Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 11, 12:26 PM

May 2022
Reply to James-LastOmnic
sillywackygatto said:
"I saw about 50 'TSUNDERU IS CUTE' posts in 4chan's /csm/ general"
maybe the problem is that you're looking at 4chan's /csm/ general

u went and wrote a multi-paragraph rant and still managed to say nothing of actual value or substance.

There is no need to argue further with you as you proved my point by providing not a single counter argument to anything that I said, even starting off an ad hominem of the worst kind. I explained myself clearly by stating with arguments last chapter and this one were dull and inconsequential, you didn't even tried to proved me wrong, therefore I win this debate and you should stop even considering replying.
what complaint am i supposed to argue against? that important plot points haven't been reintroduced? the kiss that nayuta wiped from asa's memory was reintroduced a chapter ago. the justice devil's identity was (and still kinda is) a consistent mystery that was constantly reintroduced and re-contextualized.
am i supposed to be mad at fakesaw man not yet returning? is a deliberate mystery not being spoon-fed to the reader of a serialized manga something to actually argue about?

you aren't in a highschool debate club
Jun 11, 12:45 PM

Aug 2018
Reply to CUM_enjoyer
@James-LastOmnic
Well, I appreciate your response nonetheless, and I almost feel the need to apologize for shooting shots. But let me respond properly to your primary criticism of my sparing compliments to the chapter, or my assumption. Yes, me declaring what Asa is or isn't feeling is purely prognosis. In the end, we are all interpreting. That said, she is more than just blushing; she is crying and is pressed against the wall with a solemn expression. I wouldn't sum all that up to just epic tsundere cuteness overload. But that's just me. You're obviously committed to your point of view, so I will not bother trying to debate or change your mind. You will find no argument from me when it comes to the lower quality of part 2 compared to part 1, in every standard of the series. Those who enjoy part 2 so aggressively are, yes, indeed midwits that cannot understand the very concept of storytelling beyond the generic moe blob bullshit that plagues every aspect of anime and manga content today. Chainsaw Man was fantastic because of its unorthodox and innovative approach to the shounen storytelling format, and it's a damn shame to see it sink into a more generic brand as it has persisted beyond its due date. Your points in the previous post to the other guy make some valid complaints and point out the things left out of the story that also, for me, cause irritation. I will say, though, Yuko is not a plot hole; she is dead. I believe her story is over and done with, even if it was a nothing burger that overall meant nothing. Fakesaw Man is weird, was introduced a few times, but overall has not been made into any meaningful element in the story so far, despite how long ago he was initially introduced. But that isn't to say that he won't later on, but yes, it is frustrating that more elements keep getting introduced despite so many other plot threads being left out in the rain. And finally, Nostradamus was introduced like 20 chapters ago or some shit. I wouldn't say it was abandoned since that seems to be the overarching (albeit lazy) plot conflict riding over the heads of all the characters. It's something more to do with the promise that the death devil will arrive and involve themselves with the characters at some point. I think that's the general takeaway from the little giblets that we have been given. I will just reiterate, however, that with these kinds of stories, and Fujimoto has shown to be an avid user of this storytelling method, things do not need to be stated to be the intentional meaning in the imagery. He is using a comic, manga, whatever as his method of telling his story because he wishes to use the visuals to their maximum. So when we see characters showing their sad expressions, then I think we can have our takeaway that the character is sad due to the event that led them to that scene with said sad expression. Thusly, Asa is sad and flushed because she jerked Denji's diminutive chain.

