Forum Settings
Forums

What do you think of male characters who refuse to fight girl opponents?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 26, 2023 5:52 PM

Jul 2015
There's only one guy I agree with on this topic.
Jun 27, 2023 2:49 AM

Feb 2011
Tropisch said:
KireiKommunist said:
Questions like this are the reason why you guys will never get a girlfriend. 
Your on this site too, responding to the question, so that includes you too :)
Well, according to his name he's a communist, so I'm sure he'll gladly share his gf with those who don't have one yet 😏
Jun 27, 2023 4:17 AM

Jan 2015

Wise words from the goat himself Yusuke Urameshi.
Jun 27, 2023 7:07 AM

Feb 2018
Bisalissy said:
I'm all for gender equality, so I really enjoy to see some girls beat up the guys who refuse to fight them (in an appropriate situation).

And I'm honsetly shocked that such an outdated, ugly and sexist mindset gets a 33% of respect. As a girl, I'm disgusted by guys who still uphold this weird standart.

FACT; many, - if not-most - Men are reflexively inclined to place Women - or, at least, the theoretical concept of them -
upon a highly-unrealistic High-Pedestal. it is, indeed, quite natural for men to be inherently inclined towards that outlook.

if that was not in fact the case...
then how, and why, have generations of Japanese men alone been
cranking out these Cute-and-Pretty Candy-Coated Anime Women for Decades straight?!?
MasterTasukeJun 27, 2023 7:14 AM
Jul 4, 2023 4:16 PM
Jul 2018
MasterTasuke said:
Bisalissy said:
I'm all for gender equality, so I really enjoy to see some girls beat up the guys who refuse to fight them (in an appropriate situation).

And I'm honsetly shocked that such an outdated, ugly and sexist mindset gets a 33% of respect. As a girl, I'm disgusted by guys who still uphold this weird standart.

FACT; many, - if not-most - Men are reflexively inclined to place Women - or, at least, the theoretical concept of them -
upon a highly-unrealistic High-Pedestal. it is, indeed, quite natural for men to be inherently inclined towards that outlook.

if that was not in fact the case...
then how, and why, have generations of Japanese men alone been
cranking out these Cute-and-Pretty Candy-Coated Anime Women for Decades straight?!?

There's something like socialization. The only boys and men, who I have known and did that, didn't know how to act and treat them as actual people, so they used a social blueprint on "how to treat women" and put them on a pedestal. These are the same, who get really worked up, when they learn that women and people they perceive as female, make the same crass jokes as they do.
There's surely nothing natural about men putting women on pedestals and I also very rarely experienced a guy like that. So it can't be that natural.

Maybe many japanese men didn't learn how to act naturally towards women. Even as kids and teenagers they seem to fall under this weird group dynamics of forming mostly pure boy or girl friend groups, and you don't learn how to deal with people when you admire them from a distance. Therefore they admire this artificial idea they find have in that type of candy-coated anime girls.
Jul 4, 2023 7:58 PM
Kuroni_Kuru

Dec 2020
One of my least favorite tropes. I don't think I've seen a single piece of media that was improved by its inclusion TBH. So annoying... :\
Formerly known as Kuroni_Kuru
Jul 5, 2023 4:14 AM

Nov 2018
They are great because all you need to do to defeat them is pay an angry little girl twenty bucks and give her a tazer and a rock hammer to finish them off.
Jul 5, 2023 4:31 AM

Sep 2021
idk but if you ask me
yeah I'd be down to punch a woman
Jul 5, 2023 4:36 AM

Dec 2016
With great power comes the great responsibility to spread the reverse noblesse oblige equitably.

Jul 5, 2023 4:53 AM

Dec 2017
Stupid. Anime girls with sword and armor are worth fighting for
❝Kabo-chan is ran by the MAL staff team and does not respond to individual comments made on her profile.❞
I was immensely devastated.
Jul 5, 2023 4:54 AM

Apr 2017
It depends. I can't really get behind a guy who hits girls but if it's an OP superwoman it would be completely unrealistic for some guy to just say "I can't hit a girl" and then proceed to get killed.

Like I loved Aho-Girl but hated the anime for making it a running joke that Akuro beats Yoshiko for being dumb and annoying. I would've given it at least a 7 instead of the 4 I rated it as if that wasn't the case.

