Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 28, 6:14 AM
Feb 2023
I really hope this won't be overdramatic and with sad ending.

Fortunately so far it seems it won't have any Fanservice and it will be more serious in the topic than My Stepmom's Daughter Was My Ex-Girlfriend.

I also hope it will have happy ending !
Apr 28, 6:25 AM

Feb 2024
whatever you say b r o
Apr 28, 6:41 AM
Feb 2023
IOANNIS1940 said:
I really hope this won't be overdramatic and with sad ending.

Fortunately so far it seems it won't have any Fanservice and it will be more serious in the topic than My Stepmom's Daughter Was My Ex-Girlfriend.

I also hope it will have happy ending !

yes,story gonna be different
Apr 28, 7:06 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
I've read the manga and so far it's quite lighthearted, serious and not the overdramatic one.

I'm sure this will have happy ending :)

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Apr 28, 7:27 AM
Feb 2023
Rinrinka said:
I've read the manga and so far it's quite lighthearted, serious and not the overdramatic one.

Thank God

It has been so cliche the unnecessary drama, which can't say when is gonna pop up for no reason, just to make things complicated.
Apr 28, 7:41 AM
Apr 2023
The story continuation is really good and the MC is not dumb like other romance anime MC
Their relationship progress very smoothly in LN
but somehow it still depends how the animation studio adapts the LN
Apr 28, 1:14 PM

Jan 2020
The thing is that probably there will be no definite ending at all, since the LN that’s being adapted is still ongoing.
Apr 28, 4:17 PM
Jul 2023
it will be a more slice of life than romance. romance starts later in the story and its not overdramatic
Apr 28, 8:18 PM
Sep 2021
From someone who's read somewhat decent volumes of the LN(3 volumes)I can say that there is really little to no fanservice the only fanservice moment I can think of is in volume 3
Apr 28, 10:05 PM

Nov 2019
Ah yes, it would lead to a Domestic Girlfriend

Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

May 2, 9:23 AM
Feb 2023
SgtBateMan said:

Don't unnecessarily compare this anime with that +$!&"!?-&@
May 4, 10:36 AM

Nov 2019
IOANNIS1940 said:
SgtBateMan said:

Then please kindly ask the creator not to ever desire of having a stepsibling (to bang). And to go outside to observe real grass.
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

May 5, 3:53 AM
Feb 2023
Well I'm also against stepsibling romance

One of my most hated romance anime is "My stepmom daughter is my Ex"

But i think I ll give a try in this series because it looks like more decent and more serious on this matter (also i like the artstyle).

By the way I need to remind you that "Domestic girlfriend" it had MORE SERIOUS problems than stepsibling romance.
May 5, 3:54 AM
Feb 2023
SgtBateMan said:
IOANNIS1940 said:

Then please kindly ask the creator not to ever desire of having a stepsibling (to bang). And to go outside to observe real grass.

But i think I ll give a try in this series because it looks like more decent and more serious on this matter (also i like the artstyle).

By the way I need to remind you that "Domestic girlfriend" it had MORE SERIOUS problems than stepsibling romance.
May 9, 7:40 PM
Aug 2023
If you are going to read/watch this series then you will have to be prepared for a sad ending. It might end this way. The ending could be like: They move on and remember each other fondly.

I usually drop a series which has the possibility of a sad ending but this one and Tonikawa are the only exception.

And there is more/less drama but I think they will make moves before s1 ends. (If the anime goes like LN and has 12 episodes).
May 23, 11:26 AM

Jan 2024
How's My stepmothers daughter is my ex is over-dramatic that handled the premise in very realistic way. I watched that thinking it will be trashy but it was so good and only reason I will try this one too.
May 24, 4:32 AM
Feb 2023
Macha_Chele said:
How's My stepmothers daughter is my ex is over-dramatic that handled the premise in very realistic way. I watched that thinking it will be trashy but it was so good and only reason I will try this one too.

Yeah sure it was very realistic.
It was So realistic it has to be on the History channel.

What exact part of the series was realistic tell me please ?

Now let's see, the part of the beginning of the story was very realistic: two adults getting married and their children they had a romantic relationship. They teenagers “should we tell them about it ? No, let's just keep it a secret because we don't want to spoil their marriage or bring any awkward situation in our new family, let's just pretend nothing happened and live an everyday normal life” yeah definitely that's not awkward at all !

And now continue
Main characters thinking “all right we managed to keep it secret now what should we do ?

Boy: I will be mainly and supportive to my new ‘sister’ . I'm not going to fall into her seductive attitude but instead I will give her compliments and act like a hot guy from a shojo manga.