Now, Chainsaw Man part 2, not being recognized as something of quality creation, is not an unpopular take, especially to someone that does browse the cesspool of 4chan Chainsaw Man discussion. I would recommend staying far, far away from those discussions of intellectual destruction, where anyone who would dare participate are bait posters and nigh degenerate dipshits at best. 4chan is a place of shitposting, not proper discussion. Now, I'm not here to tell you where you should or should not have your fandom discussions, or whatever, just that you must know that the views and opinions on that site are not going to accurately reflect the feelings you may see of a person who is on here or somewhere else. A friend of mine who has never once dwelled in any kind of online cesspool anime discussion has an optimistic view of part 2 and genuinely enjoys it, and he is not an avid anime consumer. I think that separation for him gives him a pretty stark and balanced perception of the series. Let's not forget that the beginning of part 2 was more than fine and good, and I would say really did well in capturing the Chainsaw Man aesthetic and humor, with a new cast and interesting start to the setting. Like the chicken devil and that whole mess, which I always look back on as being something very funny and weird, which is what Fujimoto does best. It has its problems, like its incessant need to introduce new characters and plot threads and conflicts while hardly touching the current issue or presented point in the story, leaving us with a bunch of half-baked unfinished threads or plotlines. It's frustrating, and it makes the pacing a dragging miserable mess, all added on with the fact we are reading the series as it's slowly drip-fed to us through bite-sized chapters we get on a weekly basis, at best, if not way longer. The waits leading to these small little chapters that barely move the plot forward, if at all, with gradually worsening art, are definitely a blow to the morale. But I will not slander the series as a whole, because to me, it looks like Fujimoto is running out of steam and has written himself into a dead end where he really just doesn't care about the current point of the plot. Only now have I really bothered continuing to even read the series because I found the most recent chapters to be the first promise of something actually happening, instead of Nayuta fighting a riot of people and then pacifying them, then not, then pacifying them again, then not, over and over, for like 3 chapters. If we want to talk about a no-substance delivery of chapters, that right there would be it. Anyway, I'm yapping, over yapping even. I am done. My point is made. I am not mad, but I ask you to simply chill and not bother with reading this series anymore if you hate it this much, because I do understand, and I too took a break to avoid this kind of irrational irritation with the storytelling. In the end, it doesn't matter.
CUM_enjoyer said:
Well, I appreciate your response nonetheless, and I almost feel the need to apologize for shooting shots. But let me respond properly to your primary criticism of my sparing compliments to the chapter, or my assumption. Yes, me declaring what Asa is or isn't feeling is purely prognosis. In the end, we are all interpreting. That said, she is more than just blushing; she is crying and is pressed against the wall with a solemn expression. I wouldn't sum all that up to just epic tsundere cuteness overload. But that's just me. You're obviously committed to your point of view, so I will not bother trying to debate or change your mind. You will find no argument from me when it comes to the lower quality of part 2 compared to part 1, in every standard of the series. Those who enjoy part 2 so aggressively are, yes, indeed midwits that cannot understand the very concept of storytelling beyond the generic moe blob bullshit that plagues every aspect of anime and manga content today. Chainsaw Man was fantastic because of its unorthodox and innovative approach to the shounen storytelling format, and it's a damn shame to see it sink into a more generic brand as it has persisted beyond its due date. Your points in the previous post to the other guy make some valid complaints and point out the things left out of the story that also, for me, cause irritation. I will say, though, Yuko is not a plot hole; she is dead. I believe her story is over and done with, even if it was a nothing burger that overall meant nothing. Fakesaw Man is weird, was introduced a few times, but overall has not been made into any meaningful element in the story so far, despite how long ago he was initially introduced. But that isn't to say that he won't later on, but yes, it is frustrating that more elements keep getting introduced despite so many other plot threads being left out in the rain. And finally, Nostradamus was introduced like 20 chapters ago or some shit. I wouldn't say it was abandoned since that seems to be the overarching (albeit lazy) plot conflict riding over the heads of all the characters. It's something more to do with the promise that the death devil will arrive and involve themselves with the characters at some point. I think that's the general takeaway from the little giblets that we have been given. I will just reiterate, however, that with these kinds of stories, and Fujimoto has shown to be an avid user of this storytelling method, things do not need to be stated to be the intentional meaning in the imagery. He is using a comic, manga, whatever as his method of telling his story because he wishes to use the visuals to their maximum. So when we see characters showing their sad expressions, then I think we can have our takeaway that the character is sad due to the event that led them to that scene with said sad expression. Thusly, Asa is sad and flushed because she jerked Denji's diminutive chain.

