Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: Second Season
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 22, 2023 6:48 PM

May 2022
I really like this anime, its well regarded and after watching over a dozen episodes Id say for very good reasons; The Monogatari series is a demonstration of what an anime could be when its done with the most exacting vision and care. Small, but consistent, and easily digestible stories that span 2 or 3 episodes works really well here to keep viewer engagement as subsequent characters are introduced. Characters of which are so pleasantly designed and have their own opening/song. This is a highlight; its fantastic and very enjoyable. There are some quirks and scenes some may find unsavory but I do believe it only adds to the flavor of the watch, and in my opinion is very in line with what to expect from a good animation. 

It did not take long for me to be onboard either; I think when an anime gets you on board this quickly that's when you know you are in for something quite special. I could go on for a while about the many things I enjoy about the Monogatari series, but right now I am in my cups, its late and I need to keep watching just a few more episodes before I fall asleep. So I will keep it short, and just add the final praise in saying its just a beautiful watch.. the backgrounds, the character design and their animation are simply wonderful. Easy 10/10 thus far. (11 episodes in)

TLDR: This is an essential watch. And likely a trend setter of a show as I've seen its format and ideas in newer shows.
LordKirkisMar 23, 2023 12:39 AM
Mar 22, 2023 7:04 PM
Mar 2020
I’m glad you’re enjoying it.

๐˜š๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด, ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ’๐˜ต ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Mar 22, 2023 7:35 PM
Dec 2020
are you starting with this?
Mar 22, 2023 8:01 PM

May 2022
MeVike said:

Oh its fantastic! I'm glad to have finally begun watching. It does seems that I've plenty to watch too, but you won't see me complain one bit about that! That aside I hope to share more thoughts on the series soon.

Pillsbury_Uchiha said:
The first step is the most important one! :)

Edit: oh no I now see what you mean. But no, I am starting with Bake Monogatari. It seems I’ve posted in the wrong forum unfortunately! ๐Ÿ˜…

LordKirkisMar 22, 2023 8:12 PM
Mar 22, 2023 8:44 PM
Dec 2020
you know theres kizu and nise right
Mar 22, 2023 9:51 PM
Aug 2020
LordKirkis said:
MeVike said:

Oh its fantastic! I'm glad to have finally begun watching. It does seems that I've plenty to watch too, but you won't see me complain one bit about that! That aside I hope to share more thoughts on the series soon.

Pillsbury_Uchiha said:

Edit: oh no I now see what you mean. But no, I am starting with Bake Monogatari. It seems I’ve posted in the wrong forum unfortunately! ๐Ÿ˜…

Bro scared me, starting wrong would be very bad.
Mar 22, 2023 11:59 PM
Feb 2022
this show change my way of life
Mar 23, 2023 12:16 AM
Dec 2022
LordKirkis said:
MeVike said:

Pillsbury_Uchiha said:

Alright bro, giving you (for me) the :
How to watch Monogatari Series :
First Part with :
-Bakemonogatari (15 eps)
-Kizumonogatari (3 insane movies)
-Nisemonogatari (11 eps)
-Nekomonogatari : Kuro (4 eps)

Second Part with :
-Monogatari Second Season (26 eps)
-Hanamonogatari (5 eps)

Final Part with :
-Tsukimonogatari (4 eps)
-Owarimonogatari part 1 (12 eps)
-Owarimonogatari part 2 (7 eps)
-Zoku Owarimonogatari (6 eps)

And if you want there is ONA if your big fan :
-Koyomimonogatari (12 eps, but that’s ONA)

OwO
Mar 23, 2023 12:21 AM
Dec 2022
LordKirkis said:
I really like this anime, its well regarded and after watching over a dozen episodes Id say for very good reasons; The Monogatari series is a demonstration of what an anime could be when its done with the most exacting vision and care. Small, but consistent, and easily digestible stories that span 2 or 3 episodes works really well here to keep viewer engagement as subsequent characters are introduced. Characters of which are so pleasantly designed and have their own opening/song. This is a highlight; its fantastic and very enjoyable. There are some quirks and scenes some may find unsavory but I do believe it only adds to the flavor of the watch, and in my opinion is very in line with what to expect from a good animation. 

It did not take long for me to be onboard either; I think when an anime gets you on board this quickly that's when you know you are in for something quite special. I could go on for a while about the many things I enjoy about the Monogatari series, but right now I am in my cups, its late and I need to keep watching just a few more episodes before I fall asleep. So I will keep it short, and just add the final praise in saying its just a beautiful watch.. the backgrounds, the character design and their animation are simply wonderful. Easy 10/10 thus far. (11 episodes in)

TLDR: This is an essential watch. And likely a trend setter of a show as I've seen this format and ideas in newer shows.

Really glad you like this !

For me the Monogatari Series is the play garden of Akiyuki Shinbo (director of all series)

The place when he can put all of these wtf ideas and giving us one of the best experiences we live for a long time.

And that’s why I love Shaft, cause everything they are doing is so…impressive ?

But Monogatari is not just impressive, it’s the accomplishment of Shaft Studio, when all staff became Saiyans, that’s Monogatari Series
AgathaGhostMar 23, 2023 4:53 AM
Mar 23, 2023 5:34 AM
Mar 2022
Yeah, it's a really goated iconic piece of fiction, glad to hear that you are loving it so far.
Mar 23, 2023 6:36 AM

May 2022
AgathaGhost said:
LordKirkis said:

TLDR: This is an essential watch. And likely a trend setter of a show as I've seen this format and ideas in newer shows.

For me the Monogatari Series is the play garden of Akiyuki Shinbo (director of all series)

The place when he can put all of these wtf ideas and giving us one of the best experiences we live for a long time.

But Monogatari is not just impressive, it’s the accomplishment of Shaft Studio, when all staff became Saiyans, that’s Monogatari Series

I didn’t know all that. That is really cool, thanks for sharing. And thanks for listing your watch order. Currently plan to watch as they were released, but its always interesting to see where people end up after completing the show.
Mar 23, 2023 6:44 AM

Apr 2019
Monogatari is a great series and it is a trend setter both in terms of anime direction and writing. I am glad you are enjoying it. This is the kind of show that happens when everyone in a team gives their 100% and fully understands what they are trying to create. I wish you a happy viewing experience for this show.
Mar 23, 2023 11:25 AM
Dec 2022
LordKirkis said:
AgathaGhost said:

I didn’t know all that. That is really cool, thanks for sharing. And thanks for listing your watch order. Currently plan to watch as they were released, but its always interesting to see where people end up after completing the show.

No problem, if people can watch Monogatari Series in best conditions as possible, so it makes me happy, so well…mission complete ? (I think)
Mar 25, 2023 11:44 PM
Dec 2021
LordKirkis said:
MeVike said:

Pillsbury_Uchiha said:

wait so you started with bake and then watch this? you should watch kizu, nise and neko before this, y'know
Mar 26, 2023 4:34 AM

May 2022
Nutelu9001 said:
LordKirkis said:

wait so you started with bake and then watch this? you should watch kizu, nise and neko before this, y'know
I have not started this one actually.. and yes I will watch those first as suggested. Thanks!
Apr 14, 2023 3:48 PM

Aug 2020
Glad you enjoyed it, OP. It is surely a fun journey.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

421 by MysteriousFriend »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

248 by Benkei13 »»
Sep 22, 12:38 AM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 3, 2013

415 by JoaoPedru »»
Sep 20, 10:26 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 27, 2013

218 by 0451 »»
Sep 15, 10:05 AM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2013

171 by YeetYoloLol »»
Sep 4, 12:12 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.