Forum Settings
Forums

Do You Use Other Anime/Manga Sites Besides MAL?

New
Do You Use Other Anime/Manga Sites Besides MAL?
2 hours ago

Sep 2024
I was wondering... do any of you use other sites? Maybe stuff like AniList, Kitsu or Anime-Planet. I am curious if they offer anything different.

2 hours ago

Jan 2009
yes i use anilist too as a backup but im not active there because the moderation is too strict
2 hours ago

Feb 2020
"Do You Use Other Anime/Manga Sites Besides MAL?"

AniList.
2 hours ago

Sep 2024
Reply to deg
yes i use anilist too as a backup but im not active there because the moderation is too strict
deg said:

I mean, the moderation can't be worse than MAL. I have seen people get banned because they have an "opinion".

2 hours ago

Jan 2009
Reply to Xypheron
deg said:

I mean, the moderation can't be worse than MAL. I have seen people get banned because they have an "opinion".
@Xypheron nah its worse than mal did you try posting there of any controversial opinion? you will get moderated fast
2 hours ago

Sep 2024
Reply to deg
@Xypheron nah its worse than mal did you try posting there of any controversial opinion? you will get moderated fast
@deg I'm not familiar enough with either site to have an opinion, so I'm going to trust your judgment.

2 hours ago

Nov 2020
Xypheron said:
I was wondering... do any of you use other sites? Maybe stuff like AniList, Kitsu or Anime-Planet. I am curious if they offer anything different.

i don't. well, I don't even see any reason to tbh. maintaining multiple social media (that too just for anime) is a pain in the ass lol. i think i saw someone say that anilist or smth has decimal ratings, so that might be the only potential advantage i see. but again, doesnt matter.
"Are you the strongest because you're Satoru Gojo? Or are you Satoru Gojo because you're the strongest?"~ Suguru Geto

2 hours ago

Feb 2021
Yes, I also use AniList and AniDB.

Which are the only other two that really exist...
2 hours ago

Dec 2022
I have an Anime-Planet account for some of its neat features, such as the love/hate character options — but that's about the extent of my interactions with it, outside of exporting my list there every few months.

Shaded Horizon

1 hour ago

Jun 2024
I used to use AniList, but I don't anymore.
1 hour ago

Apr 2024
My first source for anime is aniSearch, since they have screenshots.
1 hour ago

Sep 2024
Reply to Mualani
I used to use AniList, but I don't anymore.
@Mualani AniList is great and in some aspects even better than MAL. But their forum system is so bad that I rarely visit it.

1 hour ago

Jul 2013
I use wco.tv for streaming/downloading anime shows to watch. I use MAL for discussing anime. And other topics. I hope that answers the OP's question.
1 hour ago

Sep 2016
I use Anime-Planet quite often because it has by far the best character search and tagging system I know.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
1 hour ago

Jun 2024
Reply to Xypheron
@Mualani AniList is great and in some aspects even better than MAL. But their forum system is so bad that I rarely visit it.
@Xypheron I honestly much prefer MyAnimeList's traditional-looking and straightforward layout. It's minimalist and outdated, but in a good way. I don't know how to describe it, AniList just isn't for me.

1 hour ago

Sep 2024
Reply to Mualani
@Xypheron I honestly much prefer MyAnimeList's traditional-looking and straightforward layout. It's minimalist and outdated, but in a good way. I don't know how to describe it, AniList just isn't for me.

@Mualani I prefer AniList's layout( it feels more lively and their rating system is better). Of course, it is subjective, so that’s just my opinion.

1 hour ago

Dec 2021
I guess? I sometimes find an anime with a very low user count on MAL (Think 1000 or lower, even down to around 200), and want to decide if it's worth the effort of AI subtitling it, so I'll just go to what is effectively "Japan's MyAnimeList", aka Anikore. Yes it's 100% in Japanese, but due to exactly that, it tends to have better metrics for stuff that's super obscure here in the western part of the world. Hell, stuff that has zero info whatsoever here on MAL will often have multiple full-on reviews on Anikore, which ends up being very helpful for deciding if an anime's worth it. I just chuck a few of the reviews into ChatGPT or whatever to have it translated (DeepL and Google Translate suck at this), and I can get a very good idea of what an anime's like.
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.

alt_textalt_textalt_text
1 hour ago
Oct 2019
yes i use anilist too as a backup but im not active there because the moderation is too strict(×2)
13 minutes ago

Oct 2017
I have a backup of my list on Anilist, although i wish their forums were a bit more active since they seem a bit more chill when it comes to people like me existing on the site
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
6 minutes ago

Jul 2017
Yep, AniList, but I rarely ever go on it. I only log in a few times a year at most. My only reason for using it is to update my anime and manga list for backup.

Also, I’m not really a fan of AniList’s forum layout. I prefer MAL’s forum layout way more.

My total number of posts on the AniList forums so far: 1 lol

More topics from this board

» How generous are you with your 10s ( 1 2 3 4 )

n6ah - Apr 22, 2021

198 by ComboSmooth »»
3 minutes ago

» Do we need more cooking scenes in anime?

SgtBateMan - Jul 17

33 by ComboSmooth »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » Vampires

Shizuna - Yesterday

35 by deg »»
6 minutes ago

» Why does MAL still use Romaji for Anime Titles When not even the japanese do???

Cestlavie_ - 2 hours ago

39 by Cestlavie_ »»
7 minutes ago

» Do you skip anime scenes or episodes?

Johnny65 - Sep 25

44 by ComboSmooth »»
8 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.