Girl: I will be seductive like a drunk woman in a bar. Creating awkward situations for a man and keeping reminding him how it was when we had a relationship.

Wow very realistic !

Male MC about Isana
“No, I'm not going to be in a healthy relationship with a girl who is falling for me and she's honest and sweet. Instead of that I will be loyal to my ex toxic girlfriend who dumped me for the most stupid reasons in this world and now is my sister.”

Yep, a very realistic, very healthy way of thinking.

And now for the finale

Female MC
“Well what do you know I have fallen for him again !
I will try my best to win him over again, falling for me again (let's forget about the whole plan keep it secret from my new parents)
I'm not going to make him fall for me as her ex ex-girlfriend and classmate.
No I'm going to make him fall for me with my new name as her sister.”

Finale realistic translation:
So in the end we aren't just going to have a toxic and unhealthy romantic relationship.
No now we level up, we are going to have a toxic unhealthy incest relationship !

No my friend, the only realistic thing about this abomination was the character of the two protagonists. The toxic, selfish and disgusting attitude of the girl and the shut in, unworthy, not mainly at all boy. Unfortunately those type of people exist in reality.
May 31, 7:27 AM
Jan 2018
The anime won’t have an ending
Jun 9, 3:23 AM

Aug 2020
Heh, hopefully it will be just fine :)

Jun 12, 11:48 PM

Jan 2014
IOANNIS1940 said:
it won't have any Fanservice

So cooking without spice, nah, I'm good.
Jun 13, 2:46 AM

Oct 2015
Rinrinka said:

The source material is light novel, not manga by the way~

To OP:
I have read 9 volumes of the light novel (I have Volume 10 with me but no time to read because I keep getting distracted by degenerate fantasy titles).

No tragedy. Nobody dying, maybe failing literature tests count?

Fan service wise, does female lead creeping onto the male lead’s bed count? Other than that, some swimsuits at around Vol 5, does that count?

The story is very straightforward, no dramatic things, mainly on stepsiblings become closer.
Not as fluff as Otonari Tenshi, Omiai nor as comedic as Roshidere.

If you want tragic romance, let me know, I will link you a bunch of them.
Jun 26, 8:23 AM
Jun 2022
Reply to WaterMage
@WaterMage_658 That series has absolutely no value and no redeeming qualities AND THAT is before the in-breeding is even addressed.
Jun 26, 8:31 AM

Jan 2024
Reply to blacknemesist
@WaterMage_658 That series has absolutely no value and no redeeming qualities AND THAT is before the in-breeding is even addressed.
@blacknemesist I liked it I found those characters flawed but acceptable. I liked their development maybe you don't fair enough. People didn't like it thats why it has 6.7 rating.
Jun 26, 9:04 AM

Jan 2024
Reply to IOANNIS1940
Macha_Chele said:

Yeah sure it was very realistic.
It was So realistic it has to be on the History channel.

What exact part of the series was realistic tell me please ?

Now let's see, the part of the beginning of the story was very realistic: two adults getting married and their children they had a romantic relationship. They teenagers “should we tell them about it ? No, let's just keep it a secret because we don't want to spoil their marriage or bring any awkward situation in our new family, let's just pretend nothing happened and live an everyday normal life” yeah definitely that's not awkward at all !

And now continue
Main characters thinking “all right we managed to keep it secret now what should we do ?

Boy: I will be mainly and supportive to my new ‘sister’ . I'm not going to fall into her seductive attitude but instead I will give her compliments and act like a hot guy from a shojo manga.

Girl: I will be seductive like a drunk woman in a bar. Creating awkward situations for a man and keeping reminding him how it was when we had a relationship.

Wow very realistic !

Male MC about Isana
“No, I'm not going to be in a healthy relationship with a girl who is falling for me and she's honest and sweet. Instead of that I will be loyal to my ex toxic girlfriend who dumped me for the most stupid reasons in this world and now is my sister.”

Yep, a very realistic, very healthy way of thinking.

And now for the finale

Female MC
“Well what do you know I have fallen for him again !
I will try my best to win him over again, falling for me again (let's forget about the whole plan keep it secret from my new parents)
I'm not going to make him fall for me as her ex ex-girlfriend and classmate.
No I'm going to make him fall for me with my new name as her sister.”

Finale realistic translation:
So in the end we aren't just going to have a toxic and unhealthy romantic relationship.
No now we level up, we are going to have a toxic unhealthy incest relationship !

No my friend, the only realistic thing about this abomination was the character of the two protagonists. The toxic, selfish and disgusting attitude of the girl and the shut in, unworthy, not mainly at all boy. Unfortunately those type of people exist in reality.
@IOANNIS1940 I think I missed this reply.

