Forum Settings
Forums

What's the anime with a score of over 8.50 that you didn't like?

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 16, 2023 6:37 AM
Dec 2021
pastuch said:
Kimi no na Wa. I thought it was a garbage story with good animation
That's the definition of Oshi no Ko, your favorite.

lmaoo 
Jun 16, 2023 6:41 AM
Mar 2023
the second season of haikyuu, its fucking criminal that it's 8.63 
Jun 16, 2023 6:46 AM

Jul 2021
sinnerNoWinner said:
pastuch said:
Kimi no na Wa. I thought it was a garbage story with good animation

lmaoo 

Bro had to scout my account to find something he doesn’t agree on, just to state his opinion not even connected to my comment. Feeling better now?
Jun 16, 2023 7:07 AM
Dec 2021
pastuch said:
sinnerNoWinner said:

lmaoo 

Bro had to scout my account to find something he doesn’t agree on, just to state his opinion not even connected to my comment. Feeling better now?
someone got mad lmao
oshi no ko fans are something else

Jun 16, 2023 7:10 AM

Jul 2021
Well, I didn't really get mad, in fact I'm perfectly calm. I don't really care if you like Oshi no Ko, or if you like Kimi no Nawa. It's up to you. I just stated my opinion and answered the thread's question, and it was you who attacked me twice.
Jun 16, 2023 7:24 AM

Apr 2019
Bocchi The Rock is mid as shit. I don't know why so many people think it is a 10/10 anime. The animation and direction are the only good aspects of that show. The writing is extremely average and doesn't stand out at all.
Jun 16, 2023 7:47 AM

Jul 2021
PeripheralVision said:

1. Likely Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2. Many people try to strawman me and say that " he is not evil, he is flawed", as if there were not people out there who loved dogs but hurt people. I am not saying Rudeus is a completely annoying asshole or completely evil, I am just saying he is too much of one.

The entire premise of the series can be summed of as "what if we made Mineta from Boku No hero Academia the main character of an isekai, with even more pervyness?" To me, I do not know why anyone would want to watch that. Mineta sucks balls.

2. Kaguya-sama is weird since I still think it is a fine anime, but I do agree that maybe part of it overstayed its welcome. Just as Gravity Falls has only two seasons and a finished narrative, I am thinking maybe the entire story of the series went on for a bit too long, honestly. I completely understand the few negative criticisms had by the third season.

3. I love Code Geass, but it is not a well-written anime. It is entertaining for the spectacle similar to TTLG, but less intentional I'd argue. Or in essence, a very high budget The Room.

4. Graveyard of the Fireflies feels like a tragedy without characters putting in effort, and to me this undermines the entire tragedy. I understand the real world context, and to me it is a pity that the real story is so much more interesting. At the same time, I won't fault Isao Takahata for this since writing a story like this is at its core meant to be carthatic to the viewer. If I take this film and examine it as an aspect of his life and times, I appreciate more than I do as a film divorced from that very personal context.

Addressing the Mushoku Tensei one. I personally think, that whether the main character is good or evil doesn’t determine if the anime is good. I think that Rudeus is pretty evil, but Mushoku Tensei is one of my favourites. I believe that if an anime makes you dislike/hate a character that is objectively evil, it means that it’s really well made!
Jun 16, 2023 7:52 AM

Feb 2019
weebtoge said:
Spy x Family. The hype was so big for nothing, to be honest
Yeah, this one. Idk why is the plot of a conflict between the two kingdoms for when most of the episodes are random missions and slice of life moments. It's mostly like fooling around than solving the problem.

Jun 16, 2023 8:07 AM

Mar 2013
pastuch said:
PeripheralVision said:

1. Likely Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2. Many people try to strawman me and say that " he is not evil, he is flawed", as if there were not people out there who loved dogs but hurt people. I am not saying Rudeus is a completely annoying asshole or completely evil, I am just saying he is too much of one.

The entire premise of the series can be summed of as "what if we made Mineta from Boku No hero Academia the main character of an isekai, with even more pervyness?" To me, I do not know why anyone would want to watch that. Mineta sucks balls.

2. Kaguya-sama is weird since I still think it is a fine anime, but I do agree that maybe part of it overstayed its welcome. Just as Gravity Falls has only two seasons and a finished narrative, I am thinking maybe the entire story of the series went on for a bit too long, honestly. I completely understand the few negative criticisms had by the third season.

3. I love Code Geass, but it is not a well-written anime. It is entertaining for the spectacle similar to TTLG, but less intentional I'd argue. Or in essence, a very high budget The Room.