Now, Chainsaw Man part 2, not being recognized as something of quality creation, is not an unpopular take, especially to someone that does browse the cesspool of 4chan Chainsaw Man discussion. I would recommend staying far, far away from those discussions of intellectual destruction, where anyone who would dare participate are bait posters and nigh degenerate dipshits at best. 4chan is a place of shitposting, not proper discussion. Now, I'm not here to tell you where you should or should not have your fandom discussions, or whatever, just that you must know that the views and opinions on that site are not going to accurately reflect the feelings you may see of a person who is on here or somewhere else. A friend of mine who has never once dwelled in any kind of online cesspool anime discussion has an optimistic view of part 2 and genuinely enjoys it, and he is not an avid anime consumer. I think that separation for him gives him a pretty stark and balanced perception of the series. Let's not forget that the beginning of part 2 was more than fine and good, and I would say really did well in capturing the Chainsaw Man aesthetic and humor, with a new cast and interesting start to the setting. Like the chicken devil and that whole mess, which I always look back on as being something very funny and weird, which is what Fujimoto does best. It has its problems, like its incessant need to introduce new characters and plot threads and conflicts while hardly touching the current issue or presented point in the story, leaving us with a bunch of half-baked unfinished threads or plotlines. It's frustrating, and it makes the pacing a dragging miserable mess, all added on with the fact we are reading the series as it's slowly drip-fed to us through bite-sized chapters we get on a weekly basis, at best, if not way longer. The waits leading to these small little chapters that barely move the plot forward, if at all, with gradually worsening art, are definitely a blow to the morale. But I will not slander the series as a whole, because to me, it looks like Fujimoto is running out of steam and has written himself into a dead end where he really just doesn't care about the current point of the plot. Only now have I really bothered continuing to even read the series because I found the most recent chapters to be the first promise of something actually happening, instead of Nayuta fighting a riot of people and then pacifying them, then not, then pacifying them again, then not, over and over, for like 3 chapters. If we want to talk about a no-substance delivery of chapters, that right there would be it. Anyway, I'm yapping, over yapping even. I am done. My point is made. I am not mad, but I ask you to simply chill and not bother with reading this series anymore if you hate it this much, because I do understand, and I too took a break to avoid this kind of irrational irritation with the storytelling. In the end, it doesn't matter.

I've read with attention everything you have written there and I must say I entirely agree with you on everything. There is nothing I'd want to respond to you about because you share the same opinions as I do about part 2, mostly a feeling of disappointment coming from part 1 especially because we both agree how good of a writer Fujimoto actually is. I do concede that I might under evaluate Asa's reaction depiction in this chapter but I still feel like you perhaps over analyse it as well, but it's not that big of a deal in my opinion. Otherwise I do liked the beginning of part2 a lot, like you do. I do think most storylines are half baked for the past year, like you do. I also think Fujimoto has run out of steam to continue, like you do, but I also still have a glimmer of hope he can still finds a way to end up making sense of all of what he made so far in part2 and therefore, will keep on reading it despite not liking it because my honest flaw is that I like "Chainsaw Man", the license, way more than I hate "Chainsaw man", in its current manga state. Also going on 4chan in chainsaw man generals is a stupid idea for sure, however I mostly use it to assess a kind of "outsider" consensus about the manga in a community which shares way more radical views towards media than the usual mainstream crowd does, but I didn't made that clear at first so it's entirely my fault alone sorry.
Jun 11, 12:59 PM

Oct 2007
With such attitude "only done it because it felt good", Asa is a serial rapist in the making.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 11, 1:02 PM

Jul 2016
Reply to James-LastOmnic
CUM_enjoyer said:

I've read with attention everything you have written there and I must say I entirely agree with you on everything. There is nothing I'd want to respond to you about because you share the same opinions as I do about part 2, mostly a feeling of disappointment coming from part 1 especially because we both agree how good of a writer Fujimoto actually is. I do concede that I might under evaluate Asa's reaction depiction in this chapter but I still feel like you perhaps over analyse it as well, but it's not that big of a deal in my opinion. Otherwise I do liked the beginning of part2 a lot, like you do. I do think most storylines are half baked for the past year, like you do. I also think Fujimoto has run out of steam to continue, like you do, but I also still have a glimmer of hope he can still finds a way to end up making sense of all of what he made so far in part2 and therefore, will keep on reading it despite not liking it because my honest flaw is that I like "Chainsaw Man", the license, way more than I hate "Chainsaw man", in its current manga state. Also going on 4chan in chainsaw man generals is a stupid idea for sure, however I mostly use it to assess a kind of "outsider" consensus about the manga in a community which shares way more radical views towards media than the usual mainstream crowd does, but I didn't made that clear at first so it's entirely my fault alone sorry.
@James-LastOmnic nah you're good. I appreciate your response and amicability. All is well, and some of the discussion earlier was getting heated, simply due to others not responding to well to your bare criticisms, though they did come from a place of genuine frustration, so I do respect your input going against the grain, in the very least. And your reasoning for going to 4chan is fair, i have done much of the same for other similar topics, if not for the same topics. I believe i did go for the last chapter, curious to see what they were saying in response to it. More of the same stupidity for the most part. Anyway, glad we could come to an agreement. There may just be light at the end of the tunnel yet, let us not lose hope. Fujimoto may just find his mojo on the rise.
Jun 11, 1:02 PM

Oct 2007
Reply to dxlkse
kobeni def gon be working at the sushi place
@DXLKSM will kobeni give denji a round 2?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 11, 1:24 PM
Jan 2018
Reply to James-LastOmnic
>Jerks off main character in an alley out of nowhere
>every single casuals, normies and csm bandwagonners on the internet loses their mind
>next chapter
>no consequences
>denji ? he forgor
>Asa ? cares only about the kiss
>fucking off to the sushi restaurant like last chapter could have been skipped

That is part2 writing and modern Fujimbo for you dawgs lmaoooo.
@James-LastOmnic Did you expect the whole arc to finish in one chapter? This is 100% not a moment to forget bro. Denji is going through it hard. He's feeling all type of shit. We don't know how this will affect their relationship.
Jun 11, 1:42 PM

Oct 2007
Reply to vlad07
@James-LastOmnic Did you expect the whole arc to finish in one chapter? This is 100% not a moment to forget bro. Denji is going through it hard. He's feeling all type of shit. We don't know how this will affect their relationship.
@vlad07 what nonsense is that? even the battle at the end of part 1 didn't finish in one chapter, and there were moments of putting out information why the stupid actions of the antagonist are supposed to be relevant ...
there were more than one battles total to finish off part 1

idk seems like you want a slice of life alternative manga, you might get it, this manga might drag really long, but instead of worrying why not go read what you want to read? CSM is random, you can't pretend to know what you get next.
Jun 11, 2:19 PM
Apr 2024
im so sick of Fujimoto 😭 its himeno’s character assassination for his stupid fetishes all over again
Jun 11, 2:22 PM

Oct 2017
Reply to vlad07
@vlad07 you would think asa would put a little more immediate thought into the fact she just jerked him off and he nutted on her hand
Jun 11, 2:25 PM
Jan 2018
Reply to James-LastOmnic
@CUM_enjoyer
Thank you for your argumentation I genuinely appreciate it, unfortunantely the absolute god sent individual that I am managed to respond to everything you adressed in a post which wasn't even adressed to you before I even read your post. Mainly that for sure Fujimoto will bring back this event in a substantial way, which I know for a fact will not happen, and that you headcannon like most part2 fans something which wasn't stated, Asa is not depresssed by anything no matter how much you'll try to convince yourself she was, last pannel we see her she's blushing like a tsundere.

I need to adress this on the other hand :
CUM_enjoyer said:
In case you don't know what implication means, both in and out of fiction, I'm implying you as a contrarian.