Man you have lot to say about this some of this are valid, that's not way near a perfect anime.

As you said two mc are middle school shut ins and bonded over convenience. They will do stupid shits not act some mature guys as some shows(nothing wrong their if executed well like Dangers in my heart).

So from the start they don't want to ruin their parents relationship. I didn't liked that too how come a parent don't even have single idea who their children are going out. They made those parents way too npc.

Now the entire teasing part to get the right to be elder is dumd but it's funny(sometimes atleast).
But the point is they still care for each other but way too Tsundere to accept it.
Both go out of their way to help the other when needed.

Now Isana,
Her character development sucks. She is all over the place. One day she is happy being friends next day she wants to be lover. She get rejected still tried cling on to Irido and tries to seduce him. Not a fan.
Also Irido and Yume both may have broken up for some stupid reason very on par with a 14/15 year old introverts(what you expect) both of them handled the situation in the worst way possible.

So as soon they meet again lingering feeling appeard again. They still like each other and can't get over so he rejected Isana.

The last 2/3 episodes carried the show for me I liked the ending.
Both of them had good development specially Yume.

The entire point of liking her as stepsister not ex was to see her in a new light. One where she isn't some shy girl clinging onto his Prince rather someone who finally understands him deeply knows his insecurities and willing to stand beside him.

Yeah if you have complain about incest that's completely different. But then this show is also about romance between siblings right.
Also I don't know you can blame this on incest they are lovers first then siblings.

As you said Yume is toxic selfish and Irido is timid. Both are insecure and shut in. Not some perfect portags for sure. So like you said this said these people are realistic and exist irl.

That makes the show REALISTIC to me to an extent(minus all anime bullshit)

I can't force to like you show and don't want to. Feel free to disagree. I watched Oreimo and cringed hard at the ending. Also went to that show hoping for mindless bs to laugh at it surprised me decently.

My step.....ex is the reson I gonna watch Days with stepsister. Otherwise I would be 10 miles away from these sort of shows.

Wrote way too much😭
Jun 28, 7:59 AM
Apr 2024
IOANNIS1940 said:

domestic girlfriend was fuckin horrible 😭
Jun 29, 12:56 AM
Feb 2023
monceeef said:
IOANNIS1940 said:

domestic girlfriend was fuckin horrible 😭

I know right

It was absolutely preposterous
Jun 30, 4:51 PM
Dec 2022
No worries. It's just beginning. I've caught up to the manga and it's quite good. Cute, funny, wholesome, and lighthearted. You'll love what's to come.
Jul 1, 8:49 AM
Aug 2018
slow pacing had to watch at 1.5 speed
Jul 13, 12:35 AM

Aug 2017
I would like to see one or both of them perish. It's a super dreary show.

I just want Shiori the librarian to live. Best character.

Nephronsensis said:
slow pacing had to watch at 1.5 speed

Man after my own heart. I watch almost everything in high speed unless it's really good
Jul 13, 1:37 AM

Dec 2015
Nah, I read the manga, it's just another boring romance story where almost nothing happening. I don't really understand why everyone here has such high hopes for it, it becomes boring very fast
antohachanJul 13, 1:40 AM
Jul 13, 6:41 AM
Jun 2019
I had read everything you said OP and I gotta say you are the type that I think most old anime fan would hate and would prefer not touching anime in the first place. Not only you hate fan service, which is the main thing in most anime. You also so low in EQ that your brain cant imagine putting yourself in the shoe of the characters, most of the problem you describe that you have with some of the anime is actually very very realistic, why ? Because they are a bunch of kid, like literally. And on top of that they are also a character they are not an ominipotent viewer like you who can also understand what other think so of course that would led to drama. Another thing is that your hate for the series "domestic kanojo" are bs since it purposefully made to be dramatic, it's so obvious from the setting itself. Frankly as a long time anime enjoyer, you are a tourist and I hope you would gtfo out of the community. If you are a kid then maybe I'm being a bit too harsh, but if you are an adult that is over 20, I think you are not just dumb, but have actual problem with reading other emotions .
Jul 13, 8:39 AM
Jan 2018
The anime won’t a conclusive ending

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gimai Seikatsu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ARK-13 - Jun 23

153 by TechOtaku »»
36 minutes ago

Poll: » Gimai Seikatsu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ARK-13 - Jun 23

116 by RGreatDanton »»
48 minutes ago

Poll: » Gimai Seikatsu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ARK-13 - Jun 23

170 by RGreatDanton »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Gimai Seikatsu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 19

137 by smoothgabriel »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Gimai Seikatsu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 5

57 by Ahmedpower »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.