Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Condition Called Love
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 4, 4:03 PM

Apr 2022
Please someone spoil to me if at some.point it'll become apparent if Hotaru is actually aromantic or if this whole thing will just come down to the basic "you just haven't met the right person yet" trope
Apr 4, 4:41 PM
Aug 2021
No, Hotaru is not aromantic and/or does not realize that she is in the manga. She does indeed fall in love with Hananoi, as is implied by the premise of the series.
Apr 4, 6:14 PM
Mar 2018
felixsifuri said:
Please someone spoil to me if at some.point it'll become apparent if Hotaru is actually aromantic or if this whole thing will just come down to the basic "you just haven't met the right person yet" trope

definitely not

text text
Apr 4, 7:09 PM

Sep 2016
You will not find muh representation in anime.
Japan is not the west.

It's called being young and clueless.
You know, the reason why talking about certain themes to kids is not appropriate and why age ratings exist on media.
Kids don't really fully know how they feel, even if they say they do. It's called being immature.
bruh
Apr 4, 9:00 PM
May 2021
Nope, Hotaru isn't aromatic. she's just clueless and inexperienced (like more people her age are). Hotaru does end up realising she's fallen in love later on as their relationship progresses.
Apr 4, 10:16 PM

Jan 2011
She's very aromatic but I happen to enjoy her aroma.
Apr 4, 11:29 PM

Apr 2022
FullyCharged said:
You will not find muh representation in anime.
Japan is not the west.

Of course I will, what are you even talking about? The big gay already took over the world and you won't escape it even if you move to the "not like the west" Japan

FullyCharged said:
You know, the reason why talking about certain themes to kids is not appropriate and why age ratings exist on media.

What's inappropriate about not wanting to have a romantic partner? If anything, the opposite is true...
Apr 4, 11:39 PM
Aug 2021
Having a ROMANCE anime with a fully aromantic character structurally does not work and makes no sense unless you're trying to subvert the genre
Apr 4, 11:47 PM

Apr 2022
KanekoKTIA said:
Having a ROMANCE anime with a fully aromantic character structurally does not work and makes no sense unless you're trying to subvert the genre

honestly the tagged genre on this site failed me so many times I stopped paying much attention to it
Apr 5, 6:15 AM
Sep 2023
KanekoKTIA said:

A platonic relationship could’ve been developed – I’m saying that because I’ve once read about someone saying they were aromantic but still with someone romantic. I think developing this could be very interesting. But in this case Hotaru is not aromantic indeed
Apr 5, 6:32 AM

May 2015
Are some of you so brain rotted by Tic Toc/Twitter/X that you can't watch a simple shoujo/romance without trying cram in every idiotic form of "muh representation" possible
Apr 5, 6:53 AM

Apr 2022
Reply to billybub
Are some of you so brain rotted by Tic Toc/Twitter/X that you can't watch a simple shoujo/romance without trying cram in every idiotic form of "muh representation" possible
@billybub If that's how people answer simple fucking questions here then it's pretty obvious why nobody likes anime fans. You don't have to get offended by every little thing, dude...
Apr 6, 5:14 AM
Jun 2021
She could be demisexual, you know.
Apr 6, 9:00 AM

Apr 2022
Reply to Foxiera
@Foxiera Forgot that that's a thing and you're 100% right
Apr 6, 9:11 AM

Apr 2012
I think that if she were aromantic, the idea of ​​finally feeling true love would be pointless. This is similar to Bloom into you, where people also ignore the idea of ​​realizing romantic feelings in favor of the immediate conclusion that the character is aromantic.

@Foxiera She only talked about romantic feelings, but nothing about sexual attraction. I don't think this label should be so easily applied to all the people who just need to get to know each other better in order to fall in love.
RobertBobertApr 6, 9:15 AM
Apr 6, 9:16 AM
Jul 2019
Reply to billybub
@billybub

Hahahaha, I really have to stop reading the comments.

So many people with, as you said TikTok brain rot, seem to be completely unable to even start watching a bloody 23-minute anime without being needed to be told it either "wont' upset them" or "the appropriate representation" exists in it.

How do you get through life this being this weak?

All I know is, when I read comments in western forums, it's so easy to see how Asia is now kicking the west's ass. :)
Apr 6, 9:17 AM
Jul 2019
Reply to Foxiera
@Foxiera

There's no such thing.

