Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
May 16, 2023 12:16 AM
Aug 2013
Memore said:
JesusJuarez1993 said:
it was a DDos attack and literally had rebuild the website from scratch and get it running again like it was before the attack happened it took weeks a couple of months if i remember correctly. 

Again, why there are no advanced programmers to secure the site of such attacks from that? It is a mtstery. Especially if there WERE NUMEROUS ONES before.
Martisha_Veresk said:
Truly true!
It’s cool that Shikimori has a large selection of anime. 
And it’s also modern, and you don’t have to worry about hacking... probably

I hope so too. Now I have to update my lists here from Shiki.

Your deadass actually expects a free to use website to be maintained by a professional team? LOL the modern generation really be full of self entitled folks

The only thing we need to understand here is you need to grow up and stop whining like a spoilt child. Dont like it go find another free option.
XiaXueYiMay 16, 2023 12:22 AM
May 16, 2023 12:30 AM
Aug 2013
Queen_Galaxia said:
It could have been worse.  I lost around an entire week of posts on a forum that was hacked last year and the admins there don't seem to care about maintaining their forum since most of them aren't active and some of them haven't even logged in for years.
Well that’s how it is as passion projects. People grow up and have no more time to maintain forums pro-bono. Sad but we have to live with it
May 16, 2023 12:33 AM
Aug 2013

Wehzy said:
Dude its the biggest anime list site on the internet and you can't defend yourself from a cyber attack? thats just sad. Glad i made a backup list on anilist few days before it happend because i got REALLY tired of this awful review aka hate system.

Better moderation, , WAY better review system ,better search system and WAY less toxicity.

I've been here for 13 years and site gets only worse each update.
If you’re that old you should also know the programming language MAL is using is as old as you, but clearly you dont understand the IT implications of that so go back to anilist lol. Though ive been seeing the posts here that anilist has toxic mods o_O
May 16, 2023 2:08 AM

Feb 2021
XiaXueYi said:
Memore said:

Again, why there are no advanced programmers to secure the site of such attacks from that? It is a mtstery. Especially if there WERE NUMEROUS ONES before.

I hope so too. Now I have to update my lists here from Shiki.

Your deadass actually expects a free to use website to be maintained by a professional team? LOL the modern generation really be full of self entitled folks

The only thing we need to understand here is you need to grow up and stop whining like a spoilt child. Dont like it go find another free option.

First, be polite to the people, please. Second, I never complain, simply stated the facts that there have to be such people here in staff that is all.

Have a good day.
May 16, 2023 3:43 AM

Jul 2009
Singe41 said:

They do? Can you name an example?

Got banned just this week for saying "delete propaganda coming from X countries from anilist". For context it was in their "unpopular opinions / hot takes" thread, which means "post something controversial".

anyway MAL is back yay
thinkpadMay 16, 2023 3:47 AM
May 16, 2023 5:40 AM

Jul 2013
Memore said:
stephtastrophe said:
I've had an account here for years and it has been hacked several times. Now I'm thinking of migrating to another site because this does happen so much. I can't even understand why anyone would hack such a site unless it is people paying for things on here. I think if they hacked it for the reasons I read then that's silly.

Me too, I also plan to leave this site if attacks will happen again, also why they don't take ANY actions to prevent and defend the site in general, it is a mystery for me.
Yes, I may leave before it happens again. Yes exactly! They should be taking action. That guy who wrote the second comment and got removed was right! If they aren't proper web devs who know security then they need to hire one! I remember when it got hacked a lot when Xinil was in charge, always by the same person too. 
May 16, 2023 7:38 AM

Feb 2021
thinkpad said:
Singe41 said:

They do? Can you name an example?

Got banned just this week for saying "delete propaganda coming from X countries from anilist". For context it was in their "unpopular opinions / hot takes" thread, which means "post something controversial".

anyway MAL is back yay

It was very harsh from them, I admit.
stephtastrophe said:
Memore said:

Me too, I also plan to leave this site if attacks will happen again, also why they don't take ANY actions to prevent and defend the site in general, it is a mystery for me.
Yes, I may leave before it happens again. Yes exactly! They should be taking action. That guy who wrote the second comment and got removed was right! If they aren't proper web devs who know security then they need to hire one! I remember when it got hacked a lot when Xinil was in charge, always by the same person too. 