To be a contrarian of csm part2 it first needs to be recognized as something of quality, which it is not in the slightest. Actually no people who ever read Chainsaw man when it was still publishing thinks part 2 is even remotely good, but part2 discourse is an echo chamber of bandwagonners who started reading chainsaw man after the anime in 2022/2023, which is why you will only encounter people talking of part2 highly because they are deeply into it, otherwise when part2 eventually finishes or gets into mainstream that its fans will have to face the reality that everyone will find it for what it is, an utter dogshit disappointment from the masterpiece of its 1st part. I deny being a contrarian and especially of chainsaw man, I love part1 from chapter 1 to 97 because I find it great, I dislike everything from 110 onwards because it is genuinely bad, 110 and not 98 because I actually had hope when part2 started and still like its pilot chapter.
@James-LastOmnic
I started reading Chainsaw-man in 2019. I got into it because I really liked Firepunch(which I read before) and saw Fujimoto also has another series.
To me, part 1 of chainsaw-man, while great, isn't what Fujimoto usually writes. To me, it's funny seeing you complain about people who started reading after seeing the anime being the group that are going against the grain of the "seasoned" manga readers because I'm one of them and I'm totally fine with part 2. Actually, I like it. It's closer to Firepunch, which I love. I didn't get into Fujimoto because of CSM part 1. What's the point in comparing who is the more seasoned fan?
To me, both the group of people that huff copium thinking part 2 will somehow pay off and guys like you who give "arguments" for why it's shit are just silly. Both groups are not engaging with the actual work of art you're consuming and also not with Fujimoto as an artist. This is not a case of an artist fumbling his series. He's doing what he wants the way he sees fit. If you don't like it, stop reading. Instead of having discussions about the material we're reading and enjoying we're bogged down in silly debates over who's right about their opinion on the manga.

"its fans will have to face the reality that everyone will find it for what it is". Since when does someone else's opinion matter when it comes to enjoying art lol. I personally won't have to face anything. I know what I like and what appeals to me. If anything, I feel a little sad that Fujimoto hit mainstream and has to face shit like this now. I'd much rather everyone here faces the reality that maybe this stuff just ain't for you and let others enjoy and discuss about what they like.

You won't be getting any brownie points for having the "right opinion". That's what I hear when I read posts done by guys like you who mention being "recognized as something of quality", having to "face reality", "echo chambers", "convincing yourself". Bro, what greater truth are you trying to point to when you're typing words on your keyboard? You keep making references to some kind of bigger-than-life concept of truth and reality in which you're magically right, if only the people reading your posts would live in it, a.k.a "face the reality". It boggles the mind that people think of art in such ways. I get that you personally cannot consume art without having ""actual reasons and arguments"" based on an "actual reality" (the fuck that would mean anyway) through which to reason about you disliking or liking whatever you're consuming but do try to keep it to yourself more. It's painfully obvious that we don't all share your "reality" and, no matter how you put it, the reason for that isn't that other people are just clouded in their judgement. It's also not because you're wrong, if your worldview somehow lets you comprehend such a concept. This shit ain't a puzzle, there's no right answer to tell someone.
vlad07Jun 11, 2:42 PM
Jun 11, 2:25 PM

Aug 2019
This shit literally cant stop. The most gripping manga ive seen in years (and the story is not that amazing)
Jun 11, 2:29 PM

Mar 2021
Reply to CUM_enjoyer
@James-LastOmnic nah you're good. I appreciate your response and amicability. All is well, and some of the discussion earlier was getting heated, simply due to others not responding to well to your bare criticisms, though they did come from a place of genuine frustration, so I do respect your input going against the grain, in the very least. And your reasoning for going to 4chan is fair, i have done much of the same for other similar topics, if not for the same topics. I believe i did go for the last chapter, curious to see what they were saying in response to it. More of the same stupidity for the most part. Anyway, glad we could come to an agreement. There may just be light at the end of the tunnel yet, let us not lose hope. Fujimoto may just find his mojo on the rise.
@CUM_enjoyer Jesus dude you cooked with that novel you wrote above. Respect

@James-LastOmnic I agree with both yall. So glad to see this discussion and it's conclusion 🤝
OdabraniJun 11, 2:33 PM

Jun 11, 3:10 PM
Jul 2016
Denji's "wtf just happened?" face was hilarious. guess they're finally getting Sushi. I swear, I'm doubting this'll just be a simple meal in the upcoming chapters lmao.
Jun 11, 3:10 PM

Oct 2011
Reply to JoanRaba21
Does Denji even know Asa is (or has) the War Devil?
Doubt it. I don't believe he was ever told about it on panel, at least.

