Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 28, 2:05 AM

Dec 2019
Preview images for episode 24 (cour 2 ep 12/season finale) are below.

https://mushokutensei.jp/story/2-24/

Jun 28, 2:10 AM

Jul 2017
All of these pictures just scream pain, especially the 2nd and 4th ones. Considering how the previous two episodes played out, painful emotions are only to be expected from all accounts.
Jun 28, 3:18 AM
May 2022
Rudeus is in trouble!!!
Also. Frieren making a surprise appearance, nice.
Jun 28, 3:27 AM

Apr 2012
Who read LN or at least the original web novel? How many more seasons/arcs do we have left given the events that made it into the final episode? As far as I understand, the story will continue even when Rudeus becomes an adult.
Jun 28, 3:51 AM

Jul 2017
Reply to RobertBobert
Who read LN or at least the original web novel? How many more seasons/arcs do we have left given the events that made it into the final episode? As far as I understand, the story will continue even when Rudeus becomes an adult.
@RobertBobert This season will finish with Volume 12 being fully adapted. There are 26 light novel volumes in total for the main series, so there should roughly be another 3 seasons to go. It does continue with Rudeus being an adult, still loads more to go with story from here on.

There is also the Redundancy series that are like side stories that can be adapted as well so there is still room for a lot of content to be adapted.
Jun 28, 3:52 AM

Jan 2021
RobertBobert said:

we're like halfway through i think
Jun 28, 3:54 AM

Jul 2017
Also, just realized with the 5th picture that Sylphie's hair is way longer now and nice. In those few months, she looks more grown up already with that from her Fitz days.
Jun 28, 6:01 AM
Apr 2021
very cool that Sylphy is wearing the earrings that Rudy gave her as a gift.
Jun 28, 7:14 AM
Nov 2023
she's so beautiful 😍❤️
Jun 28, 8:42 AM

Dec 2019
Reply to DzikStar
she's so beautiful 😍❤️
@DzikStar Yes the 15 pixels in that pic are gorgeous.
Jun 28, 8:57 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to animejas
@RobertBobert This season will finish with Volume 12 being fully adapted. There are 26 light novel volumes in total for the main series, so there should roughly be another 3 seasons to go. It does continue with Rudeus being an adult, still loads more to go with story from here on.

There is also the Redundancy series that are like side stories that can be adapted as well so there is still room for a lot of content to be adapted.
@animejas @certifiedbinger So, if all goes well in the long run, does Mushoku really have the potential to become a very huge franchise with many seasons and many years to go?
Jun 28, 9:25 AM

Jul 2017
Reply to RobertBobert
@animejas @certifiedbinger So, if all goes well in the long run, does Mushoku really have the potential to become a very huge franchise with many seasons and many years to go?
@RobertBobert 'Huge' can vary for people, but this series does definitely have the legs to be really good throughout, helps if the production can remain stable or improve in the future seasons somewhat. The actual content's pretty great in my opinion for the rest of the series (think season 3's first cour in particular has very high chances of being successful) and the final arc is really strong too. The fact that there is an actual ending to the main series already helps too so there is a clear direction with what is to be adapted without feeling like everyone's just waiting forever for it to conclude. So yeah, it just depends on if the anime can keep on going every 2-3 years and there is a bit more stability with who will be directing future seasons and the staff involved.

Do I personally think that it'll be on the level of some of the most popular anime out there in the mainstream? Not quite. But there are arcs and episodes I can definitely see being really popular in the future and successful if executed right. Season 2's the slowest season I would say too so momentum should be fine for the others coming up.
Jun 28, 9:29 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to animejas
@RobertBobert 'Huge' can vary for people, but this series does definitely have the legs to be really good throughout, helps if the production can remain stable or improve in the future seasons somewhat. The actual content's pretty great in my opinion for the rest of the series (think season 3's first cour in particular has very high chances of being successful) and the final arc is really strong too. The fact that there is an actual ending to the main series already helps too so there is a clear direction with what is to be adapted without feeling like everyone's just waiting forever for it to conclude. So yeah, it just depends on if the anime can keep on going every 2-3 years and there is a bit more stability with who will be directing future seasons and the staff involved.