God, how dumb people are nowadays.
Apr 6, 9:29 AM

May 2015
Reply to WienGirl
@billybub

So many people with, as you said TikTok brain rot, seem to be completely unable to even start watching a bloody 23-minute anime without being needed to be told it either "wont' upset them" or "the appropriate representation" exists in it.

All I know is, when I read comments in western forums, it's so easy to see how Asia is now kicking the west's ass. :)
@Raphaela28 glad somebody gets it.
Apr 6, 11:54 AM
Jun 2021
Reply to RobertBobert
I think that if she were aromantic, the idea of ​​finally feeling true love would be pointless. This is similar to Bloom into you, where people also ignore the idea of ​​realizing romantic feelings in favor of the immediate conclusion that the character is aromantic.

@Foxiera She only talked about romantic feelings, but nothing about sexual attraction. I don't think this label should be so easily applied to all the people who just need to get to know each other better in order to fall in love.
@RobertBobert in that case demiromantic. Sorry, I usually use -sexual to describe both my romantic and sexual attraction.
Apr 6, 11:59 AM
Jun 2021
Reply to WienGirl
@Foxiera

There's no such thing.

@Raphaela28 I will let you know, that I have a high IQ (although that doesn't mean anything). There is a classification for sexes, genders, sexuality and romantic attraction. As someone, who had advanced biology and psychology at school, I can definitely tell that these things have been there always, they weren't talked much about because of stigma and taboo.
Apr 6, 2:16 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to Foxiera
@RobertBobert in that case demiromantic. Sorry, I usually use -sexual to describe both my romantic and sexual attraction.
@Foxiera I usually refrain from making any kind of conclusions of this type unless the show explicitly states it or at least the subtext is can't be confused with the usual fanservice or melodrama.
Apr 7, 12:21 AM

Apr 2022
Reply to WienGirl
@Foxiera

There's no such thing.

@Raphaela28 Just because you're ignorant about something doesn't mean it's not a thing. The world doesn't load like a video game, and you're not the main character.

Raphaela28 said:
So many people with, as you said TikTok brain rot, (...)

So many people with, as I say, inferiority complex, seem to be completely unable to go about their day without announcing their wisdom on forum posts that don't concern them in the slightest. It IS possible to simply ignore something you don't like or don't agree with, you know?

How do you get through life this being this spiteful?
Apr 7, 12:59 AM
Apr 2023
I don't think so but I'd really like to see it in another anime
Apr 7, 1:39 AM
Jul 2019
Reply to felixsifuri
@Raphaela28 Just because you're ignorant about something doesn't mean it's not a thing. The world doesn't load like a video game, and you're not the main character.

Raphaela28 said:
So many people with, as you said TikTok brain rot, (...)

So many people with, as I say, inferiority complex, seem to be completely unable to go about their day without announcing their wisdom on forum posts that don't concern them in the slightest. It IS possible to simply ignore something you don't like or don't agree with, you know?

How do you get through life this being this spiteful?
@felixsifuri

Oh I don't know. Probably the same way the wokesters get through life screaming "racist", "bigot" or "transphobe" to everyone who disagrees with them. :)

And btw, that would be 99 percent of the planet. The sane part.

Apr 7, 8:01 AM
May 2019
Reply to WienGirl
@billybub

@Raphaela28 nothing in this thread is about the representation. The op is just discussing the characters and viewing it thru an aromantic lense. its a way to discuss media which is what forums should be for. u can disagree with it but if everyone only got to discuss media from the canon lense we would have like 50% less forums at least. death of the author and all that

Edit: bc i realized my wording of this not being about representation might be confusing. i mean that its not about the viewer having to see an aromantic character to feel valid or something, its not checking of a representation box. its about discussing the possibility of the character being that
AllycatttApr 7, 8:05 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hananoi-kun to Koi no Yamai Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 23

44 by Stardew »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Hananoi-kun to Koi no Yamai Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 16

42 by afiqahahahahahah »»
7 hours ago

» Give it more time, It will shine

mohamed_ashraf - May 3

36 by Suprgamr123 »»
Yesterday, 12:21 AM

Poll: » Hananoi-kun to Koi no Yamai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 9

54 by cooldogmom »»
May 27, 5:49 PM

Poll: » Hananoi-kun to Koi no Yamai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 25

78 by Modavidori »»
May 19, 6:03 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.