Yes, you are right. It is not so difficult to find a qualified person in this field to protect the site from hacking.
May 16, 2023 8:20 AM

Jan 2021
XiaXueYi said:

Wehzy said:
Dude its the biggest anime list site on the internet and you can't defend yourself from a cyber attack? thats just sad. Glad i made a backup list on anilist few days before it happend because i got REALLY tired of this awful review aka hate system.

Better moderation, , WAY better review system ,better search system and WAY less toxicity.

I've been here for 13 years and site gets only worse each update.
If you’re that old you should also know the programming language MAL is using is as old as you, but clearly you dont understand the IT implications of that so go back to anilist lol. Though ive been seeing the posts here that anilist has toxic mods o_O
Ye, that's the thing, people will always cry about something but without own prior knowledge or skills. Cyber attacks are kinda "common" thing and I am shocked that MAL doesn't have more issues, as it's the "biggest anime list site on the internet". 

Regarding anilist, it has not only toxic mods but also the community around it. Racist/xenophobic behavior is kinda normal over there also as protecting some weird levels of their standards and "moral behavior", if you will... Also some of the anilist functions are crap and they don't even have some anime or manga/manwha pieces. I can imagine using it maybe as backup (no, I won't, lol) but I can't see those nice different things every anilist snowflake is talking about. Not only that site is crap (well, is pretty fast, must admit that, nice code) but also has one of the worst community and mod team I've ever met on the internet. Imagine grown adults behaving as special snowflakes, censoring everything that isn't in their point of view and community being toxic over every opinion you or someone else might have. So I am sorry, but I see no reason anybody sane would use Anilist as their main service for anime/manga/manwha list. 

But the funny part is, that you can spot those snowflakes promoting Anilist everywhere they can but at the end of the day you still catch them wandering over here, adding new pieces to their lists, being active in this community... I wonder why... Maybe Anilist isn't that super nice place to be? Who knows... :)
May 16, 2023 8:22 AM
Aug 2013
Memore said:
XiaXueYi said:

First, be polite to the people, please. Second, I never complain, simply stated the facts that there have to be such people here in staff that is all.

Have a good day.
Pretty sure all the posts from you with sheer ignorance about cybersecurity counts as complaining/being whiny. “2 days is too long” this is not critical infrastructure like banking or internet service by any means lmao check your stupid ego at the door. If anything they have better peformance than some Asian infrastructure services I know of…

Dont see the need to be polite to self entitled whiny little brats who expected world class service when they’re paying zilch.
May 16, 2023 8:28 AM
Aug 2013
Updated_Cake said:
XiaXueYi said:

Ye, that's the thing, people will always cry about something but without own prior knowledge or skills. Cyber attacks are kinda "common" thing and I am shocked that MAL doesn't have more issues, as it's the "biggest anime list site on the internet". 

Regarding anilist, it has not only toxic mods but also the community around it. Racist/xenophobic behavior is kinda normal over there also as protecting some weird levels of their standards and "moral behavior", if you will... Also some of the anilist functions are crap and they don't even have some anime or manga/manwha pieces. I can imagine using it maybe as backup (no, I won't, lol) but I can't see those nice different things every anilist snowflake is talking about. Not only that site is crap (well, is pretty fast, must admit that, nice code) but also has one of the worst community and mod team I've ever met on the internet. Imagine grown adults behaving as special snowflakes, censoring everything that isn't in their point of view and community being toxic over every opinion you or someone else might have. So I am sorry, but I see no reason anybody sane would use Anilist as their main service for anime/manga/manwha list. 

But the funny part is, that you can spot those snowflakes promoting Anilist everywhere they can but at the end of the day you still catch them wandering over here, adding new pieces to their lists, being active in this community... I wonder why... Maybe Anilist isn't that super nice place to be? Who knows... :)
Honestly the internet and forums were better places to hang out when I was 16. Now almost 15 yrs later too many people get to use the internet but without the braincells and manners. And like all these kids they want free shit at high quality like the kids in my day who felt they were entitled to free lossless music and 1080p anime from piratebay. why am I not surprised at their low quality behaviour.