Do I personally think that it'll be on the level of some of the most popular anime out there in the mainstream? Not quite. But there are arcs and episodes I can definitely see being really popular in the future and successful if executed right. Season 2's the slowest season I would say too so momentum should be fine for the others coming up.
@animejas Well, I'm not against it at all, I like how the show combines combat fantasy and fantasy SoL. Something I miss in other action shows. But I'm worried because I've never seen a franchise so monumental that it wasn't an adaptation of a blockbuster battle shonen or a hit multimedia franchise. Even Dengeki Bunko's blockbusters didn't seem to reach such proportions.
Jun 28, 9:51 AM

Jul 2017
Reply to RobertBobert
@animejas Well, I'm not against it at all, I like how the show combines combat fantasy and fantasy SoL. Something I miss in other action shows. But I'm worried because I've never seen a franchise so monumental that it wasn't an adaptation of a blockbuster battle shonen or a hit multimedia franchise. Even Dengeki Bunko's blockbusters didn't seem to reach such proportions.
@RobertBobert For those blockbuster battle shounen anime, it helps for them that there is a manga chapter dropping weekly in most instances that helps maintain the hype, or a series like Attack on Titan that is monthly in releases but because of how accessible the plot is to people beyond anime watchers that it can go full on blockbuster-mainstream. Even the new Kaiju anime is releasing chapters often and its story is very basic but action-dependent which people can easily follow and watch. There are very popular light novel series like this and Re:Zero with popular anime adaptations but the way their stories are written are ones that can be a bit limiting in my opinion for that super blockbuster level reach. Especially with the slower arcs like the school arc or the start of Mushoku Tensei, which while very good and can build characters up really nicely, can be a bit of a turnoff for people just wanting to be entertained with big action scenes or hype moments 24/7. And the controversies at times with certain people can also limit that. The fact that the anime is going strong and is still well received in spite of that with much bigger moments to come should hopefully have MT still run strong for the most part, even if it isn't Demon Slayer or Jujutsu Kaisen levels of hype. Personally, I find more longevity in a show that can balance different things well like MT compared to the interchangeable battle shounen anime which can get old for me in a few episodes if not different.
Jun 28, 9:56 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to animejas
@RobertBobert For those blockbuster battle shounen anime, it helps for them that there is a manga chapter dropping weekly in most instances that helps maintain the hype, or a series like Attack on Titan that is monthly in releases but because of how accessible the plot is to people beyond anime watchers that it can go full on blockbuster-mainstream. Even the new Kaiju anime is releasing chapters often and its story is very basic but action-dependent which people can easily follow and watch. There are very popular light novel series like this and Re:Zero with popular anime adaptations but the way their stories are written are ones that can be a bit limiting in my opinion for that super blockbuster level reach. Especially with the slower arcs like the school arc or the start of Mushoku Tensei, which while very good and can build characters up really nicely, can be a bit of a turnoff for people just wanting to be entertained with big action scenes or hype moments 24/7. And the controversies at times with certain people can also limit that. The fact that the anime is going strong and is still well received in spite of that with much bigger moments to come should hopefully have MT still run strong for the most part, even if it isn't Demon Slayer or Jujutsu Kaisen levels of hype. Personally, I find more longevity in a show that can balance different things well like MT compared to the interchangeable battle shounen anime which can get old for me in a few episodes if not different.
@animejas Do future seasons still contain a lot of meaningful and important moments despite the fact that Rudeus essentially doesn't have as many gestalts left in front of him that we could have introduced in the first season?
Jun 28, 10:02 AM

Jul 2017
Reply to RobertBobert
@animejas Do future seasons still contain a lot of meaningful and important moments despite the fact that Rudeus essentially doesn't have as many gestalts left in front of him that we could have introduced in the first season?
@RobertBobert For sure, especially in whatever the next season of the anime would offer. He's still got far more growing to actually do as an adult now in the world so it explores a different phase of his life with meaningful and important moments. Especially now since he is basically having to be the responsible person of the house after what happened with Paul and Zenith and having to grow and do things he completely avoided and missed out on in his past.
Jun 28, 10:06 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to animejas
@RobertBobert For sure, especially in whatever the next season of the anime would offer. He's still got far more growing to actually do as an adult now in the world so it explores a different phase of his life with meaningful and important moments. Especially now since he is basically having to be the responsible person of the house after what happened with Paul and Zenith and having to grow and do things he completely avoided and missed out on in his past.
@animejas Well, I expectedly read a lot of spoilers about the LN ending, but that didn't seem significant to me since I expected it to just be shown in a "and they lived happily ever after" style epilogue.
Jun 28, 2:46 PM
Jun 2024
I feel bad for sylphiette. Imagine your husband left you while you were pregnant just to come back with another wife.. I love everyone on this show, including Rudy and Roxy. But isn’t it a bit too harsh on Sylphiette!?
Jun 28, 9:21 PM
Feb 2024
yaminnn said:
I feel bad for sylphiette. Imagine your husband left you while you were pregnant just to come back with another wife.. I love everyone on this show, including Rudy and Roxy. But isn’t it a bit too harsh on Sylphiette!?

She's got a good heart, and a strong will, in spite of her prior portrayal. She'll be fine, and having another couple sets of hands around to help with their child is a plus.

