Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 2, 2023 2:19 AM
Mar 2022
It’s been 3 years already…is it because Darwin’s game not popular enough to get a second season? Like this is the same company that did the eminence in shadow and it immediately get a second season..well I get it that it’s popular…anyways is there any chance that Darwin’s game get a second season?
Dec 2, 2023 2:28 AM
Aug 2021
the anime is trash just pure trash given the potential it had
Dec 2, 2023 2:53 AM
Jan 2014
I seriously hope not. They have much better franchises to adapt. I rarely think an anime is absolute trash, but this is a huge exception
Dec 2, 2023 2:56 AM
Oct 2020
At this point, it's rather another company start adapting it from start, cause I have heard the anime left out a lot of stuff compared to the manga
Dec 2, 2023 3:53 AM
Aug 2023
Sengoku_Kun said:
I seriously hope not. They have much better franchises to adapt. I rarely think an anime is absolute trash, but this is a huge exception

That's true.
This is an bad anime which had potential to be good but unfortunately it was just boring.
Dec 2, 2023 4:01 AM
Feb 2018
I don't know the first season ended on a cliffhanger with suduo in a jungle I like to see how his and karino guild grows
Dec 2, 2023 4:03 AM
Jan 2023
A lot of people are saying that this was trash, but I actually kinda liked it.
Dec 2, 2023 4:18 AM
Dec 2022
Didnt know that this got so much hate lol
Dec 2, 2023 4:29 AM
Aug 2022
I didn't know it received so much hate, I thought it was a decent anime
Dec 2, 2023 5:24 AM
Jun 2021
Beryl12 said:

This is MAL, can’t expect much. With post like this, half of the time the first few comments are always ppl that disliked the adaptation or series as a whole.
Dec 2, 2023 5:25 AM

Apr 2021
kisaragi_eki said:
It’s been 3 years already…is it because Darwin’s game not popular enough to get a second season? Like this is the same company that did the eminence in shadow and it immediately get a second season..well I get it that it’s popular…anyways is there any chance that Darwin’s game get a second season?

Don’t worry about all the bias and hate, just ignore claims that the anime was “boring”, that’s what people who can’t honesty critique an anime say, or readers of the written material say when it is not copied exactly like they wanted.

There is the written material and there is the anime production, these are not always the same, and each should be judged independently, since this is a regular occurrence in anime.

This anime was enjoyable and entertaining.

I also wish it had a second season.
ejleonDec 2, 2023 5:44 AM
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Dec 2, 2023 5:30 AM
Mar 2022
Reply to SnowHelation
Beryl12 said:

This is MAL, can’t expect much. With post like this, half of the time the first few comments are always ppl that disliked the adaptation or series as a whole.
@SnowHelation oh i see..like this anime is good imo like I enjoyed watching it…and I didn’t get how this anime is”trash”.
If it’s “trash” this anime must have bad things such as bad story,bad animation,bad voice actor/actress,isn’t watchable etc.
kisaragi_ekiDec 2, 2023 5:35 AM
Dec 2, 2023 5:31 AM
Jun 2021
It had the potential to be brilliant but was mid instead
Dec 2, 2023 5:33 AM

Apr 2021
Sengoku_Kun said:

Chivalry of a Failed Knight & Darwin’s Game are the best anime series this anime company has done.

To call Darwin’s Game trash is like admitting you don’t like good characters, interactions, dialogue, plot, animation, sound and music.

The Eminence in Shadow is just a terribly awful and unenjoyable parody of isekai anime. It had the potential to be good, but it does not compare at all to the above anime. Every misunderstanding in that anime happens because of lazy or absolutely no communication, plus the entire anime is embarrassingly predictable. I definitely expected more from such a hyped anime, but it is a disappointment.

However, I will give a nod to the character designers, animators, background artists, voice actors, sound and music crew, (etc etc), they did the best they could, and one of the best parts of the anime is the classical music that was played in the first season.
ejleonDec 2, 2023 5:54 AM
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Dec 2, 2023 6:05 AM
Jul 2022
I actually liked it... was really hoping for a second season
Dec 2, 2023 6:16 AM

Apr 2015
The manga is finished I think?
But they probably might not make another season since it didnt sell well apparently.
Dec 2, 2023 6:26 AM

Apr 2012
Not every anime can get a second season, not to mention the fact that Shadow you're comparing it to has a completely different situation and even came out in a different time.
Dec 2, 2023 6:53 AM
May 2021
kisaragi_eki said:

DVD sales were bad, that's the reason. And literally every survival genre anime never gets a sequel, idk why lol
Dec 2, 2023 10:59 AM
Mar 2021
I liked this anime a lot , about the chances of a season 2 its 50/50 since it is not that much popular but the source material (manga) just ended last month so there is still some hope.
Dec 2, 2023 7:24 PM
Aug 2021
Coffeecatspugs said:
It had the potential to be brilliant but was mid instead

Almost all anime is "mid" though.
Dec 3, 2023 4:04 AM
May 2023
this anime was kinda interesting...I'm impatiently waiting for the second season ...I think it's underrated
Dec 3, 2023 11:20 PM
Oct 2021
Because it’s boring and very forgettable, and I say that respectfully
Dec 4, 2023 6:58 AM

Oct 2022
it really doesn't matter if it get S2 or not (no joke) it's good but not worth... go and watch the tomodachi game it's much better and nice manga too
[fit][/fit]
Dec 6, 2023 11:57 AM

Jul 2021
I didn't know this anime got so much hate. I actually enjoyed season though the animation could've been better but overall it was good.