Most of the time I dont really expect anything substantial after their initial posts because they’ve already shown their hand. 
May 16, 2023 8:35 AM

Jul 2013
Yes, said:
Memore
Got said:
thinkpad

Yes, said:
stephtastrophe
[/quote]Yeah, I just made an account on anilist for backup, not sure if I will stay on here or not. No, definitely don't think it is. I find it strange it gets hacked so much, it's a strange choice of site to hack, I know now you can pay for stuff but before it got hacked when you couldn't. I don't understand the point unless it's just because it is so easy to hack, in which case they need a qualified person to protect it and sort it out. 
May 16, 2023 8:47 AM

Feb 2021
XiaXueYi said:
Memore said:

Have a good day.
Pretty sure all the posts from you with sheer ignorance about cybersecurity counts as complaining/being whiny. “2 days is too long” this is not critical infrastructure like banking or internet service by any means lmao check your stupid ego at the door. If anything they have better peformance than some Asian infrastructure services I know of…

Dont see the need to be polite to self entitled whiny little brats who expected world class service when they’re paying zilch.

Who is brat here? I am older than you. And again, don't project your conclusions to other people, it is wrong. I state the obvious fact. If you want to see such attacks in future, it is your right.
stephtastrophe said:
Yes, said:
Memore

Yeah, I just made an account on anilist for backup, not sure if I will stay on here or not. No, definitely don't think it is. I find it strange it gets hacked so much, it's a strange choice of site to hack, I know now you can pay for stuff but before it got hacked when you couldn't. I don't understand the point unless it's just because it is so easy to hack, in which case they need a qualified person to protect it and sort it out. 
[/quote]
I absolutely agree with you here. Also can't understand why hack this site. It is only an encyclopedia of anime and manga, nothing more to achieve by doing all this.
May 16, 2023 5:03 PM
Feb 2022
this obviously is not the site's fault and rather the hacker's, but man am i pissed that after i finally updated my list, it was all removed. dammit 😭
May 18, 2023 8:24 AM

Jun 2015
Glad we back and can enjoy our anime posting again. Well done to all staff who worked diligently and returned us to normal service!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
May 18, 2023 8:25 AM
Jan 2014
XiaXueYi said:

Oh, yes. Thank you for setting all these brats right. All this cr*p is dang obnoxious. I support every line you wrote here. Although, paying does not give more rights, like you are not more equal than the other simply because you throw more money, right? But i get your meaning. 50% of posters here behave like spoilt brats, everywhere. I am glad there was someone to say some necessary wisdom amongst all this trash. Man, i really can't take all these people who 'demand' things as if the world should prostrate themselves before their all-mightiness. I see that MAL was bought was a japanese company. Bro, considering their usual ways, if some japanese person were to read such threads, they would be shocked, and won't fail to notice how this world is indeed going down the drain.
May 18, 2023 8:40 AM
Jan 2014
Memore said:

Who is brat here? I am older than you. And again, don't project your conclusions to other people, it is wrong. I state the obvious fact. If you want to see such attacks in future, it is your right.

Well, obviously, this is only how i see things personally and i can't exactly claim to hold every truth in the world, right? But for all that is worth, who is the brat you ask? My answer would be: You. Your age has nothing to do with anything. There are plenty of entitled people in this world who grow up with no one to adress their sh*tty behavior, and they simply get more convinced over time that they are well worth it anyway. So, behaving like a spoiled brat has nothing to do with the age of your flesh. It should be obvious that simply by 'demanding' stuff like you do -stuff that you don't really comprehend yourself, and without doing any preemptive studying in order to comprehend it before speaking- won't make your tantrum any less worthless. Is that how a proper adult behaves in your country? Gosh... that sucks. Hope you are not my neighbourg.

And bro, just to say. I am not a kid anymore myself. Admittedly, i haven't watched an anime in a year, but i still come here, and i was born in 1980. Were you born before or after? Who cares? I have met kids 20 years older than me, and adults 20 years younger. But if you feel good promoting your entitlement to us by using your age as a shield, then know that it only emphasizes your immaturity even further.

Now, it is not only you obviously. I have seen worse in this thread. I merely answer you in particular because you wrote a lot of different comments to complain about the same things, and because of the line i quoted, which is... simply embarrasing. Get yourself straight. One can never shed criticism that adresses their shallowness by using even more shallow lines like this one.
Nox---May 18, 2023 9:04 AM
May 18, 2023 8:56 AM
Aug 2013
Memore said:

If you’re at least 30yo and you still act this stuck up and self-entitled, I feel very sorry for the parents indeed.

