Forum Settings
Forums

Some of y'all are wayyy too narrow-minded and pessimisstic because of it

New
Jun 6, 4:55 PM

Apr 2024
Seriously, a huge number of MAL users are simply in the most doom and gloom mindset. If a show has hype and marketing, it's "overrated", if you haven't heard of it or personally seen a group of people talking about it, it's "Dead" and "going to be axed". If a shonen series actually manages to be popular with its target audience of young people, it has a cringe fanbase and is trash, and you'll refuse to interact with it.

Why do you folks only seem to hold hate in your heart?
"Dreams are worth fighting for"
Jun 6, 5:05 PM

Aug 2019
fuck people
I'm here for the animation
If someone asks me if I watch anime in real life I deny it
No friend, I don't watch that crap
Jun 6, 5:15 PM

Apr 2024
Reply to Taiyaa
fuck people
I'm here for the animation
If someone asks me if I watch anime in real life I deny it
No friend, I don't watch that crap
@Taiyaa Then why are you talking on the forums, where the people are?
Jun 6, 5:36 PM
Sep 2021
Focusing on the negative comes much more naturally, due to various psychological reasons. Additionally, those with negative opinions tend to be more vocal in discussion. It is your perception that a huge number of people using MAL think in the manner you described.

The remedy to this is not giving it attention or buying into it; doing the inverse (not being pessimistic or making generalizations) helps.
Jun 6, 5:38 PM

Apr 2024
Reply to lacarde
Focusing on the negative comes much more naturally, due to various psychological reasons. Additionally, those with negative opinions tend to be more vocal in discussion. It is your perception that a huge number of people using MAL think in the manner you described.

The remedy to this is not giving it attention or buying into it; doing the inverse (not being pessimistic or making generalizations) helps.
@lacarde Wait... you're saying that, by making this thread, I'm contributing to the problem I have described? Damn, I've been played, by my own emotions.
Jun 6, 5:41 PM
Sep 2021
Reply to Timeline_man
@lacarde Wait... you're saying that, by making this thread, I'm contributing to the problem I have described? Damn, I've been played, by my own emotions.
@Timeline_man It happens to the best of us. It can be frustrating to come across what you've described - it's perfectly understandable.
Jun 6, 8:11 PM
ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Aug 2014
I don't know, I tend to like what I watch.
Jun 7, 12:16 AM

Sep 2016
There will always be vocal haters, it's unavoidable and not even a bad thing, otherwise there would be only praise posts and that would be too boring.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Jun 7, 1:35 AM

Jan 2009
the vocal haters are usually the minority so thats why i like to check the episode discussion polls to see what the majority thinks
Jun 7, 2:07 AM

May 2021
Timeline_man said:
Seriously, a huge number of MAL users are simply in the most doom and gloom mindset. If a show has hype and marketing, it's "overrated", if you haven't heard of it or personally seen a group of people talking about it, it's "Dead" and "going to be axed". If a shonen series actually manages to be popular with its target audience of young people, it has a cringe fanbase and is trash, and you'll refuse to interact with it.

It's just a loud minority of very immature idiots who behave like that, don't bother with them
What debating with DigiCat is like according to APolygons2
That's why I thought a discussion would be pointless. It doesn't feel like a debate. It feels like I'm playing chess and somehow lose to an uno reverse card after loosing all my monopoly money lol
Jun 7, 4:21 AM

Dec 2015
I'm neutral towards towards anime stuff for most of the cases [Only hatred for loli/shota stuff]. I ain't hating that much because:

Timeline_man said:

As a Polish person there's too many IRL people whom I hate just naturally born with it as a typical Polish guy so my heart doesn't have any space left for anime titles/fans etc.
Jun 9, 10:14 AM

Apr 2020
Timeline_man said:

Am I supposed to lie and say the anime I have a strong dislike for is good?

Though occasionally I'm very neutral with anime series, I like what I like and I hate what I hate.
Nina supporter for life💕
Jun 9, 10:28 AM

Jul 2013
Nobody said that I was pessimistic, just fyi. Why would I want to be a pessimist?
Jun 9, 10:31 AM

Feb 2018
I haven't really watched any anime in a year. Just a couple episodes here and there. Despite being on this forum for years now, i have hardly made 5 comments in the anime/manga categories
Resign? 🕊➤Yes / No Resign? Yes / ⚔➤No

Jun 9, 10:34 AM

Sep 2016
Reply to DesuMaiden
Nobody said that I was pessimistic, just fyi. Why would I want to be a pessimist?
Constantly spreading NTHE doom propaganda and now claiming to not be a pessimist ...