Jul 5, 2023 5:35 AM

Jan 2021
Stupid fallacy, many anime women are strong especially in a battle setting. Not wanting to fight one is just sexist in this scenario because they are just as strong as males. 
Jul 5, 2023 7:34 AM

Aug 2010
No reason anyone should let themselves be attacked. Should definitely subdue your attacker.  IRL running away is the better solution, but in anime where the women also probably have super powers, go all out to beat em down I say. By anime logic, theyll probably become your friend or lover.
https://combosmooth.itch.io/ - I make free-to-play browser games for PC and I sell pixel art animation here
Aug 5, 2023 1:45 AM
❀⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*❀

Oct 2019
I do not like them. I wouldn't watch an anime where the girls can't fight back anyways, that would be boring. 
Aug 5, 2023 2:02 AM

Jun 2020
Just a cheap way to make the Male fighter seem more respectable. I'm thinking of a DS character right now

Aug 5, 2023 2:04 AM

Jul 2021
true men don't bully the weak. so naturally respect.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Aug 5, 2023 2:15 AM

Sep 2020
The only one I know is Sanji and I found him pretty cringe in some spells of One Piece. Especially earlier on. With me reading/ watching WCI and Wano, I have a different stance on it.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Aug 5, 2023 2:27 AM

Mar 2008
It really depends on the character and how much an actual thread a girl is because their views can differ on why they think that way.
Aug 5, 2023 4:06 AM

Feb 2023
I think they're stupid. If he has to fight a girl that's the girl's problem.
Aug 5, 2023 5:32 AM

Mar 2019
Im an advotate of true gender equality. 🙃

Aug 5, 2023 5:41 AM

Sep 2015
Unless it's extremely necessary then yeah that's what all men should do. The same goes for children and the elderly.
But really that depends on the situation, like, doing that against a fighter is pretty absurd too.
Aug 5, 2023 5:44 AM

Sep 2018
Fighting chics certainly has its place in certain stories. From a logical standpoint the idea is terrible, but of course characters who say such a thing in series have plot armor negating the main purpose against their idea. I am for true equality route where the mcs overcomes any obsticles.
Aug 5, 2023 5:55 AM

Feb 2011
Jonas-K said:

I'm an advocate of a Rance-style gender equality.

Aug 5, 2023 6:14 AM

Mar 2019
Tiosar said:
Jonas-K said:

I'm an advocate of a Rance-style gender equality.

Every man should be a feminist. ♀️

Aug 5, 2023 6:50 AM

Aug 2016
Assuming no significant power advantage,

I'd hope those characters die because of their stupidity from that decision.

Don't want to fight? How's death working for you? Unfortunately the authors won't do this.

If they're immortal, can't die, or no death consequences like they're already dead, and they are opposed, then it's not unbearable but still annoying
MechKingKillbotAug 5, 2023 6:55 AM
Aug 5, 2023 7:04 AM

Jan 2021
Kinda out of topic but in my opinion not fighting back against women is not being kind but cowardice because you afraid the society to judge you.
Everything that exists, there will be haters.
Pay no attention to them haters, enjoy what you like with them who enjoyed as well.
Life is too short to always hating
Aug 5, 2023 7:06 AM

Feb 2011
OofieOofer said:
Kinda out of topic but in my opinion not fighting back against women is not being kind but cowardice because you afraid the society to judge you.
It's not about society, but the character's personal values and principles.
Aug 5, 2023 7:27 AM

Nov 2018
I mean imagine going up against this shizz ;

And still saying "Ladies are meant to be protected and loved". Sanji that real dude feller, he demands RESPEC:

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 5, 2023 10:07 AM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
It's lame. No respect for characters that get themselves in trouble because they think all women are queens.
Aug 5, 2023 10:09 AM

Feb 2011
BatoKusanagi said:
It's lame. No respect for characters that get themselves in trouble because they think all women are queens.
Only cute/beautiful girls should be treated as queens. Ugly ones can get a "male treatment" instead 😏
Aug 5, 2023 10:40 AM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Tiosar said:
Only cute/beautiful girls should be treated as queens. Ugly ones can get a "male treatment" instead 😏

Unless it her https://myanimelist.net/character/112929/Malty_Melromarc
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Have you ever considered picking up drawing anime as a hobby? ( 1 2 )

Anjuro - Yesterday

59 by aanj1n »»
29 seconds ago

» Why is fairytail the only Shonen anime that people complain for the power of Friendship when evrey other Shonen anime does.

Lol1268 - Jun 1

32 by TheSunLife »»
4 minutes ago

» Which one of your favorite anime would you not recommend to others?

Gashadokur0 - 55 minutes ago

7 by luisfunes99 »»
14 minutes ago

» HELP ME FIND THIS ANIME (please)

sussyamongus - 20 minutes ago

1 by Serafos »»
18 minutes ago

» Blu-ray is an outdated metric, Streaming services are the new standard

removed-user - Jun 2

47 by Lhundrup »»
18 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.