Forum Settings
Forums

What do you think of the MAL Score vs Anime Score section of your profile?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 24, 2023 6:35 PM

Oct 2014

I think it seems pretty accurate. Nothing on it I disagree about having an unpopular opinion on. Nothing surprising either, since I already knew I felt differently about these anime than the general userbase does.
Sep 24, 2023 6:44 PM

Apr 2022
it's very spot on, not much else to say.
Sep 24, 2023 6:48 PM

Mar 2012
I generally like looking at stats, just as a neat little thing that doesn't impact anything. From what I saw, I can't say that my scores & the MAL scores are often that far off, like 3/5 examples for both sets are like 1-2 point differences, which I guess just means that a lot of my opinions are exceedingly basic.

There are a few that are more noteworthy though, but nothing I wasn't aware of or disagree with.

For the ones I dislike more than MAL, I knew that I just couldn't get into Re:Zero, Hellsing (the Ultimate Abridged really had the Alucard I wanted), and Akira (+I enjoyed the 2011 Hunter x Hunter a lot more than the original adaptation).

As for the ones I loved that MAL hated, I know that I chewed through Redo of Healer like popcorn a lot more unashamedly than most, even if I was under the wrong impression of the kind of story it was going for at first. I had a great time with it for what it was. And for a complete whiplash in tone, probably completely out of nostalgia for it being packaged with Pokemon 2000, I rated Pikachu's Rescue Adventure very highly, likely more than any other Pikachu shorts that weren't a part of my childhood since I was like 6.
MoonSpiderOct 4, 2023 6:42 AM

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Sep 25, 2023 1:23 AM

Aug 2020
Reply to Lucifrost
@TRC_Randy
Yeah, they probably thought it would look awkward putting a 7.9 anime under "they hated it." But I don't think seeing the new Boogiepop there is any less awkward. They really shouldn't have allowed it when your score is so close to the average.

I think they should allow for OVAs as well.
@Lucifrost yeah that seems like it. Don't know what kinda algorithm they use but maybe this "MAL hates it" should be more clear.
Sep 25, 2023 12:50 PM
Great Love

Mar 2019
Looks about right. I recently drastically lowered all my mal scores to try to get closer to a mean score of 5.0, so some of my more controversial likes don't figure on there unfortunately.

May 24, 7:27 AM
Oct 2023
Reply to TheTrueRedblood

Its not wrong, but I do feel like I might get murdered for kikis delivery service x'D
@TheTrueRedblood I have kiki's on the they loved it, I didn't. It wasn't so terrible. I just don't choose to watch it
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9143 by z2k »»
6 minutes ago

» Should anime strive to be more realistic?

Pokitaru - 8 hours ago

14 by YAHOOGAYCHATROOM »»
9 minutes ago

» Name Two Anime you want to crossover?

RedTea33 - 11 hours ago

16 by niknasr »»
17 minutes ago

» Last 3 anime

JoeChip - Today

37 by BatoKusanagi »»
31 minutes ago

» Would you watch a gender swapped version of One piece?

RedTea33 - 4 hours ago

11 by TsutanaiFuun »»
47 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.