Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 23, 2:33 AM
Sep 2017
This was literally the least boring episode of talking we’ve had this season. Just drop it lil bro
Jun 23, 2:38 AM

Feb 2008
Reply to NTAD
@MarchinBunny A decent argument? Honey my argument is a fucking show made in MMD that's literally just people talking in a room for 3 seasons and the most interesting thing is the OP. It's been my argument every time some scrub has to create a thread complaining about Tensura's world-building and talk-no-jutsu every time a season airs like they actually know what boring is. Saw the same thing with Log Horizon.

Look, I get it. Some folks like me are just built different. Maybe we just have a higher tolerance for lengthy discussion? Maybe we're masochistic? Hell I sit through the entirety of Endless 8 every time I re-watch Haruhi. It's not for everyone. We can't all be superstars and that's okay. But if someone has to make "Oh no, more talking: The Thread v4.20" then they can suck it up when the hecklers (that's me) come a-calling. And the beauty of it all is this is just the beginning. The entire second half of the season is probably going to be nothing but the festival arc and it's going to shed the casual viewers like a bad case of dandruff. This is going to be just another thread in a pile.

Tensura isn't one of my favorite shows and it's honestly not even one of the best IPs ever, but I appreciate the effort 8-bit is putting forth to give us as faithful an adaptation as possible. That is why it is fine as it is. It may not be perfect but it is really not that bad. I've seen enough that I can expertly attest to this.

But please, do not let me dissuade you or anyone else from complaining about something that is really a non-issue. It wasn't my intent to come bearing an argument anyway because I'm not trying to change anyone's mind. Praise the show, bitch about the show, drop the show. Whatever. You do you. I just called out the thread because I could. And if that bothers you there's 2 things you can do about it. Nothing and deal with it.
@NTAD
Not really sure how pointing out some other show is an argument. Unless what you are doing here is trying to use a relative privation fallacy? If that is what you are doing, then let me just say... pointing out something you think is worse doesn't magically lessen the problem in regards to S3 of Slime.

Now as for the festival arc, I actually think there will be less threads like this because even if there is a lot of talking it will be way more interesting because if the series does a good job, there is also a lot to show outside of a meeting room. Honestly, if the anime screws this up, then there is a massive problem.

And I don't give a crap what anime you have seen in the past. Using a fallacy isn't a good argument. Ya, worse things exist, that's not the point. And whether or not it's faithful is irrelevant, there are ways to do it better.
I am become bunny, fluffing of worlds.
Jun 23, 7:08 PM

Jan 2014
the animators are really doubling down on the meetings is hilarious.

What's almost as funny is the people trying to defend it. Well I say "defend" but the majority of them use ad hominem in their counter points and hardly offer much to the table. 🤣
Jun 24, 1:17 AM

Feb 2013
Reply to MarchinBunny
@NTAD
Not really sure how pointing out some other show is an argument. Unless what you are doing here is trying to use a relative privation fallacy? If that is what you are doing, then let me just say... pointing out something you think is worse doesn't magically lessen the problem in regards to S3 of Slime.

Now as for the festival arc, I actually think there will be less threads like this because even if there is a lot of talking it will be way more interesting because if the series does a good job, there is also a lot to show outside of a meeting room. Honestly, if the anime screws this up, then there is a massive problem.

And I don't give a crap what anime you have seen in the past. Using a fallacy isn't a good argument. Ya, worse things exist, that's not the point. And whether or not it's faithful is irrelevant, there are ways to do it better.
@MarchinBunny I'll own that but I won't apologize for it. For the record, despite what your interpretation of what I said may be, I actually enjoyed Tesagure. I'm not looking at it as a "from bad to worse" comparison. It's a "less talking to more talking" comparison. I still liked it for what it was. But in regards to Tensura, you're calling it a problem. I don't see it that way. Maybe It's a problem for others here and for you, but then there's those of us who don't see a problem and never have. That should make it more than obvious how entirely subjective this issue to begin with. In truth, it may not even bug you as much as it does some of the others who've voiced their complaints. I dunno. You tell me?

Regarding the arc, I would like to say I hope you're right. But I don't think so.