Dec 9, 2023 9:16 AM
Feb 2023
What other people said: it was mid, boring and laughable.
Dec 9, 2023 1:32 PM

Oct 2021
simple answer: the anime was shit
yes.
Feb 4, 8:30 AM
May 2021
kisaragi_eki said:

Ya i loved this anime, I really want it's season 2 but chances seem less as of now
Mar 11, 2:01 AM
Jun 2016
The show might not be amazing but it's fun and enjoyable.

If you haven't seen it watch it for yourself and judge it with your own opinion.

If you don't like it, I don't get why your in the comment sections having a cry.

I hope for a season 2 but like most animes it only really happens for shows they can milk it with merchandise

Just remember you saying it's bad doesn't make it so, same goes with me saying it's good.

If you don't like it move on with your life and let people enjoy what they want to enjoy
xONLYINHUMANxMar 11, 2:04 AM
Mar 11, 2:06 AM
Mar 2022
Reply to xONLYINHUMANx
The show might not be amazing but it's fun and enjoyable.

If you haven't seen it watch it for yourself and judge it with your own opinion.

If you don't like it, I don't get why your in the comment sections having a cry.

I hope for a season 2 but like most animes it only really happens for shows they can milk it with merchandise

Just remember you saying it's bad doesn't make it so, same goes with me saying it's good.

If you don't like it move on with your life and let people enjoy what they want to enjoy
@xONLYINHUMANx huh? Who? me?
I already watch the anime 3 years ago and i like it.
I just said is there any chance that the anime will get a second season.Like chill- why are you mad at me for no reason?
Did you not see my completed anime?
kisaragi_ekiMar 11, 2:09 AM
Mar 11, 2:24 AM
Jun 2016
Why would it be about you?

It's about the other people trashing it.
Mar 11, 2:26 AM
Mar 2022
Reply to xONLYINHUMANx
Why would it be about you?

It's about the other people trashing it.
@xONLYINHUMANx oh I see lol 😭
Mar 11, 3:20 AM

Jun 2011
Reply to Apratim
kisaragi_eki said:

DVD sales were bad, that's the reason. And literally every survival genre anime never gets a sequel, idk why lol
@Apratim I wish there were more survival anime like this one, Btooom or Tomodachi Game. Still waiting for an anime adaptation of Cage of Eden and Battle Royale.

Darwin's Game was a lot of fun, loved it. Chances of season 2 is low though considering that the manga has ended.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 11, 11:41 PM
May 2021
ToG25thBaam said:
@Apratim I wish there were more survival anime like this one, Btooom or Tomodachi Game. Still waiting for an anime adaptation of Cage of Eden and Battle Royale.

Darwin's Game was a lot of fun, loved it. Chances of season 2 is low though considering that the manga has ended.

ya and nexus is busy with eminence in shadow now. I am glad they are making sequel for Eminence in shadow, I hope they do for darwins game as well in future
Mar 24, 2:24 AM

Nov 2019
im sure it is due tk popularity, I am here in 2024 on March 24 and can say that this anime was not very popular when it released, was forgotten about as other better shows where airing, from what I can remember. The anime clearly fucked up I think it had potential as people are commenting. However, it inevitably failed at its execution.The Opening was amazing.
I am a COMPLETIONIST. Aiming to finish AS MANY ANIME as possible before DEATH, Despite them being SATISFACTORY or if they are BORING.

I WATCH THE LOWEST SCORED/RATED/RANKED ANIMES ON MAL (OR you can CALL THEM The WORST animes in the WORLD - No Joke Like Seriously)

No anime has actually satisfied my anime taste, That I can call a MasterPiece (10/10), still searching... hopefully one day I will find that show and obsess over it till I die.
RULE NO.4 I MUST WATCH ALL CONTENT FOR THE SERIES I HAVE FINISHED, NOW THIS ONE IS QUITE EXHILARATING.
Apr 7, 6:09 PM
Jul 2021
My interpretation of why is simply: they backed themselves into a corner.

When the Anime released, they cut Out various parts from the manga which, at the time, were "unimportant" - but after a while turned out to be REALLY important for the plot to still make Sense.

Overall Darwins Game is fairly well written, and the author has put alot of thought into the figures that show up - each of them is important in their own ways and sorta cant be cut without having to either alter the plot importantly or devote 2-3 episodes to flashbacks (which are notoriously hated) or alternatively like an entire Episode worth of exposition. It just isnt viable for many studios to tank an entire Season just to reintroduce their previously cut characters.

Ontop of that the japanese (and core) audience is very famous for being extremely against any changes from the source material. Small changes? Yeah maybe. We saw this with stuff like Highschool DxD where the Studio made a change that was honestly for the better imo, japanese fans were extremely against it, and now we have a new studio which released a season 4 and nothing else because now the *western* audience was confused as fuck about why the characters look arguably worse (although in some aspects closer to the original).

Edit: Forgot to mention this, but the manga is written in a way where there is not really a good way to end a season after the point now up until maybe a few more episodes. If they had included all necessary characters and scenes they wouldve easily gotten 24 eps in by the time they reached this point. Iirc the end point is like 50 chapters into the manga, while the anime spent like 12 episodes and handily cut alot.
If you want to make the arguement "hey, it would only be at like 16 or so episodes" now you have the issue of another 10 or so chapters being spent on just the would-be next arc. And it doesnt properly lead into a good ending point, nor that afterwards, etc.
LolbotApr 7, 6:13 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darwin's Game Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2020

122 by pe3plo »»
Apr 10, 6:15 AM

Poll: » Darwin's Game Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2020

59 by elisaalborne »»
Dec 4, 2023 12:33 AM

Poll: » Darwin's Game Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 3, 2020

336 by Serjiotv »»
Nov 28, 2023 2:38 PM

Poll: » Darwin's Game Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2020

110 by Davidortizu »»
Nov 8, 2023 10:47 PM

Poll: » Darwin's Game Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2020

79 by Garrett_Dark »»
Oct 20, 2023 3:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.