This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Jun 9, 10:46 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to tsukareru
I haven't really watched any anime in a year. Just a couple episodes here and there. Despite being on this forum for years now, i have hardly made 5 comments in the anime/manga categories
@tsukareru Similar here. I've been barely watching to not watching anything for over a year within the past few years and I've considerably spent way less time on AD than on CD or even Support or Games, Computers & Tech Support. There is usually hardly anything I would want to talk about in a media that I would just consume

I don't care at all about the whole scoring and whether or not there have been illegitimate accounts up-voting or down-voting certain shows, as I never pick what I watch because of the average score, but rather because I either find the synopsis interesting or because it's a recommendation or a favorite of a friend/good buddy/someone I like/find sympathetic or because I've read about the Anime in an Anime magazine like Koneko and got curious about it
Jun 9, 10:49 AM

Jun 2024
Yeah, I don't understand why some people are like that with certain anime.
To the dumb question, "Why me?", the cosmos barely bothers to return the reply, "Why not?".
Jun 9, 10:53 AM

Jul 2013
Reply to Zarutaku
Constantly spreading NTHE doom propaganda and now claiming to not be a pessimist ...

@Zarutaku NTHE is not propaganda. Denying it is propaganda, however. You got to be pretty foolish to think that technology is rapidly "advancing" (which it is not). That AI tech nonsense is propaganda at its finest.
Jun 9, 10:58 AM

Feb 2018
Noboru said:
@tsukareru Similar here. I've been barely watching to not watching anything for over a year within the past few years and I've considerably spent way less time on AD than on CD or even Support or Games, Computers & Tech Support. There is usually hardly anything I would want to talk about in a media that I would just consume

I don't care at all about the whole scoring and whether or not there have been illegitimate accounts up-voting or down-voting certain shows, as I never pick what I watch because of the average score, but rather because I either find the synopsis interesting or because it's a recommendation or a favorite of a friend/good buddy/someone I like/find sympathetic or because I've read about the Anime in an Anime magazine like Koneko and got curious about it

Seems like we are having a similar experience right now. I have been thinking about starting Monster anime lately, for the same reason that it is recommended by a friend. I think it will be a slow burn. That's perfect for the pace at which i watch anime now. Like 1 ep a day and sometimes i can't get myself to watch any ep
Resign? 🕊➤Yes / No Resign? Yes / ⚔➤No

Jun 9, 11:39 AM

Jan 2009
tsukareru said:
Seems like we are having a similar experience right now. I have been thinking about starting Monster anime lately, for the same reason that it is recommended by a friend. I think it will be a slow burn. That's perfect for the pace at which i watch anime now. Like 1 ep a day and sometimes i can't get myself to watch any ep
Yeah, just a few years ago, I couldn't imagine going for a longer time without either an Anime to watch or a Visual Novel to read or both, but nowadays, I can spend days, weeks or even months without any form of fictional story to consume directly

Monster will take you a longer while if you only watch an episode here and there
Jun 9, 1:06 PM
Mar 2024
Thr anime community has become so divided that no one can agree on anything. It doesn't matter how good it is. Any "harem" show people will cry their eyes out for it to be cancelled. If a popular show loses good, reception, people will defend it to the bone. Also recency bias meaning newer fans will push their shows. You have seen it in the gundam fanbase. Whenever a new au shows up, hate towards older shows skyrocket
Jun 9, 3:29 PM

Sep 2019
I don't feel like that only applies to mal but yeah this site seems to have their fair share of loud haters lol

"I'm top player hater from Korea" "You b*tches, better recognize."

More topics from this board

» Discord server for doomers

COTEisShitTier - 2 hours ago

5 by DesuMaiden »»
1 minute ago

» Biggest life hot takes? ( 1 2 3 4 )

Rabnawaz2 - Jun 15

158 by SmugMiri »»
3 minutes ago

» UEFA Euro 2024 - General Discussion

dazedcowcow62 - Jun 18

15 by dazedcowcow62 »»
5 minutes ago

» Cheese Nips and the tragedy of discontinued snacks

Nette - Jun 17

11 by SmugMiri »»
13 minutes ago

» Would it be possible die from the placebo effect?

vasipi4946 - 7 hours ago

6 by Mayahuel »»
19 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.