Do remember she's the one who suggested a concubine when they found out she was pregnant.
Jun 28, 10:39 PM
Jun 2023
@yaminnn trust me sylphy does not give one single shit about that
Yesterday, 5:04 AM
May 2022
RobertBobert said:

about season 6 will be the end of MT tho the author said he will be making a sequel
Yesterday, 5:05 AM
May 2022
1. mylphy is best sylphy
2. funny how anime onlys think sylphy is angry
Yesterday, 5:58 AM

Dec 2019
Reply to Wat3rCrushertime
RobertBobert said:

about season 6 will be the end of MT tho the author said he will be making a sequel
@Wat3rCrushertime It's not a 'sequel' directly that's planned but

That wont happen in TIME tho. Author's writing the Redundancy light novels in Japan and has to get those done with, and he's working on Orc Eroica too so he's busy with that before even thinking about stuff later. As far as mushoku tensei goes specifically, it ends at 26 with the main series if not counting Redundancy. If you count Redundancy's side stories, then after that is the end.
Yesterday, 6:01 AM
May 2022
MangagnaM said:

That wont happen in TIME tho. Author's writing the Redundancy light novels in Japan and has to get those done with, and he's working on Orc Eroica too so he's busy with that before even thinking about stuff later. As far as mushoku tensei goes specifically, it ends at 26 with the main series if not counting Redundancy. If you count Redundancy's side stories, then after that is the end.

its a sequel, thats the definition
Yesterday, 6:01 AM
May 2022
MangagnaM said:

its a sequel, thats the definition, im aware of it i read all of MT
Today, 2:33 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Reply to Dan_ALves
Rudeus is in trouble!!!
Dan_ALves said:

oh yeah, Frieren will kinda look like her on that front lol, it is funny.

RobertBobert said:
Well, I expectedly read a lot of spoilers about the LN ending, but that didn't seem significant to me since I expected it to just be shown in a "and they lived happily ever after" style epilogue.

You already get spoiled when you think this will follow Rudeous to the end of his days, there are a ton of small details I was never spoiled about even reading heavily in the wikis and I had to read said volumes to know.

RobertBobert said:

The writer fattened the LN properly where he seen it needed, with LN vol.7, that happens after what was first WN vol.7 and is now 8 (Sharia's university), and the WN ended at vol24, and nows ends on 26 for the LN, which tons of the final volumes getting more stuff.

This is not considering the "spin off" series.

On the LN forums I proposed something like this (with some modifications I did just now)
- S3: vol.13-15, 13 episodes [2025-2026?]
- S4: vol.16-21, 25 episodes (2 cour) [2027-2029?]
- S5: vol.22-26, 24-26 episodes [2030-2031, maybe 2031-2032]
- S5b: Redundancy volumes [2033?? if the series is still popular enough by then]

Would be awesome if they could get this schedule. (even better get new stuff every year, YES, work like horses for the common good of assholes online!!!)
PlaycoolToday, 2:44 AM
Today, 2:47 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Playcool
Dan_ALves said:

oh yeah, Frieren will kinda look like her on that front lol, it is funny.

RobertBobert said:
Well, I expectedly read a lot of spoilers about the LN ending, but that didn't seem significant to me since I expected it to just be shown in a "and they lived happily ever after" style epilogue.

You already get spoiled when you think this will follow Rudeous to the end of his days, there are a ton of small details I was never spoiled about even reading heavily in the wikis and I had to read said volumes to know.

RobertBobert said:

The writer fattened the LN properly where he seen it needed, with LN vol.7, that happens after what was first WN vol.7 and is now 8 (Sharia's university), and the WN ended at vol24, and nows ends on 26 for the LN, which tons of the final volumes getting more stuff.

This is not considering the "spin off" series.

On the LN forums I proposed something like this (with some modifications I did just now)
- S3: vol.13-15, 13 episodes [2025-2026?]
- S4: vol.16-21, 25 episodes (2 cour) [2027-2029?]
- S5: vol.22-26, 24-26 episodes [2030-2031, maybe 2031-2032]
- S5b: Redundancy volumes [2033?? if the series is still popular enough by then]

Would be awesome if they could get this schedule. (even better get new stuff every year, YES, work like horses for the common good of assholes online!!!)
@Playcool If things continue at this pace and expectations are met, it will turn out that most of the 20s will pass under the Mushoku Tensei banner. I even wonder what the total number of episodes will be at the end. Even more than the average popular battle shonen?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

anime-prime - 8 hours ago

163 by ChillyKuroneko »»
12 minutes ago

» Jealousy sure makes forums ugly

TheMageDalamar - 6 hours ago

21 by Daohog »»
14 minutes ago

» editing Ep 11 (& 12) to make more logical sense character-wise

Chat_Box - Yesterday

17 by Chat_Box »»
27 minutes ago

» What page to continue the LN?

LaptopZ - 5 hours ago

9 by R0r5ch4ch »»
47 minutes ago

» MORALITY is just a SOCIAL CONSTRUCT anyway ( 1 2 )

egosumjkm - Jun 27

64 by xZabuzax »»
47 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.