4. Graveyard of the Fireflies feels like a tragedy without characters putting in effort, and to me this undermines the entire tragedy. I understand the real world context, and to me it is a pity that the real story is so much more interesting. At the same time, I won't fault Isao Takahata for this since writing a story like this is at its core meant to be carthatic to the viewer. If I take this film and examine it as an aspect of his life and times, I appreciate more than I do as a film divorced from that very personal context.

Addressing the Mushoku Tensei one. I personally think, that whether the main character is good or evil doesn’t determine if the anime is good. I think that Rudeus is pretty evil, but Mushoku Tensei is one of my favourites. I believe that if an anime makes you dislike/hate a character that is objectively evil, it means that it’s really well made!

It is the reason why I like Happy Sugar Life. The difference to me is that Happy Sugar Life never pretended that Satou was a good person. It acknowledged her humanity, but only in the context of addressing just how awful she was as a result of her trauma. She’s still a literal groomer of an 8 year girl she essentially kidnapped off the streets.

This is the first reason why I don’t agree with you that Mushoku is well-written; Rudeus’ flaws concerning his perversion are not the main focus of his character arc. That would actually be mostly his self-esteem issues. Rudeus’ pedophilia and sexual perversions are treated as permissible by the story alongside his father, but the story takes itself way too seriously compared to Uza-Maid for this to really work.

People hate Mineta, but not in the same way they may hate Griffith. Hatred of Griffith stems from how well-written the relationships between him and the Band of Hawk are. Hatred for Mineta stems from how annoying Mineta is.

The difference then is the reader asking “why even have Mineta scenes”, and that much is because he does not advance the plot. He is not funny, just crass.

I also bring up Turner Diaries here. Turner Diaries is white supremacist fan fiction. The main character commits genocide, and this makes him easy to hate because the author thinks he is in the right to kill non-whites. Do you think this series is well-written because I hate the main character and what he stands for?

Mushoku then has two problems for me. Rudeus is not nearly as good a person as the series thinks he is, and he is so unpleasant that he is pretty annoying. It is actually pretty rare to have a character I can say is both too evil and annoying.

How you can tolerate Rudeus depends on how seriously you can take him as a character in some respects. (Think of how people hate modern Family Guy or modern The Simpsons for having dark or cruel scenes despite the series never committing itself to a serious long running narrative)
Jun 16, 2023 8:13 AM

Jul 2021
PeripheralVision said:
pastuch said:

It is the reason why I like Happy Sugar Life. The difference to me is that Happy Sugar Life never pretended that Satou was a good person. It acknowledged her humanity, but only in the context of addressing just how awful she was as a result of her trauma. She’s still a literal groomer of an 8 year girl she essentially kidnapped off the streets.

This is the first reason why I don’t agree with you that Mushoku is well-written; Rudeus’ flaws concerning his perversion are not the main focus of his character arc. That would actually be mostly his self-esteem issues. Rudeus’ pedophilia and sexual perversions are treated as permissible by the story alongside his father, but the story takes itself way too seriously compared to Uza-Maid for this to really work.

People hate Mineta, but not in the same way they may hate Griffith. Hatred of Griffith stems from how well-written the relationships between him and the Band of Hawk are. Hatred for Mineta stems from how annoying Mineta is.

The difference then is the reader asking “why even have Mineta scenes”, and that much is because he does not advance the plot. He is not funny, just crass.

I also bring up Turner Diaries here. Turner Diaries is white supremacist fan fiction. The main character commits genocide, and this makes him easy to hate because the author thinks he is in the right to kill non-whites. Do you think this series is well-written because I hate the main character and what he stands for?

Mushoku then has two problems for me. Rudeus is not nearly as good a person as the series thinks he is, and he is so unpleasant that he is pretty annoying. It is actually pretty rare to have a character I can say is both too evil and annoying.

Oh, to be honest I didn’t really think of the anime narrating it as if his actions were permissible, but I guess it actually does that. Thank you for your non-superficial analysis, it actually made me change my mind about it!
Jun 16, 2023 10:32 AM

Apr 2016
Attack on Titan and Death Note... not to mention other abominations like Chainsaw Mid and Mushoku Tensei.

Those embody everything that is wrong with the anime industry, and are the plague to the TRUE anime History and Culture. Yikes!
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» What's your most anticipated anime from summer 2024 ?

ZXEAN - 11 hours ago

24 by DesuMaiden »»
1 minute ago

» Would anime be better if they started to use more adult casts? ( 1 2 )

Thy-Veseveia - Jun 5

66 by JaniSIr »»
24 minutes ago

» Anime genres that declined in popularity or lost relevance and with time ?

tchitchouan - 8 hours ago

7 by tchitchouan »»
25 minutes ago

» A character who is impossible to love?

torsan88 - Jun 6

31 by Ispectatort »»
28 minutes ago

» Anime peaked in 1998 ( 1 2 )

Iron_Leopard - Jun 6

60 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
34 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.