut down all manga . Where are we going to read manga online now ?

Mangafox for now. Or Mangahut. You're honestly just better off downloading. I can help you with that if you want.
Aug 3, 2010 9:18 PM

Aug 2008
Sabinlerose said:
Of course it costs money to run a site. But if it cost him any money to run, he wouldn't be running the website. So naturally that means the owner is making a profit.

And when he is trying to sell the site for millions of dollars....well. I think that shows just how much money he actually is making.
You're both an idiot, and have a point. Let's address:

OneManga's owner selling it for $$$. Well, that would be making a profit.

Though, I'll admit there's even some problems with that. He/she's not making a profit from manga, but rather a social networking resource. This is even more so the case if the planned sale was not a transfer but actually an acquisition, similar to MAL's relationship to CraveOnline.

To put it another way, you have to look at the flow of money. No one is paying for scanlations in this case. The money comes from ad agencies, and in the case of an acquisition the company buying the site. No illegal activity involved, and only morally wrong by association (which is a rather subjective matter). If the site owner is making money, it's actually from the fact that the site is a hub of internet social activity (well, kinda).

But if you have beef with the site owner making a profit, then you have a valid point.

However,
Sabinlerose said:
Of course it costs money to run a site. But if it cost him any money to run, he wouldn't be running the website. So naturally that means the owner is making a profit.
What the fuck? Please explain this, since your in later posts you seem to know what profit is and what adclick services are.
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Aug 15, 2010 4:49 PM
May 2009
So how is it that OneManga went down and NarutoFan is still up? Amirite? Or did Tazmo get prosecuted after all?
Aug 15, 2010 5:41 PM

Oct 2008
ONE MANGA . U will be missed :(
Aug 16, 2010 7:24 PM

Mar 2009
recalled2life said:
So how is it that OneManga went down and NarutoFan is still up? Amirite? Or did Tazmo get prosecuted after all?

I wish I knew. They need to go after him.
Aug 17, 2010 10:14 AM

Aug 2007
Mormegil said:
recalled2life said:

I wish I knew. They need to go after him.

Better him than online manga sites.
Aug 28, 2010 6:02 PM

Jan 2010
http://manga.gamestotal.com
This site is worth about $32,000 atm.
Then look at this shit:
http://manga.gamestotal.com/h_donate.htm
And this is only a tiny little site. I'm telling you. Manga sites are fucking completely impossible to generate money from (unless you pay subscriptions like the faggot Tazmo), so I don't get why dumbasses keep thinking these FREE scanlation manga hosting sites are in it for the money. My God people.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

» Novel 'Ganbatte Ikimasshoi' Gets Anime Movie

DatRandomDude - Mar 21

6 by Tacsk0 »»
47 minutes ago

» Manga 'Kaoru Hana wa Rin to Saku' Gets TV Anime in 2025

DatRandomDude - Sep 15

36 by GoldenDevilGamer »»
2 hours ago

» Board Game 'Murder Mystery of the Dead' Gets TV Anime in Fall 2024

DatRandomDude - 9 hours ago

6 by CocoaGalaxy »»
2 hours ago

» J.C.Staff Produces 'Kidou Keisatsu Patlabor: EZY' Anime for 2026

Vindstot - Yesterday

23 by RobertBobert »»
4 hours ago

» 'Tokidoki Bosotto Russia-go de Dereru Tonari no Alya-san' 2nd Season in Production

Vindstot - Sep 18

26 by RobertBobert »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.