Guess we have a manchild here then?

Honestly the only thing wrong here is the spoilt brat who thinks an entire website owes him a living, lol.
XiaXueYiMay 18, 2023 9:00 AM
May 18, 2023 10:33 AM

Feb 2021
To Nox and his friend Xia: you can only insult others without even understanding their opinions and positions. This only shows how "old" are you. It is pointless to talk to both of you.

Have a good day.
May 18, 2023 11:38 AM

Sep 2010
Memore said:
To Nox and his friend Xia: you can only insult others without even understanding their opinions and positions. This only shows how "old" are you. It is pointless to talk to both of you.

Have a good day.

They are right tho. And I didn't see a single insult in their posts either.
May 18, 2023 12:15 PM

Feb 2021
ateks said:
Memore said:

Have a good day.

They are not right. And I see it clearly.
MemoreMay 18, 2023 12:23 PM
May 18, 2023 5:53 PM
Apr 2023
bro this did not just happen but seriously. thanks to whoever got mal back online.
May 18, 2023 7:59 PM

Dec 2008
What a bunch of bullshit-it seems that a lot of buttholes get their jollies by taking down websites, sad.
Life Is Short But Intense.
May 19, 2023 4:18 AM
Jan 2014
Memore said:
Have a good day.
==========

That was a fascinating demonstration. Fascinating to read, indeed. You see clearly, but you let us in the dark. And you want to deny that you simply throw childish tantrums...? Boy...

==========

I insulted no one. I never insult anyone. This is what those who have nothing to say do. And i happen to be talkative, so i have no need for insults. You simply consider that anyone who dare criticize or disagree with you insults you. Disagreeing with your righteous (if uninformed) views is a crime to you. That is childish. Which basically supports everything i was saying. And yes, i knew it was pointless to try and explain it to you. Still, i had to try, for posterity.
Nox---May 19, 2023 4:34 AM
May 19, 2023 4:20 AM
Jan 2014
ateks said:
Memore said:

Have a good day.

Thank you. That makes one who is capable of reading.
May 19, 2023 5:54 AM

Feb 2021
Nox--- said:
Memore said:
Have a good day.
==========

That was a fascinating demonstration. Fascinating to read, indeed. You see clearly, but you let us in the dark. And you want to deny that you simply throw childish tantrums...? Boy...

==========

I insulted no one. I never insult anyone. This is what those who have nothing to say do. And i happen to be talkative, so i have no need for insults. You simply consider that anyone who dare criticize or disagree with you insults you. Disagreeing with your righteous (if uninformed) views is a crime to you. That is childish. Which basically supports everything i was saying. And yes, i knew it was pointless to try and explain it to you. Still, i had to try, for posterity.

Nox--- said:
ateks said:

Thank you. That makes one who is capable of reading.

Yes, yes, of course you are right , as always, only your opinion is right and others are wrong.

I can't read and don't understand anything.

Take care.
MemoreMay 19, 2023 6:37 AM
May 19, 2023 10:19 AM

Feb 2014
the elitism regarding what anime site to use is so funny, we all watch anime how about we chill. anonymity is really wasted on some people i stg

May 19, 2023 4:17 PM

Feb 2023
Why'd the site randomly go down for a few hours just now? Did something happen again?
May 19, 2023 4:41 PM

May 2019
fr

無無無

May 19, 2023 4:52 PM
Jul 2018
(reply function isn't working: I'm replying to StyxParadise)

some people posted about it on reddit but insofar there is no explanation. with the site barely working, useful stuff having been removed in the past years (like staff comment section), and the only people friending me being spammers, it's getting hard to justify using the site. not to mention the fact that MAL connects to, according to the uMatrix browser extension, 37 third-party URL's, including 14 google ones, and at least 16 ad-related URL's. that's more than twice the amount of the second place (kitsu) - statistics concerning the home page of those sites. I was thinking about using some other website but... I think we can all agree that all the other sites have awful UI's, anilist included (I get eye strain from using it, on either dark or light mode). MAL, on that regard, is simply the best one. might as well go for an offline list, I guess.
removed-userMay 19, 2023 8:58 PM
May 20, 2023 3:48 AM
Mar 2023
I like anime
May 20, 2023 9:43 AM
Dec 2020
Tanjun said:
and you don't seem to understand
a shame you seemed an honest man
May 20, 2023 12:58 PM
Jan 2014
Memore said:

Yes, yes, of course you are right , as always, only your opinion is right and others are wrong.