Jun 11, 3:14 PM

Apr 2016
Asa fighting Yoru in her own body is pretty funny lol
It seems like who controls Asa's body is getting more and more complicated as they continue to share a body
It's funny how much of a fuss people on the internet made about "that last scene" from the previous chapter all week and it was pretty much just immediately brushed off here lol
Jun 11, 3:25 PM

Apr 2022
My man and my girl were used by a demon
Hey dude
Jun 11, 3:58 PM

May 2008
Denji trauma expands indefinitely.

Jun 11, 4:42 PM
Jun 2016
Can Asa punch Yoru but not take her hand from Denji's pants?
Jun 11, 4:56 PM
Jun 2023
Interesting...so Asa can partially control herself
Jun 11, 5:15 PM

Aug 2018
Reply to vlad07
@James-LastOmnic
I started reading Chainsaw-man in 2019. I got into it because I really liked Firepunch(which I read before) and saw Fujimoto also has another series.
To me, part 1 of chainsaw-man, while great, isn't what Fujimoto usually writes. To me, it's funny seeing you complain about people who started reading after seeing the anime being the group that are going against the grain of the "seasoned" manga readers because I'm one of them and I'm totally fine with part 2. Actually, I like it. It's closer to Firepunch, which I love. I didn't get into Fujimoto because of CSM part 1. What's the point in comparing who is the more seasoned fan?
To me, both the group of people that huff copium thinking part 2 will somehow pay off and guys like you who give "arguments" for why it's shit are just silly. Both groups are not engaging with the actual work of art you're consuming and also not with Fujimoto as an artist. This is not a case of an artist fumbling his series. He's doing what he wants the way he sees fit. If you don't like it, stop reading. Instead of having discussions about the material we're reading and enjoying we're bogged down in silly debates over who's right about their opinion on the manga.

"its fans will have to face the reality that everyone will find it for what it is". Since when does someone else's opinion matter when it comes to enjoying art lol. I personally won't have to face anything. I know what I like and what appeals to me. If anything, I feel a little sad that Fujimoto hit mainstream and has to face shit like this now. I'd much rather everyone here faces the reality that maybe this stuff just ain't for you and let others enjoy and discuss about what they like.

You won't be getting any brownie points for having the "right opinion". That's what I hear when I read posts done by guys like you who mention being "recognized as something of quality", having to "face reality", "echo chambers", "convincing yourself". Bro, what greater truth are you trying to point to when you're typing words on your keyboard? You keep making references to some kind of bigger-than-life concept of truth and reality in which you're magically right, if only the people reading your posts would live in it, a.k.a "face the reality". It boggles the mind that people think of art in such ways. I get that you personally cannot consume art without having ""actual reasons and arguments"" based on an "actual reality" (the fuck that would mean anyway) through which to reason about you disliking or liking whatever you're consuming but do try to keep it to yourself more. It's painfully obvious that we don't all share your "reality" and, no matter how you put it, the reason for that isn't that other people are just clouded in their judgement. It's also not because you're wrong, if your worldview somehow lets you comprehend such a concept. This shit ain't a puzzle, there's no right answer to tell someone.
@vlad07
vlad07 said:

For someone accusing me of posing like a superior fan and starting off your argument with "I started reading Chainsaw man in 2019" is kind of hypocritical to an absurd extent but whatever. I never compared anyone as more "seasoned fans" than others, I just made an observation of a real phenomenon, most part 2 readers discovered chainsaw man after it started, which has a huge impact on its perception to the public, but I get why you would misinterpret it, so I'll give you that.
Something I do not give you however is how you go on the defensive and get on your high horses and try to decide how a community shall engage with the media its consuming and contradicting yourself in the very same paragraph.
vlad07 said:
Instead of having discussions about the material we're reading and enjoying we're bogged down in silly debates over who's right about their opinion on the manga.

