Forum Settings
Forums

What anime was best to watch in the moment week to week?

New
May 18, 6:43 PM

May 2022
What animes do you think benefited a lot from watching it with the crowd during release? During there releases I am sure there was a lot of this is the best anime ever, what really stood out during there release? A lot of anime do seem to get a lot more criticism, after they finish so I think this is interesting to see how people in hindsight think the anime maybe wasn't that great re-watching or going back.
May 18, 6:51 PM
Oct 2019
I can think 3 all of 2019 (the only real year I watched weekly seasonal).
ID invaded for the final plot twist,Runway de Waratte for the buildup to the gala and Joshikousei no Mudazukai for the jokes and especially the one in the last episode. Kimetsu no Yaiba season 1 back then was mostly a sleeper until episode 19.
May 18, 6:56 PM

Jul 2013
Probably Senran Kagura from 2013 and 2018 imo...
May 18, 7:31 PM

Feb 2020
Probably some anime originals, like Madoka and Sora yori mo Tooi Basho.
May 19, 12:52 AM

Sep 2016
Zoopiez said:
During there releases I am sure there was a lot of this is the best anime ever, what really stood out during there release?

Pingu in the City was the best in this regard, if you know you know.

ZarutakuMay 19, 11:17 AM
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
May 19, 1:21 AM

Apr 2020
Jojo's Bizarre Aventure Part 5.
It was crazy how much hype each episode would bring on the net, and rightfully so. They need to do the same with SBR, because the hype was totally killed with Stone Ocean releases en bundles. People would just binge watch the 12 episodes and not talk about them. No memes, no discussions, nothing, it was pretty sad.
May 19, 9:21 AM

Nov 2021
Lycoris Recoil was fun, alot of speculation about Chisato and Hideo Kojima was tweeting about it everyday. It was in a pretty weak season overall so it really stood out.
May 19, 9:28 AM
Jul 2013
People will never understand what it felt like to watch Yuri on Ice weekly, it was so much fun to discuss the episodes
May 19, 9:33 AM

Dec 2019
Assassination Classroom and Vinland Saga S1
May 19, 9:49 AM

Aug 2013
Monday blues are real & I have been struggling with it my entire life. Except for when Sleepy Princess was airing. It was the sole reason why I was genuinely happy it was finally monday :D So yeah to bad I haven't been able to experience that again.
I don't know who quotes me and then deletes the comment, but know that you make my day.

STEAM's GOTY 2024 the Ghost of Tsushima
May 19, 10:53 AM

Jul 2013
Probably Precure or Sailor Moon imo...
May 19, 11:06 AM

Aug 2020
I'll pick two from the current season

Hibike! Euphonium 3 and Shuumatsu Train Doko e Iku?

May 19, 11:12 AM

Aug 2011
The second season of Haruhi Suzumiya, specifically Endless Eight, was a crazy to watch week to week. No one knew that there was actually going to be 8 full episodes, so every week, it was like everyone was holding their breath waiting to see if it was actually happening. Then when it did happen, when the episode started and it was clear that it was another one, there was a feeling of frustration, and a weird kind of respect for KyoAni for actually doing it.

Actually, the first season was also really fun to experience weekly, since it was intentionally aired out of order, leading to lots of theories and speculation about what was going on.

Also anything with lots of twists or stories that really keep you guessing tends to be more fun to watch weekly, series like Higurashi no Naku Koro ni or Steins;Gate.

More topics from this board

» Do you look down on people who watch dubbed anime? ( 1 2 )

Iron_Leopard - Jun 7

92 by Zayvex »»
14 minutes ago

» How do people finish anime they consider bad? ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Yesterday

67 by Shirayukin »»
15 minutes ago

» If you can't do these two things in live action then you shouldn't be able to do them in anime

Iron_Leopard - 20 minutes ago

0 by Iron_Leopard »»
20 minutes ago

» does anyone find it childish and cringe whenever attacks are yelled or named in shonen anime/manga?

Phantomnocomics - Yesterday

34 by Zayvex »»
20 minutes ago

» Is Fall 2024 Shoujo/Josei season?! 😲

Dauphine - Yesterday

9 by TierraRobada »»
20 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.