Forum Settings
Forums

Meitantei Conan: Keisatsu Gakkou-hen Wild Police Story - Case. Furuya Rei Episode 1 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 11, 2023 7:26 AM

Dec 2015
Finally back with the epilogue to wild police story. Thought they forgot to adapt it or just wasn't going to. It's a shame that they all died but I'm glad that they live on in some shape or form in Rei. On another note, I just realized that Valshe is collaborating on the ED. She's done an OP and an ED in the past. Really good music.

Holy cheeseballs O_0! Surprised to see them show up.

It looks like the canon episodes won't start until March 25. But we'll get 3 consecutive episodes of manga content so that's nice.
But Crunchyroll won't be getting any new episodes till then. Looks like TMS are planning to do some remasters of old episodes.

零の出番か。久しぶり、Wild Police Story編。 4人は生きていて欲しかった😢。 え?!ValsheはこのEDを歌って、気付かなかった。なんか驚いた。

やったな!いよいよ、黒ずくめの組織の出番だ。ウォッカを見たら、「やった、アニオリじゃなくて、原作回だ!」と思った。
Mar 11, 2023 12:42 PM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
This episode was mostly just recapping events from the rest of the Wild Police Story episodes, but it was still a nice send off for that arc. Furuya going through the list of all his pals and recalling how they died was painful and it was clear in his voice how much he cherished his gang.

Looks like the next case is going to be manga canon again, and involving the Black Organization no less. Hopefully it's a very fun and thrilling case.
Mar 11, 2023 6:10 PM
Feb 2013
mostly a recap episode but seeing yumi and sato at the end meeting zero and his possibly sparking their joining of the police force was cool....I cannot wait till next episode
Mar 11, 2023 7:54 PM

Feb 2015
Oof that diploma picture with them disappearing in the order they died really hit me on the feels. So sad they were all so cool.
But on an unrelated note, I finally caught up!
Mar 11, 2023 8:03 PM

Sep 2021
weew full recap episode

zero is the last man standing
AoButa16Mar 11, 2023 8:06 PM
Mar 11, 2023 8:04 PM
Jul 2015
interesting aaaaaaaaa i forgo
Mar 11, 2023 8:12 PM

Sep 2021
Oh noiceeee black org series again next week!!!! 💕💕💕
Mar 12, 2023 8:34 AM

May 2018
Wow, Sato and Yumi cameos, I forgot about those.

Next time the BO vs FBI arc begins. (In the manga it starts directly after Kudo Yusaku`s Detective Show where Vermouth was disgused as Kaito Kid.)
Some much needed plot progression in the anime.
Mar 20, 2023 9:24 PM

Apr 2016
Basically a recap but it works for that scene of the group with their diplomas.
Mar 22, 2023 11:21 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Great episode. AMuro Rei and side story in the academy although there was a lot of recap. and prelude for the next adventure with the black guys!!! kekeke
Mar 24, 2023 2:19 AM

Feb 2021
Ranxomare said:
Great episode. AMuro Rei and side story in the academy although there was a lot of recap. and prelude for the next adventure with the black guys!!! kekeke

Yes, finally a very important manga case!
Mar 25, 2023 1:22 PM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
The recap episode thread has been merged into this thread.
Mar 25, 2023 4:22 PM

Aug 2010
Will there be a separate entry for this recap episode on MAL?
- For every anime I watch, I add non story spoiler notes, ratings, and tags. Add me as a friend if you like to see my opinions and random thoughts on different anime series.
- I'm a perfectionist, so I try to watch everything related to a series that I watch.
- I do not watch anime fast-forwarded, while multitasking, or skip filler/recap episodes.
Mar 25, 2023 4:29 PM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
JoniAnimu said:
Will there be a separate entry for this recap episode on MAL?
I asked the database mods about it and they haven't yet decided on how to categorize this episode. It's a very strange situation.
Mar 25, 2023 7:00 PM

May 2018
anime-prime said:
they haven't yet decided on how to categorize this episode

But this is not a recap episode (aside having recaps scenes...like other normal episodes). It's the end of the adaptation of this spinoff manga - https://myanimelist.net/manga/121951/Meitantei_Conan__Keisatsu_Gakkou-hen_-_Wild_Police_Story .
And since the rest of the episodes based on that manga were treated like normal episodes, this one should be too. (Thus the beginning of the BO vs FBI arc should be episode 1078.)
Mar 25, 2023 10:09 PM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
alshu said:
anime-prime said:
they haven't yet decided on how to categorize this episode

But this is not a recap episode (aside having recaps scenes...like other normal episodes). It's the end of the adaptation of this spinoff manga - https://myanimelist.net/manga/121951/Meitantei_Conan__Keisatsu_Gakkou-hen_-_Wild_Police_Story .
And since the rest of the episodes based on that manga were treated like normal episodes, this one should be too. (Thus the beginning of the BO vs FBI arc should be episode 1078.)
Tell that to Crunchyroll and the Detective Conan wiki. They both have uncategorized this episode as a numbered episode. Why that is, I have no idea.
Mar 26, 2023 7:38 PM

Jul 2013
anime-prime said:
alshu said:

Tell that to Crunchyroll and the Detective Conan wiki. They both have uncategorized this episode as a numbered episode. Why that is, I have no idea.

So, last episode of this arc at MAL officially is eps 1076.5?
Mar 26, 2023 10:05 PM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
shuffle_017 said:
anime-prime said:

Officially? No. It's just a placeholder title until I hear back from the database mods regarding how they classify this episode and whether it will get its own MAL entry or not.
Mar 26, 2023 10:08 PM

Jul 2013
anime-prime said:
shuffle_017 said:

Officially? No. It's just a placeholder title until I hear back from the database mods regarding how they classify this episode and whether it will get its own MAL entry or not.

Noted, thank you sir!
May 7, 2023 5:41 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
This thread has been properly formatted and moved to the proper anime series board.

@hai_X_is
@CDcoolio1984
@rayeine
@TrashRaccoon
@AoButa16
@Safrichh
@Ranxomare
@Memore
@JoniAnimu
@alshu
@shuffle_017
anime-primeMay 7, 2023 5:45 AM
Dec 23, 2023 9:27 AM
Mar 2018
An appropriately solemn finale, with some lovely moments, both new and old, shared between friends.
Aug 3, 8:19 PM

Aug 2011
There are 5 episodes uploaded on Netflix, Wikipedia also says that there are 5 episodes, but only one episode was written on MAL. How did this happen?
Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detective_Conan:_Police_Academy_Arc
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.