This is literally what I'm doing and what YOU are trying to keep me from doing trying to pose yourself as an higher up, this topic is called "chainsaw man chapter discussion" and I am trying to start up a discussion as the purpose intended, instead of most other posts which are people just stating their opinion which is usually a single sentence or joke. You have absolutely no right to deny me to read something because I don't like it, this is the textbook argument of the pissed off fan who doesn't want to partake into a conversation about the media they enjoy because they dont like when people dislike what they like, sorry to tell you but critics have existed for milleniums, and art critic in particular is something that has always been done and was never frowned upon by fans of a piece of art. I do agree I use radical terms to convey my thinking, this is simply a debate technique to add a sense of conviction into my words. What I don't like is that you attack me on semantic and dont respond to any of my actual criticism about the chapters, you didn't mention anything about the manga itself, I intepret it as you just dont want me to talk about your beloved manga but I will not stop as the reason I talk about it in the first place is because I used to like it before it turned bad.
vlad07 said:
Since when does someone else's opinion matter when it comes to enjoying art

That's the thing you don't get because you are perhaps entitled to your values, which I am not. For me EVERYONE'S OPINION matter when it comes to enjoying art, that's exactly what I like about art is the many wayq in which people can enjoy it or not for different reason depending on everyone's experiences. That's how I build my taste, through discussions and analysis of varying opinions, it made me discovered things I love about things I used to hate before.
vlad07 said:
I'd much rather everyone here faces the reality that maybe this stuff just ain't for you and let others enjoy and discuss about what they like.

Once again that's what you don't get, this is not a private club despite you wanting it to be, I never kept anyone from liking what they like and I just partaked into discussion. You cannot keep people from consuming media because they dont like it, as not liking something is a right everyone has and only is badly viewed nowadays because fans like you want to stay in echo chambers of people only talking about how much they like the thing they consume and do not want to engage into actual discussions. That's why you accused me on the principle of just "starting discussion" and not the argument I was actually providing, which is "events in part 2 have no consequences", reality here is that between the 2 of us I'm the only one who actually talk about the manga. Right before you I was responding to someone both sharing and disliking the opinion I had about the chapter, but we still managed to come to an agreement, proving my attempt to discuss had purpose and I did what I wanted to do which is engaging with the actual work of art I'm consuming.
Your last paragraph is basically you going on a rambling tangeant about just me sharing my opinion, you over interpret so much in your head trying to depict me as a bad guy because I dislike something you like you make way more of a bigger deal than I do, I dont have "the right opinion", I have "an opinion" but you think I impose my opinion as some kind of actual "objetive truth" which I never did, you can read back what I wrote again if you don't believe me, but my point is and still is "this and last chapter had no consequences" but you dont want to respond to me about that. I actually dont care and you're allowed to dislike my approach towards appreciating art which is entirely analytical meanwhile you seem to more appreciate in an emotional standpoint, however I'd rather argue with you about the manga in itself than the validity of me trying to discuss it.
James-LastOmnicJun 11, 5:18 PM
Jun 11, 7:04 PM

Jul 2016
Reply to Odabrani
@CUM_enjoyer Jesus dude you cooked with that novel you wrote above. Respect

@James-LastOmnic I agree with both yall. So glad to see this discussion and it's conclusion 🤝
@Odabrani Thank you sir. You are a gentleman, and a scholar.
Jun 11, 7:50 PM

Jan 2021
asa & yoru reaction, denji reaction next chapter?
spiritual successor of lord rothchild.
Jun 11, 8:47 PM
May 2023
I have no words, but I understand the emptiness. I'm predicting (cause Fujoshi never disappoints...) that Asa will die at the end of this. No way Dennis ends happy in Chesno Mane.
Jun 11, 9:32 PM
Oct 2023
the name of the chapter was😂😂😂
Jun 11, 10:27 PM
Dec 2019
My trust in Fujimoto has never been stretched in such a weird way. It’s not thin but now it’s in the shape of a pretzel or something
Jun 12, 3:19 AM
Jan 2018
All he wants is a loving gf he's tired of the confusion and abuse
Jun 12, 4:02 AM
Jan 2021
nut punch hits hard
Jun 12, 5:31 AM
Oct 2023
So brutal. Idk whether to feel worse for Asa or Denji.
Jun 12, 9:33 AM

Oct 2021
Denji's heartbroken. Asa and Yoru likes the kiss, but only to beat Denji down with it. Kiss, kiss, kiss, smooch, smooch, smooch, and Denji is still devastated. And now, here we come for a sushi chapter. 🤦🏻‍♀️🍣 I don't know where this manga is going. But, it's going.