Calling the faithfulness of the adaptation irrelevant is a deflection though and saying there are better ways to do it (let alone without even suggesting how) is still your opinion. In my opinion, if the meeting with Mjöllmile took place entirely in a room with two chairs and a table or if it took place in a hot air balloon over a sea of magma and it's long enough to fill half an episode, then that's what I want to see. Why should it be changed when it doesn't need to be changed? If that's all it takes to chase people off then allow me to reiterate my first post. They have the attention span of a rock.
Jun 24, 3:16 AM

Feb 2008
Reply to NTAD
@MarchinBunny I'll own that but I won't apologize for it. For the record, despite what your interpretation of what I said may be, I actually enjoyed Tesagure. I'm not looking at it as a "from bad to worse" comparison. It's a "less talking to more talking" comparison. I still liked it for what it was. But in regards to Tensura, you're calling it a problem. I don't see it that way. Maybe It's a problem for others here and for you, but then there's those of us who don't see a problem and never have. That should make it more than obvious how entirely subjective this issue to begin with. In truth, it may not even bug you as much as it does some of the others who've voiced their complaints. I dunno. You tell me?

Regarding the arc, I would like to say I hope you're right. But I don't think so.

Calling the faithfulness of the adaptation irrelevant is a deflection though and saying there are better ways to do it (let alone without even suggesting how) is still your opinion. In my opinion, if the meeting with Mjöllmile took place entirely in a room with two chairs and a table or if it took place in a hot air balloon over a sea of magma and it's long enough to fill half an episode, then that's what I want to see. Why should it be changed when it doesn't need to be changed? If that's all it takes to chase people off then allow me to reiterate my first post. They have the attention span of a rock.
@NTAD
Does it bug me as much as it does others? No, probably not. I still enjoy the show quite a lot just as I enjoyed the LN. But I do still understand where people are coming from and I have seen a lot of people complain about it, not just here.

I think a faithful adaptation is important, but being faithful doesn't mean it needs to be exactly 1 to 1, you can move things around so it works better in the new format. So for example, the conversation with Mjöllmile, a lot of that conversation could have been condensed and moved to fit in with the festival arc as a flashback which would allow them to show rather than just tell, it's way more interesting when it's being told as it's happening. You really don't need nearly an entire episode for that conversation, only the important bits are needed to explain how we got to this point.
I am become bunny, fluffing of worlds.
Jun 24, 5:41 AM
Dec 2021
IMO the anime is doing a great job not rushing these intense dialogues, bc summarizing them would make a mess with the story. Let’s take a look at what happened to Classroom of the Elite: since S1 the studio were making unnecessary changes and cutting dialogues/monologues essentials to the story, so what happened to COTE ? Little by little the story became kinda shallow, incohesive and with characters having little or no weight in the story (not to mention that the secondary characters are practically useless in the anime), however in Light Novel every character has their own space on story.

You should give a shot to the Light Novel, though it really isn’t that different from anime. I mean, these “boring” parts are even more detailed and extensive
Coast27Jun 24, 5:49 AM
Jun 24, 11:42 AM

Sep 2014
It's like the typical japanese workplace meeting was animated. If you ever been in any of these meetings in tokyo, you could tell how much redundancies there are in these meetings filled with pretentious people. They still use stamps, fax, floppy disks, etc. They think and feel productive doing this sh.t. Workplace culture is about being subservient. Sasuga this, sasuga that. Kissing boss *ss everyday even when they are wrong.
Jun 24, 9:42 PM

Feb 2013
Reply to MarchinBunny
@NTAD
Does it bug me as much as it does others? No, probably not. I still enjoy the show quite a lot just as I enjoyed the LN. But I do still understand where people are coming from and I have seen a lot of people complain about it, not just here.

I think a faithful adaptation is important, but being faithful doesn't mean it needs to be exactly 1 to 1, you can move things around so it works better in the new format. So for example, the conversation with Mjöllmile, a lot of that conversation could have been condensed and moved to fit in with the festival arc as a flashback which would allow them to show rather than just tell, it's way more interesting when it's being told as it's happening. You really don't need nearly an entire episode for that conversation, only the important bits are needed to explain how we got to this point.
@MarchinBunny My desire for 1 to 1 stems mostly from being disappointed in left-out context in other shows over the years. I'd be open to the idea of incorporating the conversation as a flashback but only if it was not just a one-off and still contains the entirety of the discussion, albeit broken up into multiple smaller flashbacks of a few seconds at a time to add all the proper context. In supposition, say each time when a planned event is reached that was previously discussed, a 30 second or so flashback of that particular piece of the conversation plays explaining the planning and details of how it came to be. Then rinse and repeat. I could support this but, ultimately, I would still prefer 1 to 1 purely for the sake of zero context being lost. We may have to agree to disagree on this.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Softhenic03 - Yesterday

67 by Adverrito »»
19 minutes ago

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 19

104 by Sugram22 »»
31 minutes ago

» [Leak] Season 4 Production decision

Kast2 - Yesterday

19 by blxckboyy »»
2 hours ago

» Ranking the strongest character that have been shown in the anime.

RjtheGreat14 - 9 hours ago

5 by Rimuru_755 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 13

77 by Magicmist »»
3 hours ago

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.