Take care.

No. You still don't get it. I am not disrespecting you. I am trying to say things in the simplest way possible. What i say is: any opinion or position is fine, AS LONG as it is based on actual facts, knowledge, and proper research. Opinions based on prejudice, ignorance, and hearsay are not opinions. Instead, it is what we call the 'mob effect', responsible for many modern plagues, like for example, the 'Twitter Justice' phenomenom. And it is nocive. Hence why i try to adress it now.

Meaning, if you are going to spend that much time writing complaints about something in particular, you should spend even half this time studying the matter at hand beforehand, so that when you write your post, you can contribute things that are actually useful, full of insight AND based on reality, rather than spreading hearsay, rants and vague impressions based on void.

As a user of these fora, i believe it is both my right and my responsibility to point out certain behaviors. Because as a user, i am partly responsible for the contents one can find here. And so, i won't back down.
Nox---May 20, 2023 1:08 PM
May 20, 2023 1:28 PM

Feb 2021
Nox--- said:
Memore said:

Take care.

No. You still don't get it. I am not disrespecting you. I am trying to say things in the simplest way possible. What i say is: any opinion or position is fine, AS LONG as it is based on actual facts, knowledge, and proper research. Opinions based on prejudice, ignorance, and hearsay are not opinions. Instead, it is what we call the 'mob effect', responsible for many modern plagues, like for example, the 'Twitter Justice' phenomenom. And it is nocive. Hence why i try to adress it now.

Meaning, if you are going to spend that much time writing complaints about something in particular, you should spend even half this time studying the matter at hand beforehand, so that when you write your post, you can contribute things that are actually useful, full of insight AND based on reality, rather than spreading hearsay, rants and vague impressions based on void.

As a user of these fora, i believe it is both my right and my responsibility to point out certain behaviors. Because as a user, i am partly responsible for the contents one can find here. And so, i won't back down.

Oh My God, just leave me alone already. I have no intention to continue this pointless monologue of you.

Goodbye!
May 20, 2023 9:04 PM

Jan 2018
MadanielFL said:
It's quite sad that some of the replies that I received got deleted before I could read them...
Did you have email notifications set up? If so if you check your emails you might be able to see what was said before the sire went down.
May 21, 2023 2:25 AM

Sep 2010
So no news on why the server was down for another 4-5 hours on Friday? Another attack? Server issues? @Kineta
May 21, 2023 5:13 AM
Jan 2014
Memore said:

Oh My God, just leave me alone already. I have no intention to continue this pointless monologue of you.

Goodbye!

You posted 5161 times in a mere two years. You are everywhere. I can't ignore you, even if i wanted to. You are the one who won't let people alone. And there is not even a blacklist here. If you won't care about what you post, at the very least, stop inflicting upon me 2500 posts a year, and maybe i will be allowed to 'leave you alone', too. It is a monologue simply because the wall i throw the ball to is cheese. Full of holes. And this is not my responsability, only yours. Complain all you want again. Though this is my last post to you. There are limits to fighting useless battles. I wish you will remember the nagging me and Xia when someone nags you again someday.
Nox---May 21, 2023 5:55 AM
May 22, 2023 6:17 AM
May 2023
Hi guys
While it's important to address concerns, it's advisable to approach the situation responsibly.Free Fire
May 23, 2023 11:27 AM

Feb 2016
fizzletrie said:
Tanjun said:
and you don't seem to understand
a shame you seemed an honest man
and all the fears you hold so dear
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» Summer Stack Challenges 🎾 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Jul 30

297 by GrumbleDango »»
1 hour ago

» MAL Game "Fantasy Anime League" Opens for Fall 2024 ( 1 2 3 )

Kineta - Sep 12

105 by RED-clover12 »»
10 hours ago

» MAL Game "Fantasy Anime League" Opens for Spring 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kineta - Mar 17

156 by badabass »»
Sep 17, 5:59 PM

» Join MAL's Moderator Team!

Kineta - Sep 12

0 by Kineta »»
Sep 12, 7:26 PM

» Related Anime/Manga Section Changes ( 1 2 3 )

Kineta - May 23

124 by Chronowarp »»
Sep 10, 5:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.