-------------------------
Marianne

~Effort, Fortitude, and Tenacity
Jun 12, 12:26 PM
Apr 2024
Am I the only one that doesn't know where the story is goin anymore? Like we haven't actually seen chainsaw man in how many chapters??idk kinda feels like the author is losing interest in the story :/
Jun 12, 12:29 PM
Apr 2020
absolutely peak work from Fujimoto, got my boy Denji looking like he lost Power and Aki over a kiss and that Ultra 4K post nut clarity
Jun 12, 12:30 PM
Apr 2020
Cyberdre4ms said:
Am I the only one that doesn't know where the story is goin anymore? Like we haven't actually seen chainsaw man in how many chapters??idk kinda feels like the author is losing interest in the story :/

lol this "apocalypse got hinted at like 20+ ch ago and these mfs are literally jerking each other off and eating sushi... this low-key like the polar opposite mood of Part 1 but is somehow just as funny imo
Jun 12, 12:43 PM
Apr 2024
Reply to Genkai_Haven
Cyberdre4ms said:

lol this "apocalypse got hinted at like 20+ ch ago and these mfs are literally jerking each other off and eating sushi... this low-key like the polar opposite mood of Part 1 but is somehow just as funny imo
@Genkai_Haven I completely forgot bout the apocalypse 😂 honestly don't even know what the plot is anymore 😭 I think I need to reread the last 20+ chapters
Part 1 was defo better tho
Jun 12, 2:08 PM

Jun 2009
Really sad chapter with Denji going through these emotions. I'm glad the follow-up to last week was something like that.

Really wish Fujimoto would just go biweekly or monthly. The forced weekly pacing is stilted and is chopping up longer drama pieces that could be a bit smoother.
Jun 12, 2:26 PM
Nov 2016
This Sushi mini-arc sure is something and I'm loving it.
Jun 12, 5:23 PM
Dec 2021
i want them to marry <3
Jun 12, 6:17 PM

Aug 2018
...Well, after THE SITUATION.
It's time to eat sushi xd
Jun 13, 2:49 AM

Dec 2022
Asa has gone full Tyler Durden. guess that makes Denji poor lil Marla Singer
Jun 13, 10:02 AM
Jan 2023
Damn I can feel bad is gonna happen
Jun 13, 10:02 AM
Jan 2023
Damn I can feel bad is gonna happen
Jun 14, 3:12 AM
May 2021
all of the recent arc for this i dont care what anyone says this is peak writing no jokes no jones
Jun 14, 8:50 PM

Jul 2017
This is actually pretty interesting. Seems to be hinting that Asa and Yoru are becoming more of one being, which also hints at the nature of Denji and Chainsaw Man, which of course has been his struggle for the whole of Part 2. This makes me much more hopeful for the coming chapters.

Also this is my 1000th forum post - wow!
Yesterday, 7:35 AM

Nov 2014
soooo asa is gonna die right?
I can see it coming..that'll drive denji mad and it'll Start a whole new arc maybe?
9 hours ago
May 2023
The author is definitely gonna keep doin crazy shit like this to keep people on chainsaw man after how people reacted to chapter 167
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » is denji a real depiction of gen z?

FruitPunchBaka - May 31

35 by Ludumm »»
25 minutes ago

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 167 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Jun 4

373 by did4375 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 157 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MegamiRem - Mar 5

61 by squiddard »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 156 Discussion ( 1 2 )

jas-samaaa - Feb 27

81 by squiddard »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 147 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MegamiRem - Oct 31, 2023

71 by Tristanteken »»
Jun 15, 11:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.